[Product]  B-146 Random Booster Vol. 16 (Flare Dragon.Ar.Pl 閃, Gaia Dragoon.Ar.Hn')

(Jul. 24, 2019  10:38 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: g2_ I think you're misinterpreting the scraping noise. The "scraping" noise is the bottom of the stationary part of Power hitting the Tornado Ridge from above, not from the side. Power would most likely cause a self-KO if you launch it hard enough and it actually were to compress the tip.
Edit: Also, Ace Dragon isn't exactly the hardest thing to Burst, especially when it goes up against another Attack Type, so come back once you defeat Perfect Phoenix 00 Cross Xtend+ and maybe we can consider SV useful in stock combo.
Hell nah, SV wrecks Perfect Phoenix by ring outs, almost constantly.
(Jul. 24, 2019  8:18 AM)g2_ Wrote:
(Jul. 24, 2019  2:08 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: Tried this. Still flies apart easily against anything even remotely close to competitive. Power's effect exists, but isn't nearly strong enough to handle the high recoil shape of Slash. We're way off topic at this point, so let's steer this horse back into the right stable, shall we?

I've heard somewhere that Flare raises the chip a little akin to Wizard and Dread. How much is it, and is Flare still decent even with that drawback?

For that matter, does Around have decent LAD? It looks like it probably does, but I'd like to confirm it.
Mine managed to burst Ace Dragon. But anyway what do you mean raises the chip?

The left-spin Wizard and Dread bases hold the chip up higher than most right spin bases do, which effectively makes their teeth shorter as a result. I've heard Flare might be doing the same thing, but don't have it yet to see.

Also please get back on topic.
I know all of the GT Layers released so far are almost Maximum Banana and Air Metal Banana sizes, so I was just thinking that the GT-exclusive Disks would reach their best potential by equipping them with Layers that would allow the said Disks to protrude and do their thing; basically, will the GT Disks see more use on the previous Layer Systems due to the size difference?

To get back on topic, if Around would have relatively the same weight as a 00/0/10+Proof/Cross/Glaive/Star combo and its size would be more or less as large as majority of the God and Chouzetsu Layers, then it may have some use for pP combos for the LAD/stability potential?

I'm just assuming with my statement above cuz I didn't pick up this set along with the RLC2 (due to budget constraints, hello upcoming baby girl) and was basing off my experiences with my dH.Hr.Ds' and czV.Bl.Ul combos that have their Disk gimmicks maximized since their contact points protrude nicely.
Is it just me, or is the yellow Revive Phoenix in this release super difficult to remove the armor on?

Like, I had to wrench the armor off to put the stickers on the core, and it took a little bit of muscle to do that when it wasn't even assembled on anything.
(Jul. 27, 2019  10:22 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: Is it just me, or is the yellow Revive Phoenix in this release super difficult to remove the armor on?

Like, I had to wrench the armor off to put the stickers on the core, and it took a little bit of muscle to do that when it wasn't even assembled on anything.

Hopefully it's just that yours is tighter than the mold was meant to be, because this could become a problem if it's consistent throughout all Phoenixes of that mold.
(Jul. 27, 2019  10:28 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Jul. 27, 2019  10:22 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: Is it just me, or is the yellow Revive Phoenix in this release super difficult to remove the armor on?

Hopefully it's just that yours is tighter than the mold was meant to be, because this could become a problem if it's consistent throughout all Phoenixes of that mold.

That is quite sad if it was a consistent case, cuz I think pP is at its best when it discards its armor almost after landing on the stadium from launch. It will really be a problem I guess, since it would be easier to Burst in that case?
(Jul. 27, 2019  11:14 PM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jul. 27, 2019  10:28 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Hopefully it's just that yours is tighter than the mold was meant to be, because this could become a problem if it's consistent throughout all Phoenixes of that mold.

That is quite sad if it was a consistent case, cuz I think pP is at its best when it discards its armor almost after landing on the stadium from launch. It will really be a problem I guess, since it would be easier to Burst in that case?

The default colored Revive Phoenix's main body is notorious for letting the armor come off from the get-go.  I don't know if later designs tried to emulate Dead Phoenix's locking mechanism which is harder to unlock but sounds bad since pP performs much better when the Dead Armor comes off; better balance and better LAD.  Feels bad man.
(Jul. 27, 2019  11:53 PM)BreakerDS Wrote:
(Jul. 27, 2019  11:14 PM)Rouzuke Wrote: That is quite sad if it was a consistent case, cuz I think pP is at its best when it discards its armor almost after landing on the stadium from launch. It will really be a problem I guess, since it would be easier to Burst in that case?

The default colored Revive Phoenix's main body is notorious for letting the armor come off from the get-go.  I don't know if later designs tried to emulate Dead Phoenix's locking mechanism which is harder to unlock but sounds bad since pP performs much better when the Dead Armor comes off; better balance and better LAD.  Feels bad man.

I think the reason Dead Phoenix is harder to unlock is primarily because it has no metal on it unlike Revive, which makes it harder for the armor to come of due to little weight resistance? In that case, it is indeed easier to Burst than rP. I never tried to use Dead Phoenix on its own since I quickly got rid of the Dead Core in the trash (nah, jk I put it in the useless Beyparts box) and just got the rest of the parts for other combos.

I'm not sure I understood the statement enough regarding the tightness of the RBV version: are the parts tight even when using the RBV Revive Core with Dead Armor or the RBV Revive Core with the original Revive Armor? Because unless both are really tight, that might say something about the overall mold. Of course it would help if others who have purchased this can testify to the tightness as well.
(Jul. 28, 2019  12:01 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jul. 27, 2019  11:53 PM)BreakerDS Wrote: The default colored Revive Phoenix's main body is notorious for letting the armor come off from the get-go.  I don't know if later designs tried to emulate Dead Phoenix's locking mechanism which is harder to unlock but sounds bad since pP performs much better when the Dead Armor comes off; better balance and better LAD.  Feels bad man.

I think the reason Dead Phoenix is harder to unlock is primarily because it has no metal on it unlike Revive, which makes it harder for the armor to come of due to little weight resistance? In that case, it is indeed easier to Burst than rP. I never tried to use Dead Phoenix on its own since I quickly got rid of the Dead Core in the trash (nah, jk I put it in the useless Beyparts box) and just got the rest of the parts for other combos.

I'm not sure I understood the statement enough regarding the tightness of the RBV version: are the parts tight even when using the RBV Revive Core with Dead Armor or the RBV Revive Core with the original Revive Armor? Because unless both are really tight, that might say something about the overall mold. Of course it would help if others who have purchased this can testify to the tightness as well.

The locking mechanism when locking the armor in feels different for the dP main body, it manages to hold on to the armor well even if there isn't a driver to keep it in; I have one version of rP and two versions of dP, both the normal dP and green dP seem too hold their armors in better than the rP.  It matches too for in-battle performance, the rP's armor comes of a lot easier and the mini click that has to be done to lock it in is easily undone, both dP's feel like a fairly significant bump is needed to dislodge the armor.  I'm going to have to buy a more recent rP release/mold in order to check the differences is their locking mechanisms.
Dead core and Revive core have the armor lock mechanisms on opposite sides, I think.
(Jul. 28, 2019  12:15 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Dead core and Revive core have the armor lock mechanisms on opposite sides, I think.

I guess that may contribute to the varying tightness as well
Is around any good? Or should I wait for future releases? Because flare Dragon is quite expensive if you buy it alone and the parts of the whole booster set are not really appeal to me besides Gaia Dragon
(Jul. 28, 2019  12:31 AM)Izhkoort Wrote: Is around any good? Or should I wait for future releases? Because flare Dragon is quite expensive if you buy it alone and the parts of the whole booster set are not really appeal to me besides Gaia Dragon

Same sentiments. I did place an order for Gaia Dragoon just to get the best of all parts that I don't have (budget constraints) which are the Gaia Dragoon Layer, Around Disk (which presumably might be a combination of Cross and Proof LAD based on shape), and Hunter'

My seller did say Flare Base was heavy, but has yet to figure out a good combo to play it with. Best use so far of the combo is as an expensive maracas/egg shaker, from what I can see.
(Jul. 28, 2019  12:18 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jul. 28, 2019  12:15 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Dead core and Revive core have the armor lock mechanisms on opposite sides, I think.

I guess that may contribute to the varying tightness as well

Don't see how. It's the same mechanism with no differences between them, just Revive's lock is on the top left side and Dead's is on the bottom right. The only difference is that Revive's armor lock is covered with metal, which shouldn't make any difference in tightness whatsoever and doesn't with my other molds of rP and dP.

Really though, I think what's making it so difficult to remove on this particular mold of mine is that my mechanism is sticking internally somewhere. Makes me think this is a fluke, and also makes me wonder whether it'll stop sticking after a little wear.
(Jul. 28, 2019  5:23 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Jul. 28, 2019  12:18 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: I guess that may contribute to the varying tightness as well

Don't see how. It's the same mechanism with no differences between them, just Revive's lock is on the top left side and Dead's is on the bottom right. The only difference is that Revive's armor lock is covered with metal, which shouldn't make any difference in tightness whatsoever and doesn't with my other molds of rP and dP.

Really though, I think what's making it so difficult to remove on this particular mold of mine is that my mechanism is sticking internally somewhere. Makes me think this is a fluke, and also makes me wonder whether it'll stop sticking after a little wear.

Just pray the metal or plastic of the Armor doesn't give in to breakage before it actually stops sticking to the Core then
All this talk about Phoenix has gotten me confused. Is the Phoenix layer really better off as only the core? Why does everyone use Perfect Phoenix then? Why not just use Revive, and pray the armor gets knocked off early?(especially considering the lock is weaker...?)
(Aug. 04, 2019  4:58 PM)Armor Wrote: All this talk about Phoenix has gotten me confused. Is the Phoenix layer really better off as only the core? Why does everyone use Perfect Phoenix then? Why not just use Revive, and pray the armor gets knocked off early?(especially considering the lock is weaker...?)
pP is a destabilizer. Without the armor, it can’t do it’s job too well.
(Aug. 04, 2019  5:16 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Aug. 04, 2019  4:58 PM)Armor Wrote: All this talk about Phoenix has gotten me confused. Is the Phoenix layer really better off as only the core? Why does everyone use Perfect Phoenix then? Why not just use Revive, and pray the armor gets knocked off early?(especially considering the lock is weaker...?)
pP is a destabilizer. Without the armor, it can’t do it’s job too well.

It actually depends on the combo, but yes, in general the Dead Armor is a huge need for Revive Core to maximize stamina and destabilize opponents for either a Burst or Spin Finish.
In that case, a 'sticky' core would be a benefit, no? I usually prefer to have my armor stay on too.

I need to check with my friends if their yellow cores from the boosters are as sticky then.
(Aug. 05, 2019  2:38 AM)eigerblade Wrote: In that case, a 'sticky' core would be a benefit, no? I usually prefer to have my armor stay on too.

I need to check with my friends if their yellow cores from the boosters are as sticky then.

Not really "sticky", since having the Armor on for the whole duration of the battle will increase chances of self-Bursting (since the main use of the Armor aside from destabilization and stamina maximization is to absorb majority of a hard hit instead of the Core clicking more than a tooth while the attacker gains the possible number of clicks as well). 

The disadvantage of a loose Armor mold is that it will also lose stamina quicker due to sudden weight change and the Core will be the one absorbing damage instead during early-game hits from attackers. 

TL;DR, there should be a certain medium between being "sticky" and being loose; sticky enough to hold its ground for stability and destabilization, but loose enough to deflect majority of damage from early-game hard hits (and still mostly win by Spin Finish due to Core's almost perfectly circular shape)
Based off the new responses, it seems it's better to keep the armor on. However, previous responses in this thread indicate a preference of no armor at all. Personally, I would like to armor to stay on at all times, considering it's quite hard to knock off the armor because of it's elevated position.

Alright everyone, I just bought a random booster and was lucky enough to get the Gaia Dragoon(although I would rather have the Flare Dragon, for competitive reasons). The Around disk doesn't seem to have good LAD whatsoever, despite the gimmick. Kinda disappointing, but I think it's alright for attack combos?
(Aug. 05, 2019  6:44 AM)Armor Wrote: Based off the new responses, it seems it's better to keep the armor on. However, previous responses in this thread indicate a preference of no armor at all. Personally, I would like to armor to stay on at all times, considering it's quite hard to knock off the armor because of it's elevated position.

Alright everyone, I just bought a random booster and was lucky enough to get the Gaia Dragoon(although I would rather have the Flare Dragon, for competitive reasons). The Around disk doesn't seem to have good LAD whatsoever, despite the gimmick. Kinda disappointing, but I think it's alright for attack combos?

Not sounding like a prick, but the consensus to the discussion on the Armor is still dependent on the combos it will be on as well as the opponents it is pitted with. Basically you'd want the Armor on during the times your opponent's spinning power is at maximum, and Armor off when the opposing Bey's stamina has already dropped (bonus effect of discarded Armor is that it works as an obstacle to further slow the opponent but also yourself)

As for the Around Disk, sad to hear that it seems to have less than decent LAD compared to the marketed gimmick. The heaviness could be good for attack maybe on a Dash Driver, but I feel this Disk would benefit mostly on stamina/defense hybrids. I'm still bound to get mine along with Pegasus and Spriggan, so I can't really tell yet. Maybe the absence of good LAD is due to the stock combo of Gaia Dragoon not being suitable for it?
(Aug. 06, 2019  12:10 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: As for the Around Disk, sad to hear that it seems to have less than decent LAD compared to the marketed gimmick. The heaviness could be good for attack maybe on a Dash Driver, but I feel this Disk would benefit mostly on stamina/defense hybrids. I'm still bound to get mine along with Pegasus and Spriggan, so I can't really tell yet. Maybe the absence of good LAD is due to the stock combo of Gaia Dragoon not being suitable for it?

The LAD of around suffers because the "housing" of the 4 balls are too protruding (think Proof, but with way worse nubs on 4 sides).

It might still work with a taller driver I guess? I haven't received mine so I am unable to do any testing yet.