Phantom Discussion

Can anyone test MF-H Phantom Orion BGrin vs MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230CS and MF-H Basalt Kerbecs TH170WF?

(Oct. 02, 2011  9:47 PM)ControL_ Wrote:
(Oct. 02, 2011  8:07 PM)BeybladeStation Wrote: I had this planned out already:

MF-H Phantom Orion 90R2F VS. MF-H Basalt Aquario GB145CS
Phantom Orion Wins: 8
Basalt Aquario Wins: 2
This wasn't surprising after my results.

MF Phantom Horogium R145RF v MF Basalt Pegasis TH170CS (220)

Phantom wins 14 (12 KO 2 OS)
Basalt wins 6 (5 OS 1 KO)

Phantom Win percentage: 70%

CS is slightly aggro. RF is mintish/prime.

Phantom did slightly better than I expected actually. It's beastly if your RF is fast enough, I don't think a slowish RF will cut it.

-
Visually, Phantom is extremely similar to Burn, it mimics the two bumps on the sides that act as the prime contact points, but Phantom has better weight distribution around the outside.

Which side were you guys using (attack I assume) this thing is a beast so far, best stamina as far as I've seen and tested, great defense possibilities, and apparently decent for attack as well... I never ever would have expected these kind of results... think I may be buying a couple more lol
(Sep. 25, 2011  8:10 PM)BeybladeStation Wrote: Then it would be good to try an LTDC..

SOmething, as perhaps even: MF-H Phantom Orion [Stamina Mode] 100RB

bumping this combination if anyone has the parts to test
I played MF-F Phantom Fox D125WD vs. Scythe Kronos D125WD today at the tournament in Toronto and lost. Needless to say, I was shocked. Even more so when I played the same combo with Aquario in a free battle afterwards and still lost. Speechless
Attack Mode or Stamina Mode?
(Oct. 10, 2011  4:04 AM)BeybladeStation Wrote: Attack Mode or Stamina Mode?

Stamina Mode, and same with Scythe (or "Free-Spinning mode", whatever it's called).
You should've used Attack Mode, there is so much less recoil..
(Oct. 10, 2011  4:03 AM)Kei Wrote: I played MF-F Phantom Fox D125WD vs. Scythe Kronos D125WD today at the tournament in Toronto and lost. Needless to say, I was shocked. Even more so when I played the same combo with Aquario in a free battle afterwards and still lost. Speechless

This.

I did notice also, in some battles against other combinations, Phantom can win by OS, when Scythe can not.

Strangely, when battled against each other with mirror parts, Scythe will most likely take the win. I have a strong feeling that Scythe mw is very sensitive to height difference for its contact points.
Phantom is greatly versatile on its homing bottom, B : D. Even if it is strange so, it is probably because of Scythe's thin-ness.
(Oct. 10, 2011  4:08 AM)BeybladeStation Wrote: You should've used Attack Mode, there is so much less recoil..

So, Attack Mode is better in general? Is its Stamina affected at all? Based on some of the results I see in the OP, Attack Mode seems to be much worse.

(Oct. 10, 2011  4:11 AM)Uwik Wrote: Strangely, when battled against each other with mirror parts, Scythe will most likely take the win. I have a strong feeling that Scythe mw is very sensitive to height difference for its contact points.

I did a lot of testing the night before the tournament, but not any straight up Scythe vs. Phantom Stamina battles because the results I had been reading were so heavily in Phantom's favour ... it was really odd. :S Now, check this out:

Attack Stadium
BeyLauncher + Launcher Grip
Alternating Shots
WD's switched half way through

MF-F Phantom Fox (Stamina Mode) D125WD vs. Scythe Kronos (Stamina Mode) D125WD
MF-F Phantom Fox D125WD: 10 wins
Scythe Kronos D125WD: 0 wins
Phantom win percentage: 100%

There was no contest whatsoever. Phantom was dominant. It was the complete opposite of the result I encountered yesterday ... I hate unexplainable variance like this. And here's a few more quick tests:

MF-F Phantom Fox (Stamina Mode) D125WD vs. Scythe Kronos (Stamina Mode) BD145EDS
MF-F Phantom Fox D125WD: 5 wins
Scythe Kronos BD145EDS: 0 wins

MF-F Phantom Fox (Stamina Mode) D125WD vs. Phantom Orion (Stamina Mode) B:D
MF-F Phantom Fox D125WD: 5 wins
Phantom Orion B:D: 0 wins
Maybe you are confusing Stamina and Attack Mode? That is a horrible mistake that I had made, fixed it up though.

Generally, because of that "smirk" the recoil is quite surprisingly high. So I would not see WD as viable on B:D.

But hell with that, your tests prove otherwise.. hm.
(Oct. 10, 2011  5:21 PM)BeybladeStation Wrote: Maybe you are confusing Stamina and Attack Mode? That is a horrible mistake that I had made, fixed it up though.

Generally, because of that "smirk" the recoil is quite surprisingly high. So I would not see WD as viable on B:D.

Stamina Mode is the mode pictured on the front of the box, right?

B:D isn't that impressive, to be honest. It's a cool part, but it's easy to KO and once it gets to a low spin velocity, it becomes incredibly easy to knock off balance. That's not to say that it has no use whatsoever, though.
Even if it's not legal, are you sure your opponent didn't have anything on the bottom?
I did some test (with verifying purposes ONLY) with spraying a very little bit of teflon. my SD looked smooth but not really suspicious, and guesss what? it was winning everytime.

I'm not saying your opponent was doing such a thing but did you check his/her bey? Cause that result seems to be SO SCREWED UP man.
hmmmmmmm looks like that could have happened................................ I really dunno

also

can someone test MF-H Phantom Kerbecs/Bull/Orion/Kronos/Cancer/Aquario TH170/BD145 RB/CS for defense
(Oct. 10, 2011  5:27 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Oct. 10, 2011  5:21 PM)BeybladeStation Wrote: Maybe you are confusing Stamina and Attack Mode? That is a horrible mistake that I had made, fixed it up though.

Generally, because of that "smirk" the recoil is quite surprisingly high. So I would not see WD as viable on BGrin.

Stamina Mode is the mode pictured on the front of the box, right?
Yep. Devil face.
Did some incredibly random testing, here's the results:
Materials: Attack Stadium, Three Segment Launcher Grip, BeyLauncher, Launcher Rubbers.
Alternating shots

Phantom Orion (Stamina Mode) 230D vs. Rock Leone 145WB
Phantom Wins: 7 (6 OS, 1 KO)
Rock Leone Wins: 13 (11 OS, 2 KO)
Phantom Win Percentage: 35%
Rock Win Percentage: 65%

Rock Leone obviously would attack the underside of Phantom, which pretty much destablized it, so that's where the OS' came in, seeing as if it hit it enough, Phantom would floor scrape. Just a little bit of randomness... not sure how much, if any, better TH170 would do, since I do not own the part.
Anybody test this Phantom Bull gb145wd vs Basalt kerbecs 90 wd

Since gb145 the spheares are pushed to the outside causing weight to be in on outside, and phantoms weight is mostly on the outside aswell. wd explains itself, and basalt 90 wd is a short defense combo.
(Oct. 12, 2011  1:13 AM)Yamislayer Wrote: Even if it's not legal, are you sure your opponent didn't have anything on the bottom?
I did some test (with verifying purposes ONLY) with spraying a very little bit of teflon. my SD looked smooth but not really suspicious, and guesss what? it was winning everytime.

I'm not saying your opponent was doing such a thing but did you check his/her bey? Cause that result seems to be SO SCREWED UP man.

Yeah ... I don't get it. My opponent was majinshadow11; I highly doubt that he would do anything to his Bottom intentionally. I'll PM him a link to this and see if he can provide any insight.

(Oct. 12, 2011  1:21 AM)Galaxy Jay Wrote: Yep. Devil face.

Okay, I was indeed using Stamina Mode, then.
Just from the recent tournament Phantom has too much recoil for a tournament situation. IMO the only thing that could help this is if basalt is gone , as that usually exploits its recoil and uses it against Phantom.

Kei Maybe try testing with two people if you could , as testing with two people seems to have different results from my experiences.
RustyXD: Hmm. Do you happen to know which mode it was used in?
He used attack IIRC the one with the face. It was beat by many basalt combos on the day.
^
l
this
Phantom was just thrown like butter
the guy who used it used a MF and it did nothing to save it from the slaughter of Basalt
of course attack murdered it ( i happen to know , i used a VariAres R145RF against it in the combo MF Phantom Kerbecs B:D)
How about testing it as a Out-of the box bey vs Bluezee's infamous MF LLD BD145RF/LRF? I want to see it's defense capabilities
(Oct. 12, 2011  4:30 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Oct. 12, 2011  1:13 AM)Yamislayer Wrote: Even if it's not legal, are you sure your opponent didn't have anything on the bottom?

Yeah ... I don't get it. My opponent was majinshadow11; I highly doubt that he would do anything to his Bottom intentionally. I'll PM him a link to this and see if he can provide any insight.

Yeah that would be good cause this fact got me curious