[Plastics] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread

Tbh, I have a LOT of experience with Metal Sting Base.
Not a completely useless part, but it highly resembles the MS tip of MFB, excluding balance issues.
Also, as th!nk said, it hardly produces enough friction...
In fact, it needed other parts to compliment it, so as to improve its own performance. Going solo with a Metal Sting Base was foolish. One needed a heavier AR and WD to avoid easy KOes, but it wouldn't significantly improve the performance of the bey...
Also, Metal Sting Base isn't the most perfect choice against Force Smash. It was rather to easy to destabilize if hit from above. Lower hits, it managed them quite well. But a hard hit, even by the worst of ARs would end up KOing it.
In fact, one could go against a Metal Sting BB Combo using Cross Dragon+(insert any WD)+a super fast BB(say, Grip Base).
To get past Metal Sting base, Speed was everything.
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Zombie

They need round weight disks to do so efficiently, also enhancing life-after-death, and making them harder to KO. They steal spin and use it far more efficiently than their opponents, due to the minimal friction the body of the beyblade has with the surface (as there is a bearing between the body of the beyblade and it's shaft, basically, when not spinning, the shaft is like a surface of it's own, one that the beyblade has super low friction with, when it is spinning, it's just another surface that also happens to be spinning, it's quite cool, though that's a very elementary explanation).
Speaking of zombies, I've been playing with my zombie using hasbro's Twin Horn, with a War Lion SAR, and it's actually been working awesome!

It seems to be outspinning the Wolborg 4 combo LeeDraciel posted quite reliably, albeit I currently only have a small sample size.

But Yeah.

AR: Twin Horn
SAR: War Lion
WD: Wide Defense
SG: Left SG (Bearing Ver. 2, Wolborg 2 shaft).
SP: Defense Ring
BB: Customise Grip Base

Also seeing what Deikailo meant about using wide survivor for attack types. Smash attackers focus on having only enough weight for traction and recoil control, and externalising that weight as far as possible from the centre. Not only is Wide Survivor the lightest WD, all of that weight is further from the centre than any other weight disk, so if you have recoil under control, it's an optimum part. That should be obvious, but it only really struck me last night. So yeah, using that and Survivor Ring on my Uriel 2 tipped combo now, and it's working great.
Hm, that's certainly a great find! Grin
As always, I have a question...
Why Wide Survivor? For the fly-wheel effect it produces?
Considering the fly-wheel effect might result in powerful strikes, is that the reason?
Overall, are its uses similar to Phantom(MFB)?
Another question- I've heard about WD attack, but I never understood what it was(actually I did, but I never saw it in action... Unhappy )
So, is Wide Survivor a good choice for that?
Then again, whenever I actually read/heard people talking about WD attack, it didn't seem to be AS useful. So, yeah! Grin
I tried searching BeyWiki, but there seems to be no article on that...

EDIT- Searched more on BeyWiki. The Ultimate Dragoon article gives a brief overview of WD Attack-
BeyWiki Wrote:Cross Dragon in a WD Attack customization. Cross Dragon does not extend beyond the WD, leaving the WD completely exposed, therefore allowing this customization to be quite effective.
It also states-
BeyWiki Wrote:Cross Dragon does not have any competitive uses except for WD Attack, which is also not very useful in competitive play.
I think I explained why it works in my previous post. Check the smash attack article on beywiki, that should help you figure out anything else, methinks.

Nah, it's too light (and round) for any sort of weight disk attack (a largely useless type anyway).

It's just that it's weight and weight distribution is perfect for some smash attackers (it is too light for the recoil of many, however, IMO). Wide Defense is still likely a more useful choice for a lot of smash setups. For example, I'd never use wide survivor with Cross Griffon.

Honestly, Wide Defense is still the most versatile weight disk around.

Well, you did explain why its good, just that I was thinking- Whether the fly-wheel effect plays a role in this case or not; the way it works for Phantom.
I should have worded my question a bit better. Smile

It's good because it's perfectly round and also a lot of ARs line up with it which helps prevent recoil, mean there's less air resistance and the combo is more likely to withstand attacks. Also in the zombie page on beywiki it says other reasons.

I'd like to add that I do not enjoy Wolborg 4's BB. It's cool with Upper Dragoon and Wide Defense for a decent defense combo with alright stamina but other than that I just can't make it work.
@Mc Frown: Yeah, well, I was infatuated with it for a while, but seeing as my defensive zombie is beating it now I'm kinda bleurgh. It IS much harder to KO than most things (using Tiger Defenser and Wide Defense), but bleh.
It just occurred to me, but does Wide Attack do its job bad, decent, brilliant or undefined?
It actually has a very recoil-inducing shape, which seems bad, but it may cover up the recoil points of the AR.
Anyone can correct me on this?
Recoil is a bad thing, I suggest you reword that, as I doubt I'm the only one getting tired of people confusing recoil and smash.

Wide Attack? I don't know, but it's not very popular, probably for good reason.
Meh, it did ok with a personal combo of mine, although I can't say its the best since I don't have Wide Defense.
(Dec. 03, 2011  9:46 AM)KaizerMFB Wrote: It just occurred to me, but does Wide Attack do its job bad, decent, brilliant or undefined?
It actually has a very recoil-inducing shape, which seems bad, but it may cover up the recoil points of the AR.
Anyone can correct me on this?

Adding to what th!nk said-
If you use a Weight Disk which has recoil for the sake of covering the recoil-inducing points of an Attack Ring, that would be a BAD decision altogether. Smile
An AR is meant to have recoil, for the amount of smash it produces at times.
A WD, on the other hand, is made to add weight and balance to the bey. If you notice, these added factors actually reduce recoil at times.
You know that we use MFs on Attack wheels, so as to avoid recoil, right?
So, if the part which is actually meant to control the amount of recoil, produces recoil itself, it is BAD. The net gain would be in minus. The recoil of ARs is rather controlled by the WD, but there's nothing to control a WD's recoil.
I mean, to avoid a relatively minor consequence(recoil), you are inviting a more dangerous consequence of the same type.
Its similar to setting a whole forest on fire at once, so as to avoid future forest fires; i.e. the worst of 'preventive measures' one has heard of.... :\
Recoil and smash are two different things. Smash is created by protrusions on wheels. Recoil is normally due to the bad shape and balance of wheels/parts. This is only for plastics BTW. Apart from that what you said was fine.
(Dec. 03, 2011  9:48 AM)th!nk Wrote: Wide Attack? I don't know, but it's not very popular, probably for good reason.
Probably because it's too difficult for me to find and acquire ;<

(Dec. 03, 2011  3:17 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: Recoil and smash are two different things. Smash is created by protrusions on wheels. Recoil is normally due to the bad shape and balance of wheels/parts. This is only for plastics BTW. Apart from that what you said was fine.

This is the most incomplete and one-third-true statement about physics I've seen since someone told me gravity was what made people fat.

Recoil is opposite force created by an impact. Everything has recoil. Newton's 3rd Law states that for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. "Bad shape and balance" is a very bad way to word it, and it gives off the false impression that only bad wheels have Recoil. VariAres has the most smash in the entire MFB Metagame - and it also has the most recoil. This is not a coincidence.

Smash, in every meta, is created by contact points that allow the part to deliver some form of blunt force to the opposing wheel - usually with protrusions that stick out far enough to make considerable impact. Recoil will always be the significant and immediate response from Smash.
You forget that the opposing bey plays just as large a part in recoil, but other than that, good explanation.

@mc frown: ugh I know, right? That said, I don't have high hopes for it.
man i really want that weight disk.
it makes me even more sad than genocide circle
(Dec. 05, 2011  4:41 PM)Mc Frown Wrote: man i really want that weight disk.
it makes me even more sad than genocide circle

Tears of a Mc Frown.

I really want it too, but it is just insanely hard to find.

KaizerMFB, curious, what stadiums do you have, and what combos? Some testing may be in order, if you are able.
I'm currently debating hunting down a Griffolyon for the AR, to see if you're spreading Ginger Lies, or if it's actually as good as Triple Wing - I really hope it is, since it is aesthetically much more pleasing than TW!
Poseidon did a test on the two, fwiw. It really depends on the combo for which works better. Griffolyon has a little more recoil (tw is supposed to have surprisingly low recoil anyway), but also more spontaneous KO/stopping power. You have to account for the extra recoil, but there really is little difference in terms of effectiveness. Though, I would probably stick to triple wing on grip attacker's base.

That said, most smash attackers seem to pale in the face of the Uriel 2 setup, which generally needs an AR that hangs lower for better contact, so I've been using triple tiger more than anything lately.
(Dec. 05, 2011  10:47 PM)Hazel Wrote: I really hope it is, since it is aesthetically much more pleasing than TW!

You're on narcotics.

I'm serious. How could you not love a blue Trygle AR?

Yo, Alex, which do you think is better: Upper Claw + Upper Attack or Triple Claw?
I like the blue trygle AR, but comparatively, I prefer Griffolyon - also, the blue Triple Wing is much harder to find.

Upper Claw + Upper Attack do something almost entirely different from Triple Claw - same basic "idea", but very different actual result.

I am not Alex, but I'd go with Triple Claw just for less concern of breakage and double-purpose.
I'm with hazel on this aesthetic choice, Dan.

Considering the only SP-enabled attacker I use works better with triple tiger, triple tiger. They're different types of parts though, upper tiger+SP are far, far better at upper attack (though, it carries all the traditional weaknesses of upper attack parts), whilst triple tiger has deceptively powerful smash, despite looking like a primarily upper attack part (not that it doesn't have upper, but there are way better choices there).

One draft mentions triple tiger having a fair bit of recoil, but I don't have any trouble. That said, I imagine wide defense/survivor are helping reduce that.

Also "Triple Tiger" sounds like a cheesy kung-fu flick, which is awesome.
Well you both must have been in on the narcotics, then.

What is that Triple Claw combo? I forgot..