[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread

Quote:Customize Auto Change Base may be "laughable" but it was pretty awesome when it came out, if not from a competitive standpoint then at least from an engineering one. It certainly felt like the most technologically advanced Beyblade part at the time and it was really fun to use.

Quote:I'm talking competitive usage. I don't see how it could be useful at all, [...]

As I've told Izhkoort already I've had good results with 10H HMC Dranzer V2. I couldn't find any other use for it, but this nearly stock setup is - just from what I've experienced - pretty good. I mean it might be just an outdated suggestion on Beywiki page, but for me it seems to be quite a nice balance setup.
It does what it should do, outlast and deflect aggresive attacks in stamina mode and destabilize with its upper attack properties in attack mode. Destabilize sounds to me like a concept which is applied to a bey to force it to have some use (which I encountered in some weird MFB combo concepts), haha, but actually it works in this combo.

Quote:it's a jack of two trades and not great at either.

But I give that point to you, yeah, as it is more like a balance setup it's of course not "great" at one trade. But it's in some way one of the best examples for good out-of-the-box beys for me, like Driger V2 (which it is also able to beat effectively).
can anyone tell me how my combos are and how i can i'm improve them?

AR:- Upper Dragoon
WD:- 10 Wdie
SG:- Neo Right SG
BB:- SG Metal Flat 2

AR:- Eight Spiker
WD:- 8 Wide
SG:- Neo Left Spin
BB:- SG Metal Flat

Disclamer (Click to View)
(May. 25, 2016  2:00 AM)FIREFIRE Wrote: can anyone tell me how my combos are and how i can i'm improve them?

AR:- Upper Dragoon
WD:- 10 Wdie
SG:- Neo Right SG
BB:- SG Metal Flat 2

AR:- Eight Spiker
WD:- 8 Wide
SG:- Neo Left Spin
BB:- SG Metal Flat

Disclamer (Click to View)

You'd want wide defense on those. The second combo specifically would want Defense Grip Base with the Reverse Tip
Or, you know, an actual rubber flat tipped base.
(May. 25, 2016  11:27 AM)Dracomageat Wrote: Or, you know, an actual rubber flat tipped base.

That's what defense grip base is haha. It's Seaborg's tip put in backwards
(May. 25, 2016  11:40 AM)Shirayuki Wrote:
(May. 25, 2016  11:27 AM)Dracomageat Wrote: Or, you know, an actual rubber flat tipped base.

Yeah, so it's not an actual rubber flat base, it's a modification that the WBO deems legal for no real reason, especially given as the poor fit it gets is strong evidence for it not being intended.
(May. 25, 2016  12:02 PM)Dracomageat Wrote:

Yeah, so it's not an actual rubber flat base, it's a modification that the WBO deems legal for no real reason, especially given as the poor fit it gets is strong evidence for it not being intended.
it's not a poor fit, mine has never fallen out, i use it as my main attack base + tip, it's just a nice fit that never falls out.

this mod is the saviour attack tips, otherwise people would be stuck with an $80+ uriel 2 tip, which is insane, not everyone can afford it, whilst seaborg can be gotten for $15-$20.

even with uriel 2's tip, that needs a mod, because TT decided to create a super fragile blade, which can cost $80

the tip from uriel 2 needs to be put in wolborg 2 casings, with customise bearing base or defense grip base 2. this a mod that is useful,it might not be intended that way, but it still gives way's for people to use uriel 2's tip

storm grip is too slow, and still costs more
customize grip is too high, and not as fast

name a rubber tip that is super fast as defense grip base inverted, and uriel 2's
Was it intended to flip the Defense Grip Base? Is this combo good?
AR: Gigantic Claw (Gigars)
WD: 10 Heavy
SG: Neo Right Spin Gear Metal Weight Ver. (Draciel V2)
BB: Bearing Grip Base (Wolborg 2)
(May. 25, 2016  1:17 PM)NEET no Kami Wrote:
(May. 25, 2016  11:40 AM)Shirayuki Wrote: That's what defense grip base is haha. It's Seaborg's tip put in backwards

it's not a poor fit, mine has never fallen out, i use it as my main attack base + tip, it's just a nice fit that never falls out.

this mod is the saviour attack tips, otherwise people would be stuck with an $80+ uriel 2 tip, which is insane, not everyone can afford it, whilst seaborg can be gotten for $15-$20.

even with uriel 2's tip, that needs a mod, because TT decided to create a super fragile blade, which can cost $80

the tip from uriel 2 needs to be put in wolborg 2 casings, with customise bearing base or defense grip base 2. this a mod that is useful,it might not be intended that way, but it still gives way's for people to use uriel 2's tip

storm grip is too slow, and still costs more
customize grip is too high, and not as fast

name a rubber tip that is super fast as defense grip base inverted, and uriel 2's

Same here, my BBA Defender's tip NEVER falls from it, and a uriel's tip based beyblade may cost out over $100 (if you want some especial colours or parts even more)

Also, if it's not NIB/NIP it may useless, where Defense Grip Base is mint to use because no one inverted it
I'm definitely with NEET no Kami and Izkhoort here.

As I've told you already in another thread I own 3 (4 now) Defense Grip bases and I've never had any issues regarding the tip inversion and it is by no means a "poor fit". It's the rubber part for its respective base and there are no problems of compatibility by just turning this tip around.

It might not be intended by Takara, but as I've told Ultra already, there are also no instructions for Uriel's tip change given on RB8 box or in the instructions (yeah, it is in the base name indeed) and of course it is no problem to use this mode change.
And even if there was no intention to do so you're far from being correct by saying that "the WBO deems [it] legal for no real reason". I guess you're aware of the alternatives for rubber-tip-based attack combos.
The legalization of the inverted Defense Grip Base tip is used to bring these attack customizations back and provide an alternative for Takara's fail to offer a proper Grip Change Base. It's a fair compromise, you might have an advantage using GCB or at least its tip to make use of SPs, but you can get a solid base for attack. And Customize Grip Base along with others like Storm Grip Base are not a substitution for this kind of base.

If you are not happy about it, no one forces you to use it. And of course you're welcome to spend tons of money to obtain and destroy GCB if you're in the mood to do so, but imo it's a decision which balances the game a bit more.

Enough said on that one, haha.

@FIREFIRE: I would definitely go with the suggestions Shirayuki offered. You might get an even better bey if you use Driger F's shaft with Wolborg 2's casing in Customize Bearing Base and add an SP like Cross Survivor, Survivor Ring or Twin Guard to get a good spin-stealing upper attack combo. But it's up to you, Metal Flat 2 offers more upper while CBB can be used for better spin-stealing.

Seems like your the only one who has a poorly fitting one. The reason it was approved is because it does work and before that came along getting a top tier attack base was difficult to find and expensive.
(May. 25, 2016  12:11 AM)DrigerGatling Wrote:
Quote:Customize Auto Change Base may be "laughable" but it was pretty awesome when it came out, if not from a competitive standpoint then at least from an engineering one. It certainly felt like the most technologically advanced Beyblade part at the time and it was really fun to use.

Quote:I'm talking competitive usage. I don't see how it could be useful at all, [...]

As I've told Izhkoort already I've had good results with 10H HMC Dranzer V2. I couldn't find any other use for it, but this nearly stock setup is - just from what I've experienced - pretty good. I mean it might be just an outdated suggestion on Beywiki page, but for me it seems to be quite a nice balance setup.
It does what it should do, outlast and deflect aggresive attacks in stamina mode and destabilize with its upper attack properties in attack mode. Destabilize sounds to me like a concept which is applied to a bey to force it to have some use (which I encountered in some weird MFB combo concepts), haha, but actually it works in this combo.

Quote:it's a jack of two trades and not great at either.

But I give that point to you, yeah, as it is more like a balance setup it's of course not "great" at one trade. But it's in some way one of the best examples for good out-of-the-box beys for me, like Driger V2 (which it is also able to beat effectively).

Not saying it's awful, just not that amazing. I've done the upgraded DZV2; it just isn't say, a must have buy or something like that.

I want to say some official magazine showed this off before the WBO deemed it legal(?) but I could be remembering something totally false.
The tweak is insanely useful. Rubber tips wear down, and are expensive. I'm not going to stock up on 7 $80+ Uriel 2s, when I could buy a Seaborg for fifteen buckaroos. We already have the WB2 casings for Uriel 2, so 1% of players can have a good Attack combo that doesn't explode (Gold Plastic Syndrome) in your face. The rest are screwed without this cheap tweak.
I've only found one to be loose, and that's probably due to the prior owner's wear anyways.
This isn't a mod for the fun of it; rather based on necessity.
I want to say that as well but I also can't remember if it's true. Seems likely though.
which is best Eight Spiker [Dragoon G's AR] based Smash Attack Combo?

thanks
(May. 26, 2016  10:43 PM)FIREFIRE Wrote: which is best Eight Spiker [Dragoon G's AR] based Smash Attack Combo?

thanks

I like
AR: Eight Spiker
WD: Wide Defense
SG: Neo Left (Normal Core or Metal Weight)
BB: Defense Grip Base (Inverted Tip)

That's basically how it is for the majority of the attack type combos, with the exception of like, spin direction.
Usually for smash Attack I'll go for a little heftier core like MG or something like that.
HMC is too much, and I feel like lighter setups are more of an Upper Attack thing.
But yeah, decent combo.
Definitely a fake 8 Heavy.
Damn it looks so legit tho (material wise).
(May. 27, 2016  1:32 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: what is this WD

[Image: 90f7a7b13cef46b5ad22b3c38f7ceb47.png]

That's just a flipped 8 Balance. I do that, too, if the Bey has a loose fit.
No it's definitely fake. The underside of 8 Balance is nowhere near that filled out. I've got one of those and it looks like that on both sides. Also please refrain from posting if you're not knowledgeable enough to give a correct answer.
would there be any way to legalize inverted tip + storm grip base
and/or
inverted tip from storm grip base + gabriel base
(May. 27, 2016  11:31 AM)NEET no Kami Wrote: would there be any way to legalize inverted tip + storm grip base
and/or
inverted tip from storm grip base + gabriel base

Legalizing inverted Storm Grip is a dream, but unfortunately the tip doesn't hold as well as defense grip base. As far as I can tell, you can't use SG free wing like that because it's exchanging parts of the base, which is the same principal of using the tip from Defense Grip Base with SG Metal Ball Base.
(May. 27, 2016  8:15 AM)Ultra Wrote: No it's definitely fake. The underside of 8 Balance is nowhere near that filled out. I've got one of those and it looks like that on both sides. Also please refrain from posting if you're not knowledgeable enough to give a correct answer.

I stay with what I said. I have 5 original 8 Balance and they all look like this from the bottom. The whole WD isn't filled out. Only half of the height is filled out. It also looks like this when you flip it over. You have your opinion and I have my opinion. As long as we haven't asked the owner of this WD nobody is right or wrong.
In this case, it's not an opinion, it's a fact.

[Image: opdaGR0l.jpg]

[Image: BtjLvpBl.jpg]

I don't think you have ever owned a genuine 8 Balance, or even know what it looks like.

Please don't reply if you have absolutely no idea of what you're talking about.