[Product]  B-140 Random Booster Vol. 15 (Cosmo Valkyrie.11.Et 天, Storm Pegasis.10G.Qc′)

(May. 08, 2019  7:59 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(May. 08, 2019  4:54 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: Has anyone else had a Friction that was loose on the bottom? I can rotate the POM/rubber piece a little bit in its housing, and I'm wondering if I just got unlucky or if it's a thing with all of them.

I also noticed that my purple Asura is a lot stronger than the original green one and want to know if it seems that way to anyone else too.

I'm also gonna say that the little plastic piece they used with Quest gives me hope that they might just be able to include Bearing in a random booster, as long as they do the same thing.
For you first question, yes friction is supposed to rotate slightly mine does as well.

Actually, no. The rubber portion on Fr should not be loose, nor should the POM tip, as I've seen in many copies of Fr from rP and previous RBV.

Quest does have a bit mote durability design-wise, which would probably be the reason they can include it. If they did make a re-release of Bearing, it may have lesser spin time like the gray one from Wolborg in the 3-on-3 set, and albeit weaker spring than the original from dC. I'm hoping for a recolor of Br too, but just primarily for aesthetics.
(May. 09, 2019  2:00 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Actually, no. The rubber portion on Fr should not be loose, nor should the POM tip, as I've seen in many copies of Fr from rP and previous RBV.

Quest does have a bit mote durability design-wise, which would probably be the reason they can include it. If they did make a re-release of Bearing, it may have lesser spin time like the gray one from Wolborg in the 3-on-3 set, and albeit weaker spring than the original from dC. I'm hoping for a recolor of Br too, but just primarily for aesthetics.

I know it's not supposed to move like that, as I have every other major release of Friction. I was just wondering if it was a defect in this particular release or a one-off fluke. Looks like it might be a legitimate issue with this particular release of it if Zeutron's had the same issue.

I'm also not all that sure Quest is much more durable. The only real difference is some extra plastic around Quest's shaft, but even then it seems to be able to wobble around more than Bearing can. Although reinforced slightly, I'm not sure that's exactly why it could make it into this booster over Bearing.
(May. 09, 2019  2:00 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(May. 08, 2019  7:59 AM)Zeutron Wrote: For you first question, yes friction is supposed to rotate slightly mine does as well.

Actually, no. The rubber portion on Fr should not be loose, nor should the POM tip, as I've seen in many copies of Fr from rP and previous RBV.

Oh my bad.
(May. 09, 2019  3:39 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(May. 09, 2019  2:00 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Actually, no. The rubber portion on Fr should not be loose, nor should the POM tip, as I've seen in many copies of Fr from rP and previous RBV.

I know it's not supposed to move like that, as I have every other major release of Friction. I was just wondering if it was a defect in this particular release or a one-off fluke. Looks like it might be a legitimate issue with this particular release of it if Zeutron's had the same issue.

I'm also not all that sure Quest is much more durable. The only real difference is some extra plastic around Quest's shaft, but even then it seems to be able to wobble around more than Bearing can. Although reinforced slightly, I'm not sure that's exactly why it could make it into this booster over Bearing.

Must be because TT also noted that people would be spamming Bearing on Spriggan and left spins mostly in tournaments if they did so. Heck they didn't even dare to release the Xtend Chip in other sets aside from the one with the grip because they know how good it is for the competitive scene. They're probably just prioritizing getting revenue instead of actually checking quality in their releases since Burst came out.
(May. 09, 2019  4:35 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Must be because TT also noted that people would be spamming Bearing on Spriggan and left spins mostly in tournaments if they did so. Heck they didn't even dare to release the Xtend Chip in other sets aside from the one with the grip because they know how good it is for the competitive scene. They're probably just prioritizing getting revenue instead of actually checking quality in their releases since Burst came out.

If their goal is revenue, then why not release Bearing? It'd be a great way to draw attention towards it and sell more boosters.They can't both be focused on competitive play and be focused purely on revenue at the same time. The two reasons contradict each other.
(May. 09, 2019  12:35 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(May. 09, 2019  4:35 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Must be because TT also noted that people would be spamming Bearing on Spriggan and left spins mostly in tournaments if they did so. Heck they didn't even dare to release the Xtend Chip in other sets aside from the one with the grip because they know how good it is for the competitive scene. They're probably just prioritizing getting revenue instead of actually checking quality in their releases since Burst came out.

If their goal is revenue, then why not release Bearing? It'd be a great way to draw attention towards it and sell more boosters.They can't both be focused on competitive play and be focused purely on revenue at the same time. The two reasons contradict each other.

Using that logic though, why then would they even mass-produce carp parts in RBVs (most notably the releases for Shelter Regulus and Driver F) combined with a few competitive parts, which means they are trying to still curb if not balance the meta by making a dry supply of competitive parts so they can sell more useless parts as filler instead. To TT, it seems that those two focuses (profit and competitive play) are not contradictory at all, since they can spam CZS as a Booster/Starter (for example) yet chose to put it in a set that also has scarce parts like Outer. If they "just cared" about profit alone, they can spam all the popular/competitive parts for more buys and more money flowing in; but no, they chose to forgo that thought and slap carp parts in almost every release, and they probably still get a heck of a profit considering they have the means to produce exclusives as well.

To answer your question, they don't want to release Bearing as something so common precisely because they know it's the go-to part of almost any stamina/defense spin equalizing combo, with Atomic and probably Eternal right behind it. In short, they know its value hence they are making it scarce like Outer, Octa, and all those Rare-Bey Get parts that are possibly competitive too if it was commercially available. Another probable reason is that Bearing actually has a bearing part which is possibly costly and harder to keep quality of. 

If I'd ask you, would you rather get carp recolored versions of the original gold Bearing (like the blue and gray ones with lesser spring tightness too) over trying to buy out existing copies of the said gold Bearing (through auctions or massive buying of GCS)?
(May. 11, 2019  4:29 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: *snip*

So because they release a few bad parts they're focusing on both money and a balanced meta at once? Excuse me, but how does putting bad parts in come off as a balance thing? It's only a balance thing if they're making you use those parts, but they can't really do that can they? It's new parts and hard to get parts that truly serve the goal of money, and the randomness of random boosters gives it an extra edge the same way opening a loot crate in a video game does, and we all know how addictive those can be. Random boosters love to push those new parts, and this last one was full to the brim with rubber ' drivers that push hard for those seeking powerful parts, with enough variety to be enticing.

On top of that, a lot of those "bad parts" are also new designs or ideas they're adding to the game, and by golly I admire them for trying to create new parts instead of just giving people only the strong stuff. Giving people only strong parts hurts profits, as it becomes so much less necessary to get anything new when everything they sell is good. They'd flood their own market with quality and decrease their own demand in the process, which is one reason why bad or unusual parts must exist for them to work.

If they're afraid of a good competitive part being released too much, then why do they keep releasing Atomic and Eternal all the time anyways? It doesn't make sense to me why they would keep rereleasing those two but not Bearing if they were really afraid of giving out too many good parts, so that argument leads nowhere. It's not the cost of the bearing itself keeping it out either since Quest has a bearing in it too, and yet it was released here no problem so that's also out, and they've clearly found a way to solve the fragility problem with their protective plastic piece.

Honestly, yes, I would love to see Bearing released more, just like Atomic and Eternal do. If it's a good part, I don't see why they should make people jump through absurd hoops to get it, which is a potential reason why Outer got a rerelease (and no, this doesn't apply to Octa. Octa was never and likely will never be good, and I think people just tried to make it work because "OMG just make the heaviest bey possible! EZ wins!"). It's one reason why I'm glad it wasn't just released in some limited edition thing like Xtreme' originally was. Even if it's less perfect than the original gold Bearing is Bearing, and I would like to see its accessibility rise over exclusively being in multi-bey sets or a single exclusive recolor.
(May. 12, 2019  9:27 AM)GodGaia Wrote: Is Cosmo competitive?

Not that much, from what I've tested. No matter what Chip I put on it, the Cosmo combo is too easy to Burst. Atomic and Eternal would be the best Driver choices, but they don't help with Burst Resistance that much. The only use I can find for it is an anti-left spin option when it's on Bearing and doesn't have a frame. Even then, it's only usable in a Deck Format.
(May. 19, 2019  12:08 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(May. 12, 2019  9:27 AM)GodGaia Wrote: Is Cosmo competitive?

Not that much, from what I've tested. No matter what Chip I put on it, the Cosmo combo is too easy to Burst. Atomic and Eternal would be the best Driver choices, but they don't help with Burst Resistance that much. The only use I can find for it is an anti-left spin option when it's on Bearing and doesn't have a frame. Even then, it's only usable in a Deck Format.
Yeah no. CA.0E.Ds' Ten, an absolute unit. AV.0S.Qc' Zan couldn't put a dent in it
(May. 19, 2019  1:29 AM)K1D Wrote:
(May. 19, 2019  12:08 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Not that much, from what I've tested. No matter what Chip I put on it, the Cosmo combo is too easy to Burst. Atomic and Eternal would be the best Driver choices, but they don't help with Burst Resistance that much. The only use I can find for it is an anti-left spin option when it's on Bearing and doesn't have a frame. Even then, it's only usable in a Deck Format.
Yeah no. CA.0E.Ds' Ten, an absolute unit. AV.0S.Qc' Zan couldn't put a dent in it

Yeah, that probably loses horribly to heavy Left-Spin combos, such as hS.00P.Br/At/Ds'. czA.00B.Ds'/Qc' could also knock that thing out easily. Don't say that a Bey is good just because an Attack Type that is as inefective as AV can't put a dent in it.
(May. 19, 2019  3:20 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(May. 19, 2019  1:29 AM)K1D Wrote: Yeah no. CA.0E.Ds' Ten, an absolute unit. AV.0S.Qc' Zan couldn't put a dent in it

Yeah, that probably loses horribly to heavy Left-Spin combos, such as hS.00P.Br/At/Ds'. czA.00B.Ds'/Qc' could also knock that thing out easily. Don't say that a Bey is good just because an Attack Type that is as inefective as AV can't put a dent in it.

how's hS.0G.Ds? It got close, but never OS'ed Ashura
(May. 19, 2019  3:58 AM)K1D Wrote:
(May. 19, 2019  3:20 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Yeah, that probably loses horribly to heavy Left-Spin combos, such as hS.00P.Br/At/Ds'. czA.00B.Ds'/Qc' could also knock that thing out easily. Don't say that a Bey is good just because an Attack Type that is as inefective as AV can't put a dent in it.

how's hS.0G.Ds? It got close, but never OS'ed Ashura

It's not so much about outspinning it as it is KOing it when I said Ds' for hS. Sure, that's not the intention of a Mobile Defense Type, but it can technically still work as an anti-Attack combo if launched the right way. The thing is, GT combos are hard to use in today's meta. They were made in a way that makes them outclassed by the Cho-Z Beys. In my opinion, there hasn't been an outstanding GT Bey that can stand up to the likes of the best Cho-Z combos yet, which is why they're better of in Deck Format battles, alongside Xtreme' and Quick' combos.
(May. 19, 2019  4:20 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: It's not so much about outspinning it as it is KOing it when I said Ds' for hS. Sure, that's not the intention of a Mobile Defense Type, but it can technically still work as an anti-Attack combo if launched the right way. The thing is, GT combos are hard to use in today's meta. They were made in a way that makes them outclassed by the Cho-Z Beys. In my opinion, there hasn't been an outstanding GT Bey that can stand up to the likes of the best Cho-Z combos yet, which is why they're better of in Deck Format battles, alongside Xtreme' and Quick' combos.
Is hell salamander the best left spin attack layer against right right spin? Doesn't cosmo have a smooth perimeter which provides KO resistance? I don't think a left spin anti-attack (just saying that it isn't a dedicated attack combo) combo can KO right spin smooth-perimetered layer (I don't know how to word it, but you get the point).
Can you explain "They were made in a way that makes them outclassed by the Cho-Z Beys"? Maybe I'm not understanding it right, but it seems wrong to me. Wizard can beat hell salamander if it has atomic. Slash is a 'very high risk- high reward against many beys' layer. Not many attack layers can win vs a wide range of combos. It is too early to say that GT layers are fundamentally less powered than cho z layers when you have 27 choz layers and only 5 GT bases (it may sound like a lot considering the fact that we have 4 chips and also 4 weights, but it isn't because: i)1 chip and base are left based. ii) this system is focused on more customization compared to cho z).
(May. 19, 2019  2:33 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote:
(May. 19, 2019  4:20 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: It's not so much about outspinning it as it is KOing it when I said Ds' for hS. Sure, that's not the intention of a Mobile Defense Type, but it can technically still work as an anti-Attack combo if launched the right way. The thing is, GT combos are hard to use in today's meta. They were made in a way that makes them outclassed by the Cho-Z Beys. In my opinion, there hasn't been an outstanding GT Bey that can stand up to the likes of the best Cho-Z combos yet, which is why they're better of in Deck Format battles, alongside Xtreme' and Quick' combos.
Is hell salamander the best left spin attack layer against right right spin? Doesn't cosmo have a smooth perimeter which provides KO resistance? I don't think a left spin anti-attack (just saying that it isn't a dedicated attack combo) combo can KO right spin smooth-perimetered layer (I don't know how to word it, but you get the point).
Can you explain "They were made in a way that makes them outclassed by the Cho-Z Beys"? Maybe I'm not understanding it right, but it seems wrong to me.  Wizard can beat hell salamander  if it has atomic. Slash is a 'very high risk- high reward against many beys' layer. Not many attack layers can win vs a wide range of combos. It is too early to say that GT layers are fundamentally less powered than cho z layers when you have 27 choz layers and only 5 GT bases (it may sound like a lot considering the fact that we have 4 chips and also 4 weights, but it isn't because: i)1 chip and base are left based. ii) this system is focused on more customization compared to cho z).

For the hS vs CA thing, I haven’t actually tried it out, but the Cosmo base isn’t as smooth as you may think. It’s able to take off pP’s armor pretty easily because of the parts on top. hS is also heavier than it, which allows it to KO a Cosmo combo. As for the other thing that I said, Cho-Z is evidently stronger than GT as of right now, which couldn’t be said about the other seasons. The first few Dual Layers already had overall more weight and tooth durability than Single Layers. The first few God Layers were more complex and overall heavier than the Dual Layers. The first few Cho-Z Layers were heavier than the God Layers, with wV quickly outclassing sX for Attack mainly Durban to it’s weight. GT Beys are not stronger than Cho-Z Beys, but they certainly are much more diverse.

Sorry for the double post, but my phone was slowing down a lot from typing all of that. To get my point across, all of the other generations of Burst have exceeded the power level of the previous season, aside from GT. In all the other seasons, every release would be spammed in tournaments, to the point of winning a lot. GT isn’t the same because of the way it tries to prioritize Attack Types, which aren’t that viable in tournaments due to their high risk.
(May. 19, 2019  2:48 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: For the hS vs CA thing, I haven’t actually tried it out, but the Cosmo base isn’t as smooth as you may think. It’s able to take off pP’s armor pretty easily because of the parts on top. hS is also heavier than it, which allows it to KO a Cosmo combo. As for the other thing that I said, Cho-Z is evidently stronger than GT as of right now, which couldn’t be said about the other seasons. The first few Dual Layers already had overall more weight and tooth durability than Single Layers. The first few God Layers were more complex and overall heavier than the Dual Layers. The first few Cho-Z Layers were heavier than the God Layers, with wV quickly outclassing sX for Attack mainly Durban to it’s weight. GT Beys are not stronger than Cho-Z Beys, but they certainly are much more diverse.

Sorry for the double post, but my phone was slowing down a lot from typing all of that. To get my point across, all of the other generations of Burst have exceeded the power level of the previous season, aside from GT. In all the other seasons, every release would be spammed in tournaments, to the point of winning a lot. GT isn’t the same because of the way it tries to prioritize Attack Types, which aren’t that viable in tournaments due to their high risk.

Dead armor is a bit raised from the core, right?
in early dual layer era, neptune, odin, wyern, kerbeus, unicrest, deathscyther were still being used.
in early god era, all the previous layers plus d2 (not hasbro),k2, g2, a2, l2 were being used.
This changed only when legend spriggan was released. Why did it not change before? Because, the early god layers were worse than the later ones. God was supposed to be the 'big' turning point. But, it did not happen right away. Why did cho z immediately influence meta? Because it every cho z layer had metal which almost guarantees it being used.
It had like a 6 gram weight difference which is humongous. GT doesn't have that big of a weight adavantage, so, it depends on solely the designs and the aspect of amazing customization. In my opinion, GT as a system is not outclassed by cho z. Think about it. You can't have aH's weight distribution on aK. If,they were GT, this would have been possible. GT will (in near future) allow people to make their dream layer. Also, I don't think it prioritizes attack. It may seem so, so far. But, I don't think that will be the case in future.
Idk if anyone already posted this, but: https://imgur.com/a/dUo0qlB
[Image: dUo0qlB]

Edit: Link just in case picture doesn't work.
(Jun. 22, 2019  5:53 AM)BlackMirror Wrote: Idk if anyone already posted this, but: https://imgur.com/a/dUo0qlB
[Image: dUo0qlB]

Edit: Link just in case picture doesn't work.

I posted about it as well as another person trying to decipher what the Korean nameplate for it said, so we figured out that it was Flash Sleipnir. This image actually shows the face bolt sticker better, though.
Does anyone has a clue that MFB beys that are released during GT period should be classified as a layer from which gen of Burst?
(Jul. 15, 2019  4:36 AM)Henslyhaze Wrote: Does anyone has a clue that MFB beys that are released during GT period should be classified as a layer from which gen of Burst?

They’re just classified as Burst System Beys on the wiki alongside the Plastic Gen remakes.
(Jul. 15, 2019  7:34 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Jul. 15, 2019  4:36 AM)Henslyhaze Wrote: Does anyone has a clue that MFB beys that are released during GT period should be classified as a layer from which gen of Burst?

They’re just classified as Burst System Beys on the wiki alongside the Plastic Gen remakes.

Shouldn’t they be classified as Cho-Z beys? They have metal, and the layers are the weights of average Cho-Z layers.
(Jul. 16, 2019  2:18 AM)TheBladingCow Wrote:
(Jul. 15, 2019  7:34 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: They’re just classified as Burst System Beys on the wiki alongside the Plastic Gen remakes.

Shouldn’t they be classified as Cho-Z beys? They have metal, and the layers are the weights of average Cho-Z layers.

Not necessarily. To simplify classification, they are simply referred to as Burst System Beys, as their original respective system designs never synchronized with the actual Burst system intention. 

At most the Plastic Gen can compete with God System at least in terms of weight and gimmick, whilst Pegasis and the upcoming MFB remake might be able to work against Chouzetsu and possibly GT System. 

Nevertheless, it is least confusing to simply regard to any older Beyblade design remake as part of Burst System Beys in general.
(Jul. 16, 2019  2:31 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jul. 16, 2019  2:18 AM)TheBladingCow Wrote: Shouldn’t they be classified as Cho-Z beys? They have metal, and the layers are the weights of average Cho-Z layers.

Not necessarily. To simplify classification, they are simply referred to as Burst System Beys, as their original respective system designs never synchronized with the actual Burst system intention. 

At most the Plastic Gen can compete with God System at least in terms of weight and gimmick, whilst Pegasis and the upcoming MFB remake might be able to work against Chouzetsu and possibly GT System. 

Nevertheless, it is least confusing to simply regard to any older Beyblade design remake as part of Burst System Beys in general.
Ah, I see. Thank you ?
(Jul. 16, 2019  2:18 AM)TheBladingCow Wrote:
(Jul. 15, 2019  7:34 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: They’re just classified as Burst System Beys on the wiki alongside the Plastic Gen remakes.

I think there was no specification on the box, so there’s no way to know.