[Product]  B-131 Dead Phoenix 0 At

It seems like whenever they can't think of a new disk they just go to 0. Meh, why fix what's not broke.
(Jan. 10, 2019  4:04 PM)Crumok Wrote: It seems like whenever they can't think of a new disk they just go to 0. Meh, why fix what's not broke.

At least 0 is competitive, right?
I feel like they should have done is made this combo dP.10T.Fr', one Turn just would feel right if it was dH+rP also for Fr' what they could have done is make the rubber touch as it does in the anime, you don't have to agree but that's what I think they should have done for Dead Pheonix
(Jan. 10, 2019  9:00 PM)DrainBladerAMVS Wrote: I feel like they should have done is made this combo dP.10T.Fr', one Turn just would feel right if it was dH+rP also for Fr' what they could have done is make the rubber touch as it does in the anime, you don't have to agree but that's what I think they should have done for Dead Pheonix

There has never been a ' Defense or Stamina driver, and I don't think one should ever be made. Attack types and aggressively designed Balance types need the high burst resistances to survive their own recoil better, but Defense and Stamina types need to have weaknesses to stay balanced. Giving them more burst resistance through things like Fr' would only make that so much harder to do.
(Jan. 10, 2019  9:08 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Jan. 10, 2019  9:00 PM)DrainBladerAMVS Wrote: I feel like they should have done is made this combo dP.10T.Fr', one Turn just would feel right if it was dH+rP also for Fr' what they could have done is make the rubber touch as it does in the anime, you don't have to agree but that's what I think they should have done for Dead Pheonix

There has never been a ' Defense or Stamina driver, and I don't think one should ever be made. Attack types and aggressively designed Balance types need the high burst resistances to survive their own recoil better, but Defense and Stamina types need to have weaknesses to stay balanced. Giving them more burst resistance through things like Fr' would only make that so much harder to do.

I said Fr' because i think the rubber should be used so that it's more aggressive with the rubber being able to touch the floor so when it got knocked off balance it would attack back just like it does in the anime. or they could just fix it, all I really want is a fr that works like it does in the anime.
(Jan. 10, 2019  9:10 PM)DrainBladerAMVS Wrote:
(Jan. 10, 2019  9:08 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: There has never been a ' Defense or Stamina driver, and I don't think one should ever be made. Attack types and aggressively designed Balance types need the high burst resistances to survive their own recoil better, but Defense and Stamina types need to have weaknesses to stay balanced. Giving them more burst resistance through things like Fr' would only make that so much harder to do.

I said Fr' because i think the rubber should be used so that it's more aggressive with the rubber being able to touch the floor so when it got knocked off balance it would attack back just like it does in the anime.

So far ' drivers haven't done any actual changes in design, only using softer rubber for Xtreme' and Hunter' (and maybe Jl' when that gets released?) which is entirely a material change. Even if there was softer rubber on Friction, it wouldn't make this kind of difference as it would still never touch anything.

If this sort of aggression when it becomes unbalanced is really what you're looking for, something like Unite' would be a lot closer to your intended goal. Even then this is a Defense type, not a Balance type, so it wouldn't really make any sense on this combination anyways.
(Jan. 10, 2019  9:24 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Jan. 10, 2019  9:10 PM)DrainBladerAMVS Wrote: I said Fr' because i think the rubber should be used so that it's more aggressive with the rubber being able to touch the floor so when it got knocked off balance it would attack back just like it does in the anime.

So far ' drivers haven't done any actual changes in design, only using softer rubber for Xtreme' and Hunter' (and maybe Jl' when that gets released?) which is entirely a material change. Even if there was softer rubber on Friction, it wouldn't make this kind of difference as it would still never touch anything.

If this sort of aggression when it becomes unbalanced is really what you're looking for, something like Unite' would be a lot closer to your intended goal. Even then this is a Defense type, not a Balance type, so it wouldn't really make any sense on this combination anyways.

Well I'm just saying that they should make parts like they do in the anime and make them work in real life also
(Jan. 10, 2019  9:10 PM)DrainBladerAMVS Wrote:
(Jan. 10, 2019  9:08 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: There has never been a ' Defense or Stamina driver, and I don't think one should ever be made. Attack types and aggressively designed Balance types need the high burst resistances to survive their own recoil better, but Defense and Stamina types need to have weaknesses to stay balanced. Giving them more burst resistance through things like Fr' would only make that so much harder to do.

I said Fr' because i think the rubber should be used so that it's more aggressive with the rubber being able to touch the floor so when it got knocked off balance it would attack back just like it does in the anime. or they could just fix it, all I really want is a fr that works like it does in the anime.

A dash Driver never changes the original driver's design, it only increasesits burst resistance. Volcanic' for example acts the same as the original, the only thing going for it is a tighter spring. If a Friction' were ever to exist, than it would only have better burst resistance. Friction was never advertised to counterattack, that was a thing the anime did to make Phoenix more interesting in battle. The only realistic use for the rubber was actually shown in the manga. When Phoenix spins over its armor, the rubber on Fr made it shoot out. I have no idea how common that would be or if the armor can even touch the rubber that way. But Fr' will not be redesigned as demonstrated by the already countless amounts of dash drivers released.
Going back on topic, so this is basically an rP copy with more weight on the Armor then? That might explain why it was too cheap for preorder... no new Disks or Drivers..
If this does turn out to be the same mechanism of rP, I wonder if you could customize to make rP more competitive... O_O
(Jan. 11, 2019  3:23 AM)ThePheonix Wrote: If this does turn out to be the same mechanism of rP, I wonder if you could customize to make rP more competitive... O_O

Uhm, rP afaik is quite competitive already just for its unique gimmick alone, depending on the mold variance and the match-ups, but it can definitely hold its own in tournaments as is.

I also asked that question of mixing and matching the respective Armors with the core Beys, and as some have already stated, only time will tell whether they're compatible or not, and if there will be significant changes with the performance of rP vs dP

I'd hope that the core dP Bey is still heavier than rP, so as to actually distinguish itself from the same namesake (unless the core was just made "heavier" due to layer+disk weight combination).
Could someone use revive Pheonix with 0 and atomic
(Jan. 11, 2019  7:33 PM)marutti Wrote: https://youtu.be/XrENnhR_3I8

So you can use the dP armor on rP. Looks like my theory was correct.
(Jan. 11, 2019  7:39 PM)BounduAtakku Wrote:

So you can use the dP armor on rP. Looks like my theory was correct.

Oh carp. I was wrong. Time to make armor mixing legal, lol.

On wow on 0:55 of the video, it shows that the dP armour is compatible with the rP core.

Not only that but the thing weighs 27.68 grams according to the page too! Sheesh! It's heavier than any core disk to date! It's almost exactly 10 grams heavier than Emperor Forneus! It's also rounder too so that's fun...

And since the rP core weighs about 14 grams, the armour must be at least 13 and a half grams.
Then getting a black Revive Phoenix is necessary for aesthetics...LOL
With this kind of mix and matching of Layers/Sub-layers, Disks/Frames, it's only a matter of time til we also mix and match Driver parts (though I guess that would be too much work.

But going back on this thread, YAY more combo possibilities for dP with this new update. Rounder-shaped Armor must mean it has more defense than ever
I'm not surprised to see that the armor pieces and core are cross-compatible, but I never expected TT to be pushing for it! The weight combined with rP's core is just immense, and I can't help but imagine it having immense Stamina with this weight distribution too. Revive Phoenix has the best solo spin time among all Super-Z parts to my knowledge, and this is just adding more on top of improving its defensive edge. If this thing doesn't have counters I can see it wrecking town easily.

My ponderings are in how you could remove the armor consistently enough to stop it, as I think this is basically the only real way to do it since I don't see it being outspun easily and it weighs way too much to be easily KO'd. Spriggan Requiem on Bearing might be a consideration if it wasn't in a totally different weight class that left it defensively fragile. Maybe some sort of incredibly aggressive stationary attacker meant to slam the armor off and then try to KO or outspin the core?

Honestly though, this really will look better with a darker colored rP core. The black one fits really well here, but the rP from the Air Knight booster could also work decently well with its deep purple color.
This is crazy,and think,we don’t know if the dp core would be heavier,this is insane
Well need some really good counter for this,otherwise it’s defense and stamina is off the charts
(Jan. 08, 2019  12:54 PM)BounduAtakku Wrote:
(Jan. 08, 2019  12:37 PM)LegendSonu Wrote: Wait Phi is an alien ?
Did you not see the episode where Phi comes to earth vie a meteor destroying a forest while doing so?

Plus it's not confirmed
I did not see the episode
What was the episode
I cant remeber exactly but i think it was episode 13 or 14.
(Jan. 12, 2019  10:39 AM)Battleburst Wrote: This is crazy,and think,we don’t know if the dp core would be heavier,this is insane
Well need some really good counter for this,otherwise it’s defense and stamina is off the charts

There's significantly less metal on something roughly the same size and thickness of rP's core, so it's basically a guarantee that dP's core weighs less just by design. There's just too much evidence in its design pointing towards that.
Both cool and scary that the armour is interchangeable with rP. Excited for this!