[Product]  B-143 Random Layer Vol. 1 (Dread Bahamut 天)

(May. 17, 2019  8:15 PM)Jinbee Wrote: I'm wondering what Bahamut's teeth will look like. If it's shallow teeth again it would make the Bahamut chip pretty much entirely useless for customisation haha.

If that's the case, let's hope Dread is good.
According to Takara Tomy's description, it's got the same style of locks that Ashura has (7 small teeth). Ashura is pretty tight on an Attack-type Base with a Dash Driver, so I'm hoping that Zwei Bahamut on Quick' is gonna be good, haha.
(May. 17, 2019  8:25 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote: According to Takara Tomy's description, it's got the same style of locks that Ashura has (7 small teeth). Ashura is pretty tight on an Attack-type Base with a Dash Driver, so I'm hoping that Zwei Bahamut on Quick' is gonna be good, haha.

Wow... my thoughts on how Bahamut would work were accurate.
(May. 17, 2019  8:15 PM)Jinbee Wrote: I'm wondering what Bahamut's teeth will look like. If it's shallow teeth again it would make the Bahamut chip pretty much entirely useless for customisation haha.

(looks like somebody forgot about the Bahamut Bearing trick)
(May. 17, 2019  9:00 PM)MagixG Wrote:

(looks like somebody forgot about the Bahamut Bearing trick)

And it looks like somebody forgot the point of Gachi layers.

It's like, why use looser teeth when you could just use tighter ones? Unlike aB or dF or anything like that, you can put sharp teeth on any layers now, Hasbro aB is so strong because it's tight, even on Bearing. We also have Xt+ so...
(May. 17, 2019  9:00 PM)MagixG Wrote: (looks like somebody forgot about the Bahamut Bearing trick)

I remember that so much. Arc Bahamut was quite the sleeper hit because of that little trick. Sadly, as Jinbee's pointed out, not quite so relevant here.
(May. 17, 2019  9:07 PM)Jinbee Wrote:
(May. 17, 2019  9:00 PM)MagixG Wrote: (looks like somebody forgot about the Bahamut Bearing trick)

And it looks like somebody forgot the point of Gachi layers.

It's like, why use looser teeth when you could just use tighter ones? Unlike aB or dF or anything like that, you can put sharp teeth on any layers now, Hasbro aB is so strong because it's tight, even on Bearing. We also have Xt+ so...

I was using that as an example that not all the Gachi chips (even with bad teeth) are useless as stunts like the aB Br trick was decently useful despite bad teeth
(May. 17, 2019  9:22 PM)MagixG Wrote:
(May. 17, 2019  9:07 PM)Jinbee Wrote: And it looks like somebody forgot the point of Gachi layers.

I was using that as an example that not all the Gachi chips (even with bad teeth) are useless as stunts like the aB Br trick was decently useful despite bad teeth

And I'll give you that. I probably should've worded it better, I meant that the Bahamut chip, if it were to have short teeth, it would be overshadowed by other left chips with better teeth and I don't feel like there's any reason to use it now with the layer customisation options.

But according to TrainiacJ, these might have similar teeth to Ashura so we'll see how it works out.
(May. 17, 2019  9:26 PM)Jinbee Wrote:
(May. 17, 2019  9:22 PM)MagixG Wrote: I was using that as an example that not all the Gachi chips (even with bad teeth) are useless as stunts like the aB Br trick was decently useful despite bad teeth

And I'll give you that. I probably should've worded it better, I meant that the Bahamut chip, if it were to have short teeth, it would be overshadowed by other left chips with better teeth and I don't feel like there's any reason to use it now with the layer customisation options.

But according to TrainiacJ, these might have similar teeth to Ashura so we'll see how it works out.

That we will see. But on the off chance that it does have Arc teeth, I wanna see Wizard Bahamut on Bearing and see the regain click, spin equalize MONSTER

I absolutely LOVE the way the gimmick works, it's so cool!
Oh my god i LOVE THE GIMMICK WHAT THE FRICK. I can't wait to get this I'm so hyped
Now that's an upgrade gimmick way better than the god one .
Does the gimmick really do anything I dont think it worked for ab

P.s. I don't hate the layer i am just curious.
(May. 18, 2019  12:44 AM)abidjkhan7 Wrote: Does the gimmick really do anything i dont think it worked for ab

It did nothing for Arc because the green tabs don't reach far enough to do anything.
does Boa own this new one or someone else????? if we don't have more recurring characters this will be as bad as zero-g
(May. 18, 2019  1:57 AM)TheBladingCow Wrote: does Boa own this new one or someone else????? if we don't have more recurring characters this will be as bad as zero-g

Can you guys come up with something else??.. The series has been good so far and it's been really fun seeing NEW characters. It's getting annoying with people CONSTANTLY comparing it to Zero G and calling it bad just because Shu or Lui or Boa doesn't come back. Please come up with a new statement it's irritating at this point
I don't understand why everyone is saying they are ditching burst with this new random layer series. If it is about the green things on bahamut's layer, those are just the prongs of the sublayer to make bahamut's shields move.

It is still compatible with burst parts.
What parts were used for that test battle? Hurricane and keep? Also, the gimmick looks smooooooth!
(May. 18, 2019  8:07 AM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: What parts were used for that test battle? Hurricane and keep? Also, the gimmick looks smooooooth!

Looks like Hurricane and Keep from the side view camera, so I think you're right.

Gotta admit though, I didn't expect the gimmick to both extend and retract pieces at the same time.
What I've always loved about the Burst toyline is that they were always full of surprises, even when the gimmick is familiar, at first I think, "Oh okay cool they kept it's shield ability", then when they reveal how it actually works, it completely throws me off and I'm amazed.

Like, for example, when we saw Geist Fafnir, I thought it would just be a Fafnir with metal, but they went the extra mile to give it the ability to retract the rubber so it can fight other left spin layers in theory since it reduces the layers friction. Or Hazard Kerbeus, when the ability was announced I thought it would be flexible plastic again but they used springs for it's cushioning ability which was much better. For Buster Xcalibur, a lot of us thought it would be a heavier Sieg Xcalibur but they actually made the extending sword gimmick, which was great!

I think Dread Bahamut falls into this category, while the gimmick is the same, the way it activates is different, and they actually retract the sharper green contact points. Whether Dread turns out to be good or not, I'd love it for my collection. I'd definitely love to see more older gimmick redone and refined, like the Cyclone Wall from Jinnius for example.
[Image: bahamut.png]

In case some of you were wondering (I was), this is how Bahamut's teeth looks like. From what I can tell, it seems to be three medium teeth, similar to Fafnir's.
(May. 19, 2019  2:11 PM)KingSpin Wrote: [Image: bahamut.png]

In case some of you were wondering (I was), this is how Bahamut's teeth looks like. From what I can tell, it seems to be three medium teeth, similar to Fafnir's.

In the video, I heard one of them say Ashura when talking about the Chip. I think that even CoroCoro had the number 7 to show that the teeth are the same as Ashura’s.
(May. 19, 2019  2:13 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(May. 19, 2019  2:11 PM)KingSpin Wrote: [Image: bahamut.png]

In the video, I heard one of them say Ashura when talking about the Chip. I think that even CoroCoro had the number 7 to show that the teeth are the same as Ashura’s.

Ah then you're probably right. I didn't pay much attention to what they were saying, and was only judging based on what I saw.
Ok, so, let me be another to say I LOVE Dread's new gimmick, but I have a slight concern or two. As little as Arc's gimmick did, it seemed a lot rounder while Dread seems a bit more jagged, even the shields seem a bit jagged. Now still, I love the gimmick but I was just thinking as to why it might be a tad more jagged than round like the original Arc.