[Plastics] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread

Eh, adding the 3rd pair of metal balls means you lose the ability to OS that wolborg 4 thing.

Though it seems to still do nicely against other compacts, retaining a stamina advantage over an HMC+10 Heavy combo on Metal Change Base, due to better distribution for stamina (albeit not the focus of compacts).

Still, I need a bey that can stand up to that wolborg 4 thing. On the downside, without the third set (haven't tested with), it doesn't stand up to attacks as well as I like my compacts to.

Also, worked out the obvious difference between my Phantom Force MDBS tip and my Wolborg's tip. Same shape, but the former is insanely smooth. It's not the transparent plastic the rest of the parts are made of, but yeah, should have some awesome stamina.

EDIT: Fiddled with my usual compact (Metal change base), so it should handle that wolborg 4 thing now, I guess.
Im gonna try lee's combo with bearing gyros AR with wide survivor instead though. Wonder if it's possible to KO easy Tongue_out.
I don't know, I need to try wide survivor on it myself, but I dislike it being so light...
I've been using Wide Defense currently, but as I said, haven't tried Wide Survivor.
Okay, tried wide survivor, alongside Wing Cross. So:

AR: Wing Cross
WD: Wide Survivor
SG: Right EG (Circle Survivor)
BB: No Clutch Wolborg 4 ver.

Wide Survivor trades defense for stamina, as you'd already know. Basically, my attacker (Triple Tiger, Uriel 2 thingy, Wide Defense) throws it out easy. It throws most things out, but with wide defense I have significantly more trouble with this combo than others. That said, I also changed Tiger Defenser to Wing Cross for added stamina, but I doubt that had a significant effect, wing cross aligns perfectly with Wide Survivor.

Wide Defense is significantly harder to land a hit on, however, it does seem to risk being OS'd by a number of things (Basically, Driger S, HMC, 10 Balance, Metal Change Base, seems to do nice enough).

I need to try the wide survivor thing against zombies, seeing as with 10b/wide defense, it doesn't ALWAYS win, but yeah.

Liking wing cross though, shame it isn't left-spin compatible, it would be beastly.
(Nov. 29, 2011  5:13 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Nov. 29, 2011  4:58 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: The rubber part on the dragoon v2 base isn't suited to attack.

This would beg to differ.

I don't have one myself, as yet, but that seems plenty proof for me that it can be used successfully, considering she won the tournament using it in her main bey.

jan: I am referring to Grip Attacker's base. Dragoon V2's base isn't traditionally seen as a hugely useful attacker due to it's height, but there are obviously uses (see above). I will make up my mind on Customise Grip Base when I get one, but to be honest, I doubt it approaches [Uriel 2's] Customise Grip Change Base's tip, and that is the kind of speed you need for success against strong defensive combo's (though correct combo choice is generally a far more useful weapon).

Ultra: Yeah, it may take a little wearing in, and you have to launch it seriously hard to get it to work. If only the two best rubber attack tips weren't so darned pricey/rare.

Ah yes, I was 99% sure you were referring to Grip Attacker, but just in case..... Tongue_out

@Your most recent post- IMO, Wing Cross' shape would not allow to perform better/just as well in Left Spin. Smile
Then again, seeing an AR shaped for right-spin use in left spin irked me. It looked funny, and at the same time, some of the beys I owned always performed better in the spin direction they were meant to be spun in.
It has no significant contact points in left spin.

There aren't that many AR's that function significantly better in left spin, normally it's because they're used in combo's that keep them out of the way. That said, Wolborg 1's AR, and Flash Leopard 2's, are both in reverse, as are a bunch of OHKO parts (Hayate, Seaborg 2, and Dragoon V's AR's, for example).

Honestly, I always found it awkward when beys were spinning in the opposite direction the faces on the AR were pointing, like they're running backwards.
(Nov. 30, 2011  2:48 PM)th!nk Wrote: It has no significant contact points in left spin.

Honestly, I always found it awkward when beys were spinning in the opposite direction the faces on the AR were pointing, like they're running backwards.

Well, having no contact points is great for a top notch stamina AR, but whenever I used it in left spin, the spin times reduced for some reason. Unhappy
To be a bit positive- Then again, there may be various reasons for this to happen. Maybe my Left Launcher would have been rough, and didn't provide enough power to the bey. Tongue_out

th!nk Wrote:Honestly, I always found it awkward when beys were spinning in the opposite direction the faces on the AR were pointing, like they're running backwards.
Exactly! Its awkward to use ARs in the opposite direction! Tongue_out
How did you use wing cross in left spin? It's not left spin compatible. Confused

The thing is though, the backwards-head/running backwards thing is usually what they do in their original directions.

Oh, and carrying on from Purchase Consultation:

(Nov. 30, 2011  11:51 AM)Poseidon Wrote:
(Nov. 30, 2011  11:46 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Nov. 30, 2011  11:43 AM)Poseidon Wrote: Fin tector with a moderately heavy BB and wide defence does well enough ^^

Too much recoil, too little power.

I'm not a massive fan of SP's anyway TBH especially with attack custom's. But I find that driger V2's doesn't work really well and just reduces stamina too much.

Depends what you're playing against, but Upper attack SP CAN be very effective. That said, I'm using Reverse Attack or whatever Dragoon V2's are, even with a 3-sided AR (Triple Tiger), and they seem to do better than other, more protruding SP's, so eh.

They're not ideal for attackers by any stretch, but they need to be there on the useful customise bases because those bases are generally a little too tall, and need more contact points against very low beys. Still, the Uriel 2 SG setup thing makes a bey slightly lower than Uriel 2's normal base, and only slightly taller than Grip Attacker's BB, so it's not hugely important, but yeah.

Heh, I should really stoop giving away combo's if I'm going to compete in a tourney some time in the near-ish future.
Oh man! I didn't notice! I certainly remember using it in Left Spin though. Probably modified it(illegally)....
Even I agree with Poseidon for that point. I recall that upon destabilization, this thing started scraping altogether, and never got stabilized. Unhappy If not that, it did lose stamina upon making contact. Maybe I didn't use it properly...
I really want to try one out now, but yeah. Tongue_out

th!nk Wrote:Heh, I should really stoop giving away combo's if I'm going to compete in a tourney some time in the near-ish future.
Hehe! Selfish! Tongue_out LOL!
The only way to get it to fit is to shave off the parts of Left SG's at the sides that poke up (that aren't there on right SG's). Not that I ever did that to one of my left sg's as a kid...

Ahhh, the other thing would be, unless you used Wide Defense/Survivor, in left spin it would be somewhat simliar to a draciel AR (though being more rounded, it's not nearly as bad), but yes, that would cause issues. On wide survivor/defense though, left spin would make it very hard for an opposing beyblade to "hook in" on it.
(Nov. 30, 2011  3:07 PM)th!nk Wrote: How did you use wing cross in left spin? It's not left spin compatible. Confused

The thing is though, the backwards-head/running backwards thing is usually what they do in their original directions.

Oh, and carrying on from Purchase Consultation:

(Nov. 30, 2011  11:51 AM)Poseidon Wrote:
(Nov. 30, 2011  11:46 AM)th!nk Wrote: Too much recoil, too little power.

I'm not a massive fan of SP's anyway TBH especially with attack custom's. But I find that driger V2's doesn't work really well and just reduces stamina too much.

Depends what you're playing against, but Upper attack SP CAN be very effective. That said, I'm using Reverse Attack or whatever Dragoon V2's are, even with a 3-sided AR (Triple Tiger), and they seem to do better than other, more protruding SP's, so eh.

They're not ideal for attackers by any stretch, but they need to be there on the useful customise bases because those bases are generally a little too tall, and need more contact points against very low beys. Still, the Uriel 2 SG setup thing makes a bey slightly lower than Uriel 2's normal base, and only slightly taller than Grip Attacker's BB, so it's not hugely important, but yeah.

Heh, I should really stoop giving away combo's if I'm going to compete in a tourney some time in the near-ish future.
Dragoon V2's ? I think if I were to use them it's be a good trade off not alot of stamina loss but quite alot of attack power in them.

Well, they do not 'attack' much actually, and you'll be disappointed if you expect them to do that...
Just that, it doesn't let the bey lose much stamina, and its probably a good choice for SP haters. jk.
Considering its being used as a substitute of Fin Tector, it probably doesn't have much recoil... Smile
No not alot of recoil my post just was trying to make it sound good lol. It has mioderate attack to be honest but you know still a godod trade off.
As I said, all I find fin tector does is add recoil and breakage, and as much as I thought it would work, Survivor Ring, despite having the same symmetry as Triple Tiger, only seems to slow it down/reduce the attack. Admittedly, I stumbled on Reverse Attacker SP, I was trying them with Cross Griffon (to little success in the combo), but I left them on when I tried Triple Tiger, and it worked where the same with Survivor Ring hadn't.
Plus, one of my Fin Tectors exploded, but as I said, I dislike them.

As for upper attack sp, the lack of synergy and the general amount of "non-impact" area they create isn't really that healthy for that particular combo, but they work awesome with Driger V2's AR. They should do, the two were designed for each other, and the AR especially should not be examined without those SP, they are practically part of it. That, I think, is part of the error the beywiki article makes.
Hm, bearing stinger's tip seems to be slightly wider than Wolborg's, enough that it touches the sides of customise grip base... so it's not that useable there, at least in mine. Which is a shame because the tip should be ideal otherwise, it seems significantly smoother than wolborg's, and harder.
When messing around with my plastics I got today from my ebay lot I discovered something interesting. Master Dranzer's base is actually decent. When using it with Tiger defencer(driger S AR) it was able to compete with an uncustomised Galeon pretty consistently and winning to my suprise. . Can anyone else try this since i'm intrigued since i've never heard of it having any use?
Man, can't believe I forgot to mention that! Yes, it does very nicely, it has lots of stamina and some decent LAD. It's much easier to KO though, IIRC, than Metal Change Base, and far less versatile.

Not a useless part by any means, though.
Since master dranzer base barely moves and metal change base moves quite a bit wouldn't agree that it's easier to KO.
Keep in mind that Metal Change is mostly difficult to KO in the same way a properly conditioned CS in MFB is, though - variables in movement based on response to impact.

If someone isn't proficient at manipulating Metal Change, it will be easier to KO.
YEAH, I remembered that master Draciel and Dranzer's base was also very awesome in stamina for most of the part!
Also yes, my Bearing Stinger Tip doesn't fit either sadly....
My Pure Survival Combo:
AR: War Lion
WD: 10 Wide (No Wide Survivor DSmile
SG: Neo SG Right (Double Bearing Core
SP: Cross Survive
BB: Customize Bearing Base
(Nov. 30, 2011  10:30 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: Since master dranzer base barely moves and metal change base moves quite a bit wouldn't agree that it's easier to KO.

That movement makes it harder to hit dead-on, no matter how good your flower pattern is. And, a good enough launch makes MCB far more manipulable than most tips. Master Dranzer's is a sitting duck with no significant friction or anything to help it.

Metal Change base is also significantly lower, so it's more compact and harder to get under for upper attackers. That's probably the main reason I like it so much, alongside the versatile tip.

And, as hazel said, it's somewhat similar to CS, unlike a sharp tip, it tends to have some ability to "catch" the ridge or whatever, sometimes to the point of a counter attack (and with the weight and momentum behind it, this can do serious damage).

Another thing, Momentum, should not be ignored, seeing as compacts carry quite a bit (due to weight), and this makes it much harder to interrupt their movement, if they travel at speed. This is really only important for head-on collisions, but still another reason why I'd use metal change base.

KaizerMFB: You need to get Wide Defense/Survivor. They're must have parts.
Dayum....
Hey do Zombies literally pci kspin up from the other bey or on a somewhat level?