Post Sr, G3, and mG ban Meta Discussion

So with the banning of the aforementioned layers, what layers/combos do you see as newly viable? what is no longer viable in your opinion? I personally feel combos built to counter mG/G3 are probably no longer viable. Like dC combos for instance. What are your thoughts on how this is going to shift the meta?
I think that Dark Deathscyther and Yegdrion combos may become more popular.
(May. 09, 2018  7:44 PM)Flame-Byxis Wrote: I think that Dark Deathscyther and Yegdrion combos may become more popular.

oh really? why do you think that? I kind of think the opposite, with how heavy everything is these days and how versatile attack seems like it will become.
Alter Chronos, Drain Fafnir, and Sieg Xcalibur could probably come out of obscurity, and all the ChoZ layers either are or look like they could be at least decent for either stationary attack (wV, zA, bL) or defense (eF & cR). The meta is likely to be a lot more varied with the three problem layers gone, so hopefully the next few tournaments will reflect that instead of what happened around this time last year where the Deathscythers were banned but the meta just became dF and it's counters, haha.
(May. 09, 2018  7:45 PM)Mstubbs88 Wrote:
(May. 09, 2018  7:44 PM)Flame-Byxis Wrote: I think that Dark Deathscyther and Yegdrion combos may become more popular.

oh really? why do you think that? I kind of think the opposite, with how heavy everything is these days and how versatile attack seems like it will become.

I meant for stamina combos since Yegdrion 4Glaive Orbit was the only combo I could find that seemed to even come remotely close to G3. I completely forgot about F3.

I imagine that attack will become more popular than stamina though.
(May. 09, 2018  7:49 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote: Alter Chronos, Drain Fafnir, and Sieg Xcalibur could probably come out of obscurity, and all the ChoZ layers either are or look like they could be at least decent for either stationary attack (wV, zA, bL) or defense (eF & cR). The meta is likely to be a lot more varied with the three problem layers gone, so hopefully the next few tournaments will reflect that instead of what happened around this time last year where the Deathscythers were banned but the meta just became dF and it's counters, haha.

It really doesnt seem like any one singular combo is so too strong at this point. Im REALLY excited to see some variety and feel like i can play some stuff that isnt the "go to combos" and still win! Grin
I kinda want to see Legend Spriggan again. It has great chances against Alter Chronos and since Drain Fafnir counters Sieg Xcalibur really hard (if memory serves correct) having a Legend Spriggan can boost your chances
Hopefully we will see some creative combos.

tN was good for countering mG. With mG and its hasbro counterpart gone and chouzetsu layers joining the fun will tN still be relevant.

god layer wise it has amazing OWD and is quite heavy. But with the introduction of layers like wV, zA, eF, bL, and cR would tN still be a viable tornado staller?
(May. 09, 2018  8:04 PM)MWF Wrote: Hopefully we will see some creative combos.

tN was good for countering mG. With mG and its hasbro counterpart gone and chouzetsu layers joining the fun will tN still be relevant.

god layer wise it has amazing OWD and is quite heavy. But with the introduction of layers like wV, zA, eF, bL, and cR would tN still be a viable tornado staller?

I feel like tN will be an awesome layer right now tbh. With an A chip, he makes a really good stationary attack type. I really need to pick up a sX too tbh. Also, Forgot to mention lS, I feel an lS with a good mold will do really well now too.
Deep Chaos, Sieg Xcalibur, Nightmare Longinus and Cho-Zetsu combos
I think Arc Bahamut will still be hard to burst now that TurboLibra14 has found a "Hidden Ability" on the bey.

Drain Fafnir will be back on the top tier list with spriggan requiem kicked out of the game for now, but by the time we find more counters for spriggan, the question remaining is, what will become of spriggan after it's return? Will it go the path of Garuda after that bey was unbanned? Or will it be safe from the permanant bans?
Probably things like dC, gZ, gK, sX, dF, nL, aC, eF, and maybe even lS and aB
Ls left spin is really good at taking out aB. Most peoples original lS's have already been worn down. dF would still be suppressed by the new cho z layers. tN might have a chance
I'll make a list of what I think Smile

Winning Valkyrie mobile attack
Sieg Xcalibur stationary attack
Deep Chaos on Stamina
Emperor Forneus on Defense
Bloody Longinus or Nightmare Longinus for Left Spin Attack
Ark Bahamut on Defense
Drain Fafnir for Stamina

that's all I can think of Smile
(May. 10, 2018  9:20 AM)leosama Wrote: I'll make a list of what I think Smile

Deep Chaos on Stamina
Ark Bahamut on Defense
Drain Fafnir for Stamina

I personally dont see dC doing much of anything...it bursts so easy even with an A chip.
(May. 10, 2018  1:08 PM)Mstubbs88 Wrote:
(May. 10, 2018  9:20 AM)leosama Wrote: I'll make a list of what I think Smile

Deep Chaos on Stamina
Ark Bahamut on Defense
Drain Fafnir for Stamina

I personally dont see dC doing much of anything...it bursts so easy even with an A chip.

I find that my dC is able to resist attack quite well with a tight fitting God Chip. What driver are you using dC on?

On another note, eF is weirdly good at KOing even when in the center XD. It's so unbalanced that it dishes out more attacks rather than deflecting them
(May. 10, 2018  3:23 PM)Mage Wrote:
(May. 10, 2018  1:08 PM)Mstubbs88 Wrote: I personally dont see dC doing much of anything...it bursts so easy even with an A chip.

I find that my dC is able to resist attack quite well with a tight fitting God Chip. What driver are you using dC on?

On another note, eF is weirdly good at KOing even when in the center XD. It's so unbalanced that it dishes out more attacks rather than deflecting them

Been using dC.7C/G.O/R with an A mold God Chip, the tightest fitting god chip available. It loses hard to tN and wV, probably lS in right spin too.
(May. 10, 2018  6:01 AM)BurstMaster Wrote: Ls left spin is really good at taking out aB. Most peoples original lS's have already been worn down. dF would still be suppressed by the new cho z layers. tN might have a chance

The only thing Fafnir is good at doing is spin equalizing, so since Spriggan requiem is gone for now, fafnir will be top tier on that aspect again, at least that's what i think.
dC.0C.Yr. Wouldn't the lower height help the bound defense gimmick?
(May. 10, 2018  8:08 PM)MWF Wrote: dC.0C.Yr. Wouldn't the lower height help the bound defense gimmick?

Idk, but I know that 7 would probably work better because it has better stamina, and maybe put glaive or no frame insteadsted of cross
(May. 10, 2018  8:18 PM)bladekid Wrote:
(May. 10, 2018  8:08 PM)MWF Wrote: dC.0C.Yr. Wouldn't the lower height help the bound defense gimmick?

Idk, but I know that 7 would probably work better because it has better stamina, and maybe put glaive or no frame insteadsted of cross

So dC.7C.Yr

Cross has better lad than glaive.
I think Galaxy Zeus might also make a comeback, I always considered it "Spriggan Requiem Light" because it's also good for everything, ESPECIALLY on Destroy. The movement of Destroy reduces impact with Mobile Attack and can let you stall out and weaken the impact of Stationary Attack. It's Life-After-Death can give you excellent chances even against Bearing combos (though I think it might depend on how good the opponent's Bearing is) and with Galazy Zeus' recoil, you can Burst Bearing combos and Deep Chaos combos.
I think Drain Fafnir will be used more often.
(May. 10, 2018  8:18 PM)bladekid Wrote:

There is no way that 7 has more stamina than 0 lol Thats wrong. :P

Also, im now curious on testing gZ on Ds lol.
(May. 11, 2018  1:54 PM)Mstubbs88 Wrote:
(May. 10, 2018  8:18 PM)bladekid Wrote: Idk, but I know that 7 would probably work better because it has better stamina, and maybe put glaive or no frame insteadsted of cross

There is no way that 7 has more stamina than 0 lol Thats wrong. :P

Also, im now curious on testing gZ on Ds lol.

Actually 7 can give more stamina than 0. I have the disc and nothing else other than 8 came close to outspinning it.