[Philadelphia, PA] Holiday Tournament Discussion

(Aug. 03, 2011  2:42 AM)Deikailo Wrote: You can't do back-to-back events? It's going to be on a different day.
Oh I forogt they were on a Different day i could ask but I sure Doubt it so much Driving my mom thinks she ok with it but she doesn't think it worth the gas for Blading unfortunatly However I will ask Tomorrow
No, I feel her on that one. We might be going down to MD the next day as well.
(Aug. 03, 2011  2:57 AM)Deikailo Wrote: No, I feel her on that one. We might be going down to MD the next day as well.

I just asked her she said maybe and to give her more time to think We might be driving up there to see my mentor on that Friday Perfect Schedule in my idea however my mom groans at it
Maybe you can do what I do and cram some more people in the car and have them contribute toward gas? idk
It looks like you started the thread already. Thank God I found it, black wing and @King97(I think that's how you spell it) will mostly likely be coming. Same with Shadow_98 and a few more without WBO accounts. Thanks for the help, Deikailo. Also, why not try hosting it at Kerr Field. It's a track field and I doubt an event will be held there until the school year starts, so yeah try it.
will b thur certainly. i live in philly but i come around my friends everyday.
(Aug. 03, 2011  3:13 AM)Flame Aries Wrote: It looks like you started the thread already. Thank God I found it, black wing and @King97(I think that's how you spell it) will mostly likely be coming. Same with Shadow_98 and a few more without WBO accounts. Thanks for the help, Deikailo. Also, why not try hosting it at Kerr Field. It's a track field and I doubt an event will be held there until the school year starts, so yeah try it.
What is more popular: Kerr Field or Kingsessing Playground? I'm not familiar with the area so I'm not sure what would be a better bet. It would be beneficial to put it in a location that everyone knows of.
(Aug. 03, 2011  3:26 AM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Aug. 03, 2011  3:13 AM)Flame Aries Wrote: It looks like you started the thread already. Thank God I found it, black wing and @King97(I think that's how you spell it) will mostly likely be coming. Same with Shadow_98 and a few more without WBO accounts. Thanks for the help, Deikailo. Also, why not try hosting it at Kerr Field. It's a track field and I doubt an event will be held there until the school year starts, so yeah try it.
What is more popular: Kerr Field or Kingsessing Playground? I'm not familiar with the area so I'm not sure what would be a better bet. It would be beneficial to put it in a location that everyone knows of.
I agree with you and in my opinion I don't think either of them is very popular places:\,that could work to our advantage though, but you do what you think is best.XD
Well, where are your friends located? Nearby?

I mean, I think at this stage of the game we should just do what's convenient for you and your crew since you're bringing a majority of the attendees. It wouldn't make sense for all of us to go like, 15-25 minutes out of our way to gain 2-3 more random attendees.

Kingsessing Park is like, a 10 minute walk from you, right?
Actually, I'm not fond of Kingsessing Park because I do not know it's exact location, but I know it's nearby The Problem and I'd prefer Kerr Field because the majority of us know where it is, but I'll take the time to check out the park to compare the two locations.
All right everyone think the tourment should be at Clark Park a nice place to bey battle and pretty good for shade if u dount no were the park is look it up on google map and the tourment might be on the 13th
Kingsessing Playground has a place called the Francis Meyer Recreation Center. It might be better to do it there if the recreation center will allow us to play there. We want to have a place to go in case it rains.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Kerr+Field...g&t=h&z=19

Check it out!
im fond of kerr field 2. me and flame aries used 2 run track there.
(Aug. 03, 2011  3:57 AM)The Problem Wrote: All right everyone think the tourment should be at Clark Park a nice place to bey battle and pretty good for shade if u dount no were the park is look it up on google map and the tourment might be on the 13th
About how far is it from your house?
ok will look the place up or will click the link.
Okay, we could do Kerr Field, but where should we go if it rains?
Good question, I'll look up some spots or we could reschedule?
You know how in the Maryland tournament they had that picnic table area? They use that if it rains. Are there any places like that?
Like there would be a hood to take cover from the rain and/or a nearby place to go indoors?
Right, something like that. Any place will be okay. I'll bring blankets to lay on the ground so our tips won't get damaged if the awning is over asphalt.
Another option is possibly hosting it in a library? I know a lot of libraries like to do interactive stuff for kids so it might work out.
@blackwing That was an unnecessary comment

Deikailo The libraries I know of is small and don't have the space.:\
We only need space for 20. Some libraries have extra rooms and such for that.