[Product]  B-157 Bigbang Genesis.0.Ym

So Bigbang Genesis' colour scheme has grown on me and looks much cooler in real life, compared to it's less appealing anime rendition.

And the armour for Bigbang Genesis is pretty cool and at first, I was worried this thing would just be plain unburstable as the armour locks the tabs on the Infinite Layers and it sort of is, unless you shift the armour back a bit which disables the tabs and allows you to Burst it.
(Jan. 17, 2020  8:30 AM)renidage Wrote:

At 5 minutes and 10 seconds:

Without the armor on, the layer seems to have a pretty good shape for upper attack to be honest.
I'm not sure if that would justify the burst risk of not putting on the armor though.
(Jan. 17, 2020  5:35 PM)LegendSonu Wrote: What does Ym stand for anyways?

Yard metal which is like orbit metal.
(Jan. 17, 2020  5:02 PM)eigerblade Wrote: Without the armor on, the layer seems to have a pretty good shape for upper attack to be honest.
I'm not sure if that would justify the burst risk of not putting on the armor though.

Depends on whether it has poor burst resistance like its predecessor and whether that upper attack actually works and is effective.
So does the armor come off after it unlocks to allow bursts? Since when you put it on, there are only two phases, unlocked and locked. So the unlocked phase allows it to come off?
(Jan. 20, 2020  3:40 AM)Armor Wrote: So does the armor come off after it unlocks to allow bursts? Since when you put it on, there are only two phases, unlocked and locked. So the unlocked phase allows it to come off?

No, the armor doesn't come off. It does however, make it significantly harder to push in the tabs.
Honestly seems to me like an extra burst button. You know, kick the armor out of the way, then get it lined up right hit a button and twist it like normal. Basically an extra step to the bursting process, as without hitting the armor it's probably either impossible to burst or ridiculously difficult to do.
(Jan. 20, 2020  3:40 AM)Armor Wrote: So does the armor come off after it unlocks to allow bursts? Since when you put it on, there are only two phases, unlocked and locked. So the unlocked phase allows it to come off?

It's kind of like Cho-Z awakening and infinite lock system combined. While the armor is in the starting position, it's impossible to burst. The armor can be unlocked like the Cho-Z awakening wings, which will then allow the buttons to go in. I don't think it's meant to come off, but there's definitely a chance of that happening given the nature of the mechanism
(Jan. 20, 2020  6:51 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: Honestly seems to me like an extra burst button. You know, kick the armor out of the way, then get it lined up right hit a button and twist it like normal. Basically an extra step to the bursting process, as without hitting the armor it's probably either impossible to burst or ridiculously difficult to do.

Yeah, but you're not supposed to be able to "kick the armor out of the way" if it's not supposed to really... come off. It's just supposed to make the buttons harder to push in, not impossible, just harder.

(Jan. 20, 2020  8:24 AM)OriginalDankstr Wrote:

It's kind of like Cho-Z awakening and infinite lock system combined. While the armor is in the starting position, it's impossible to burst. The armor can be unlocked like the Cho-Z awakening wings, which will then allow the buttons to go in. I don't think it's meant to come off, but there's definitely a chance of that happening given the nature of the mechanism

How do you "unlock" the armor??
(Jan. 20, 2020  5:39 PM)MagixG Wrote:
(Jan. 20, 2020  6:51 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: Honestly seems to me like an extra burst button. You know, kick the armor out of the way, then get it lined up right hit a button and twist it like normal. Basically an extra step to the bursting process, as without hitting the armor it's probably either impossible to burst or ridiculously difficult to do.

Yeah, but you're not supposed to be able to "kick the armor out of the way" if it's not supposed to really... come off. It's just supposed to make the buttons harder to push in, not impossible, just harder.

(Jan. 20, 2020  8:24 AM)OriginalDankstr Wrote: It's kind of like Cho-Z awakening and infinite lock system combined. While the armor is in the starting position, it's impossible to burst. The armor can be unlocked like the Cho-Z awakening wings, which will then allow the buttons to go in. I don't think it's meant to come off, but there's definitely a chance of that happening given the nature of the mechanism

The armor is locked in most of the pictures, but when it gets hit hard enough, it turns a little so that you can actually push the buttons in
(Jan. 20, 2020  5:39 PM)MagixG Wrote:

(Jan. 20, 2020  8:24 AM)OriginalDankstr Wrote: It's kind of like Cho-Z awakening and infinite lock system combined. While the armor is in the starting position, it's impossible to burst. The armor can be unlocked like the Cho-Z awakening wings, which will then allow the buttons to go in. I don't think it's meant to come off, but there's definitely a chance of that happening given the nature of the mechanism

On Voca this is what it says (translated)

"(B-157 attached) It can be installed on each of the above layers. It will fix the counter blade and cannot be Burst until the armor is moved. The left and right large blades can also attack."
[Image: bigbanggen.png]
So... based on that... it may have a Phoenix-esque armor gimmick... right? It says that The Bigbang armorhas to be removed in order for the bey to burst
(Jan. 20, 2020  8:46 PM)ReekoBlader Wrote: So... based on that... it may have a Phoenix-esque armor gimmick... right? It says that The Bigbang armorhas to be removed in order for the bey to burst

Not removed, but rather the armour needs to be shifted back to have a chance to burst it. At least, that's what TT's video on Bigbang Genesis shows.
So basically what you're telling me is they put an "unburstable" gimmick on top of an "unburstable" gimmick.
(Jan. 20, 2020  7:05 PM)originalzankye Wrote:
(Jan. 20, 2020  5:39 PM)MagixG Wrote: Yeah, but you're not supposed to be able to "kick the armor out of the way" if it's not supposed to really... come off. It's just supposed to make the buttons harder to push in, not impossible, just harder.

On Voca this is what it says (translated)

"(B-157 attached) It can be installed on each of the above layers. It will fix the counter blade and cannot be Burst until the armor is moved. The left and right large blades can also attack."

Ah, that makes more sense. However, from what I can see from that, even if you hit that armor enough to move it, wouldn't a hard enough attack on the armor itself undo that damage?
(Jan. 20, 2020  9:54 PM)MagixG Wrote:
(Jan. 20, 2020  7:05 PM)originalzankye Wrote: On Voca this is what it says (translated)

Ah, that makes more sense. However, from what I can see from that, even if you hit that armor enough to move it, wouldn't a hard enough attack on the armor itself undo that damage?

Yeah, but that would have to be an even harder hit than the first one that moved it and beyblades get weaker throughout a battle because they lose spin, so I don't think that'll happen too often.
(Jan. 20, 2020  10:02 PM)JoMario67 Wrote:
(Jan. 20, 2020  9:54 PM)MagixG Wrote: Ah, that makes more sense. However, from what I can see from that, even if you hit that armor enough to move it, wouldn't a hard enough attack on the armor itself undo that damage?

Yeah, but that would have to be an even harder hit than the first one that moved it and beyblades get weaker throughout a battle because they lose spin, so I don't think that'll happen too often.

Then, following that same logic, the opposing bey wouldn't have enough steam to deliver a hard enough hit to burst it, right?
(Jan. 20, 2020  10:07 PM)MagixG Wrote:
(Jan. 20, 2020  10:02 PM)JoMario67 Wrote: Yeah, but that would have to be an even harder hit than the first one that moved it and beyblades get weaker throughout a battle because they lose spin, so I don't think that'll happen too often.

Then, following that same logic, the opposing bey wouldn't have enough steam to deliver a hard enough hit to burst it, right?

It's easier to push in the tabs of any Mugen Lock bey than it is go move the armor to make it able to burst. Because of this, it could still burst, however it's very unlikely
(Jan. 20, 2020  9:54 PM)MagixG Wrote:
(Jan. 20, 2020  7:05 PM)originalzankye Wrote: On Voca this is what it says (translated)

If you're using something like Zwei or Judgement I don't think big hits are gonna be an issue, don't forget that the armour is just plastic so I doubt it would be really hard. Don't forget Regalia and Prime were hyped up to be something that can't burst and Regalia was way easier to burst than what they advertised.
(Jan. 20, 2020  10:35 PM)originalzankye Wrote:
(Jan. 20, 2020  9:54 PM)MagixG Wrote: Ah, that makes more sense. However, from what I can see from that, even if you hit that armor enough to move it, wouldn't a hard enough attack on the armor itself undo that damage?

If you're using something like Zwei or Judgement I don't think big hits are gonna be an issue, don't forget that the armour is just plastic so I doubt it would be really hard. Don't forget Regalia and Prime were hyped up to be something that can't burst and Regalia was way easier to burst than what they advertised.

But that's the thing about advertising: you want to sell your product to the audience so you want to look at as many positive aspects without really focusing on the negatives: of course they wouldn't advertise how easy Regalia is to burst. If they advertised a set with re-released parts with new beys that aren't too great in battle, they wouldn't get those sales up.
(Jan. 20, 2020  10:35 PM)originalzankye Wrote:

Why would a kids company advertise something that's easy to burst and weak. Look at it from a kids perspective, if they look in a magazine and see a new beyblade then sees that it's weak and wont be any fun, they won't buy it which means other kids will see that just like the first one which means sales will go down. Common sense