PlayStation Vita - Launch on February 22, 2012 (NA/EU) at $249/$299

I bought a 3DS recently so I think I'll hold out on this one.

The new WipEout looks amazing but I've always been a WipEout fanboy.
the good looking games are gravity, littlebigplanet, little deviants, & that new bioshock.

i'll probably be able to ignore it until bioshock, then i'm sold.
I bet the 3ds is better(sorry i didnt know this was spamming at that timeSpeechless)
BladingSpirit5 hell no!!! my friend has 3ds it sucks kinda it's not even proper 3d and the graphics suck look NGP Has two anolog stics plus there going to make a call of duty game on it and i think the game is only on NGP
(Jun. 15, 2011  3:30 PM)BladingSpirit5 Wrote: I bet the 3ds is better

This thread is about the PSVita, not the 3DS. If you don't like it, don't spam this topic.
(Jun. 15, 2011  3:39 PM)TheChosen1 Wrote: BladingSpirit5 hell no!!! my friend has 3ds it sucks kinda it's not even proper 3d and the graphics suck look NGP Has two anolog stics plus there going to make a call of duty game on it and i think the game is only on NGP

No need to rant a game you don't even own; trying it is different from owning it.
Confirmed to be able to use Skype. But cynicism arises over the ability to play games online over 3G.

Hmm...
(Jun. 07, 2011  11:37 AM)To Wrote: The games (read as: the self-pimpage) are getting interesting.

E3 2011 Sizzle Trailer revealed these:
Virtua Tennis 4
Shinobido 2: Tales of the Ninja
Untitled Dynasty Warriors
Dragon's Crown

We also have games with their own trailers:
LittleBigPlanet
Modnation Racers
Hot Shots Golf
Little Deviants
Sound Shapes
Super Star Dust Delta
Smart As
Reality Fighters
Hustle Kings
Top Darts
WipEout 2048

Outside of that we got a even more game announcements, sadly some are just logos:
Street Fighter x Tekken
Dust 514
Ruin
Bioshock
Oddworld Games
Silent Hill: Book of Memories
Mr. Inkjet
Ridge Racer
Blazblue Continuum Shift II Plus

We also got features detailed, new developer support list, and some product information.

Okay, that's enough self-promotion for a while...

Personally, my favourites games have to be LittleBigPlanet, Modnation, and Sound Shapes. I'm just a bit afraid big third parties are reluctant to support the device.

they are not reluctant
http://www.pspgweber.com/999/full-3rd-pa...-vita.html
thats alot of 3rd party devolopers
i shouldnt of quoted that

that is way too long
Today Kazuo Hirai, the head of the Network Services at Sony Electronics told investors that the PlayStation Vita is now scheduled for a 2012 launch in European, and North American markets. Stating that due to software, they couldn’t launch the platform in those markets within calendar 2011. This isn’t completely surprising given Jack Tretton, and other Sony executives have said there’s a chance Vita would only make it out in 1 territory this year, it is alarming given Nintendo will have both North America, and Europe for themselves at $169 with Super Mario 3D Land, and Mario Kart 7.

Well, I guess I can’t fault them for not wanting to live up to its No Games Portable codename…
No Games Portable (My Blog)

I mentioned my feelings on the site. While I understand that manufacturing, and getting a good software lineup is key, it is very poor to let Nintendo command the entire market for themselves.
Don't have a specific personal opinion on it, but I agree that the news is disheartening for Sony at least.
I think the PSP is the only handheld that can be sold for this rediculous price, but even so, I can buy a PS3 for the same amount O_O The 3DS never sold at $249, what makes Sony different?
(Aug. 16, 2011  4:35 AM)GPerseus Master Wrote: I think the PSP is the only handheld that can be sold for this rediculous price, but even so, I can buy a PS3 for the same amount O_O The 3DS never sold at $249, what makes Sony different?

It did until recently.
(Aug. 16, 2011  4:49 AM)NoodooSoup Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2011  4:35 AM)GPerseus Master Wrote: I think the PSP is the only handheld that can be sold for this rediculous price, but even so, I can buy a PS3 for the same amount O_O The 3DS never sold at $249, what makes Sony different?

It did until recently.

He means it didn't sell well. The difference is that Nintendo cares a tonne about market share, where it seems Sony doesn't at this moment. I suspect they'd rather have a niche, but highly lucrative platform than shoot for the stars and bleed money while doing so.
Yeah, when I heard the 3DS dropped to $169 I was like :o The only reason I see the Vita selling is because of the 3G. Imagine: Call of Duty for Vita and with online multiplayer. AT&T's servers would overload lol.
So wait a second, your saying you can only use the 3G if you have AT&T?
(Aug. 17, 2011  2:10 AM)GPerseus Master Wrote: Yeah, when I heard the 3DS dropped to $169 I was like :o The only reason I see the Vita selling is because of the 3G. Imagine: Call of Duty for Vita and with online multiplayer. AT&T's servers would overload lol.
Really? The only reason? IT HAS A GOOD LINEUP other than Call of Duty. It is a PS3 in your pocket, it has cool gimmicks, and it's a powerful gaming system, plus a social networking device! And you're saying tnat it's only going to sell because of 3G and Call of Duty?! What is wrong with you?! [/rant]

And blitzydaunicorn, yes, only AT&T works with the 3G model.
3G probably isn't powerful enough to allow you to play something like CoD online. It should be good for Hot Shots Golf and stuff...
Does 3G allow you to play online? (no critizing the dumb question please)

and is there a monster hunter title confirmed for the vita?
Man, I thought this thing was just a waste of money, until I read more into it... This thing is beutiful. Dosn't it have 3D capabilities as well? I saw somewhere they had it for preorder, and had a normal version and a 3D version... but I think my bad sight saw 3D instead of 3G. The rear touchpads=awesome, touchscreen=awesome, gyroscopic sensors=awesome. Just needs to drop its price, come out, and I may buy it. I still enjoy my 3DS, though. This may trump it in new gaming tech, and I wouldn't be surprised if it sells out if they drop the price. I'm actually looking forward to this thing!
it would be funny if a bunch of people got 3ds's on launch date
I feel like this is a random post
(Oct. 07, 2011  6:39 PM)~X~ Wrote: Man, I thought this thing was just a waste of money, until I read more into it... This thing is beutiful. Dosn't it have 3D capabilities as well? I saw somewhere they had it for preorder, and had a normal version and a 3D version... but I think my bad sight saw 3D instead of 3G. The rear touchpads=awesome, touchscreen=awesome, gyroscopic sensors=awesome. Just needs to drop its price, come out, and I may buy it. I still enjoy my 3DS, though. This may trump it in new gaming tech, and I wouldn't be surprised if it sells out if they drop the price. I'm actually looking forward to this thing!

There's no version with a 3D display, you must've mistaken the listing for the 3G version. The added cost of a 3D sceen would've pushed Sony to lose more money per Vita unit sold, or increase the purchase price assuming they kept the rest of the hardware the same. Neither's really attractive for a mass market consumer device.
North American, and European launch dates have been confirmed for February 22, 2012.
(Oct. 19, 2011  1:02 AM)To Wrote: North American, and European launch dates have been confirmed for February 22, 2012.

Oh that sucks... I was hoping that it would come out in January for my birthday Unhappy
At IGN.com they show the full list of games that are getting released with the console.
February, huh?

Man, I'm just afraid when I buy my new PS3 soon that Sony will announce some other new console at E3 2012.
There are rumors of a PS 4 coming out in 2012/2013 but those are just rumors. Are you really going to get a vita and a PS3? They are almost the same thing.