[Product]  B-201 Zest Achilles Customize Set (Zest Achilles.Il.Qt'-4)

New set slated for release on August 6th, 2022. Contains a variety of parts, prominently  featuring the new BU Series version of Achilles, which is now Dual-Spin instead of solely Right-Spin. Retail price is 4200 JPY.

The parts included in this set are
  • Zest Achilles-4 Layer (Dual Spin, comes with attachment)
  • Chain Phoenix-2 Layer
  • Hollow Ragnaruk 1D Layer
  • Illegal (Il) Disc
  • Fortress (Fr) Disc
  • Quattro' (Qt') Driver
  • Metal Never (MNv) Driver
  • A Gear attachment for Divine Blade
Product Promo Images:

Part Promo Images from the official Beyblade Burst Website, with description translations courtesy of DataBeys Project from Twitter:
Overall i'm quite happy with this set, second best looking achilles imo and has a lot of gimmicks, Quattro' is one of the 2 old drivers i'm fine with (counting new variants of old), the secondary parts are pretty cool, and it's neat that this time it has an extra layer instead of disk and driver Metal Survive does not exist.
Also WOO new armor, and a new disk with a funny name is more than welcome as well.
Funny how dual spin achilles came out of left field, I know opinions are kinda split on that but personally i'm on the side that doesn't really care either way.
I’m glad we don’t have extra drivers this time, I never know what to do with them. matter of fact drivers are always the things I have extra anyway
Nice how they included chain and never, since they’re only in random boosters currently. The dual spin of achilles is seriously a twist though.
I honestly can't wait for this set. It looks really cool and it also looks really fun that Achilles is Dual Spin now since I've always wanted a Dual Spin Achilles and when I first started learning about Beyblade I thought Z Achilles was going to be a Dual Spinning Bey so I was pretty disappointed when it was just Right Spinning but now Achilles is finally Dual Spin. I kinda feel like Quattro isn't really a Driver for Achilles but just a minor nitpick. This is also an easier way of getting Chain and with the Phoenix Core, I'll finally be able to make my Black Prominence Phoenix. I hope we get a Random Booster at the end of Beyblade Burst where we have all of the Protagonists DB Evolutions in Holy King colors, I really would like this and think it would be cool. I can't wait for more new information on this New Achilles and hopefully, we get a Video Soon. 48 Modes is going to be hard to- keep track of though, lol.
The new Achilles looks beautiful. The core detail and everything is great, I can't wait to see it in person. Definitely going to get this one right off the bat, I have a lot of hope for its performance.
It's weird that they gave it dual spin, but it is also funny because now it joins Spriggan alongside Hello Kitty in Dynamite dual spin cores. It's the tag team I didn't know I needed before. Speaking of Hello Kitty, that Quattro' color seems perfect for it. Now you can get a complete Astral Hello Kitty, I love it. Quattro on Achilles seems strange, but I love Quattro and how the gimmick actually works, so getting another one is great.
The Chain Phoenix is a fun way to give us the complete Dead Phoenix look, but now I'll have to get Prominence Valkyrie too, and then I'd have four Over discs by the end of this all. I guess that's better than ending up with four Nexus discs by a longshot, it could always be worse...
I'm happy we have a new disc. I've been wanting to get more DB discs but I just keep ending up with Over, and being able to get Fortress is a nice bonus. Also, Hollow! Sparking bey in a DB set, but seeing as I've been wanting Sparking stuff but not actually wanting to buy it so I can afford new DB stuff and maybe GT stuff, this works out really well for me.
I wish they gave us more tips, even though a nice colored Quattro that's dash and a Never I didn't have before is good. Maybe it's to compliment the Customize set, which gave us one disc and two drivers too many?
The A Gear.... bleugh. Not much to say about this. It's definitely a gear of all time. Even the name just makes it sound so boring. It's just... A Gear, haha.
You know thinking about it both Spriggan and Achilles are the definition of what/how a balance bey is suppossed to be multiple modes and got almost every gimmicks. Anyway this Achilles looks like its going to be fun i'm putting that quattro dash on Astral though I got a extra high xtend÷ which im slapping on this Achilles plus the black phoenix Core going on my dark promonence base its Win win for me
Honestly excited for this release! Achilles looks amazing, and I'm glad we can get Chain, and Fortress in a non-RB set. The dual-spin aspect of Achilles was a HUGE surprise, but a somewhat pleasant one. Also am wondering how Il will work out, it has a near-similarity to Outer with the holes around it. Quatro' I'm very excited about, as Ill probably use it a lot for some Attack combinations for fun.

Will totally be getting this BU beyblade when I can!
-WizardBlader
When I heard this had Quattro' (along with Over and 2) I was pretty annoyed at the laziness but now that I know it has a new disc and armor, I'm okay with the choice. I wanted Quattro' for BU Spriggan, but I'll take it early Smile. As usual, Achilles looks gorgeous. Just absolutely a stunning Beyblade (if you can ignore the screws). 48 modes sounds so much fun to play with and seeing some of the leaked pictures... some look promising.

Chain Phoenix looks incredible. LOVE the white, black and purple on Chain and a black Phoenix recolour is a no-brainer, easy cash-grab for TT. Take my money!

I also really like the recolour of Never. Not a fan of metal caps, but whatever.

Finally, there is Hollow Ragnarok. I know the yellow recolour of Deathscyther from Curse Deathscyther could go with it... but I just wish it was something else. Ultimate Perseus? I don't know. Something BU/DB.

Still a must-buy for me!
-WizardBlader
Time to give my in-depth thoughts to this set here.

Zest Achilles .Il.Qt'-4

Starting with Zest Achilles 4, the aesthetics are quite nice and colourful, in terms of the boldness of the bey, it's a stark contrast to the previous BU beys. It's almost a bit too much silver to me in a way, it makes Achilles seem a bit too muddled. I would've preferred gold for the side parts of the core. Still I like the shape of the blade, and the stock mode might be my favourite looking one.

This bey has 48 modes, which is pretty impressive, not really necessary but it's nice. However, and I know I keep bringing this up, but I also find it really iffy that it has both Qt' and dual spin, it just makes it feel more like another Spriggan. Make no mistake, it has it's own unique elements, but introducing dual spin this late for Achilles feels really weird, it just doesn't fit it to me. Quattro' honestly fits Achilles as well as Dimension' did for Spriggan, basically not very much so. I just don't think a Zeta inspired driver should be for anything else besides Spriggan.

The disk is called "Illegal", nice name there, surely won't be confusing at all. It looks quite nice, it's very much like Outer, the resemblance is crazy. It looks pretty light, especially with even the middle parts being very thinned out, but after underestimating Fortress' weight, I don't think I should speak too soon again lol. I do hope it's not better than Over at stamina, Over was already too good as it was.

I won't comment on 4 until we get clearer images.

Chain Phoenix

This one's a really beautiful recolour, that Chain in trans black and trans clear is so gorgeous, very ghost or phantom like, it's awesome! It would've been nice if the red Kerbeus core was tailored to this colour scheme instead. Phoenix in that colour looks great too, it works well with the base it's on. Now there's two reasons why I actually think this is the best looking bey for this set: for one, it's just a cleaner more efficient colour scheme, it's striking yet never too busy, it's almost calm in a way. Second reason, the black Phoenix core is more than likely meant for black Prominence as a callback for Dead Phoenix, and in an Achilles set go figure.

Hollow Ragnaruk 1D

Now I haven't got much to say other than firstly, why are we getting a Sparking layer this late? Just give us another DB layer, this just feels like a waste of space. In all fairness though, we haven't had a Hollow rerelease yet so there you go. Oh and it's another gold recolour... wooooo...

The A Gear

It's a thing. Yeah I haven't got much to say, guess it looks fine, but it's just a piece of plastic with dinky blades from what I can tell, I don't know how much it'll help, but only time will tell.

The Other Extra Parts

We have an easy to access Fortress, so that's kinda cool I guess. We also got Metal Never, which sounds okay, though Never was already quite tight, and will those small metal teeth really help it?

Random Notes

- It's also ironic that Achilles has the same coloured side parts as Kerbeus, much like how Spriggan had the same side part colours as Ragnaruk, both Kerbeus and Ragnaruk being the first RBV beys of their season, and Spriggan and Achilles both being set beys.

- As well as the clear reference to Dead Phoenix in relation to Achilles by including the black core, Prominence Valkyrie is used in the box art. Almost as if it's telling us that black Prominence should be with black Phoenix. Hmmmm...

- Metal Never is quite a similar colour to Wave', both technically being the other new drivers for their respective sets.
It's really just screams six shot wannabe. Imagine if they seal the instructions to let us figure out how to mode change
Finally, Achilles returns!!! Time for my long review, which is going in a spoiler.

Can anyone tell me about Qt and NV so I can update my drafts on both? They've picking up dust a lot lately.
Full thoughts on the set
I'm overall not sold on this set the parts included here is overall decent and some good and some bad parts and not a fan of achilles that much
(Jul. 15, 2022  5:16 AM)Needforspeed Wrote: Full thoughts on the set
I'm overall not sold on this set the parts included here is overall decent and some good and some bad parts and not a fan of achilles that much
Cliffjumper: first time?
Anywho I think it's actually such a sucker punch as Achilles can't gain any further modes, now here we are, now a RID 2001 Megatron wannabe.
(Jul. 15, 2022  7:18 AM)WickedHero Wrote: [Image: 294057968_5186782508035577_8629860298080...e=62D5238F]

Funnies bey memes i have seen
Better if someone put Zest as Gigatron
Illegal... what were you thinking TT???
[Image: 20220715_103009.jpg]

Illegal might be has same weight with Over, but the distribution is focuses on outer instead of centre like Over
(Jul. 15, 2022  10:14 AM)WickedHero Wrote: [Image: 20220715_103009.jpg]

Illegal might be has same weight with Over, but the distribution is focuses on outer instead of centre like Over
When has CWD even come in handy?
Also it's clearly just Yell 2.0/Wheel wannabe
Opening Post has been updated with part promo images and descriptions:
Alright I know that the TT weight stats tend to be inaccurate, but Illegal having a 5 starred weight along with it's extremely high emphasis on centrifugal force is very concerning to me. The fact that it says that it gives it unfair levels of it makes me really hope this isn't better than Over, or at least has a much higher burst risk. If nothing else, make it extremely beneficial for attack. This also just feels more like a stamina disk to me, so seeing it as a new part on Achilles is odd.

I also just realized that Achilles technically has all new parts if you count Qt' as actually new.
Didn't really see a mode change for the A gear coming, but it does make it cooler than a regular piece of plastic. Still probably won't save the poor performance of divine, but hey mode changes are almost always nice.
(Jul. 15, 2022  7:18 AM)WickedHero Wrote: [Image: 294057968_5186782508035577_8629860298080...e=62D5238F]

Funnies bey memes i have seen
Crazy how Aiga would've been the first protagonist with a dual-spin Beyblade if BU had an anime. It also reminds me of when some people including myself thought Cho-Z Achilles was a dual-spin because it came with an LR launcher.
(Jul. 15, 2022  5:17 PM)NoNotYou Wrote: Didn't really see a mode change for the A gear coming, but it does make it cooler than a regular piece of plastic. Still probably won't save the poor performance of divine, but hey mode changes are almost always nice.
I guess. At least we can make it flashy by screaming transform while we do it.