[Product]  B-199 Booster Gatling Dragon.Kr.Cm'-10

To be release on june 26th 2022
Gatling Dragon.Kr.Cm'-10
[Image: 4904810209850_882e6c4addb240e494ae9abd25bfc1a8.jpg]
[Image: 4904810209850_a7950467f2fb4bb3a13ed8109a5649bd.jpg]
[Image: 4904810209850_bd935fe25d0549febae6adbda4756c13.jpg]
Many of these threads were submitted, but this was the first so I'll approve this one. A winner is you, Needforspeed.
Gatling Dragon is probably the only Bey I'm going to try picking up. It looks really cool and it could potentially be competitive with the Awakening Gimmick like Tempest was. Also, I really would like to slap the D Gear onto my Nexus, it might be a Good Replacement for Nexus+S since I don't want to have to buy the Whole Astral Spriggan Set and I wanted to get Tempest but didn't want to spend the money for it but now it is just in a Booster but upgraded lol. Hopefully, I'll be able to pick this up when I get the chance, and Karama and Charge Metal' are good releases to pick up. I really have a lot of High Hopes for this Bey and I'll be sad if it turns out not to be good lol.
Really good Bey but why Charge Metal’? Didn’t they already do High Charge Metal’.
Man and I just put my thoughts in the release and rumor thread. Well tl;dr of that, gatling is a very lazy bey both in design and parts as it's just tempest the sequel, though it is also my favorite looking dragon.
There's also the nice detail I saw someone point out that the 2 big rainbow stickers have GT on them.
(May. 13, 2022  12:21 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote: Gatling Dragon is probably the only Bey I'm going to try picking up. It looks really cool and it could potentially be competitive with the Awakening Gimmick like Tempest was. Also, I really would like to slap the D Gear onto my Nexus, it might be a Good Replacement for Nexus+S since I don't want to have to buy the Whole Astral Spriggan Set and I wanted to get Tempest but didn't want to spend the money for it but now it is just in a Booster but upgraded lol. Hopefully, I'll be able to pick this up when I get the chance, and Karama and Charge Metal' are good releases to pick up. I really have a lot of High Hopes for this Bey and I'll be sad if it turns out not to be good lol.

Same, this is probably gonna be one of the only BU releases that I’m going to pick up. If the new Xcaliber seems cool I’ll try to get that too.
Already given my thoughts about Dragon in the Upcoming Releases thread, but like Kerbeus, I'll give my thoughts on Dragon in it's own thread too.

Let's start to the most interesting part of this bey, bar none. The Gatling ring. This is pretty much just Tempest 2.0 with it's design and gimmick, which don't get me wrong, it makes sense since it's a direct follow up. I love that High and Low mode make a difference, similarly to Kerbeus, and it was rare in DB in general. As expected, High Mode keeps the wings fixed and Low Mode let's the bound gimmick work. However, I thought High Mode would keep the wings out, but I think they actually keep them inside. Notice how those white plastic parts likely cover part of Dragon's core when awakened? It probably means High Mode will disable awakened mode, which I guess improves stamina.

Dragon's chip is basically another Valkyrie chip, which is promising, and it makes sense with the bound attack Dragon tends to have. However it does come off as a bit redundant, this isn't like Kerbeus where it was a different spin direction from Bahamut, this is the same spin direction as Valkyrie. I just hope it has more durable teeth this time.

10 is an odd armour choice, but it's fine I guess. I would've preferred 7 for some reason (or a new armour), it just feels more fitting for Dragon, but that's just me.

Karma is kinda weird, but it makes sense I guess, though now it's facing the opposite side? It is a nice nod to the Lui/Drum team up where both share the same disk... and both reusing their own respective drivers from Sparking... speaking of which...

Charge Metal' is the driver. Kinda lame since I don't consider dash drivers to be truly new parts, but whatever.

The D Gear is... the D Gear. I'm actually wondering if this'll remain fixed or be like the S Gear where there's a fixed and free spin mode, but I don't think that makes sense for the D Gear. Imagine using the D Gear on the Al driver's bound disk?

I will say that, it looks great and I will pick it up, but at the same time, almost all the surprise to it is gone. The parts are either redundant or not new. Dragon has no real new parts besides the layer and core, not even the armour is new. Charge Metal' doesn't really count in my eyes. We know exactly what to expect, whereas most other releases have some innovation that surprises us, like Phoenix having heavy mode, Kerbeus' using Tact's gimmick, and Spriggan's insanely advanced Quattro driver. This does have the cool feature where High/Low mode actually affects Gatling's gimmick though, which is more than what I can say for many DB beys, as only Cyclone, Vanish, Guilty and Chain seemed to do that too.
For my thoughts on Dragon

10 and Karma being reused are extremely cringe-like armors I am gonna give up with because even QD just has variants of the same armor, Karma tho has no excuse that is like...really?

The Dragon Core I did expect in some way they would give it bound again so I don't really care we get a second bound core if the teeth are better than Valkyrie1 then happy days for me (Considering they repeat stuff like with Kerbeus and Bahamut)

Gatling being a Tempest clone but high mode it is fixed awakened and low it is normal for how it works is like alright I guess, seems we at least have another solid stamina option so I fine with it, I feel the reality with a lot of evos they don't have much they can really do, I would've liked it to be closer to imperial but whatever I guess.

Charge Metal' I expected I think it has kinda like no use? It is a funny driver maybe on guilty or something but I suppose better than getting High Charge' or Metal Charge so it could always be worse.

D-Gear looks to function exactly like S-Gear and you can replicate sting bound with Almight, it looks like it'll be a gear used for spamina so very fun.

I like the visual appearance greatly and I think it'll be a solid release I am not really bummed out on anything else for parts since rest make up for me.
I'm disappointed with Almight's bound gimmick though.

Also I think it would be hilarious to see a Charge driver marathon.
To sumurize my thoughts on this bey it is basically one of those beys who looks like its from those clickbait AMV just like Guilty and Ultimate, Though i do like how it looks but the core just has too much rainbow sticker for my liking.

Also D-gear not having new gimmick is kinda a let down for me personally but eh whaever.

(May. 13, 2022  12:10 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: Many of these threads were submitted, but this was the first so I'll approve this one. A winner is you, Needforspeed.
Living up to my name i see

Parts images
[Image: Dragon.png]
[Image: Gatling.png]
[Image: Charge_metal_dash.png]
Now that we see Gatling closed up, yeah it definitely gives me Tempest vibes, this thing is gonna be good for stamina. It still looks decently rounded like Tempest. Also wish Cm' had a different shade. This one looks fine, but having it this pearl blue feels so weird. I suppose Ad wasn't translucent either though. Maybe that's gonna become a common theme for BU, pearl drivers?
If I squint hard at it, I can see Hasbro's Dullahan but rounder. Likely still good at stamina though.
Cm' vs Hch': who's heavier?
(May. 13, 2022  1:05 AM)NoNotYou Wrote: Man and I just put my thoughts in the release and rumor thread. Well tl;dr of that, gatling is a very lazy bey both in design and parts as it's just tempest the sequel, though it is also my favorite looking dragon.
There's also the nice detail I saw someone point out that the 2 big rainbow stickers have GT on them.

Figured I was the only one who thought this. It looks nice and all but if we are being real, the layer is more or less just a copy of tempest. Also kinda sucks to see charge metal, but I guess it did need a dash upgrade.
Is the Gatling layer actually confirmed to be spring loaded? I know Tempest was, but the TT parts page never seemed to mention anything about springs or bound attack, as I imagine the Dragon chip is meant to do that instead. For all we know, it could just be loose wings. Looking at how Chain Kerbeus didn't retain any kind of bound gimmick, I can't help but wonder about Gatling too.
(May. 13, 2022  6:58 PM)Jinbee Wrote: Is the Gatling layer actually confirmed to be spring loaded? I know Tempest was, but the TT parts page never seemed to mention anything about springs or bound attack, as I imagine the Dragon chip is meant to do that instead. For all we know, it could just be loose wings. Looking at how Chain Kerbeus didn't retain any kind of bound gimmick, I can't help but wonder about Gatling too.

Assuming it uses a similar mechanism to Tempest for the wings, I imagine it's got some springs. Not for bound attacks, but just to retract the wings after a sufficiently hard hit.
I would be very surprised and incredibly disappointed if TT just gave it loose wings.
I'm not sure why they decided to give Dragon the 10 Armor of all Armors instead of just making a new Armor or using an Armor that actually makes sense like 2 or something. The design overall really is just Tempest Part 2 and i'm not really too surprised that the Dragon Core has a bound core, i just hope the teeth are better executed than they were with Valkyrie1.

Charge Metal' is lol but i had a feeling they would release it at some point.
(May. 14, 2022  10:07 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: I'm not sure why they decided to give Dragon the 10 Armor of all Armors instead of just making a new Armor or using an Armor that actually makes sense like 2 or something. The design overall really is just Tempest Part 2 and i'm not really too surprised that the Dragon Core has a bound core, i just hope the teeth are better executed than they were with Valkyrie1.

Its best that everyone to not expect all new part. Its a surprised that kerbeus got a new disc. Honestly thats probably the best they will do 1 new part (Not counting the layer and chip)once awhile like a new disc, driver or Armor with a 1 bey each lol
(May. 14, 2022  10:18 PM)God Dragruler Wrote:
(May. 14, 2022  10:07 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: I'm not sure why they decided to give Dragon the 10 Armor of all Armors instead of just making a new Armor or using an Armor that actually makes sense like 2 or something. The design overall really is just Tempest Part 2 and i'm not really too surprised that the Dragon Core has a bound core, i just hope the teeth are better executed than they were with Valkyrie1.

Its best that everyone to not expect all new part. Its a surprised that kerbeus got a new disc. Honestly thats probably the best they will do 1 new part (Not counting the layer and chip)once awhile like a new disc, driver or Armor with a 1 bey each lol

The thing is, Charge Metal' doesn't really count as a new part in my opinion, it's merely an upgrade of a driver that was never really that good. An actual new driver or a new Armor for Dragon would've made more sense and would've been more cooler than Dashing pre-existing Drivers and giving an Armor that doesn't even make sense for an attack type bey like Dragon. Even if Gatling or Dragon is good, for me the only point of value and interest in this release is the D-Gear imo.
(May. 14, 2022  10:32 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote:
(May. 14, 2022  10:18 PM)God Dragruler Wrote: Its best that everyone to not expect all new part. Its a surprised that kerbeus got a new disc. Honestly thats probably the best they will do 1 new part (Not counting the layer and chip)once awhile like a new disc, driver or Armor with a 1 bey each lol

The thing is, Charge Metal' doesn't really count as a new part in my opinion, it's merely an upgrade of a driver that was never really that good. An actual new driver or a new Armor for Dragon would've made more sense and would've been more cooler than Dashing pre-existing Drivers and giving an Armor that doesn't even make sense for an attack type bey like Dragon. Even if Gatling or Dragon is good, for me the only point of value and interest in this release is the D-Gear imo.

Agreed. Like, I'm happy that we got Charge Metal' but it really should've been put in the Kerbeus RB instead. Granted, it's probably difficult to come up with a new "evolution" to previously used drivers, since Dragon's really only had Charge, Ignition', and Charge Metal. It's kind of in the same boat as Longinus and several other motifs in that regard, where you eventually get to a point where there's nothing else you can really do with that driver design.
This one’s a mixed bag to me.

On one hand, cool, something other than, like, Dynamite+F will be used commonly for stamina, most likely. On the other, this season continues to show me in my eyes that TT has run out of ideas. As if the direct copy of tempest wasn’t enough, you’re basically getting charge metal again but dash, and Karma and 10 are just directly repeated parts. Dragon seems to be another attempt at Valkyrie1, so we’ll see where that goes.

Overall though, just confirms my suspicions that maybe this season wasn’t needed, and at this point is beginning to feel like a cash grab almost with how unoriginal these ideas have began to become.
(May. 14, 2022  11:19 PM)BladerGem Wrote:
(May. 14, 2022  10:32 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: The thing is, Charge Metal' doesn't really count as a new part in my opinion, it's merely an upgrade of a driver that was never really that good. An actual new driver or a new Armor for Dragon would've made more sense and would've been more cooler than Dashing pre-existing Drivers and giving an Armor that doesn't even make sense for an attack type bey like Dragon. Even if Gatling or Dragon is good, for me the only point of value and interest in this release is the D-Gear imo.

Agreed. Like, I'm happy that we got Charge Metal' but it really should've been put in the Kerbeus RB instead. Granted, it's probably difficult to come up with a new "evolution" to previously used drivers, since Dragon's really only had Charge, Ignition', and Charge Metal. It's kind of in the same boat as Longinus and several other motifs in that regard, where you eventually get to a point where there's nothing else you can really do with that driver design.
This sounds familiar as Ultimate Cannonbolt got dissed for similar reasons: there’s no way up but the method they chose.
ngl least they could do was give it a colored version of karma
Every release that passes I get a little more bumped out
Irl unawakened shot + battle with gatling at 6:22

[Image: cVDUTzF.png]
[Image: YHDguRo.png]
Best side shot we're gonna get for a while