[Product]  B-193 Booster Ultimate Valkyrie.Lg.V'-9

Not gonna lie, I feel like Ultimate Valkyrie should've had Ul'. As to why that Driver to be exact, it's because it's like an amalgamation of every driver Valkyrie's ever had; the attack power of the rubber drivers and the technicality of the plastic ones. Valkyrie drivers also start off slow before going bonkers at a certain point in time.
(Dec. 12, 2021  9:55 AM)SpeedySuomi Wrote: Not gonna lie, I feel like Ultimate Valkyrie should've had Ul'. As to why that Driver to be exact, it's because it's like an amalgamation of every driver Valkyrie's ever had; the attack power of the rubber drivers and the technicality of the plastic ones. Valkyrie drivers also start off slow before going bonkers at a certain point in time.

Story-wise - maybe, it kinda makes sense, but performance-wise Variable' is just better even despite being prone to self-KOs - well if you think about it, Ul' has the same issue after activation with much less stamina and attack power left, so....
(Dec. 12, 2021  11:16 AM)SomebodyUnknown Wrote:
(Dec. 12, 2021  9:55 AM)SpeedySuomi Wrote: Not gonna lie, I feel like Ultimate Valkyrie should've had Ul'. As to why that Driver to be exact, it's because it's like an amalgamation of every driver Valkyrie's ever had; the attack power of the rubber drivers and the technicality of the plastic ones. Valkyrie drivers also start off slow before going bonkers at a certain point in time.

Story-wise - maybe, it kinda makes sense, but performance-wise Variable' is just better even despite being prone to self-KOs - well if you think about it, Ul' has the same issue after activation with much less stamina and attack power left, so....

It's a good Driver nonetheless, it's got good LAD for an Attack-type driver, and depending on the combo it can deal some serious hits.
Ultimate Reboot’ is an underrated driver, but more so is Variable’. I’ve seen limited use of Variable’ in the meta, and honestly with the release of it here with Ultimate Valkyrie I’m excited to get it for myself and maybe use it competitively.
(Dec. 12, 2021  8:29 PM)PikaBeyblade Wrote: What if it was power’

Nope, Power’ kinda does actually suck. Hardly any use for it at all if any.
my only problem with Variable' here is that it's a bit short which could cause scraping especially when using DB disks, probably should've went with High Variable' since High Drivers don't scrape as bad on DB Disks but even then i think you would be better off using Evolution/Evolution'. Variable' is honestly just used for nostalgic purposes on Ultimate for its stock
(Dec. 13, 2021  11:28 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: my only problem with Variable' here is that it's a bit short which could cause scraping especially when using DB disks, probably should've went with High Variable' since High Drivers don't scrape as bad on DB Disks but even then i think you would be better off using Evolution/Evolution'. Variable' is honestly just used for nostalgic purposes on Ultimate for its stock
If drift doesn’t scrape on over, I don’t think variable’ will on anything. I’ve been testing ev’ extensively on karma, giga, and nexus and it doesn’t scrape. On nexus+s it does, but that’s literally nexus+s’s gimmick+; to scrape. On over it might scrape, haven’t tested that, but over is best suited for stamina combos especially in deck anyways
(Dec. 14, 2021  1:11 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Dec. 13, 2021  11:28 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: my only problem with Variable' here is that it's a bit short which could cause scraping especially when using DB disks, probably should've went with High Variable' since High Drivers don't scrape as bad on DB Disks but even then i think you would be better off using Evolution/Evolution'. Variable' is honestly just used for nostalgic purposes on Ultimate for its stock
If drift doesn’t scrape on over, I don’t think variable’ will on anything. I’ve been testing ev’ extensively on karma, giga, and nexus and it doesn’t scrape. On nexus+s it does, but that’s literally nexus+s’s gimmick+; to scrape. On over it might scrape, haven’t tested that, but over is best suited for stamina combos especially in deck anyways

Thing is, Drift and Variable are 2 entirely different drivers used for entirely different things. Drift is more suited for LAD, Stamina and Defense while Variable is more suited for attack. Comparing Evolution to Variable, Evolution is much taller than the latter so scraping is obviously not an issue for it regardless of the disk

And scraping is not the gimmick with Nexus (S). S-Gear changes modes with Nexus, the shape and width of S-Gear is what causes it to scrape.
(Dec. 14, 2021  2:50 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote:
(Dec. 14, 2021  1:11 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: If drift doesn’t scrape on over, I don’t think variable’ will on anything. I’ve been testing ev’ extensively on karma, giga, and nexus and it doesn’t scrape. On nexus+s it does, but that’s literally nexus+s’s gimmick+; to scrape. On over it might scrape, haven’t tested that, but over is best suited for stamina combos especially in deck anyways

Thing is, Drift and Variable are 2 entirely different drivers used for entirely different things. Drift is more suited for LAD, Stamina and Defense while Variable is more suited for attack. Comparing Evolution to Variable, Evolution is much taller than the latter so scraping is obviously not an issue for it regardless of the disk

And scraping is not the gimmick with Nexus (S). S-Gear changes modes with Nexus, the shape and width of S-Gear is what causes it to scrape.
Okay first off, forgive me cause I didn’t know variable was shorter than evolution

Drift is very wide and doesn’t tip over so I can see your argument there. 

I know scraping isn’t the “gimmick” of nexus+s but since it scrapes on anything except mobius and other tall and wide drivers it’s basically the gimmick
I don’t see the issue with variable’. With things like Xtend+, they’re used a s a stamina driver so stamina is a larger issue. But Variable’? It’s an attack driver, so scraping is less of an issue. If it gets good attacks in then it won’t matter if it scrapes a bit. I still have plenty of hope for Variable’ with Ultimate Valkyrie and am excited to get ahold of it.
I think Ultimate's weakness is its weight distribution, or something-its so- umm(unbalanced? Heavy?) that it needs like Bearing to stand up
I saw some people test battle against Guilty and Ultimate burst more often. Is the ultimate blade have big recoil? Cant be core and driver, because it has big teeth and dash driver.
(Dec. 17, 2021  2:05 AM)WickedHero Wrote: I saw some people test battle against Guilty and Ultimate burst more often. Is the ultimate blade have big recoil? Cant be core and driver, because it has big teeth and dash driver.

Yes, it has massive recoil.
So far, the combo that I find best for ultimate is Bl2.Ult.NX+S.Xt' - 0. Does not burst as often but really difficult to use due to scraping. Ultimate is A tier in my opinion so far but it just needs weight, balance, and more burst resistance.
I wonder how ultimate would do as a stationary attacker. It’s not the most aggressive of shapes similiar to judgment from GT but it still has massive recoil like judgement. I wonder if using a heavy stationary driver would help it possibly kill stamina of same spin stuff? Just a thought
(Dec. 17, 2021  6:39 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I wonder how ultimate would do as a stationary attacker. It’s not the most aggressive of shapes similiar to judgment from GT but it still has massive recoil like judgement. I wonder if using a heavy stationary driver would help it possibly kill stamina of same spin stuff? Just a thought

You mean something like Ultimate Perseus Over Never-0 in Low Mode?
(Dec. 17, 2021  6:55 AM)BeybladeManiac0 Wrote:
(Dec. 17, 2021  6:39 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I wonder how ultimate would do as a stationary attacker. It’s not the most aggressive of shapes similiar to judgment from GT but it still has massive recoil like judgement. I wonder if using a heavy stationary driver would help it possibly kill stamina of same spin stuff? Just a thought

You mean something like Ultimate Perseus Over Never-0 in Low Mode?
Possibly. It would require testing but I’m sure that combo could be good for stationary attack if never’s tip is still sharp
It sounds to me like Ultimate would benefit from using a slower attack driver like Ds' or Ul'. Not sure how well pure stationary would do so I won't comment on that, but I do wonder if the Belial2 core could be used to mitigate the self-burst risk and create a monster of an attacker.

A guy on YouTube by the name of Ruler520 recently uploaded a video testing stock Ultimate against some of the combinations he uses in competition, and Ultimate seemed to do well. Here's hoping we have a right spin Guilty on our hands, because if so, the meta is about to get a rude awakening.
(Dec. 17, 2021  3:52 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: It sounds to me like Ultimate would benefit from using a slower attack driver like Ds' or Ul'. Not sure how well pure stationary would do so I won't comment on that, but I do wonder if the Belial2 core could be used to mitigate the self-burst risk and create a monster of an attacker.

A guy on YouTube by the name of Ruler520 recently uploaded a video testing stock Ultimate against some of the combinations he uses in competition, and Ultimate seemed to do well. Here's hoping we have a right spin Guilty on our hands, because if so, the meta is about to get a rude awakening.
I agree. At this point we really just need a right spin guilty. And I could see why a slower driver like ds’ (ul’ is actually pretty fast just not as fast as xtreme and definitely not ev’) would help ultimate hit like a wall. But I also feel like sometimes slower drivers aren’t enough to pull of the KO, that’s just me though. I don’t know if ultimate has a self burst risk, but if it does belial2 should help. If there is no self burst risk then I wonder if perseus’s outward weight could benefit it.
(Dec. 17, 2021  3:58 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Dec. 17, 2021  3:52 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: It sounds to me like Ultimate would benefit from using a slower attack driver like Ds' or Ul'. Not sure how well pure stationary would do so I won't comment on that, but I do wonder if the Belial2 core could be used to mitigate the self-burst risk and create a monster of an attacker.

I agree. At this point we really just need a right spin guilty. And I could see why a slower driver like ds’ (ul’ is actually pretty fast just not as fast as xtreme and definitely not ev’) would help ultimate hit like a wall. But I also feel like sometimes slower drivers aren’t enough to pull of the KO, that’s just me though. I don’t know if ultimate has a self burst risk, but if it does belial2 should help. If there is no self burst risk then I wonder if perseus’s outward weight could benefit it.

Ul' definitely has some speed to it, but I was thinking of good drivers that, as you said, aren't as fast as X' and Ev'. As for Ultimate, it seems to need dash drivers to compensate for its high recoil, so if one were to use stationary setups, the Belial2 core would likely be required.
There's a certain youtuber named Beyblade Shorts(aka Ramp Hobbies) made a testing video with an Xtreme driver on Ultimate Valkyrie and it seems to have such aggresive attack power to K.O 2 competitive combos. I recommend you guys to watch it.