[Plastics] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread

(Nov. 22, 2011  5:32 PM)th!nk Wrote: It moves like a very aggressively launched WB combo.

But at 50g, it's heavier than a lot of pre-4D MFB.

I think rapid eagle's AR is considered useless. Still, one of very few AR's that shares the same number of sides with the Star Shape WD (also useless).

But yeah, that lack of symmetry (and it doesn't go very low, does it?) mean it's not going to be very good.

Well, I tested it out after all...
I lack proper means to do it, i.e. top tier combos and legal stadiums. But still, I thought it would be nice. Smile
Rapid Eagle's AR is extremely thick, which according to me added weight to it, and upper would have been possible...
But as you said, it doesn't go really low...
I used Penta Wing(R. Eagle) with SG Semi-Flat Base(Flash Leopard), which is probably the shortest base I own. It was extremely tough to control this bey's speed in the first place as my BB has actually been worn to the point of a Flat tip. Because of the speed, I usually saw Upward Smash in action against Driger V/White Gabriel/Master Dranzer and Dragoon F...
As this was certainly of no use, I tried lowering the speed of the launch. But that too, was pointless as Upper Attack needs a high spin velocity.
So finally, I held my Rapid Eagle at the center of the stadium with the help of magnets(its after about a year that I used my magnets in the magne-dish! Smile ).
The result was, the best destabilizer wheel I have ever seen...
Other beys came near it (except Driger V, it had Magnecore South Core, which repelled), Rapid Eagle managed to lift them about 20% of the times, and if it failed to lift the opposite bey, it kinda stuck to the lower portion of the AR of the other bey, and completely destabilized it. SmileAbout the lift, it was quite ordinary if compared to the one produced by Upper Dragoon. It seemed like it had scored a lucky hit. But yeah, destabilization was out of the world!
Unfortunately, I have no Left SG casings, hence the actual 'aim' of my test was not fulfilled...
Overall, not a completely useless wheel, but as Destabilizers are considered useless, it is useless after all! Tongue_out
It is kinda made for destabilization, as it has a somewhat jaggy appearance from the top. Smile
From Random Thoughts:
(Nov. 24, 2011  8:24 PM)KaizerMFB Wrote: Wing Upper is very much on par with War Lion.

Not quiiiite that good. More on par with Flash Leopard's AR, as it protrudes too much to be as useful in zombies, and is somewhat oval-shaped, unlike war lion and (more notably) Tiger Defenser's round shape. It's a heavily underrated AR for compacts though.

AR: Wing Upper
WD: 10 Balance
SG: Right SG (Or was it Neo Right with a normal metal weight core?)
BB: SG Semi Flat

Was a combo I leant out at my plastics tourney, and it was the kid's first time using a plastic bey. He came fourth, only one win off a tie-break for finals qualification. Considering it just had a normal SG/normal neo SG, it did really well.

TBH, I prefer Tiger Defenser to War Lion even for straight up defense. It just seems more difficult to get a hit on, because more of it is just a round plastic wall, rather than a gap.

Probably helps that I have a Sonokong Gold Tiger Defenser that manages to fit onto some normal/neo SG's, with a little extra effort. It's slightly smaller so at it's widest point, it is only a hair past Wide Survivor.
What is better for an atk bey, 10 balance, or 8 heavy?
How do you not have a Tiger Defenser yet? Bro, that box of beys you got from Dusty had a Driger S in it!

Wide Defense. You should get 2. It is by far the best Weight Disk for Attack and Defense Beyblades as far as I know, don't settle for anything less.
(Nov. 25, 2011  1:34 AM)Mstubbs88 Wrote: What is better for an atk bey, 10 balance, or 8 heavy?

Belongs in Ask a question, get an answer, not here. You should have been able to work the answer out yourself tbh.

KaizerMFB: What are you "Whaaat?"ing about?

Sorry. I mean, this is "plastic parts discussion"
Neither can be used in zombies, but both work in compacts, but are not "first choices", unless you have a slightly different aim.

The whole point of War Lion is small size and low recoil, which Panther Claw and Wing Upper trade off slightly for other properties. Panther Claw and Wing Upper have identical widths, too.

If you're questioning Panther Claw's abilities: http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Flash_Leopard
(Nov. 25, 2011  2:42 AM)Mstubbs88 Wrote: Sorry. I mean, this is "plastic parts discussion"

And you were asking a question, not discussing plastic parts.
Hm, voltaic apes base (customise metal sharp) actually has nice life-after-death, due to the slope of the plastic surrounding the tip. It's a shame it's so susceptible to upper attack (and attack in general).

If only they'd used that tip and surround design on something that wasn't shaped like an air traffic control tower.

Oh, also, the Uriel 2 SG thing ends up a little lower than Uriel 2's own base, which is very nice. Kei hasn't had time to look it over yet, understandable, given the time of the year.
How does Burning Kerberous's base compare to Dragoon V2's for zombie's? Just wondering since Dragoon v2 only has one useful part and the other has two and I don't really feel like wasting money if there's little point.
Burning Kerberous's base only works with it's own SG in terms of zombies, but it's an awesome SG, and the base is far better for that particular SG than Dragoon V2's is.

But, Kerberous's SG isn't as good in terms of pure stamina as Wolborg 1's, but it is noticeably harder to KO. If you decide to get a Dragoon V2 later, you can use Wolborg 2's SG in Burning Kerberous's casings, for an extra bearing. Disregard that, BK's SG>Wolborg's for everything except solo spin.

It's also better for using Uriel 2's tip or the Full Auto Clutch shaft in, as dragoon V2's scrapes (particularly with the latter. Must remember to go through beywiki and fix all the mentions of FAC in Customise Grip Base, it's a recipe for disaster unless you use casings that are rather tall, which is just silly).

In terms of ability, they're probably very similar. I love BK's SG enough that I'm buying a second because I'm using my first in my uriel 2 thing.
You know, I notice a total lack of information about non-zombie stamina types. I know zombies were basically better in most situations, but there was a restricted format and everything that removed them, so what was used for stamina then?

Particularly AR-wise Uncertain
(Nov. 25, 2011  9:32 AM)th!nk Wrote: Hm, voltaic apes base (customise metal sharp) actually has nice life-after-death, due to the slope of the plastic surrounding the tip. It's a shame it's so susceptible to upper attack (and attack in general).

If only they'd used that tip and surround design on something that wasn't shaped like an air traffic control tower.

Oh, also, the Uriel 2 SG thing ends up a little lower than Uriel 2's own base, which is very nice. Kei hasn't had time to look it over yet, understandable, given the time of the year.

You'll think I am a part of some Driger V Promotion Campaign, th!nk owing to our conversation via PMs.
But, I have noticed (yet again) that Metal Flat Base (Driger V) is also quite smooth, and hence gets quite a handful of rotations even after losing all RPM, i.e. Life After Death. Smile The tip of this bey though, contradicts its own name. Its not even flat. Its completely sharp.
Reference to MFB-
MS tip has BAD balance.
MS=Metal Flat Base
Therefore, Metal Flat Base has BAD balance. Smile
So, its performance is hindered, actually.
Please try this out/verify this(if you think its really important) when your Driger V arrives. Smile

UltraBlader- Well, Dragoon V2's AR is also decent for OHKOs, you know. Smile
Only the initial Hasbro release used a sharp base, later it was changed to more of a semi-flat design, apparently, which was closer to or identical to Takara's release (being the only driger without a stand-out part means it's rather difficult to dig up info on it).

As for dragoon v2's AR: Eurgh. OHKO is just smash with too much recoil, and I'd probably leave it to Seaborg 1/2 and probably cyber dragoon.
Really?! I always thought the base was sharp overall... Never knew TT and Hasbro had Mold Variations for that...
Well, that's true enough. Dragoon V2's AR might be OK for OHKOs but all in all, OHKO itself is a risky category. So just as destabilizers have become outclassed, even OHKOs are facing a similar fate... Smile
Yes, IIRC there was a bit of ruckus over that particular change.

Basically, a OHKO AR is, by definition, an AR Witham with a lot of smash but too much recoil to make a decent smash attacker, this everything is compromised in an effort to keep the bey in the stadium post-cpntact.

Speaking of underrated parts, g upper (dragoon gt) is an amazing AR. The article seems to focus on the name and shallow slopes and ignore the beautifully shaped and spaced contact points for smash.

I prefer it to cross griffon, and it works better than eight spiker from the numerous times I've compared both. I really must get around to doing some comparative tests and an article rewrite...
Oh, so OHKO AR's can be deemed as primitive, or underdeveloped Smash ARs... Smile

Well, that's great news. That makes Dragoon GT a complete package! The first and the last EG bey to contain all useful parts. Grin
It also seems to have quite a bit of weight behind its contact points, which is quite important for good smash wheels. Smile
For some reason, the contact points look quite similar to LLD's Upper Mode contact points when viewed side-ways(at least to me)...
(Nov. 25, 2011  2:28 PM)th!nk Wrote: Yes, IIRC there was a bit of ruckus over that particular change.

Basically, a OHKO AR is, by definition, an AR Witham with a lot of smash but too much recoil to make a decent smash attacker, this everything is compromised in an effort to keep the bey in the stadium post-cpntact.

Speaking of underrated parts, g upper (dragoon gt) is an amazing AR. The article seems to focus on the name and shallow slopes and ignore the beautifully shaped and spaced contact points for smash.

I prefer it to cross griffon, and it works better than eight spiker from the numerous times I've compared both. I really must get around to doing some comparative tests and an article rewrite...

I don't think anyone ever used any prominent OHKO attackers seriously to begin with, because of their inherent enjoyment for simply exploding into pieces, most notably with Whale Attacker and Whale Crusher. OHKO is probably by far the most entertaining to watch when goofing around, though.

G Upper being good is kind of like Uriel 2's BB - it doesn't matter how good it is, because only some crazy ginger would actually use it.
True, true. I should good around more Confused

And yes, that is also very true, but it's a shame the article underestimates it so badly. If people knew it were good they might be tempted to use it more.... Maybe.
I reckon Triple Wing is probably still better for Smash, though. It's not G Upper is the best around or anything.

Lately I've been playing around a lot more with Panther Claw than Tiger Defenser... probably because I do not want to hurt my beautifully pristine Tiger Defensers, though. And I was always more of an aggressive SG Metal Change user than a calm one.
I honestly find it on par with, or better than triple wing, depending on the rest of the combo. That said, having different spins means it's harder to directly compare. :\

Well, my main compact is just a Driger S with an HMC and 10 Heavy, ahah, but my secondary one is a more aggressive panther claw one. SG semi flat just annoys me.
I don't actually have any HMC, lol. I can never justify the purchase since I don't play with my plastics often, but the HMC 10 Heavy Driger S would also be my primary compact.

I don't find SGSF that irksome, it can be pretty fun sometimes!
1. Play with them more.
2. Use that to justify purchase.
Wink

It is just so unexciting, especially compared to Metal Change Base. It's also too tall for its own good.
I don't really have a big enough collection to start playing with them - most of mine are without doubles, so if one breaks, it will be that much more of a pain.

It flower-patterns really nicely, though.