Pokémon Discussion Thread [Random Thoughts]

Post your random thoughts about Pokémon here!

WOW , a thread for pokemon in WBO , THAT'S AMAZING
a thread about those pokemans, sign me in!
Me to
I am selling some Pokemon cards (both fake and real).PM me for costs.
We done, guys? Ha.

I've been playing Pokémon since the '90s with Red and Blue. Kept up with the anime until they switched all the voice actors. I'll never approve of that decision, as those VAs wanted to continue working. That's Pokémon USA's fault, but also may be 4Kids' fault.

I stopped with the trading cards with the Team Aqua and Team Magma releases back during RSE. Just lost interest, probably helped by having no places to actually play.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Game Freak makes use of the Switch, as talked about here: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Pok%C3%...noff-Games
isnt this the wrong forum to post in?
(Jun. 20, 2018  4:34 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote: We done, guys? Ha.

I've been playing Pokémon since the '90s with Red and Blue. Kept up with the anime until they switched all the voice actors. I'll never approve of that decision, as those VAs wanted to continue working. That's Pokémon USA's fault, but also may be 4Kids' fault.

I stopped with the trading cards with the Team Aqua and Team Magma releases back during RSE. Just lost interest, probably helped by having no places to actually play.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Game Freak makes use of the Switch, as talked about here: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Pok%C3%...noff-Games

As you mentioned, Nintendo is just playing around with the Switch to be able to explore their bounds and their limits. I think that the 'Let's Go Eevee!' and 'Let's Go Pikachu!' Spin-offs are a start... But when it was announced, I thought that it would maybe introduce a new Eeveelution but otherwise, I think that's the only disappointment for me...
Thanks for this thread! I just realized I forgot about getting the latest code from GameStop for shiny Zyguarde. No good to miss that!

(Jun. 20, 2018  4:40 PM)@ya.dama Wrote: isnt this the wrong forum to post in?

I guess it could go in Media? But Pokémon is definitely not tied down to just video games. It has a strong anime and collectibles presence.

The creator of the thread can't move it for myBB. You have to get a mod to do it. Can use the Report button to flag for moving, but all around, it does no use to post about it....?
(Jun. 20, 2018  4:40 PM)@ya.dama Wrote: isnt this the wrong forum to post in?

No. This the 'General Discussion' Thread and the example given for it was 'Dinosaurs' and 'Pokémon' is Farfetch'd (PokéPun intended...) enough to stay here...
(Jun. 20, 2018  4:44 PM)ThePheonix Wrote: As you mentioned, Nintendo is just playing around with the Switch to be able to explore their bounds and their limits. I think that the 'Let's Go Eevee!' and 'Let's Go Pikachu!' Spin-offs are a start... But when it was announced, I thought that it would maybe introduce a new Eeveelution but otherwise, I think that's the only disappointment for me...

Well, I'm very excited! I don't know what's in store, but I find my friends who weren't big on Pokémon besides Go are interested in LGP/LGE, and now I'll get to share that with them. They never played any of the core series, but now they may join me in something close to it.

And then, yeah, it's a buildup to what's to come. Then the eventual DPPt remake will be a big step up from the originals (as I found those to be my least favorite games of the series).
(Jun. 20, 2018  4:53 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(Jun. 20, 2018  4:44 PM)ThePheonix Wrote: As you mentioned, Nintendo is just playing around with the Switch to be able to explore their bounds and their limits. I think that the 'Let's Go Eevee!' and 'Let's Go Pikachu!' Spin-offs are a start... But when it was announced, I thought that it would maybe introduce a new Eeveelution but otherwise, I think that's the only disappointment for me...

Well, I'm very excited! I don't know what's in store, but I find my friends who weren't big on Pokémon besides Go are interested in LGP/LGE, and now I'll get to share that with them. They never played any of the core series, but now they may join me in something close to it.

And then, yeah, it's a buildup to what's to come. Then the eventual DPPt remake will be a big step up from the originals (as I found those to be my least favorite games of the series).

I didn't find DPPt half bad because of my team... I had Luxray, Infernape, Leafeon, Vaporeon, Garchomp and Staraptor for HM02 and it's a heavy hitter... I was overall really attached to this team... Mostly Garchomp...
(Jun. 20, 2018  4:58 PM)ThePheonix Wrote: I didn't find DPPt half bad because of my team... I had Luxray, Infernape, Leafeon, Vaporeon, Garchomp and Staraptor for HM02 and it's a heavy hitter... I was overall really attached to this team... Mostly Garchomp...

I almost always get attached to my teams. Only replays seem to get less from me.

It was just my least favorite. (One has to be a least favorite, right?) The Underground was a step backward with the secret bases I loved so much in RSE. The controls didn't take advantage of the DS's features that much. When Game Freak made HGSS, there was a clear step up in quality and things really felt right.

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire were amazing, as were SM and USUM, so I'm hoping after they get some practice for the Switch, Game Freak will pull off something awesome.
I had lots of legendaries, shinies, mythicals, even my first pokemon I ever got on an ultra sun game. Then I lost the game. ?
(Jun. 20, 2018  8:57 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(Jun. 20, 2018  4:58 PM)ThePheonix Wrote: I didn't find DPPt half bad because of my team... I had Luxray, Infernape, Leafeon, Vaporeon, Garchomp and Staraptor for HM02 and it's a heavy hitter... I was overall really attached to this team... Mostly Garchomp...

I almost always get attached to my teams. Only replays seem to get less from me.

It was just my least favorite. (One has to be a least favorite, right?) The Underground was a step backward with the secret bases I loved so much in RSE. The controls didn't take advantage of the DS's features that much. When Game Freak made HGSS, there was a clear step up in quality and things really felt right.

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire were amazing, as were SM and USUM, so I'm hoping after they get some practice for the Switch, Game Freak will pull off something awesome.
I didn't find Sun and Moon thatinteresting so I decided to spice it up by keeping my Litten in the PC Box and got my self 6 Eevees (Yeah, I'm an Eevee lover) and Evolved all except one for the Eeveezium Z move...(it's RAD).

Also, I didn't really tag along with the Trials idea and, really miss the gyms and the hard training that comes before that... Now, there's not much competitiveness in it... In one of the Trails, you have to literally grab ingredients and then make a food and battle ONE Pokémon... Fine, it's a Pokémon one steroids but still, it doesn't bring any variations to the battle...
(Jun. 21, 2018  5:35 AM)ThePheonix Wrote: I didn't find Sun and Moon thatinteresting so I decided to spice it up by keeping my Litten in the PC Box and got my self 6 Eevees (Yeah, I'm an Eevee lover) and Evolved all except one for the Eeveezium Z move...(it's RAD).

Also, I didn't really tag along with the Trials idea and, really miss the gyms and the hard training that comes before that... Now, there's not much competitiveness in it... In one of the Trails, you have to literally grab ingredients and then make a food and battle ONE Pokémon... Fine, it's a Pokémon one steroids but still, it doesn't bring any variations to the battle...

To each their own, I guess. I don't really find the gyms in Pokémon games to be challenging. Grind and done, that's it. Just something to mark off the list.

So to me, this was rather refreshing. After nearly 20 years of the same thing, they did something different. The Elite Four is where the real challenge starts, as you are locked into your team and what you carry for healing. And they kept that, and I thought that was really the only aspect worth keeping.

Plus, it reminded me very much of the Orange Islands in the anime. So I'm glad they're willing to take risks, because no, Pokémon isn't about the gyms to me. Just like Pokémon isn't about having HMs, which were also totally sacrificed (best decision since unbreakable TMs).

Also, who doesn't love Eevee? There's at least one stage for everyone to like, if not them all, haha.
(Jun. 21, 2018  6:13 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: Plus, it reminded me very much of the Orange Islands in the anime. So I'm glad they're willing to take risks, because no, Pokémon isn't about the gyms to me. Just like Pokémon isn't about having HMs, which were also totally sacrificed (best decision since unbreakable TMs).

Yeah, I like the fact that you don't need to carry your HM slave to the Victory Road or in this case, Vast Pony Canyon... Not saying I'm a hater to the game but just most of it doesn't match my style.

And yeah, we seem to have different ideals including the rP gimmick Tongue_out
Yeah, and differences in opinions make the world interesting. :)

I still remember playing Red out in the shade on a summer day. We'd all be playing together with our Gameboy Colors, doing our best to see with those glare-y old screens, haha. And I feel since Black and White, Game Freak has been steadily building back to those old times. Where I imagined a lot and played with ideas in my head, seeing the anime do things I couldn't, and playing lots of pretend.

I didn't think X and Y could be beat after seeing what was pulled off, but boy.... Sun and Moon felt so much like the world I built in my head as a kid, and all the color to boot. And I enjoy so much how flexible the Pokémon series has become. So many different options to explore and ways to play.

Haha, I'd better get some sleep. So late already.
There was a game ( a MOD version , I suppose ) of Pokemon which looked like Mario *( I played it in my computer and in that instead of Bowser an EVIL - Recolour of CHARIZARD appeared and we could play as Weedle ( instead of charmilion ), Rattata ( instead of squirtle ), Paras ( instead of balbasore)
and the pokemon we had to rescue was Gardvoir
I recently picked up Pokemon White. Always wanted to play the game, It's really run.
Hey quick question, for those who have played Pokémon games, which of them is your favourite? Mine would definitely be Pokémon Black 2...
(Jun. 24, 2018  1:19 PM)ThePheonix Wrote: Hey quick question, for those who have played Pokémon games, which of them is your favourite? Mine would definitely be Pokémon Black 2...

I have played every generation, and my favorite one is probably Ultra Sun
(Jun. 24, 2018  1:19 PM)ThePheonix Wrote: Hey quick question, for those who have played Pokémon games, which of them is your favourite? Mine would definitely be Pokémon Black 2...

Ruby, first game I ever played and I loved it.
(Jun. 24, 2018  1:23 PM)SUGOI-KONICHEWA Wrote:

Ruby, first game I ever played and I loved it.

Pokémon White was the first game that I every played but my favourite is the sequel. Also, I don’t know why Gen5 gets so much hate...
Just Completed Ultra Sun On Citra 3ds emulator.

Favorite game yet Pokemon Fire red, and other Firered based Mods