PlayStation Vita - Launch on February 22, 2012 (NA/EU) at $249/$299

lol, move was to compete with natal without the chance of plagurism but forgot bout wii.
psp 2 is not a copy of 3ds as it isnt in 3d, it has 1 screen and just because it is touch screen it becomes a copy of nintendo? seriously. its touch screen back is original and for you to think its a copy must mean you kno nothing about games!!!
I never said it was copying, I just said 3DS FTW, but I did however, say that move was a copy of the wiimote, and you don't have to be Einstein's grandchild to work that out.
(Jan. 27, 2011  11:06 PM)ErazmusG Wrote: But that said, reviewers seem to be raving about the 3DS' one compared to the old PSP's, I wonder if they've bothered to improve it with the NGP.

Third line in the OP:

Quote:Full specs and news are currently tba as the event is ongoing. What Sony has confirmed so far:

- Codenamed NGP
- Two analog stick (full sticks no nubs)

They're full sticks, not nubs or pads like what was on the PSP and 3DS. It's comparable to that of what's on the 360 and PS3 controllers. It's better than both the 3DS and PSP solution by miles apparently.
Sorry, two analogue sticks then, oh, the possibilities, that could be perfect for some microgame madness, I imagine some sort of warioware like game.
I'm slightly concerned that Sony mentioned that the battery will not be removable. They state that it's because of the touchpad, but it's likely them not allowing any battery exploit to expose holes in the software like certain people did with the PSP.

Yoshida also confirmed that PSP games running on the NGP will indeed have some enhancements over what the game looked on the PSP. I'm hoping for dithering removal, and some AA (this is highly unlikely).
(Jan. 27, 2011  9:51 PM)ErazmusG Wrote: 3DS FTW, seriously, all Sony has done this generation of consoles is copy nintendo, exhibit A: playstation move, that thing is a wiimote with a discoball on top.
[/quote='To' pid='524598' dateline='12961461']

Is this a joke post? You mention the 3DS (which borrows somethings from a certain Sony handheld), and then immediatedly claim Sony plagiarism with an unrelated platform.

Edit: Anyways, GameSpot is streaming the entire press conference. The Japanese people have been dubbed in English by some woman. It's kind of scary actually, haha.

what? tell me what did Nintendo copy from psp? the 3D? Baby that alredy exists for a long time and even if they copied it from sony the inproved it cuz they made it no-glasses tequenologi
(Jan. 29, 2011  12:15 AM)skyforce Wrote: what? tell me what did Nintendo copy from psp? the 3D? Baby that alredy exists for a long time and even if they copied it from sony the inproved it cuz they made it no-glasses tequenologi

It wasn't the 3D. It's the single analog nub, and the emphasis on ARGs that they never once showed a sign of interest in until Sony had success with it. Things in this industry are like that, someone creates a novel idea and someone else improves upon it. There's a billion different first person shooters that have improved upon the concept built in games like Wolfenstein. It's the way most industries work, and it's an accepted fact. It's just that it appears Nintendo fans have this a defense mechanism that makes them think that Nintendo invented things, like touchscreens, even though there were touchscreens in handhelds nearly a decade before the DS was announced and that no one else is able to use or improve upon them, and if they claim they do, they must be lying... I call this mechanism the "derp derp disorder".
Screen size (I believe):
http://www.imagebam.com/image/71b14a117165849

Hardware size comparison:
http://www.imagebam.com/image/afc0df117165665

(Jan. 28, 2011  5:29 AM)To Wrote: but it's likely them not allowing any battery exploit to expose holes in the software like certain people did with the PSP.

This is correct.
I subbed to IGN...... Apparently Sony is releasing two versions, 3G and non-3G. This supposed to help people save so much money for people.
So the NGP's 3G has been confirmed that it will not be free.
SCE's boss (Sony Computer Entertainment) has confirmed that the NGP's 3G connectivity will not be a free service, meaning contracts with mobile phone providers will almost certainly be involved (i.e. monthly payment).

That the NGP’s 3G will be a hard sell, if not an impossible one. A reaction from another forum below:
Quote:“It’s finished.”

“If this is true, then it’s already done for in the Japanese market.

Consumers will never accept the notion of paying ¥3000-¥4000 monthly for a game console which they can’t use as a phone or for anything else.

And the parents will never let their kids have these. Without schoolchildren it won’t take root.”

A non-3G model has been confirmed and the have carefully marketed the subscription plan.
This looks pretty cool. They've really upgraded the PSP...
Well no duh the 3G service was going to cost money. It's not Kindle where the content you're buying is at most 10MB in size, there are current PSP games on PSN that are 1.6GB in size.
This PSP2/NGP news has got me sprung. I seriously will spend the highest price for this if I need to....
The first day it was announced, GameStop priced it at a whopping $999, then removed it entirely the next day. I wonder why?
Gamestop just puts up guesses, when the 3DS was revealed they put up a $999 preorder page as well.

Here's
an almost direct feed 720p video of the Sony software showcase:

[Image: 0QGQT.jpg]

[Image: qmU7o.jpg]

[Image: AQe9v.jpg]

[Image: xMf9L.jpg]

[Image: mf6Zy.jpg]

[Image: 5cLRq.jpg]

[Image: gJmGk.jpg]

Note: These games will look better since these images are captures of a Youtube video that have been resized, and slightly scaled.

Captures done by Gofreak of NeoGAF.
Sony's Next Generation Handheld Portatble gaming system looks sweet. I can't wait to get my hands on it. I bet there will be more first person shooters for it, considering that there are 2 analog sticks.
i cant wait to get this im hoping
for black ops to come out for it
or maybe a special cod just for the
ngp
Killzone 3 will look beast on this! I am so getting it for Killzone 3! Finally a handheld gaming system which will allow me to play an FPS Online anywhere! My Dreams!
2 Things wrong with the NGP Already:
  • Sony is trying to make the PSP2 or NGP like a portable console, rather than a real handheld. With PS3 graphics on a PSP, you can't really get the HD experience that you can get in a huge, flat-screen TV.

• Sony is known for not having much PSP exclusive games, and when that happens, the PSP version a multiplatform game will suck. This will happen again.
(Mar. 09, 2011  12:58 AM)Sequoia Wrote: 2 Things wrong with the NGP Already:
  • Sony is trying to make the PSP2 or NGP like a portable console, rather than a real handheld. With PS3 graphics on a PSP, you can't really get the HD experience that you can get in a huge, flat-screen TV.

• Sony is known for not having much PSP exclusive games, and when that happens, the PSP version a multiplatform game will suck. This will happen again.

OLED will likely give a better, more crisp and vibrant image than the usual HDTV. And as for games, Sony has ported a grand total of like 2 games to the PSP, and while they ported PSP games to the PS2, in those cases they were both years later, and were missing features (like multiplayer). As NGP has a number of control inputs the PS3 doesn't have, I imagine that won't be a fear for many games. Lastly, Sony has no control over third parties.

However, the NGP has basically every major third party middleware engine compatibility which means that PS3/360 assets easily work on the platform. Comparatively, the PSP had about 4 compatible middleware engines, and most were niche. It also helps that the NGP won't be missing any controller interfaces that the consoles have, where as the PSP ports always had to deal with a PS2 camera mapped to a platform without two analog sticks, or four shoulder buttons (which can be replicated with back panel commands).
I don't get why anyone would want this thing to exist.

Why not just play games (that look/play better) on the PC or console you probably already own?
This is a really good console, Right? I mean, It's really cool. I am so going to buy this when I buy my beys first.
Hopefully it can do GTA 4 better than my Quad Core 2.8ghz Core i7 with Intel HD Resolution (1980x1020) and 1GB dedicated Graphics thingy on nVidia GEFORCE Cuda GT330M (or something) and SSD RAID 0 256GB PC...

Sorry about that, but I'm serious about playing GTA, COD etc at higghest performance over my chunky PC.
(Mar. 11, 2011  11:39 AM)Sam Wrote: I don't get why anyone would want this thing to exist.

Why not just play games (that look/play better) on the PC or console you probably already own?

I never knew I could take my PS3 anywhere I wanted to. Thanks for this enlightening piece of information!

Less jerky answer: Handheld gaming isn't bound by your TV. You can play handheld games anywhere, any time. Not to mention there are a variety of games that work better as handheld games than console games due to their pick up and play nature. Despite Sony buzz words, the NGP isn't the PS3, it will have unique games that you probably wouldn't get on the PS3.