[Product]  B-131 Dead Phoenix 0 At

(Feb. 09, 2019  3:25 AM)Kei Wrote: Intentional or not, super cool that the Atomic in this has a smaller ball. Looking forward to playing around with it.

(Jan. 28, 2019  12:29 AM)Kei Wrote: Does anyone here know what the official names for the following are?

- Name of Revive Phoenix "Core" (Middle Piece)
- Name Dead Phoenix "Core" (Middle Piece)
- Name and Abbreviation of Revive Armour + Dead Phoenix "Core" (Is it "Imperfect Phoenix"?)
- Abbreviation for "Perfect Phoenix" (Revive Phoenix "Core" + Dead Armour).

So, I just got my Dead Phoenix and scoured the box and instructions for any information on this.

I couldn't find anything other than the label they give the core/middle piece: 「レイヤー本体」. This translates to basically "Layer Body".

Since there is no official names for the middle pieces, I think we may have to go with "Revive Phoenix Layer Body", "Dead Phoenix Layer Body".

There's no official name for the name of the Dead Phoenix Layer Body + Revive Armour, so I have no idea what we should call this. I'd lean towards "Imperfect Phoenix" (iP) to keep things close to the name for the other one we have an official name for.

And there's no abbreviation listed for Perfect Phoenix, but I guess it's safe to assume it would be pP.

I think it flows more smoothly to the tongue to call the middle portion of the two Layers as "Core" and the detachable part of the Layers as "Armor". Kind of easier to type down as well: "Dead Core+Dead Armor" "Dead Core+Revive Armor" "Revive Core+Dead Armor" "Revive Core+Revive Armor". Just my opinion tho.
(Feb. 09, 2019  4:05 AM)yukenta Wrote: While it isn't listed anywhere official such as adverts or packaging, Imperfect Phoenix is the official name for it. see: https://twitter.com/corocoro_kakun/statu...1390731264

edit, additional links, the JP community has been calling it imperfect phoenix for awhile following the trend of official staff calling it by such. Masterblader tweet: https://twitter.com/masterblader_h/statu...8145760256

Search results for imperfect phoenix: https://twitter.com/search?vertical=default&q=%E3%82%A2%E3%83%B3%E3%83%91%E3%83%BC%E3%83%95%E3%82%A7%E3%82%AF%E3%83%88%E3%83%95%E3%82%A7%E3%83%8B%E3%83%83%E3%82%AF%E3%82%B9&src=typd

This is as good as official to me. Thanks!

(Feb. 09, 2019  4:06 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: I think it flows more smoothly to the tongue to call the middle portion of the two Layers as "Core" and the detachable part of the Layers as "Armor". Kind of easier to type down as well: "Dead Core+Dead Armor" "Dead Core+Revive Armor" "Revive Core+Dead Armor" "Revive Core+Revive Armor". Just my opinion tho.

That's true, but I'm just hesitant to make up names for things if we don't have to. I'd rather stay as close to TAKARA-TOMY's naming as possible.

Also, I think TAKARA-TOMY used "本体" specifically because it also has a meaning of "real form". "body" and "real form" together both imply something that is living and/or changing into, like a phoenix does. There is words in Japanese for "core" that they didn't use, so I'm partial to sticking with "body".
This would be a sick bey to get who knows perhaps it'll actually be a challenge for Anubis to train against or who knows it might be strong enough to defeat Anubis after it has gone through its Cho-z evolution. -Avery
(Feb. 13, 2019  12:40 AM)Avery Purple999 Wrote: This would be a sick bey to get who knows perhaps it'll actually be a challenge for Anubis to train against or who knows it might be strong enough to defeat Anubis after it has gone through its Cho-z evolution. -Avery

Dead Phoenix is 99.999% going to beat Anubis
(Feb. 13, 2019  12:40 AM)Avery Purple999 Wrote: This would be a sick bey to get who knows perhaps it'll actually be a challenge for Anubis to train against or who knows it might be strong enough to defeat Anubis after it has gone through its Cho-z evolution. -Avery

Any Cho-Z layer could beat Anubis easily
(Feb. 13, 2019  1:59 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Dead Phoenix is 99.999% going to beat Anubis

(Feb. 13, 2019  2:21 AM)Dt20000 Wrote: Any Cho-Z layer could beat Anubis easily

Please don't engage him. He's been ranting about his Anubis in every thread he can find. I think he's either just trolling, or is way too enthusiastic and aggressive, or has an overactive imagination about being the anime protagonist of his own story. Or maybe he's just roleplaying and would like us to play along.

Avery, please calm down. Unhappy
And please understand that no matter how supernatural your Acid Anubis is, it is going to get totally wrecked by modern competitive beys unless it has been subject to illegal modifications.
Don't think we won't check, if you bring it to a tournament.
Anime protagonist? Story? Look I don't HV an overactive imagination and plus I can't help it if my beyblade is like invincible! ??

And plus I'm just telling it the way it is and plus I got better things to do than talk about how awesome me and my bey r so rock on!
(Feb. 14, 2019  8:51 PM)Avery Purple999 Wrote: I got better things to do than talk about how awesome me and my bey r so rock on!

Then do those better things. please. Those reading this forum don't want to read your posts about anubis in every single freaking thread.
Anyways getting back on topic, Does the tightness of the core change in molds? because I have 2 dP one for pP and for dP and when I use them on dP and rP core one is more lose than the other.
(Feb. 14, 2019  9:16 PM)Flame~Capricorn Wrote:
(Feb. 14, 2019  8:51 PM)Avery Purple999 Wrote: I got better things to do than talk about how awesome me and my bey r so rock on!

Then do those better things. please. Those reading this forum don't want to read your posts about anubis in every single freaking thread.

Fine I won't talk about Anubis (mostly cause I'm preparing to evolve it) I'll talk about my new bey that is just as powerful as Anubis, Shining Amaterios! And I'm also gonna go do those better things right about now sooooooo rock on! -Avery

P.S. I can understand how my awesomeness can sometimes get annoying sorry. ?
(Feb. 14, 2019  10:13 PM)Avery Purple999 Wrote:
(Feb. 14, 2019  9:16 PM)Flame~Capricorn Wrote: Then do those better things. please. Those reading this forum don't want to read your posts about anubis in every single freaking thread.

Fine I won't talk about Anubis (mostly cause I'm preparing to evolve it) I'll talk about my new bey that is just as powerful as Anubis, Shining Amaterios! And I'm also gonna go do those better things right about now sooooooo rock on! -Avery

P.S. I can understand how my awesomeness can sometimes get annoying   
People are getting annoyed because you're not showing any proof that your A2 is some bey with a real spirt or whatever you're saying. So stop acting like a jerk. Plus sA isn't that good in competitive play.
(Feb. 14, 2019  10:13 PM)Avery Purple999 Wrote:
(Feb. 14, 2019  9:16 PM)Flame~Capricorn Wrote: Then do those better things. please. Those reading this forum don't want to read your posts about anubis in every single freaking thread.

P.S. I can understand how my awesomeness can sometimes get annoying sorry. ?

Listen, Avery, people are getting annoyed by you because you're acting like a carp, and saying Anubis is some all-powerful Beyblade when testing showing it's outclassed and no you awesomeness can't get annoying because no one finds you awesome, not trying to be mean but I'm saying the truth.

(Feb. 14, 2019  9:51 PM)NobodyBlader Wrote: Anyways getting back on topic, Does the tightness of the core change in molds? because I have 2 dP one for pP and for dP and when I use them on dP and rP core one is more lose than the other.

Well I don't have dP but with TT they have done this type of stuff before like with 00 with the stars determining it's weight and I think it's annoying because it's luck to get the best mold.
I've always found the ring grooves on the Phoenix cores to be uneven quality. Sometimes you have to tilt them, and sometimes it holds well and sometimes it doesn't. It's a guessing game!
(Feb. 14, 2019  10:44 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: I've always found the ring grooves on the Phoenix cores to be uneven quality. Sometimes you have to tilt them, and sometimes it holds well and sometimes it doesn't. It's a guessing game!
Yeah, that's sadly pretty typical. Might make a difference concerning how easy it is to remove the armor as well.
(Feb. 14, 2019  11:26 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Feb. 14, 2019  10:44 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: I've always found the ring grooves on the Phoenix cores to be uneven quality. Sometimes you have to tilt them, and sometimes it holds well and sometimes it doesn't. It's a guessing game!
Yeah, that's sadly pretty typical. Might make a difference concerning how easy it is to remove the armor as well.

It comes with the risk of this type of gimmick. This is the first time I believe that this type of gimmick has ever been used in beyblade history. Once they get more used to mass producing this type of gimmick the quality will get better, a dP from now and a dP from 4 months later should be different in the quality.
(Feb. 14, 2019  11:33 PM)BurstMaster Wrote:
(Feb. 14, 2019  11:26 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: Yeah, that's sadly pretty typical. Might make a difference concerning how easy it is to remove the armor as well.

It comes with the risk of this type of gimmick. This is the first time I believe that this type of gimmick has ever been used in beyblade history. Once they get more used to mass producing this type of gimmick the quality will get better, a dP from now and a dP from 4 months later should be different in the quality.

Not entirely sure on this. The silver Maximum Garuda from RBV 12 is terrible, with basically no burst resistance compared to the original yellow, and the same applies to the blue and red Archer Hercules. Just because they've made more of them doesn't mean they'll match up quality-wise, and it kinda seems like the opposite could actually be true.

If the armor is not secured onto the core after assembly, I'd suggest you to pinch the driver and give it an extra twist in the direction you would normally assemble a right spin beyblade. That should do the trick.
(Feb. 15, 2019  3:20 PM)lovesick Wrote:

If the armor is not secured onto the core after assembly, I'd suggest you to pinch the driver and give it an extra twist in the direction you would normally assemble a right spin beyblade. That should do the trick.
lovesick posted again! After your aH tests, I didnt see you post at all, but its good to see you back Grin
SO what you're saying is that the tightness of the armor is random? or is more lose when the drive is not 100% turned?
(Feb. 15, 2019  9:58 PM)NobodyBlader Wrote: SO what you're saying is that the tightness of the armor is random? or is more lose when the drive is not 100% turned?

Bit of both. It seems to be mold variations of some variety, but grabbing the driver and giving it a hard twist often helps lock it into place more properly. The latter is something i discovered helped immensely back when I first got my hand on Revive Phoenix, and it still holds true.
(Feb. 16, 2019  12:36 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Feb. 15, 2019  9:58 PM)NobodyBlader Wrote: SO what you're saying is that the tightness of the armor is random? or is more lose when the drive is not 100% turned?

Bit of both. It seems to be mold variations of some variety, but grabbing the driver and giving it a hard twist often helps lock it into place more properly. The latter is something i discovered helped immensely back when I first got my hand on Revive Phoenix, and it still holds true.

This is quite true, tho at times I think it may do more harm to the teeth, but you gotta do what you gotta do, I guess. The upside of having the Armor fly away early in battle is to win in a test of stamina since the round core is exposed easily (more effective against opposite spin, I have seen). Tighter Armors tend to lose more since the gimmick becomes moot in crucial moments, where you could have won if only the Armor was removed at that specific time.
(Feb. 16, 2019  8:21 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Feb. 16, 2019  12:36 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: Bit of both. It seems to be mold variations of some variety, but grabbing the driver and giving it a hard twist often helps lock it into place more properly. The latter is something i discovered helped immensely back when I first got my hand on Revive Phoenix, and it still holds true.

This is quite true, tho at times I think it may do more harm to the teeth, but you gotta do what you gotta do, I guess. The upside of having the Armor fly away early in battle is to win in a test of stamina since the round core is exposed easily (more effective against opposite spin, I have seen). Tighter Armors tend to lose more since the gimmick becomes moot in crucial moments, where you could have won if only the Armor was removed at that specific time.
I need to do more testing with the Phoenixes to be honest, but aside from possibly some destabilization potential it's not immediately visible how losing the armor would help. You're shedding some of your kinetic energy when it happens, and as the heaviest layer around with solo spin times topping the charts I'd think you could eke out a win that way.

If I had to hazard a guess, either the armor drags on the ground and slows it down late in the match and kills its LAD capabilities or the Cores are decent at resisting spin equalization and can take advantage of left-spin matchups better without the armor similar to how Maximum Garuda was a hindrance to that strategy.
(Feb. 16, 2019  5:26 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Feb. 16, 2019  8:21 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: This is quite true, tho at times I think it may do more harm to the teeth, but you gotta do what you gotta do, I guess. The upside of having the Armor fly away early in battle is to win in a test of stamina since the round core is exposed easily (more effective against opposite spin, I have seen). Tighter Armors tend to lose more since the gimmick becomes moot in crucial moments, where you could have won if only the Armor was removed at that specific time.
I need to do more testing with the Phoenixes to be honest, but aside from possibly some destabilization potential it's not immediately visible how losing the armor would help. You're shedding some of your kinetic energy when it happens, and as the heaviest layer around with solo spin times topping the charts I'd think you could eke out a win that way.

If I had to hazard a guess, either the armor drags on the ground and slows it down late in the match and kills its LAD capabilities or the Cores are decent at resisting spin equalization and can take advantage of left-spin matchups better without the armor similar to how Maximum Garuda was a hindrance to that strategy.

If using the Revive Armor, it is both easily destabilized and is also a hindrance in nabbing Spin Finishes especially against opposite spin. The Dead Armor is also a bit disadvantageous when not discarded early on, but I also find it to be more consistent in leaving the field when dislodged from the core unlike Revive.

I was merely speculating on the effects of the Armors primarily from my playtests using Revive and Perfect Phoenix Layers against common competitive left spin combos like Sr, hS, and CZ-S. It may have different results as well due to mold variances, as usual, so take with a grain of salt.
Now I have figured out a reason for why the dP core is so light. In the anime dP moves around and knocks the armor back up into the air and uses it as a weapon. rP cant move around well cause of the weight, since dP is lighter without armor it could move around more
Is dP and rP work well without the Dead Armor or Revive Armor?