Phantom Discussion

Rusty X.D: Phantom is definetely suitable for tourney situation. In the UK Phantom is overused by at least 8/24 people. Mainly on 85/BD145/TH170EDS/D/EWD/SD or B : D

The finalists all used Phantom and attack is almost forgotten.
I use only attack in the group stages but as you can tell from my beypoints, I suck!
(Oct. 12, 2011  1:13 AM)Yamislayer Wrote: Even if it's not legal, are you sure your opponent didn't have anything on the bottom?
I did some test (with verifying purposes ONLY) with spraying a very little bit of teflon. my SD looked smooth but not really suspicious, and guesss what? it was winning everytime.

I'm not saying your opponent was doing such a thing but did you check his/her bey? Cause that result seems to be SO SCREWED UP man.

Out of curiosity, how would you check for teflon spray? Is there a scent, or would it just feel greasy?
(Oct. 12, 2011  7:21 PM)Shadow Scythe Wrote: Rusty X.D: Phantom is definetely suitable for tourney situation. In the UK Phantom is overused by at least 8/24 people. Mainly on 85/BD145/TH170EDS/D/EWD/SD or B : D

The finalists all used Phantom and attack is almost forgotten.
I use only attack in the group stages but as you can tell from my beypoints, I suck!

Well are then any basalt combos ? Usually basalt KO's phantom with ease.
(Oct. 12, 2011  9:21 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: Out of curiosity, how would you check for teflon spray? Is there a scent, or would it just feel greasy?

That's quite a problem. It actually feels greasy... if you touch it before playing it, otherwise it just looks "too smooth"
the main problem is, how can you actually prove that someone is using a spray and it's not the bottom beying smooth (maybe someone can say "it's quite new" or things like these, and we don't have a "smoothness scale" you know)

so yeah it doesn't sound that great.
(Oct. 12, 2011  9:21 PM)Arupaeo Wrote:
(Oct. 12, 2011  1:13 AM)Yamislayer Wrote: Even if it's not legal, are you sure your opponent didn't have anything on the bottom?
I did some test (with verifying purposes ONLY) with spraying a very little bit of teflon. my SD looked smooth but not really suspicious, and guesss what? it was winning everytime.

I'm not saying your opponent was doing such a thing but did you check his/her bey? Cause that result seems to be SO SCREWED UP man.

Out of curiosity, how would you check for teflon spray? Is there a scent, or would it just feel greasy?

Any teflon spray someone attending a Beyblade tournament is likely to get will have an extremely noticable smell from a close range, if you're keying in on it deliberately/looking for it.

Now, if they thought ahead to use an industrial teflon and fan it off after an initial coat, the smell will probably be weaker - but, still discernable if you investigate.

The real issue is sniffing people's beyblades making you look like a kook. Teflon-glossed parts will also be very slick to the touch, almost like gliding your finger over a laminate surface with a microfilm on it.
Sorry for being naggy, but can someone try to test it against MF LLDBD145RF?

No. Basalt is hardly used over here anymore. Phantom dominates!!!
that´s right, basalt isn´t as goog as phantom in stamina, but I thing low attack blades could win easily against phantom. see at blitz wheel, it´s has good chance to win against phantom I have test it Wink and 8 from 10 batlles blitz unicorno 85 r2f (assult) wins, but at the moment I thing every stamina and every defnse blade is lossing against phantom.
Well that my be why phantom dominates because basalt isn't used over here there are heaps of basalt users and when they go up against phantom they KO it.
(Oct. 13, 2011  5:09 AM)Hazel Wrote:
(Oct. 12, 2011  9:21 PM)Arupaeo Wrote: Out of curiosity, how would you check for teflon spray? Is there a scent, or would it just feel greasy?

Any teflon spray someone attending a Beyblade tournament is likely to get will have an extremely noticable smell from a close range, if you're keying in on it deliberately/looking for it.

Now, if they thought ahead to use an industrial teflon and fan it off after an initial coat, the smell will probably be weaker - but, still discernable if you investigate.

The real issue is sniffing people's beyblades making you look like a kook. Teflon-glossed parts will also be very slick to the touch, almost like gliding your finger over a laminate surface with a microfilm on it.

LOL, yeah, the parents would probably flip out if I started smelling their kid's beyblades... I appreciate the info though, and will keep an eye out for too slick-looking or feeling tips during parts inspection before battles.
MF Phantom Orion BD145CS vs MFH Scythe Kronos BD145EDS (slight aggro)
Phantom 20-20
Scythe 0-20

Alternating Shots

Phantom 100% All OS

MF Phantom Orion BD145CS vs MFH Scythe 85EDS (calm)
Phantom 20-20
Scythe 0-20

Alternating Shots

Phantom 100% All OS

MF Phantom Orion BD145CS vs MF VariAres CH120RF(prime) (right)
Phantom 11-20
VariAres 9-20 All KO

Phantom 55% all

MF Phantom Orion BD145CS vs MF VariAres CH120RF(prime) (left)
Phantom 6-20
VariAres 14-20

Phantom 30%

MF Phantom Orion BD145CS vs MFH Basalt Aquario BD145MB
Phantom 20-20
BASALT 0-20

Alternating Shots

Phantom 100%

Decent as a Defense custom for sure. and it KILLS Basalt

MF Phantom Orion BD145CS vs MF Blitz Herculeo S130R2f
Phantom 9-20
Blitz 11-20

Phantom 45%

Compared to

MFH Basalt Aquario BD145MB vs MF Blitz Herculeo S130R2F
Basalt 5-20
Blitz 15-20

Basalt 25%

All tests, standard Procedures

Phantom ALWAYS in Stamina mode
Quote:MF Phantom Orion BD145CS vs MF VariAres CH120RF (right)
Phantom 11-20
VariAres 9-20 All KO

Phantom 55% all

MF Phantom Orion BD145CS vs MF VariAres CH120RF (left)
Phantom 6-20
VariAres 14-20

Phantom 30%

This testing is very surprising, first in part that Phantom can hold that Variares custom to under 50% in right spin when Variares CH120RF has about an 85% win rate against MF-H Basalt Bull BD145CS. Also, What mode was Phantom in and what condition is the RF in? , and does this testing lead to speculation that Phantom may have better defensive capabilities than Basalt?
(Oct. 19, 2011  1:11 AM)gibsonmac Wrote: This testing is very surprising, first in part that Phantom can hold that Variares custom to under 50% in right spin when Variares CH120RF has about an 85% win rate against MF-H Basalt Bull BD145CS. Also, What mode was Phantom in and what condition is the RF in? , and does this testing lead to speculation that Phantom may have better defensive capabilities than Basalt?

Better than Basalt is Exactly what I'm Arguing, there are TONS of combos that basalt is spammed on, where other wheels in fact do better... that is like 90% of the combos I propose, Wheels/parts that are overlooked due to rarity (bakushin, mercury) or because the paradigm is 'stamina' or 'attack' wheel usage only... Yes Phantom performs better on BD145CS than Basalt... and it 100%'s the basalt combo in a straight-up showdown, pretty wicked

And as I've already posted MANY videos backing my previous findings, my tests are legit... Basalt has a nice tall square profile (cross-section) with all these cool little grooves for VariAres to dig into, viola KO!!! Phantom is sleeker, better balance/weight distributed, and just as stout (more so actually) as basalt, I say it is better, not only in stamina, but defense usage as well, and I'm thinking most likely anti-meta as well (untested claim, just a hunch)... the only thing basalt has going for it is weight/mass... Phantom has close to as much weight (5 grams shy), and has the added bonus of, oh I don't know, engineering... of a Ferrari... as compared to a school bus (basalt), a short one...

By the Way, I routinely go 100% against basalt with Vari, Blitz, sometimes Beat (I Luuuuvvvee Attack types!!) can't say that about Phantom (or Bakushin for that matter), much to my dismay...
thx gibsonmac, and it seems so phantom is better in defense but that´s not right basalt is better, but only a bit , I say, please test they against other attack wheels and in stamina phantom is much better than basalt taht´s now fact
gibsonmac: Why did Variares do better in left spin than in right?
(Oct. 19, 2011  12:43 PM)KiLL_SwiTcH Wrote: gibsonmac: Why did Variares do better in left spin than in right?

Because Phantom is right spin, causing greater opportunity for immediate direct confrontations... Which is where Vari shines
(Oct. 19, 2011  8:24 AM)Glowfire1 Wrote: thx gibsonmac, and it seems so phantom is better in defense but that´s not right basalt is better, but only a bit , I say, please test they against other attack wheels

Just tested it against the current two 'best' attack wheels made... if you are talking comparison tests, the tests VS Basalt already exist, so there ya go. And the numbers say Phantom is in fact a better defense option, by more than a bit (my numbers anyway). I've already touched on why IMO Phantom is having better results (engineering + mass > mass + School bus, the short variety).
Could you redo the left spin VariAres test using a weak shot for Phantom?
Which Vari combo??? R145 or CH120??
By briefly looking, you only tested the CH120RF variant so when he said 'redo' he meant that.
word, I've done so many testings lately, can't remember what I posted where... the R145RF is usually in the gauntlet
you say vari ares is one of the best attack beys? lol
I have thought on beat or fang wheel
(Oct. 21, 2011  11:25 AM)Glowfire1 Wrote: you say vari ares is one of the best attack beys? lol
I have thought on beat or fang wheel

Yeah, Vari is def one of the best, along with Blitz, Beat, Lightning, and while I do like Fang, it cannot/does not perform like the aforementioned, it tends to self KO pretty regular due to its shape, producing flat recoil(fang goes straight back, as does the opposing bey, resulting in self KO), as opposed to lightning for instance which forces the opposing bey up and away, while itself down and away, thus keeping it in the stadium. These are all scenarios against Defense types.

So I wouldn't go so far as to say Fang is among the best attack wheels, though it does well in Attack v Attack... which is why the Italians have it Top Tier, but that match up rarely happens elsewhere
Beat is incredibly strong... at the correct height, and that's its problem.

About Fang, i have a quite different opinion, but it seems that the rest of my country likes it, so meh.

Vari is pure destruction lol, i'm never happy when facing it.
What is the optimal height for Beat?
it depends on opponent's height. that's the big problem. beat would be good by knowing opponent's height, but still, iif you know your opponent's combo, you have way more options