Posting Test Results.

yeah I'm a right hander, so if I use a launcher grip with a left spin bey, I find it slightly harder and can sometimes mess up...
Good spot guys. I don't use grips either. I'm sure it's not compulsory, just overlooked.
It's not compulsory - Standard Conditions is a shorthand way of writing all of those conditions, but if anything is changed, you just have to state them. The large majority of people do use Launcher Grips, so it's a helpful shortcut for those people.

All you would have to write is "Standard Conditions, No Launcher Grip", or something to that effect.
Maybe you should add "(if used)" next to it?

Furthermore, could we make a note of how the wins occurred (numbers of KO's/OS's) standard? It's something we basically need to know anyway, and it is inevitably asked of all testers.
It is standard, hence the format. You should encourage members to follow it completely.
Ahh, yeah, I somehow blanked on the quoted box. It may be worth noting below, but anyone with a valid stadium will probably work it out anyway Tongue_out

Still think it's best to note that grips aren't compulsory in the OP, but you're the expert Tongue_out
Can people actually start using the format? I think we've pretty much agreed in the Advanced Forum that it is by far the easiest to read without awkward spoilers and superfluous information.

People who have taken the time to read this thread; you should start encouraging people to use the format! ;p
I think I am, albeit with an extra detail section for any notes I made during testing, and the full test records in order. I know it's an awkward spoiler, but it saves me remembering it later when I inevitably am asked questions that it would've covered Tongue_out

It'll be far nicer to just write "standard format" instead of detailing everything now, ahah Tongue_out

That said, I think a lot of people are doing it Tongue_out
yes, I have already started to use the format with my recent tests, but what do we do with our older tests?
Sorry to ask, but what does OS mean?
(Jul. 14, 2011  2:29 AM)Callum6939 Wrote: yeah I'm a right hander, so if I use a launcher grip with a left spin bey, I find it slightly harder and can sometimes mess up...

Dude, the beylauncher l's handel is made the same way the right spin beylauncher's handel Tired, they go in the launcher grip the same way as well. Also KaiserZero, OS means OUT SPIN.
(Sep. 13, 2011  6:00 PM)HellKaiserZero Wrote: Sorry to ask, but what does OS mean?

Out Spin
Ok, thanks
(Sep. 13, 2011  9:43 PM)akylus21 Wrote: I already said that.

You know that he mostlikely was on the page before you posted and posted just after you did, there is only 3 minutes between the posts.
(Sep. 13, 2011  8:37 PM)akylus21 Wrote:
(Jul. 14, 2011  2:29 AM)Callum6939 Wrote: yeah I'm a right hander, so if I use a launcher grip with a left spin bey, I find it slightly harder and can sometimes mess up...

Dude, the beylauncher l's handel is made the same way the right spin beylauncher's handel Tired, they go in the launcher grip the same way as well. Also KaiserZero, OS means OUT SPIN.

Left spin beys must be aimed differently when doing a sliding shoot.

Also, your last two posts were unnecessary (and a bit rude), so be more careful in future.
Thanks for a standard system! I will deffanitley be doing some testing in the future!
Its bb10 right? the attack stadium.
Yes. The Takara Tomy BB-10 Attack Type Stadium.
Or a SonoKong BB-10 attack stadium, as they are exactly the same. Smile
Here's something I cooked up over in random thoughts on the actual reasons for the types we test against:

(Jan. 31, 2012  5:17 PM)th!nk Wrote: Things are much easier to understand if you consider the types as Aggressive and Passive.
Defense and Stamina are mainly passive, aiming to win by outspin, and seeing as they have the same win condition, the line between them isn't really a line, but a spectrum which both sit on.
Attack's win condition is knocking the opponent out of the stadium, and generally this has no focus on outspinning, only having enough stamina to knock the opponent out (things are much blurrier in plastics, though).

Then, we want to consider their aims:
Attack aims to KO, so we test it against the hardest things to KO (Defense).

Defense aims to survive KO's, so we test against the most likely things to KO them (Attack)

Stamina aims to outlast, so we test it against the things most likely to outlast them: Other Stamina Types.

Defense/Stamina hybrids aim to survive most hits, and be able to outspin other defense combinations. We actually see these more than pure defense (though RDF might change that, because defense and stamina are both two sides of the same coin it still has a measure of stamina). The most efficient ones are able to cover a broader spectrum than pure defense or pure stamina, and these are things like BD145CS, TH170CS, and more, it all depends where you, personally, draw the line.

So, we don't test Stamina against Attack, because surviving attacks is not the aim of stamina, outlasting everything is the aim of stamina.

Basically, we test things that are most likely to prevent types doing what they aim, not those that beat them 100% of the time.

Of course, this is not set in stone, as beyblades usually aren't a single type, but percentages of each, it's just attack is noticeably more independent from defense/stamina as the two are from each other, especially in MFB.
Well said, there and here.

From my standpoint, I also test Defense against Defense and Attack against Attack. The latter is more common in tournaments than the former, but neither is particularly common in general. I find it to be personally useful in evaluating how new parts work in a combo (mirror match isolation) as well as in trying to determine what happens in "edge cases" during tournaments when the unexpected may occur.
Yeah, I considered the defense vs defense testing, but figured it really slots into the "defense/stamina" testing category, because you're really assessing their ability to outlast other defenders, not take hits.

As for attack vs attack, very good point, though it's really hard to get accurate results without two competent people launching, it is still a very valid, (albeit secondary), form of testing, and definitely an important one. Italy's metagame revolved around it at one point.

I may edit my post to include or clarify both circumstances, perhaps tomorrow.

It all comes down to the "type percentages" thing, Attack Vs Attack measures each attackers defensive ability, whilst defense vs defense measures each defenders stamina ability (though the line is blurrier there, as mentioned).
I can't find the Attack type stadium. Can I do testing in other thing like stadium.