PlayStation Vita - Launch on February 22, 2012 (NA/EU) at $249/$299

Rumor
Rumor
Rumor

In an Ubisoft survey that was conducted, it asked readers how likely it was that they'd buy an NGP given a launch price of $250, and if they would pay $350 for the 3G variant. Is this an accurate price prediction by a major third party? Only time will tell.

Rumor
Rumor
Rumor
Tonne of new screenshots have been released of the following:

Uncharted: Golden Abyss
WipEout 2048
Hustle Kings
Little Deviants
Reality Fighters
Untitled NGP Game
Untitled NGP Game 2

Here's a sample:

[Image: EqEN4.jpg]

Also, it appears the device may be named "Veta", as a number of Sony sites (development, and otherwise) have alluded to that name.
DAT PRICE

DAY ONE DGFASDFGASDFA
Totally getting this. At $249, Nintendo is in trouble.
this looks realy nice.a good system.but i imagin it would be pretty big to play a ps3 game.my freind kept saying "it will be 3d".even though i new it wouldnt.but sonys realy realized their prob with 3ds and are steping it up with this.im still woundering which one will proced.3ds our ngp.a hard choice.and before every one goes crazy on mr saying"it will beat 3ds it has better grphics."i tell this to my freinds and nearly everybody but"games arent just graphics,i dont play them for that as long as their fun and have a nice story im good."dont get me wrong graphics are good but not everything.but i must say sonys going on a wild run here with this.i will get it when it comes out.im not a fanboy i buy all consels,but i will get this.this is nice,interesting,and defiently a powerful device.a good grab when its out.
The problem I have with Sony's PSP is (I have played it and this is my un-biased opinion) is that they focus too much on the graphics, and less on making games that haven't been ported 1,000,000,000 times. How many times have we seen some sort of Killzone, FPS, or sucky RPG? Yeah, it has 3G, but I'm about to get a really good phone in a couple months, and I have a 3DS with still, really good graphics (including a $1500 3D graphics chip) and fun, intuitive, casual games. How many times have we seen a tablet PC? This is a smaller one that plays the same, recycled PS2/PS3 vers. games, with a "Oh so wundurfel skreen tat haz duh bes grafiks and looks kool" and a touch-screen (iPhone, iPod Touch, DS line, iPad, all other tablet PCs.) To me, a waste of money. I'll go buy a 200-250 dollar PS3...
finaly someone who understands thank you
Nintendo also focuses too much on gimmick which can draw away from competitive play so it goes both ways. Sony has always been focused on graphics because Sony is originally a company founded on A/V electronics. Nintendo will always be a kid friendly gaming industry because that is what they started as. XBox/Microsoft will always be communications and networking because that is what Microsoft was founded on.

It's just common sense. That is why you buy a Playstation because you know what to expect. Good graphics and a hunt for a game with a decent story line/game play.
(Jun. 07, 2011  3:30 AM)Meteo L-Alchemy Wrote: The problem I have with Sony's PSP is (I have played it and this is my un-biased opinion) is that they focus too much on the graphics, and less on making games that haven't been ported 1,000,000,000 times. How many times have we seen some sort of Killzone, FPS, or sucky RPG? Yeah, it has 3G, but I'm about to get a really good phone in a couple months, and I have a 3DS with still, really good graphics (including a $1500 3D graphics chip) and fun, intuitive, casual games. How many times have we seen a tablet PC? This is a smaller one that plays the same, recycled PS2/PS3 vers. games, with a "Oh so wundurfel skreen tat haz duh bes grafiks and looks kool" and a touch-screen (iPhone, iPod Touch, DS line, iPad, all other tablet PCs.) To me, a waste of money. I'll go buy a 200-250 dollar PS3...

Best. Post. Ever.
Finally, someone NOT bagging on my new fav handheld. (MML3 YAY!)
But I'm going to try to get the NGP...
The PSP was okay... But too little games. (And I don't like FPSs.)
(Jun. 07, 2011  3:30 AM)Meteo L-Alchemy Wrote: The problem I have with Sony's PSP is (I have played it and this is my un-biased opinion) is that they focus too much on the graphics, and less on making games that haven't been ported 1,000,000,000 times. How many times have we seen some sort of Killzone, FPS, or sucky RPG? Yeah, it has 3G, but I'm about to get a really good phone in a couple months, and I have a 3DS with still, really good graphics (including a $1500 3D graphics chip) and fun, intuitive, casual games. How many times have we seen a tablet PC? This is a smaller one that plays the same, recycled PS2/PS3 vers. games, with a "Oh so wundurfel skreen tat haz duh bes grafiks and looks kool" and a touch-screen (iPhone, iPod Touch, DS line, iPad, all other tablet PCs.) To me, a waste of money. I'll go buy a 200-250 dollar PS3...

Wut!?

You should probably wait until Nintendo's E3 presser before you have a huge meltdown...

None of the games Sony have announced are ports. They may be games in the same franchise, but they're not the same games. LittleBigPlanet is hugely different from the PSP and PS3 versions. Same goes for Killzone, and Uncharted.

It's also very telling you're dismissing Sony for relying on the same genres when Nintendo has yet to announce a big IP for the 3DS (I don't count Steel Diver as big), and instead is relying on ports/remakes of their own games. I'm not even lying here. Their big summer release is Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and Star Fox 64. Come on.

Nor is their 3D screen $1500... It costs them more like $30-$50 to make.
A large number of nintendo fans wathed machinimas PSP Vita VS 3DS and they kept trolling The VIdeo i see it the nintendo fans cant accept the NGP btw can you play games made for PS3 there?
Wait you said something about wifi in the OP. You're talking about it being able to connect to it right? Or being able to actually MAKE wifi?
(Jun. 07, 2011  5:53 AM)Raigeko13 Wrote: Wait you said something about wifi in the OP. You're talking about it being able to connect to it right? Or being able to actually MAKE wifi?

Connect to a WiFi hotspot. It has Bluetooth, so you could tether it to a phone on a 3G, or 4G connection and use the internet via that.

Or you can buy the $299 model which includes the 3G modem. That'll require a service plan from like AT&T in the US.

I'll update the OP later.
Ahh, thank you for clearing that up To.
The games (read as: the self-pimpage) are getting interesting.

E3 2011 Sizzle Trailer revealed these:
Virtua Tennis 4
Shinobido 2: Tales of the Ninja
Untitled Dynasty Warriors
Dragon's Crown

We also have games with their own trailers:
LittleBigPlanet
Modnation Racers
Hot Shots Golf
Little Deviants
Sound Shapes
Super Star Dust Delta
Smart As
Reality Fighters
Hustle Kings
Top Darts
WipEout 2048

Outside of that we got a even more game announcements, sadly some are just logos:
Street Fighter x Tekken
Dust 514
Ruin
Bioshock
Oddworld Games
Silent Hill: Book of Memories
Mr. Inkjet
Ridge Racer
Blazblue Continuum Shift II Plus

We also got features detailed, new developer support list, and some product information.

Okay, that's enough self-promotion for a while...

Personally, my favourites games have to be LittleBigPlanet, Modnation, and Sound Shapes. I'm just a bit afraid big third parties are reluctant to support the device.
(Jun. 07, 2011  11:37 AM)To Wrote: Personally, my favourites games have to be LittleBigPlanet, Modnation, and Sound Shapes. I'm just a bit afraid big third parties are reluctant to support the device.

How come? (Genuine question, no sarcasm)
I'm left unimpressed by this new console, honestly. It feels like just a better version of the PSP, which didn't impress me to begin with.

I do believe I'll stick with home consoles. Some of the announced games are just improved versions of games that already exist on the PSP, like Blazblue: Continuum Shift II Plus (Stupidest name ever) and Bioshock. Other titltes just don't seem interesting at all. I'm not gonna pay twice for a game with a few minor changes. That's ridiculous.

Anyone who buys that absurd console for 250 bucks really likes to waste money (And, coming from me, that's saying something)
(Jun. 07, 2011  5:33 PM)Dude Wrote: I'm left unimpressed by this new console, honestly. It feels like just a better version of the PSP, which didn't impress me to begin with.

I do believe I'll stick with home consoles. Some of the announced games are just improved versions of games that already exist on the PSP, like Blazblue: Continuum Shift II Plus (Stupidest name ever) and Bioshock. Other titltes just don't seem interesting at all. I'm not gonna pay twice for a game with a few minor changes. That's ridiculous.

Anyone who buys that absurd console for 250 bucks really likes to waste money (And, coming from me, that's saying something)
It really depends on the titles that are going to be released. If a company can use the 3G feature to produce a decent MMO, then it is 100% buying the $350 version.

Outside of that, I don't own a PS3 nor do I care to since all the major titles are available for xbox so I stick to handheld.
(Jun. 07, 2011  5:53 PM)Deikailo Wrote: It really depends on the titles that are going to be released. If a company can use the 3G feature to produce a decent MMO, then it is 100% buying the $350 version.

Outside of that, I don't own a PS3 nor do I care to since all the major titles are available for xbox so I stick to handheld.

I don't really think you'll be playing MMOs on the go using 3G - Data plans will make this prohibitive.

(Jun. 07, 2011  5:33 PM)Dude Wrote: I'm left unimpressed by this new console, honestly. It feels like just a better version of the PSP, which didn't impress me to begin with.

I think this argument can be extended to a lot of releases to be honest - most games are revisions of each other and this isn't a new trend at all. Except with the Vita, there is genuine innovation with the rear touchpad and touchscreen. The "minor changes" you're getting with many of the announced games for Vita blow their PSP versions out of the water. The majority of gamers think $250 is an absolute bargain for the hardware this has, too.
(Jun. 07, 2011  5:53 PM)Deikailo Wrote: If a company can use the 3G feature to produce a decent MMO, then it is 100% buying the $350 version.

Yeah, I kinda doubt we'll be seeing that.

Final Fantasy XIV, anyone?
(Jun. 07, 2011  3:02 PM)♥ Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2011  11:37 AM)To Wrote: Personally, my favourites games have to be LittleBigPlanet, Modnation, and Sound Shapes. I'm just a bit afraid big third parties are reluctant to support the device.

How come? (Genuine question, no sarcasm)

If you're referring the games. LBP, MR and Sound Shapes provide experiences that can't be replicated on the 3DS, PSP, or PS3. The freedom of creation in all three of those games will be immense.

I look at how Modnation uses the backtouch for creating mountain terrain by registering pressure sensitive movements, or how you can do track design, and it all looks so natural. It all looks so easy.

The same goes for LittleBigPlanet.

Sound Shapes in particular just looks so amazing. It's made by Jonathan Mak (Everyday Shooter) and his studio. The aim to create a music making platformer is just so cool.

But the best of all is that these games, even if they didn't start off as a handheld game - are handheld games. They suit the mold of pick up and play.

However, Gravity, a game made by the Siren team looks pretty awesome.

If you're referring to my fear of third party support... that stems from their E3 presentation. Sony traditionally touts their third party support like a badge. It's part of the reason third parties stick to Sony like glue, when they're allergic to Nintendo. Yet last night there was no Hideo Kojima. There was no Square Enix showcasing some crazy Final Fantasy, and Kingdom Hearts games. Heck, there wasn't even Ubisoft selling us the same games they'll port to iOS in months for $3. It was only Street Fighter x Tekken. Capcom didn't even try to lie to us with Devil May Cry, and Resident Evil games that only exist in the form of logos. That really scares me.

Sony has said that they've designed the Vita so that games should barely cost more than PSP games to develop (which is kind of insane), and I know the three mentioned above will bring games eventually, but when?

I may be over-reacting a bit, since I know TGS, Gamescom, and the time in between will bring a flood of game announcements. Heck, once their press conference ended we almost immediately started hearing about Ridge Racer, Blazblue, Mr. Inkjet, etc. But it's just not Sony... Though I guess one could argue Vita isn't really Sony either. It's different than the things they've made in the past. It does things no one else has done in this industry, and uses off the shelf parts rather than developing the parts themselves.

(Jun. 07, 2011  6:19 PM)Dude Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2011  5:53 PM)Deikailo Wrote: If a company can use the 3G feature to produce a decent MMO, then it is 100% buying the $350 version.

Yeah, I kinda doubt we'll be seeing that.

Final Fantasy XIV, anyone?

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss. While Square Enix probably won't bring an MMO to the table, last night Sony announced that Dust 514, a PS3/PC MMO would have Vita compatibility. As well, Japan's Level 5 was very interested in using the 3G location based, and delivery options for a weekly serialized gaming experience. Level 5 has Vita projects, and in the past experienced huge interested in MMO gaming (and in fact had an MMO in development before Microsoft cancelled it).

The 3G itself seems pretty cool, as the 3G model has the GPS unit (the WiFi model uses a passive GPS that works, but not to the same degree) it'll allow for treasure hunting, buying games off the PSN Store, to be an everywhere event.

I just fear the charges...
To Wrote:Words

Being a lazy bum, I only read the part that concerned me.

As if I was going to read all that.

Anyway, yeah, I guess some other company could give a shot at making a decent MMO for it, but would it really be worth the 250$? Because really, other than that hypothetical good MMO, nothing really catches my attention.
I'm at the point in which I've become almost handheld dependent, and much rather play games on that OLED screen than my TV (and because it's OLED, it'll look better than my TV). It has a bunch of inputs that developers are just slowly getting the hang of, and I think the 3G (which I imagine will be the suffix for many games - say Megaman Legends 3D on 3DS, and Megaman Legends 3G on Vita) could provide some nice networking features. Like I mentioned earlier, I'm just a bit afraid of the third party situation since the E3 reveal was Nintendo like in terms of showcasing major third party software. I'm also afraid Rogers (or whoever) gets the service contract will gouge us with some insane plan. Luckily, there is still WiFi.

The Phantasy Star guys hinted at January that they'd bring an online experience onto the device. Thinking about Phantasy Star Online 2 on it... makes me realize I already have PSP2! haha
Haha, I'm guessing Dude might like this. It appears Arc System Works are testing out 3G for Blazblue Vita, which will be the first handheld Blazblue to use the arcade/console game assets, and have an online mode.