[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread

That Zeus's Shaft in regular casings? If so, yes, but it's generally not very useful. If not, what is it?

By the way, I did check everything in the compatibility doc for legality, based on the rather scarce evidence/detail there is about plastics rulings here... Anyway, the zeus shaft thing is in there soooo.
Yes it is a Zeus shaft in regular casing and can Mirage Goddess AR be used in weighted defense or ist here to much recoil? What's a good combo with Mirage Goddess too?
Can a Support Part fit into any Blade Base, for example, Fin Tectors into Storm Grip Base?
No, Storm Grip Base cannot hold Support Parts, as far as I know.
Support parts only fit into bases that are from the V2 series for example Ariel/Uriel 2, Dragoon V2, Dranzer V2, Draciel V2, And Driger v2.
Also fin tectors actually suck and just add recoil/breakage tbh.

But yeah only the bases that come with SP can hold them. Check the parts list on the wiki for that.
How much would a Black Ultimate Dragoon be worth ? I just got one off N0body in exchange for an MFB 3 Seg Grip.
We havent yet traded.. If it is costlier than I expect it to be, we'll return them to each other.
Th!nk, I was reading your Dranzer S draft, and i was wondering, What is a Black Skeleton Ver. (Lawson "Black Crystal Pack")?
Depends whether it's a black ultimate dragoon (solid black, came with an MG WD), or Megaro Arm (Transparent Black/Smoke Grey).

Nice avatar btw, N0body Grin

@DaWretched-one: There's some discussion towards the end of the thread, the name is basically all we know, and even then I don't think we were 100% sure of what everything was. I figure it's a pack of transparent black Dranzer/Dragoon?Draciel/Driger S, but yeah, we're missing a few pieces of that puzzle.
(Apr. 09, 2012  4:34 PM)th!nk Wrote: Depends whether it's a black ultimate dragoon (solid black, came with an MG WD), or Megaro Arm (Transparent Black/Smoke Grey).

It's solid Black but missing the MG WD. I got it with 8 Balance instead.
I'll get a picture, I think has N0body already posted a picture of it somewhere...
If it didn't have a 6- weight disk, it's had a WD swap. I'd have to say, given it's a coro coro exclusive, that it's probably worth more than a 3-seg, especially if you can get a replacement Takara MG WD with the plastic parts in tact (which is difficult, given takara ones were the ones that were most susceptible.) It's not a competitive beyblade though, while the 3 seg can be useful for some (I personally dislike it immensely).

From a collectors standpoint though, the black ultimate dragoon is rarer.

Do see if anyone else says something about it though, a few people know more about recolours and prices than me.

Here's an image of one, btw: http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff38...roCoro.jpg (JR Tiger, of course)

Do check on top of the SG to see who made it though (and perhaps when it was made), that would help.
This was on the SG:
Quote:© Hu/T
© TAKARA '99

It's the same thing as the one from the picture, only missing those four red stickers, but it has the same bit chip sticker.

That was my spare 3 Seg, btw. Smile
See what Ultra/collectors say if they pop in but yeah, I'd imagine that its the coro-coro one. Without AR stickers and the original WD, it's not as much of a collectors piece, though the bit chip is awesome.
It probably depends more specifically on the rarity than I can give advice on, so yeah, hopefully someone has a better idea of the general value of that particular recolour. Sorry I can't be more help.
After the recent tourney, I am seemingly more interested in Zombies, now. Eee
Considering the fact that the only LAD-capable base I own is Volcano Change Base(which too, I acquired just recently, thanks to N0body Smile), I wanted to know some stuff-

Is Volcano Change considered to be a passable Zombie base by any means?

It is seemingly too tall, and did go off balance at times. The balance issues were sorted when I changed the AR though, but well, considering that the tip of the BB is a bit too tall (which is probably what sent it off balance so often), it might not be a decent base(?)

Also, I have noticed that the LAD properties of this base are at its best when on a slope, probably because the free spinning part is on an inclined plane, and lends the bey the "extra" LAD spin while descending down a slope. Is it true? Is it the case with all Zombie bases, or is it unique only to Volcano Change Base?

Lastly-
AR- Sonic Tiger
WD- 10 Balance
SG- Neo Right (MG core)
BB- Volcano Change Base (Metal Flat mode, or whatever it is known as)

Was this a good combination? I know that maybe a better AR could have been used, but well....
Also, is the WD a passable one for Zombies? The BeyWiki doesn't make any special mention of the Balance series WDs for Zombies, but well, I just wanted to know. Smile
I'm not sure tbh since they really don't come along very often but any ultimate dragoon is hard to find. If I were you Nobody i'd keep it since it's quite rare. I might be interested in buying if you're willing to wait.
Id say you can fetch a good $30+ dollars for the coro coro ultimate dragoon, I have one myself.
Guys I got my black Ultimate Dragoon that I got from JR_Tiger(The one in Th!nks picture) It was only 10 dollars so I don't know if it's worth as much as 30 dollars.
JR_Tiger doesn't how rare it is... Also most of his prices are cheap because those are his spares he wants to get rid of.
I don't think there's any Coro Coro bey worth anything under $15, especially not in good condition.

Ultra, you starting up a collection again? Grin
(Apr. 09, 2012  5:23 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: After the recent tourney, I am seemingly more interested in Zombies, now. Eee
Considering the fact that the only LAD-capable base I own is Volcano Change Base(which too, I acquired just recently, thanks to N0body Smile), I wanted to know some stuff-

Is Volcano Change considered to be a passable Zombie base by any means?

It is seemingly too tall, and did go off balance at times. The balance issues were sorted when I changed the AR though, but well, considering that the tip of the BB is a bit too tall (which is probably what sent it off balance so often), it might not be a decent base(?)

Also, I have noticed that the LAD properties of this base are at its best when on a slope, probably because the free spinning part is on an inclined plane, and lends the bey the "extra" LAD spin while descending down a slope. Is it true? Is it the case with all Zombie bases, or is it unique only to Volcano Change Base?

Lastly-
AR- Sonic Tiger
WD- 10 Balance
SG- Neo Right (MG core)
BB- Volcano Change Base (Metal Flat mode, or whatever it is known as)

Was this a good combination? I know that maybe a better AR could have been used, but well....
Also, is the WD a passable one for Zombies? The BeyWiki doesn't make any special mention of the Balance series WDs for Zombies, but well, I just wanted to know. Smile

Sorry missed this. Anyway, Volcano Change has passable LAD, but not enough to beat the important things. The base doesn't excel at anything but it's decent for attack and has decent enough survival. Now, if there were a proper bearing in that disc, things would become very interesting, but I still think with the beyblade and shaft still being pretty strongly connected, it wouldn't be as good as a standard zombie setup.

Zombies only use Wide Survivor and Wide Defense. Anything less is generally just considered a spin stealer, but I must admit, I am curious about the use of certain AR's and bases to reduce the reliance on the WD, though Wide Def/Survivor will always be the best choices by far.

As for height, I suspect you may not have an original Dranzer V MG Core. It shouldn't take up the entire space inside the SG. They included one with the magnet held up against the top of it, allowing for shorter height overall as the tip goes further up the base.

As for the combination, it's not great but given the parts you have, from memory, it's probably what I'd recommend, maybe with a different WD, I don't have Sonic Tiger yet...
Which is better for purchasing, Dranzer S or Voltaic Ape?
IMO Voltaic Ape would be better for Zombie and Defense Customization, but for a zombie killer Dranzer S would be better. Voltaic Ape would be better overall.
How was magnacore used in official tourneys back in the day? (legal parts or no?) And do we know what stadiums Takara allowed for their tourneys (not the WBO)?

th!nk, you may have once mentioned that custom parts were once allowed early at plastics tourneys? Could you elaborate on this?