[Plastics] :: Competitive Custom List and Public Discussion

(Aug. 28, 2014  11:39 PM)Neo Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2014  6:59 PM)BrioShield Wrote: Neo...where on earth are you getting that kind of nonsense from?

Bistool is overrated trash. Your opinions almost always go against proven by repeated testing popular opinion.

Also, can we FINALLY get some testing videos?
You always post about how your combos dominate standard time-tested combos, lets see some evidence!

Seriously; I'm busy and barely have time for anything.
I need to do Upper Force Ring combo.
My Cybernetic Dragon broke.

Honestly, I'll try and show 'Bistool MG'. It's insanely powerful. Plastic attack only; left spin smash destroys it. Endurance wise; the only way to beat it is another MG WD to repel Bistool and out spin it.

Why can't you just use a zombie combo against it? Even if it can repel like you say (which I seriously doubt, it wouldn't have any effect on a combo that isn't using a magnecore) it would easily outspin outspin bistool.
(Aug. 29, 2014  12:01 AM)Ultra Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2014  11:39 PM)Neo Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2014  6:59 PM)BrioShield Wrote: Neo...where on earth are you getting that kind of nonsense from?

Bistool is overrated trash. Your opinions almost always go against proven by repeated testing popular opinion.

Also, can we FINALLY get some testing videos?
You always post about how your combos dominate standard time-tested combos, lets see some evidence!

Seriously; I'm busy and barely have time for anything.
I need to do Upper Force Ring combo.
My Cybernetic Dragon broke.

Honestly, I'll try and show 'Bistool MG'. It's insanely powerful. Plastic attack only; left spin smash destroys it. Endurance wise; the only way to beat it is another MG WD to repel Bistool and out spin it.

Why can't you just use a zombie combo against it? Even if it can repel like you say (which I seriously doubt, it wouldn't have any effect on a combo that isn't using a magnecore) it would easily outspin outspin bistool.

I highly advise you try it.
BTW, I was using it against
Tiger Defenser
Wide Survivor
Bearing Base
And it won every battle. It lost one via KO.
(Aug. 28, 2014  11:55 PM)BrioShield Wrote: Photos of broken cybernetic dragoon!

Alright man seriously that's enough. Neo knows what he is saying is new and relatively unknown but I'm pretty sure he knows that he's not gonna prove anything without tests and some evidence. I'm sure there's no need to rush him or be like that.

Neo, if you have got valid test results and some video footage of what you are satin that's be appreciated, but obviously we can't just take for word on something that completely goes against what we already know.
(Aug. 29, 2014  12:10 AM)Poseidon Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2014  11:55 PM)BrioShield Wrote: Photos of broken cybernetic dragoon!

Alright man seriously that's enough. Neo knows what he is saying is new and relatively unknown but I'm pretty sure he knows that he's not gonna prove anything without tests and some evidence. I'm sure there's no need to rush him or be like that.

Neo, if you have got valid test results and some video footage of what you are satin that's be appreciated, but obviously we can't just take for word on something that completely goes against what we already know.

Sure. I'll see what I can do.
The spike above the eye broke off in a chunk.
What about your Upper Force Ring being useful can we have something on that aswell
deleted
Update on the siutation?
Deleted
What's the competitive use of Circle Survivor? I heard it can be put to good use with Rock Bison's BB.

Also, do any of Trygle 2's parts have decent competitive use?
https://thinkblargh.wordpress.com/2012/0...hat-could/ This article explains the usefulness of wolborg 4. trygle 2 has no competing use except for the weight disk and spin gear which can be found in other beyblades
(Jun. 11, 2016  11:02 PM)ForZ Wrote: What's the competitive use of Circle Survivor? I heard it can be put to good use with Rock Bison's BB.

Trygle 2's AR is too light and too wide, similar to Galeon 2's AR and Poseidon's AR. Not only that, the contact points are kinda lame imo
Pretty sure the best setup for Circle survivor is stock wb4 normal base; don't use the Rock Bison gear. I think it's best to keep the weight disk low. Since you'll use Tiger Defenser or Bistool for AR, it shouldn't matter if you make contact on the WD/AR with the opponent. Rock gear is taller, and leaves a little gap which could mess up performance if the opponent lodges inside that gap.

Seconding thoughts on Trygle 2's AR. I have it. Nothing great or notable.
I thought Roller Defenser AR and 10 Heavy was the way to go on Circle Survivor. But yeah, not so sure why you would want to be taller. Seems like you would want attack to hit your AR, as opposed to just punting you by the base
(Jun. 13, 2016  3:37 AM)Neo Wrote: Pretty sure the best setup for Circle survivor is stock wb4 normal base; don't use the Rock Bison gear. I think it's best to keep the weight disk low. Since you'll use Tiger Defenser or Bistool for AR, it shouldn't matter if you make contact on the WD/AR with the opponent. Rock gear is taller, and leaves a little gap which could mess up performance if the opponent lodges inside that gap.

Seconding thoughts on Trygle 2's AR. I have it. Nothing great or notable.

Nope. It's better if it's higher up which it is when you use rock bison. There is no chance of the opponent will lodge in the gap either. Where do you get this stuff from?

(Jun. 13, 2016  6:38 AM)Zoroaste Wrote: I thought Roller Defenser AR and 10 Heavy was the way to go on Circle Survivor. But yeah, not so sure why you would want to be taller. Seems like you would want attack to hit your AR, as opposed to just punting you by the base

No not really. You want the opponent to hit the free spinning base so taller is better.
While I completely agree with Ultra about taller being better for Circle Survivor setups for reasons he already explained, I still use the normal WB4 EG and Base because I find the prongs on the Rock Bison one to be a bad shape so the CEW often become stuck in a position that kills its Stamina and prohibits it from spinning freely. I just uploaded a video of it on youtube that shows off what I'm talking about, since it's kinda hard to explain with words.
From 0:01 to 0:07 is how the CEW should fit on the EG prongs.
From 0:08 to 0:18 is what ends up happening when I launch EG Circle Defenser with Wolborg 4'S CEW.
From 0:30 to 0:36 is the normal behavior of the combo, albeit slightly more aggressive than it should be.
At 0:53 Dranzer V2 delivers the hit that tilts the CEW into a bad position, and as you can see it makes a visible difference in the balance and Stamina. And at the very end of the video when I pick up the Circle Survivor combo you can see that the CEW is all messed up. I have only encountered this issue with the Rock Bison's EG, and not with the normal WB4 prongs.
I don't see the logic. Your base is free spinning relative to the AR, but not relative to the stadium floor. The tip and base are all one piece, spinning as any bey would spin. The only difference to me seems to be the free spinning top half. I could see a hit to the AR being deflected better than a hit to the base. The base can spin and deflect too, but I can't see it deflecting better than something completely free spinning and uneffected by friction (the AR). It also makes your center of gravity higher, which usually isn't a good thing. A hit from under (or at least lower realative to) your center of gravity would logically lift up and KO better than a hit above (or higher relative to) it
I would like to share my mods if anyone is interested
is the gyro base from torch pegasus usable/legal/good?
(Jun. 13, 2016  8:13 AM)Wombat Wrote: While I completely agree with Ultra about taller being better for Circle Survivor setups for reasons he already explained, I still use the normal WB4 EG and Base because I find the prongs on the Rock Bison one to be a bad shape so the CEW often become stuck in a position that kills its Stamina and prohibits it from spinning freely. I just uploaded a video of it on youtube that shows off what I'm talking about, since it's kinda hard to explain with words.
From 0:08 to 0:18 is what ends up happening when I launch EG Circle Defenser with Wolborg 4'S CEW.
From 0:30 to 0:36 is the normal behavior of the combo, albeit slightly more aggressive than it should be.
At 0:53 Dranzer V2 delivers the hit that tilts the CEW into a bad position, and as you can see it makes a visible difference in the balance and Stamina. And at the very end of the video when I pick up the Circle Survivor combo you can see that the CEW is all messed up. I have only encountered this issue with the Rock Bison's EG, and not with the normal WB4 prongs.

I've never had an issue with Rock Bison's EG, and it's very noticeably better IMO. Even with hits hard enough to send the bit chip flying (but still not KO the damnable thing) the CEW stays comfortably in place.

Optimal setup btw, which I never posted, is:

AR: Roller Defense Ring
WD: 10 Heavy
SG: Right Engine Gear (Circle Defenser)
BB: Normal Base (Wolborg 4 Ver.)
CEW: Circle Survivor

Frankly I am only posting this now as plastics are largely dead. It's near impossible to KO, especially without the illegal or fragile Screw Zeus combos (hell, even with them it's right spin only and even when my sliding shot was at its best after thousands of rounds of AR testing, it was still dead 50/50 if not 60/40 in Circle Survivor a favour) and depending whether or not you wind the EG and where you launch it, it has little trouble beating every major archetype.

I absolutely despise this thing. It's not fun, it requires very little skill, and it's extremely reliable in my experience.

(Jun. 13, 2016  9:06 AM)Zoroaste Wrote: I don't see the logic. Your base is free spinning relative to the AR, but not relative to the stadium floor. The tip and base are all one piece, spinning as any bey would spin. The only difference to me seems to be the free spinning top half. I could see a hit to the AR being deflected better than a hit to the base. The base can spin and deflect too, but I can't see it deflecting better than something completely free spinning and uneffected by friction (the AR). It also makes your center of gravity higher, which usually isn't a good thing. A hit from under (or at least lower realative to) your center of gravity would logically lift up and KO better than a hit above (or higher relative to) it

I know this is old but I would love to see a Beyblade capable of lifting this fatass of a Beyblade 😂
For reference, circle survivor is in fact extremely good at *not* being lifted.

The top part isn't free spinning in the direction you think it is - it's actually the source of momentum for the CEW, which is why a compact setup up there is obnoxiously effective, to the point where despite my love of popularising combos, I quietly put the options for it on the list and didn't say a word. You can literally grab the combo by Circle Survivor, walk away from the stadium and back, put it down, and the thing will start spinning again. It's obscene.

(Jun. 11, 2016  11:23 PM)Cookie Bouquets Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2016  11:02 PM)ForZ Wrote: What's the competitive use of Circle Survivor? I heard it can be put to good use with Rock Bison's BB.

Trygle 2's AR is too light and too wide, similar to Galeon 2's AR and Poseidon's AR. Not only that, the contact points are kinda lame imo

Wide is good. The contact points however aren't. 
I honestly expect Trident Vector to be okay - personally I have little doubt it's well clear of the Triangle Club, but it might suffer the same issue as Cybernetic Dragon where the contact points are just too straight out to not suffer from horrendous recoil. Unfortunately I'm not currently in the position to pony up $500 and destroy the resale value to find out.
That and maybe Crab Diver's AR in left spin may be the only parts left that I suspect could have any competitive relevance that I am yet to test.

Anyway, I've removed illegal Screw Zeus combos from the list. Other than that it seems there is little to change - left spin compacts have been investigated more but it seems the parts are much the same anyway so the list still works.
(Apr. 03, 2021  2:41 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Jun. 13, 2016  8:13 AM)Wombat Wrote: While I completely agree with Ultra about taller being better for Circle Survivor setups for reasons he already explained, I still use the normal WB4 EG and Base because I find the prongs on the Rock Bison one to be a bad shape so the CEW often become stuck in a position that kills its Stamina and prohibits it from spinning freely. I just uploaded a video of it on youtube that shows off what I'm talking about, since it's kinda hard to explain with words.

I've never had an issue with Rock Bison's EG, and it's very noticeably better IMO. Even with hits hard enough to send the bit chip flying (but still not KO the damnable thing) the CEW stays comfortably in place.

Frankly I am only posting this now as plastics are largely dead. It's near impossible to KO, especially without the illegal or fragile Screw Zeus combos (hell, even with them it's right spin only and even when my sliding shot was at its best after thousands of rounds of AR testing, it was still dead 50/50 if not 60/40 in Circle Survivor a favour) and depending whether or not you wind the EG and where you launch it, it has little trouble beating every major archetype.

I absolutely despise this thing. It's not fun, it requires very little skill, and it's extremely reliable in my experience.

(Jun. 13, 2016  9:06 AM)Zoroaste Wrote: I don't see the logic. Your base is free spinning relative to the AR, but not relative to the stadium floor. The tip and base are all one piece, spinning as any bey would spin. The only difference to me seems to be the free spinning top half. I could see a hit to the AR being deflected better than a hit to the base. The base can spin and deflect too, but I can't see it deflecting better than something completely free spinning and uneffected by friction (the AR). It also makes your center of gravity higher, which usually isn't a good thing. A hit from under (or at least lower realative to) your center of gravity would logically lift up and KO better than a hit above (or higher relative to) it

I know this is old but I would love to see a Beyblade capable of lifting this fatass of a Beyblade 😂

The top part isn't free spinning in the direction you think it is - it's actually the source of momentum for the CEW, which is why a compact setup up there is obnoxiously effective, to the point where despite my love of popularising combos, I quietly put the options for it on the list and didn't say a word. You can literally grab the combo by Circle Survivor, walk away from the stadium and back, put it down, and the thing will start spinning again. It's obscene.

(Jun. 11, 2016  11:23 PM)Cookie Bouquets Wrote: Trygle 2's AR is too light and too wide, similar to Galeon 2's AR and Poseidon's AR. Not only that, the contact points are kinda lame imo

I honestly expect Trident Vector to be okay - personally I have little doubt it's well clear of the Triangle Club, but it might suffer the same issue as Cybernetic Dragon where the contact points are just too straight out to not suffer from horrendous recoil. Unfortunately I'm not currently in the position to pony up $500 and destroy the resale value to find out.
That and maybe Crab Diver's AR in left spin may be the only parts left that I suspect could have any competitive relevance that I am yet to test.

Anyway, I've removed illegal Screw Zeus combos from the list. Other than that it seems there is little to change - left spin compacts have been investigated more but it seems the parts are much the same anyway so the list still works.

The rulebook has been updated to allow the screw Zeus with Dragon Breaker actually.  You will noticed that the specific mention of dragon break being banned with screw zeus has been removed.
(Apr. 04, 2021  5:01 AM)Shindog Wrote:
(Apr. 03, 2021  2:41 PM)th!nk Wrote: I've never had an issue with Rock Bison's EG, and it's very noticeably better IMO. Even with hits hard enough to send the bit chip flying (but still not KO the damnable thing) the CEW stays comfortably in place.

The rulebook has been updated to allow the screw Zeus with Dragon Breaker actually.  You will noticed that the specific mention of dragon break being banned with screw zeus has been removed.

The most recent version I could find said nothing that bends Screw Zeus and that it must sit level, and the whole discussion started with screw Zeus being bent by dragon breaker. My Screw Zeus was relatively heavily used when I got it, but even now the underside of the SAR sits above the underside of the AR.

Unless there is specific discussion stating it is legal?
(Apr. 04, 2021  5:01 AM)Shindog Wrote:
(Apr. 03, 2021  2:41 PM)th!nk Wrote: I've never had an issue with Rock Bison's EG, and it's very noticeably better IMO. Even with hits hard enough to send the bit chip flying (but still not KO the damnable thing) the CEW stays comfortably in place.

This update explains

https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-WBO-Org...ore--95228

[Image: 1K8XFbj.png]
(Apr. 04, 2021  5:20 AM)Shindog Wrote:
(Apr. 04, 2021  5:01 AM)Shindog Wrote: The rulebook has been updated to allow the screw Zeus with Dragon Breaker actually.  You will noticed that the specific mention of dragon break being banned with screw zeus has been removed.

This update explains

Oh sweet. Sorry, it's been hard catching up, so thank you very much for bringing it to my attention. I am glad my favourite son is not illegal. When I get back to my computer I will fix the list Smile

I'm leaving the hayate AR up as I'm convinced it was legal and discussions were had to that effect. I'm not sure I have the energy to do more than the post I already made about it though.
(Apr. 04, 2021  5:28 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Apr. 04, 2021  5:20 AM)Shindog Wrote: This update explains

Oh sweet. Sorry, it's been hard catching up, so thank you very much for bringing it to my attention. I am glad my favourite son is not illegal. When I get back to my computer I will fix the list Smile

I'm leaving the hayate AR up as I'm convinced it was legal and discussions were had to that effect. I'm not sure I have the energy to do more than the post I already made about it though.
No problem, I may have been crusading for this.
(Apr. 04, 2021  5:31 AM)Shindog Wrote:
(Apr. 04, 2021  5:28 AM)th!nk Wrote: Oh sweet. Sorry, it's been hard catching up, so thank you very much for bringing it to my attention. I am glad my favourite son is not illegal. When I get back to my computer I will fix the list Smile

No problem, I may have been crusading for this.

Deep gratitude then, my friend. From both myself and my Orthrus AR. Did I miss much else? Wombat caught me up a little, but you're pretty active it seems like. I imagine Dragon Saucer SAR (I had to double check that when I got back) would have made a few otherwise goofy ARs more useful?