Phantom Discussion

(Nov. 21, 2011  12:14 AM)hammer hades Wrote: I got my phantom and for my first lauch i did a rather bad launch but still ended up getting :00 minutes exactly in time so does this mean i got the good mold?

It means you got the extremely rare 'Zero' minute mold!!! Nice Pull Stupid
uh lolz is was sure i wrote 5:00 minute sorry about that- but anyways would this be the good mold
Technically people are seeing 6+ minute spin times, but this could just be a variation in your strength and the condition of the bearings' "breaking in", so it's not bad.
yes i that was my first spin of phantom-out of the box
Then it is quite good. Congratulations on not getting a defect!
Yes i congratulate myself for that- so what is the best spin time for phantom so far?
I believe I have seen someone average near 8 minutes with a non-modified launcher, but the more constant "best times" hover around 7:10.
(Nov. 20, 2011  4:33 PM)Dan Wrote: Naw bro, I think he means this:
Yo, can we get some more testing on MF-F Phantom AD145RF vs. anything, really? Perhaps top-tier worthy, we should find out! I am incapacitated right now, so..

Hi i have try Phantom AD145RF ( attack mode ) and the result is really good , but need to try against basalt ( sorry i don't have basalt Unhappy )...is there anyone in here have try Phantom AD145W2D ? ( this one good combo also), i already try it can spin 5 minutes ( Solo Spin ) ,for battle is good also for attack & stamina ( this is my first choice for attack second the AD145RF Smile ). Never try which one will will Phantom AD145W2D Vs Phantom AD145RF ( Maybe someone already test it ? ) ..Sorry cause i only have 1 phantom orion

is there ppl in here have Try Phantom 170 W2D ? or Phantom 230 W2D wanna know is it more good than AD145 ?

Btw i have try much for BGrin Bottom but i never can make it for 6-7 Minutes Unhappy, the best time i get is always 5 minutes ( same like W2D Bottom Pinching_eyes_2 )

anyone have tips to make it 6-7 minutes ?
Please, when trying that phantom attack combo, use (and write) the specific combo: MF-F Phantom Cancer AD145RF (Attack Mode).

Swapping clear wheels and using different faces has a noticeable impact on performance. Aquario, for example, removes the ability to OS many defense customs that are difficult for the combo to KO.

I know we're used to writing out "Wheel ___ Track Tip", but in a combo as apparently sensitive as this, I'd like to keep the facts straight so no one gets confused.

I was going to do some testing today, however I've slept through the day entirely and woken up at 6:30 PM, so it may have to wait.
I just Got my Phantom Orion today
I whas fooling around and made
MF-L Phantom Serpent GB145MF (Attack)
due to homework and all I had only the time to do some formal testings.
But here is a surprise result against
Basalt Bull BD145CS it got 8 out of 10
6 KO wins
2 OS wins
2 Loses
1 OS
1 KO

And also wins against
MF-H Hell Kerbecs BD145CS
7-3
wins where all KO's
and Loses OS
I will post more result towards the end of this week
(Nov. 21, 2011  8:33 AM)shin79 Wrote:
(Nov. 20, 2011  4:33 PM)Dan Wrote: [/spoiler]

Hi i have try Phantom AD145RF ( attack mode ) and the result is really good , but need to try against basalt ( sorry i don't have basalt Unhappy )...is there anyone in here have try Phantom AD145W2D ? ( this one good combo also),

anyone have tips to make it 6-7 minutes ?

W2D isn't that good. WD would be better. Also, in my opinion to make it phantom orion spin 6-7 minutes, I would first start off by rubbing the bottom of the tip with my finger to clean up unnecessary dirt. Next, I would use any type of launcher grip and any type of beylauncher (I've also heard that an LR beylauncher can give it a couple of rotations). Next, just spin as hard as you can!
Did some more testing with MF-H Phantom Bull GB145MF (attack)
vs Basalt Bull BD145CS 16-4
most of the wins where provided by KO

Also did some formal testing with
Phantom Orion 230D
vs Screw Capricorne 85MF 18-2
Phantom Orion 230CS
vs Screw Capricorne 85MF 20-0
On stamina mode it has less survival chance due to its attack mode facing down resulting for allot of recoile and loss of stamina. But when on attack mode it has not very mutch but less recoile and the stamina aint so bad either. I don't know if I am saying something that is already known.
But I am willing to conduct more tests in the future to prove or bust this theorie
Tests:
MF-F Phantom Jupiter 85R2F VS Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS
Phantom: 12 Wins (All KO)
Basalt: 8 Wins (All KO)

MF-F Phantom Aquario 85MF (Stalled) VS Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS (Stalled)
Phantom: 20 Wins (All KO)
Basalt: O Wins

MF-F Phantom Aquario AD145DS VS Basalt Kerbecs 85D
Phantom: 19 Wins (11 OS, 8 KO)
Basalt: 1 Win (KO)

MF-F Phantom Aquario 85DS VS Basalt Kerbecs AD145D
Phantom: 15 Wins (All OS)
Basalt: 5 Wins (4 KO, 1 OS)

MF-F Phantom Aquario AD145R2F VS Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS (Aggro CS)
Phantom: 20 Wins (All KO)
Basalt: 0 Wins

MF-F Phantom Aquario AD145D VS Gravity Perseus 85EWD
Phantom: 0 Wins
Gravity: 20 Wins (All OS)

Phantom in Attack Mode. Gravity in Left Spin, Defense Mode, STM Vers.
Kerbecs orientated in the same position as in the MF-H Basalt Kerbecs TH170WF thread
Stamina matches with height advantage prove nothing at all, really.
Put Phantom, Basalt and Gravity at the same height when doing stamina-related battles.
More improperly done stamina battles.

HOW USEFUL
MFH Phantom AquarioTH170RDF two man testing me and galaxy4ever

I just wanna say this combo is a true balance type combo. That is all.

PA190 vs VariAresR145R2F (11/20) 9 KO 2 OS Vari(9KOs)

PA170 vs VariAresR145R2F (10/10) alllllll KOs. Cool ikr!?

Overall I think RDF is a true balance tip along with PhantomTh170(190 mode) it has decent attack movement, stamina, and defense. We're doing 220 now. Till then cya!

OK! Its official, this combo is extremely a BEAST. Beastly balance combo. RDF as defense/attack, Phantom for stamina and defense, TH170 for attack, defense and stamina.

220 Test

PA220 vs VariAresR145R2F (13/20) 7 Ko 6 OS. Vari(7KOs)

I want you all to take notice on this combo. This could be the evolution of MF Hell KerbecsBD145CS. But preferably 190 and 220 hieght is better performance. Might do an thread for RDF. . . . .
Because of it's height and tip, wouldn't that make it susceptible to LT and MT Phantom stamina combos?
(Dec. 02, 2011  11:11 PM)J o n Wrote: Might do an thread for RDF. . . . .

There is an existing RDF thread.

(Dec. 07, 2011  12:57 AM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: Because of it's height and tip, wouldn't that make it susceptible to LT and MT Phantom stamina combos?

The less metal on metal contact something has, the less stamina reduction it tends to cause, so... aside from WD obviously spinning longer than RDF, not really.
Does the CW Bull/Aquario/Cancer affect the performance of phantom? The balance and stamina and etc..
Yes. I find Cancer offers superior stamina to either on Phantom, and generally most people find Aquario outperforms Bull (on all wheels, not just Phantom).
does phantom ad145wd work well at hasbro stadium?especially on that spiral one.
Really, from personal experience, I'd reccommend just an OOTB Phantom Orion. BGrin allows Phanom to remain unphased by the ridges in any Hasbro stadium.

The advantage is so unfair, it's like Atticus Finch.
(Feb. 02, 2012  10:05 PM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: Really, from personal experience, I'd reccommend just an OOTB Phantom Orion. BGrin allows Phanom to remain unphased by the ridges in any Hasbro stadium.

The advantage is so unfair, it's like Atticus Finch.
Dude, Atticus didn't like unfair advantages...
Hey guys, is phantom better with wd or BD, I know for pure stamina BD is better, but I've heard it isn't too good in battle so could someone clarify please?
I think your question was answered in the thread you asked this before (probably Ask A Question Get An Answer).
Refer to that answer, please!