Post Sr, G3, and mG ban Meta Discussion

I hope they don't ban the Sr layer, but just bearing on Sr.
That would be Kei you're thinking of but I haven't seen any recent deck listings of him using Octa.
(May. 15, 2018  12:46 AM)TheGalaxyHeart Wrote: a little late to post this but the level chip ban doesn't make sense to me. Its banned because its too expensive and it gives an unfair advantage? Well wouldn't the same be said about octa which Kai-v has no problem using even though Orichalium is one of the most expensive beys released? And to some the GCS seems "too expensive" so people with bearing or ark Bahamut have some sort of advantage?

There's a difference between a part that is a solid alternative to an easy to obtain part (Octa vs Atomic) and a part that is clearly better than everything else available (Outer vs All Disks). We didn't ban things like amaterious aero assault or baldur bumper bite for this reason too; they had exclusive parts, but they weren't overpowered.

And in terms of something like the God Customize Set there's a difference between a set released normally and a single part that costs hundreds of dollars (Outer, Level Chips).

For us, we want to avoid players having the ability to win tournaments singularly as a result of their ability to purchase an obscenely expensive part. Banning Outer and Level Chips accomplishes this. Nobody will win a tournament because they own something like Octa. But they will with those other parts (as has been demonstrated with Outer at least).
(May. 11, 2018  3:17 PM)CrazyAries Wrote: Nice work.
All my friends and I believe that Sr should be banned.

Why! Do you have Sr!

(May. 15, 2018  12:55 AM)Kei Wrote:
(May. 15, 2018  12:46 AM)TheGalaxyHeart Wrote: a little late to post this but the level chip ban doesn't make sense to me. Its banned because its too expensive and it gives an unfair advantage? Well wouldn't the same be said about octa which Kai-v has no problem using even though Orichalium is one of the most expensive beys released? And to some the GCS seems "too expensive" so people with bearing or ark Bahamut have some sort of advantage?

There's a difference between a part that is a solid alternative to an easy to obtain part (Octa vs Atomic) and a part that is clearly better than everything else available (Outer vs All Disks). We didn't ban things like amaterious aero assault or baldur bumper bite for this reason too; they had exclusive parts, but they weren't overpowered.

And in terms of something like the God Customize Set there's a difference between a set released normally and a single part that costs hundreds of dollars (Outer, Level Chips).

For us, we want to avoid players having the ability to win tournaments singularly as a result of their ability to purchase an obscenely expensive part. Banning Outer and Level Chips accomplishes this. Nobody will win a tournament because they own something like Octa. But they will with those other parts (as has been demonstrated with Outer at least).

I totally agree with yoi kei!

But I just wish Sr would be unbanned

Its one of my favorites
(May. 15, 2018  12:55 AM)Kei Wrote:

that's fair. I still think a multi-format system of battling would be cool. I would love to see stronger beys in their own tier and weaker beys in their own tier so we see more diverse battles I'm sick of seeing the same beys winning over and over.
With Hasbro at the current moment combos like F3.P.At and L2.7M.H will do excellent. More waves are released we will most likely see L3,Sr3(S4?), and N3 do great if Hasbro doesn't nerf them to the ground. Though a slightly Nerfed Spryzesn Requirum would Be good. Maybe it won't have the same fate as its TT counterpart.
(May. 15, 2018  12:56 AM)Crimson Chin Wrote:
(May. 11, 2018  3:17 PM)CrazyAries Wrote: Nice work.
All my friends and I believe that Sr should be banned.

Why! Do you have Sr!

Of course I got. Four normal ones and three gold version.
That is just too overpowered and break the balance in metagame.
eF seems like a decent alternative to mG. Not as much stamina, but has solid defense.
(May. 15, 2018  4:15 AM)BurstMaster Wrote: eF seems like a decent alternative to mG. Not as much stamina, but has solid defense.

Plus destabilization potential to boot
Imo with Sr mG and G3 gone dF destroy would see quite usage its a quite safe choice u can dodge attacks using destroys movement and can easily outspin most right spin stuff except right spin bearing which would be quite rare
Here's a question for any bladers who can answer this. Is Seig Xcalibur still good enough for comptitive use, or has the Cho-Z era completely killed it off? I ask because it was one of the best choices for most tournaments, but now i don't know.
(Jun. 02, 2018  3:47 AM)ultra destinus Wrote: Here's a question for any bladers who can answer this. Is Seig Xcalibur still good enough for comptitive use, or has the Cho-Z era completely killed it off? I ask because it was one of the best choices for most tournaments, but now i don't know.

A test done for me by FlyingWaffle (Sieg Xcalibur, Winning Valkyrie and Z Achilles on 0Bump Xtreme vs Alter Chronos 0Cross Atomic) shows that they're all equal (The results for all three of them were 40-60 in Alter Chronos' favor)

Though I think having the (about) 4 grams greater weight in the Layer might have some small benefits (recoil control and/or less burst risk)

But overall, no need to replace Sieg Xcalibur yet
(Jun. 02, 2018  3:51 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Jun. 02, 2018  3:47 AM)ultra destinus Wrote: Here's a question for any bladers who can answer this. Is Seig Xcalibur still good enough for comptitive use, or has the Cho-Z era completely killed it off? I ask because it was one of the best choices for most tournaments, but now i don't know.

A test done for me by FlyingWaffle (Sieg Xcalibur, Winning Valkyrie and Z Achilles on 0Bump Xtreme vs Alter Chronos 0Cross Atomic) shows that they're all equal (The results for all three of them were 40-60 in Alter Chronos' favor)

Though I think having the (about) 4 grams greater weight in the Layer might have some small benefits (recoil control and/or less burst risk)

But overall, no need to replace Sieg Xcalibur yet

That's a relief! I was getting worried I'd have to lay My Xcalius to rest soon
Do you think hasbro s4 will be banned the second it comes out or will they need to test it to see if it is as op as sr..
(Jun. 02, 2018  8:48 PM)LegendV3 Wrote: Do you think hasbro s4 will be banned the second it comes out or will they need to test it to see if it is as op as sr..

It's still called S3. Better to just call it Spryzen Requiem.