[Product]  B-173 Random Booster Vol. 22 Infinite Achilles Dimension’ 1B

(Sep. 25, 2020  5:03 AM)AirKingNeo Wrote: ok this is actually funny but also we run into an issue of verification.

Funny because "if we can't leak the image, we'll just make an artistic reconstruction". But then if we did that for every leak, how would we know if it was actually a real leak, or what if the artist got something wrong?

I can tell you one thing already: Dragoon V is dead wrong. We've already had straight stock Dragoon V as a random booster release before, and then again in the V series remake set. No way they're releasing an exact duplicate of that layer for a third time!

The leak is too blurry, but I suspect it might be silver based off of a Corocoro recolor of Dragoon V, and the stickers look like they have Dragoon G's red and green color scheme instead of the more classic red and blue. Either way the layer's color is bright sans stickers.
(Sep. 25, 2020  7:23 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Sep. 25, 2020  5:03 AM)AirKingNeo Wrote: ok this is actually funny but also we run into an issue of verification.

Funny because "if we can't leak the image, we'll just make an artistic reconstruction". But then if we did that for every leak, how would we know if it was actually a real leak, or what if the artist got something wrong?

I can tell you one thing already: Dragoon V is dead wrong. We've already had straight stock Dragoon V as a random booster release before, and then again in the V series remake set. No way they're releasing an exact duplicate of that layer for a third time!

The leak is too blurry, but I suspect it might be silver based off of a Corocoro recolor of Dragoon V, and the stickers look like they have Dragoon G's red and green color scheme instead of the more classic red and blue. Either way the layer's color is bright sans stickers.

And in the same color scheme! I've always had a suspicion about that bey from the leak.
I just want the two achilles beys for me.other than that i will not be buying the full set
sooooo still no parts list? where do people usually find that info anyway?
ive followed a few random booster threads in the past, and it always seems like a month+ out from its release, someone will come post the parts list, however im curious where they are finding this info before its launch?

reason im asking : i know we know the layers....but the rest of the parts are going to be my deciding factor for how much I invest into this booster.

i mean, obviously either achilles would be nice to have....
dragoon v : already have...not even a recolor?
driger v : i would take, dont have
purple ace dragon : meh, have the original dont need recolor
Super satan : again, have those parts already, dont care about recolor...
hell salamander : have it already, plus another recolor from another RB so a third in green would be a let down
dead hades : have the original, but wouldn't mind a recolor

all in all only 3 layers in this pack i'd actually like to have and dont have already, so im hoping theres some interesting parts coming with this.
new dash drivers? some interesting GT metals? a new superking single chassis? (yeah right)
id get this if they didnt put the sheild in a whole other pull
I'm still worried about this plan of lackluster boosters, you have to have both prizes to make the prize bet, two are only for collectors and 3 are layers that already were released many times and aren't even from this system, so basically each booster have almost all outclassed parts and you now can't change chips between the layers of the booster
(Sep. 28, 2020  5:37 PM)Izhkoort Wrote: I'm still worried about this plan of lackluster boosters, you have to have both prizes to make the prize bet, two are only for collectors and 3 are layers that already were released many times and aren't even from this system, so basically each booster have almost all outclassed parts and you now can't change chips between the layers of the booster

But just releasing an Achilles starter wouldn't make as much mOnEY
That’s true because sometimes you don’t get the prize bey. But then again, the random booster are usually only about $20 bucks so if u get a sparking bey like glide Hyperion, or super Satan or something than it would be worth your money.

Also, is the blurry pictures the only ones we have still? Cause I REALLY wanna know the parts or just get clearer pictures.
(Sep. 29, 2020  1:06 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: That’s true because sometimes you don’t get the prize bey. But then again, the random booster are usually only about $20 bucks so if u get a sparking bey like glide Hyperion, or super Satan or something than it would be worth your money.

Also, is the blurry pictures the only ones we have still? Cause I REALLY wanna know the parts or just get clearer pictures.

There's this thing somebody beat me to making
(Sep. 29, 2020  2:22 AM)RoscoePColeslaw Wrote:
(Sep. 29, 2020  1:06 AM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: That’s true because sometimes you don’t get the prize bey. But then again, the random booster are usually only about $20 bucks so if u get a sparking bey like glide Hyperion, or super Satan or something than it would be worth your money.

There's this thing somebody beat me to making

Thanks a lot
Argh how do you make things click to view
(Sep. 28, 2020  5:20 PM)Cat-Daddy Wrote: sooooo still no parts list? where do people usually find that info anyway?
ive followed a few random booster threads in the past, and it always seems like a month+ out from its release, someone will come post the parts list, however im curious where they are finding this info before its launch?

Usually, we get our information from CoroCoro or leaks. CoroCoro comes out on the 15th of the month in Japan most of the time, so we still have to wait half a month for the parts to be officially revealed if the Takara Tomy YouTube channel doesn't do it beforehand. As for the leaks, they usually just show the top view like in this most recent leak, but very few people know the source. Sometimes, like in Random Booster Vol. 15, the leak will be a picture of the back of the box, which shows the full combos, but I definitely wouldn't count on seeing one of those.
(Sep. 28, 2020  7:08 PM)RoscoePColeslaw Wrote:
(Sep. 28, 2020  5:37 PM)Izhkoort Wrote: I'm still worried about this plan of lackluster boosters, you have to have both prizes to make the prize bet, two are only for collectors and 3 are layers that already were released many times and aren't even from this system, so basically each booster have almost all outclassed parts and you now can't change chips between the layers of the booster

But just releasing an Achilles starter wouldn't make as much mOnEY

I absolutely hate random booster. I know this is practiced in many games especially trading cards. But the idea of having to pay for parts that you don't want, in order to get the parts that you want, it really sucks. It is an unscrupulous way of making more money by toymakers. Besides, it also teaches kids gambling at very young age.

If I am the head of any Consumer Rights Association, I will push to ban this unfair trade practice.
(Sep. 29, 2020  2:26 AM)RoscoePColeslaw Wrote: Argh how do you make things click to view

You mean a spoiler? Like this.

[spoiler ]

Text or image hereg

[/spoiler ]

But without the spaces after the spoilers.
(Aug. 08, 2020  10:37 PM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote:
(Aug. 08, 2020  9:29 PM)Tsukii Wrote: Same thing like this happened with Rage Longinus as well and it wasnt that big of a deal

Nah, Rage appeared at like the end of May and wad released end of June. This would be like the end of August to whenever in October, which makes little sense.

(Sep. 29, 2020  4:36 AM)DinoBurst Wrote:
(Sep. 28, 2020  7:08 PM)RoscoePColeslaw Wrote: But just releasing an Achilles starter wouldn't make as much mOnEY

I absolutely hate random booster. I know this is practiced in many games especially trading cards. But the idea of having to pay for parts that you don't want, in order to get the parts that you want, it really sucks. It is an unscrupulous way of making more money by toymakers. Besides, it also teaches kids gambling at very young age.

If I am the head of any Consumer Rights Association, I will push to ban this unfair trade practice.

I agree. Especially when 5 of the 8 layers are basically useless. dH, hS, ADr, and the 2 remakes can’t be used in Limited format & are outclassed in Standard. At the very least, if you are going to give us non-competitive layers, give use layers that haven’t be released multiple times already.
(Sep. 29, 2020  1:32 PM)SupaDav03 Wrote:
(Sep. 29, 2020  4:36 AM)DinoBurst Wrote: I absolutely hate random booster. I know this is practiced in many games especially trading cards. But the idea of having to pay for parts that you don't want, in order to get the parts that you want, it really sucks. It is an unscrupulous way of making more money by toymakers. Besides, it also teaches kids gambling at very young age.

I agree. Especially when 5 of the 8 layers are basically useless. dH, hS, ADr, and the 2 remakes can’t be used in Limited format & are outclassed in Standard. At the very least, if you are going to give us non-competitive layers, give use layers that haven’t be released multiple times already.

I'd probably be more annoyed if I had already gotten all the non-Achilles layers rather than just dH and ADr. I know I can't whip any of them out at a tournament and expect it to end well, but it's (typically) nice to have something that you didn't have before

Well, I do have Super, but I dig that blue
(Sep. 29, 2020  4:36 AM)DinoBurst Wrote: I absolutely hate random booster. I know this is practiced in many games especially trading cards. But the idea of having to pay for parts that you don't want, in order to get the parts that you want, it really sucks. It is an unscrupulous way of making more money by toymakers. Besides, it also teaches kids gambling at very young age.

Random Boosters are more like blind bag toys. You know you will get one of the pictured options, nothing else. Though there's one or two things they're pushing, most other options are roughly worth the same amount and guaranteed picks can be sold for more than market price for the booster. Uncertainty and variance is far lower, and usually each bey has at least one good part somewhere.

Trading card games are a different matter altogether, as the value of each pack is very highly variable especially once you include super rare cards/foils/hidden cards into the packs. The amount of variance there is absolutely insane, with the vast majority of packs worth a net loss if you resold their individual cards and a few that are worth the whole crate of card packs by themselves. This is usually not worth doing unless you really know how to flip cards well as you can wind up getting absolutely nothing of value from them, and that's also a big reason why they can be a gambler's trap.

If they made random booster beys include only the best parts, then why ever bother buying anything else? They have to include parts that people aren't so interested in or else they drain potential from other releases, or make some options far too valuable compared to others and increase variance too much. Most random booster beys are roughly equal to one another in value, so there's no real failing point where the customer loses much from their purchase for a "bad pull". If there's no true loss, then is it unfair? I'd say no, it's not. You got into that with full knowledge and a small variety, not a very limited selection from over a hundred or so options like trading cards.

If all you care about is competing just stay clear of random boosters and let everyone else enjoy the fun. It doesn't have to be meta to be fun after all, and Random Boosters are all about that. Heck, I said it with the last random booster too. Getting kinda tired of repeating that even.
(Oct. 01, 2020  4:14 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:

Random Boosters are more like blind bag toys. You know you will get one of the pictured options, nothing else. Though there's one or two things they're pushing, most other options are roughly worth the same amount and guaranteed picks can be sold for more than market price for the booster. Uncertainty and variance is far lower, and usually each bey has at least one good part somewhere.

Trading card games are a different matter altogether, as the value of each pack is very highly variable especially once you include super rare cards/foils/hidden cards into the packs. The amount of variance there is absolutely insane, with the vast majority of packs worth a net loss if you resold their individual cards and a few that are worth the whole crate of card packs by themselves. This is usually not worth doing unless you really know how to flip cards well as you can wind up getting absolutely nothing of value from them, and that's also a big reason why they can be a gambler's trap.

If they made random booster beys include only the best parts, then why ever bother buying anything else? They have to include parts that people aren't so interested in or else they drain potential from other releases, or make some options far too valuable compared to others and increase variance too much. Most random booster beys are roughly equal to one another in value, so there's no real failing point where the customer loses much from their purchase for a "bad pull". If there's no true loss, then is it unfair? I'd say no, it's not. You got into that with full knowledge and a small variety, not a very limited selection from over a hundred or so options like trading cards.

If all you care about is competing just stay clear of random boosters and let everyone else enjoy the fun. It doesn't have to be meta to be fun after all, and Random Boosters are all about that. Heck, I said it with the last random booster too. Getting kinda tired of repeating that even.

Sorry to be a bit off topic.

The fact that prized bey can be sold at much higher price (at times double the price of a normal booster) is because someone has to buy more than a few beys to get it, or alternatively buy the whole set. There is no reason why toy makers can't just sell the beys individually, except to make more money by indirectly forcing higher prize for a bey.

If you enjoy the thrill of random pull, then it is good for you, go ahead and enjoy the uncertainty of random booster.

Let's take the scenario here: 
TT release a usual random booster pack, at the typical random booster prize. 
At the same time, they also release 8 normal boosters that are from the identical set, except each sold individually at normal booster price. 
Which one will you buy? 
Will you still choose the thrill of random booster hoping to save 20%, risking disappointment?
Or will you pick the firmed booster so that you pay for what you want, at normal booster price?
(Oct. 01, 2020  5:16 PM)DinoBurst Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2020  4:14 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: [snip 1]
[snip 2]

You have to understand that companies don't always take the most comfortable approach to everything they do, and they have the right to do things that way. TT has several reasons to make some of these products into Random Boosters rather than normal Boosters. Random Boosters help TT sell more because a lot of people are looking to get the prize Bey and most likely will not get it the first time around. Also, if all 8 pulls were just sold as individual Boosters, most of the non-prize Beys would sell terribly, and the Random Booster setup allows them to sell more of the mediocre pulls than a normal Booster would. As to why they make mediocre pulls in the first place, they give customers more incentive to buy more Random Boosters until they get a prize that satisfies them, and TT most likely doesn't want to leave random molds lying around in the factory unused.
what IS it with TT and bloody HELL SALAMANDER
it keeps on getting RECOLORS
why not give other cho-z beys good recolors and maybe some other god beys but nOoOoOoOo
you get to have HELL SALAMANDER AGAIN. have FUN.
Heck i'd take beat kukulcan and like, knockout hydra (Beat in that ashura green and the gimmicks blades being like that fafnir orange, and KHy being in that black color on the death ring and the king rings blue, idk i might edit them to look like that)

hell ill make them combos

bK.10R.Rs, or Beat Kukulcan 10Reach Rise
and
KHy.Rt.Ym Sou, or Knockout Hydra Ratchet Yard Metal Sou

and as a bonus bey, maybe like a one time "secret bey" plastic style, but in this it has one part of the secret bey in each of the beys you can get and when you get all the beys the full secret bey is able to be made, kinda like how they teased gachi in the driger set
I was thinking like Death Lucifer.Pw 1A in all gold, Solomon Style
i'll probably make a render of this if someone has the parts and can send me what they look like

there
im done ranting
All of these messages are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long that I’m kinda to lazy to read them rn.
(Oct. 01, 2020  7:02 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: All of these messages are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long that I’m kinda to lazy to read them rn.

I firmly agree to this wonderful statement. We can all take this time and appreciate how short your messages are. Thank you for your contribution. Now, this random booster looks fairly good. Though we don't know all of the full combos right now in this time and place. Personally, I really, really like the green hell salamanader. Why? you ask. Take a very square look at my username. Speaking of squares, I don't like them. What if there was a triangle beyblade in this random booster? Because triangles can distribute weight very very well. I am trying to make this message so so very very short because I don't like long messages. I also, have a fear of long words, the phobia is called Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia. If you are wondering, I think this random booster is another cash grab from takara tomy. I think I like the black and yellow scheme better. It just catches my eye better than the original color. Wow, this is a really short message.
(Oct. 01, 2020  7:02 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: All of these messages are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long that I’m kinda to lazy to read them rn.

y do we need to know this?

Edit: your comment is also a bit rude to those who made the messages that are "SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long".
(Oct. 01, 2020  7:22 PM)The Blacknight Wrote:

y do we need to know this?

Edit: your comment is also a bit rude to those who made the messages that are "SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long".

it was just a joke, but its true. not to be offensive
(Oct. 01, 2020  8:09 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2020  7:22 PM)The Blacknight Wrote: y do we need to know this?

it was just a joke, but its true. not to be offensive

ok, just be a bit more considerate in the future. Smile