PlayStation Vita - Launch on February 22, 2012 (NA/EU) at $249/$299

(Oct. 24, 2011  3:50 AM)blitzydaunicorn Wrote: Are you really going to get a vita and a PS3? They are almost the same thing.

Except one is a portable console and the other is a home console. And the fact that they each have totally different selection of games. And one can play Blu-Rays while the other can't. And one has 3G while the other doesn't.

In the end, they're two totally different consoles. That was a quite stupid statement, there, pal...

Also, I think I'll wait until they announce a North American release date for Persona 4: The Golden (There better be one, Atlus!) before maddly seeking a Vita out. I don't want to relive the horror I lived while trying to get a Wii upon release date Pinching_eyes_2
Hey guys,heard that you can get Vita before December if you go to the TGS 2011.Only 80 Vita Models sold there though.Anyone knows when it is?I want a PS Vita.Dude:-One has touch screen while the other doesn't.Is the 3G only compactible with AT&T?
(Oct. 25, 2011  12:42 PM)Dude Wrote:
(Oct. 24, 2011  3:50 AM)blitzydaunicorn Wrote: Are you really going to get a vita and a PS3? They are almost the same thing.

Except one is a portable console and the other is a home console. And the fact that they each have totally different selection of games. And one can play Blu-Rays while the other can't. And one has 3G while the other doesn't.

In the end, they're two totally different consoles. That was a quite stupid statement, there, pal...

I will over look your patronizing attitude and say of course they have some differences but the core gaming style and even games for that matter are very similar. Heck, I dont even think he would use it for Blu-Ray.
Sorry, I'm naturally cynically insulting to everyone, especially when it comes to gaming. It's nothing personnal ^^'

Anyway, buying a PS3 was the best gaming-related thing I've done, so yes, I do think he should at least buy that console. As for the Vita, I wouldn't know if it's really worth it, yet XD
If he's into Japanese games, and didn't own a PSP, he should buy a Vita over the PS3. If he's in to shooters, then PS3 is good for him.

Though that raises the question as to why someone who's into Japanese games doesn't own a PSP.
(Oct. 25, 2011  4:53 PM)Dude Wrote: Sorry, I'm naturally cynically insulting to everyone, especially when it comes to gaming. It's nothing personnal ^^'

Anyway, buying a PS3 was the best gaming-related thing I've done, so yes, I do think he should at least buy that console. As for the Vita, I wouldn't know if it's really worth it, yet XD

Ya you are right. We will just have to wait and see if the vita is worth buying. To me, it looks really nice and has a lot of cool features.
Get a PSP and experience it.If it is worth it,buy Vita.Vita is a newer version of PSP,IMO.Why no one answer my question?I will sell my PSP and GBA for the Vita.Add some money,and I can buy it.
Tongue_out
I doubt you'll even get five bucks for a Gameboy Advance, pal.
no one would trade new branded vita for a GBA..lol..
i dont really think it is wise to buy it while it is just out the market..the only games you can play is originals one..

Besides..no PSP can outrated PS3..while you have PS3..its the heaven of all gamers..
I meant sell.K,And I got lots more of money in my bank,which is most probably enough .Plus,No use for me to get PS3.My father will get it soon for the family,hah.I don't want to waste my money on that,
Just preorder at gamestop XD cant wait til its release. Im sooo going to get uncharted and littlebigplanet.
I hope you preordered a memory card as well, since you'll need one, and unfortunately the cheapest is 4GB at $25...
I am quite excited with this.I heard you can buy some kind of battery thing that lasts for 10 Hours.Well,the games are nice.
(Dec. 03, 2011  8:36 PM)Whatzzer Wrote: I am quite excited with this.I heard you can buy some kind of battery thing that lasts for 10 Hours.Well,the games are nice.

where did you hear this?
In a gaming magazine I always buy at the newsgagent nearest to
Me.In Malaysia.
(Dec. 03, 2011  8:54 PM)Whatzzer Wrote: In a gaming magazine I always buy at the newsgagent nearest to
Me.In Malaysia.

Oh thats cool. I personly like gameinformer but thats just me.
What games are you going to get?
Uncharted Golden Abyss.But most importantly,FIFA12.The must get for all extreme footballers.I can get it through my PSP,but I want it through PSVita.
Found the website with the battery information.
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/71...e-console/
I am definitely getting this Smile
Meh.I was right.I'm pretty sure 80 Lucky people have gotten it by now,by going to TGS 2011
You didn't get a Vita by going to TGS, the only people who have them are the factory workers in China, developers, and thieves, haha.
Eh,wait.I read in the magazine,it says if you want Vita before 17 Dec,then go to TGS2011.At a date I don't know.Only 80 Vita's there.
Those were units they set up for people to play at TGS. Not take home with them, haha.
(Dec. 05, 2011  9:02 PM)To Wrote: Those were units they set up for people to play at TGS. Not take home with them, haha.

Unless they are the thieves LOL
Ya I agree with whatzzer. I thought u can buy them early there?
I've got a question...

Will the Vita be region free? And if it is, does that mean that I'd be able to play PSP Japanese games, like for the PS3?
Vita games are region-free.

As PSP backwards compatibility is limited to PlayStation Store only, you can't really import PSP games. You can set up a Japanese account and download what you want from Japan (be it Vita, or PSP games) but you can only have 1 PSN account active on a Vita at a time. So, say you put your Canadian account on your Vita first, and then login to your Japanese account, anything you downloaded on the Canadian account will be unplayable until you login back to the Canadian account. You'll obviously need either a Wi-Fi or 3G connection to switch accounts. IIRC you may actually have to do a memory card reset on Vita after account switches. It's a bit aggravating.

What's worse is that Canadians won't be able to do that account switch on the fly anywhere as the 3G model has been confirmed to not be released in Canada until after launch. Sony blames our mobile phone operators, and I blame them too.

Here's memory card prices (and for some games, memory cards will be required to boot):
4 GB $19.99
8 GB $29.99
16 GB $59.99
32 GB $99.99

There's also a First Edition bundle:

[Image: h3CbN.jpg]

US Bundle:
3G/Wi-Fi PlayStation Vita ($299)
4GB Memory Card ($19)
Little Deviants ($39)
Case ($14)
Price: $349

Canadian Bundle:
Wi-Fi PlayStation Vita ($249)
Little Deviants ($39)
Case ($14)
Price: $299

Best Buy Canada was actually offering Rewards Member promo where if you preordered the First Edition you'd get Uncharted: Golden Abyss ($50) for free.