Performance Tip/Driver - Tower (Draft)

Quote:Tower is a Performance Tip released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-80 Random Booster Shelter Regulus .5S.Tw on October 21, 2017.

==Description==
Tower is a plastic semi-flat that features a unique automatic height-change gimmick. 

Early in battle, the centrifugal force pushes the tip upwards. The semi-flat tip creates a somewhat aggressive movement around the center that is easily knocked around due to the low amount of friction. It cannot reach the tornado ridge, or touch the middle.

Later in battle, the lowered centrifugal force causes the tip to become taller. This change does not help because the tall, thin tip is easily knocked off balance and the semi-flat tip is easily pushed around. In theory the change will help the Beyblade deflect blows, but in reality the poor balance and poor stamina makes it easily defeated in the second mode.

==Overall==

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
B-95 Random Booster Vol. 8 Shelter Regulus.5S.Tw - 01: Shelter Regulus.5S.Tw (dark purple and white tip)
B-95 Random Booster Vol. 8 Shelter Regulus.5S.Tw - 02: Alter Chronos Ring Tower (red and white tip)

Just a draft before real testing.

Wait so is tower any use because if it does become more unstable then it will get defeated easily
tower's gimmick should have been in reverse. tall in the beginning along with the gimmick of sR it would have good stamina and once it slows down it will drop down and along with sR gimmick it would be alot better.

also a reverse tower would benefit layers like gZ and give better uses for vortex and bump frames.
(Oct. 26, 2017  6:20 PM)MWF Wrote: tower's gimmick should have been in reverse. tall in the beginning along with the gimmick of sR it would have good stamina and once it slows down it will drop down and along with sR gimmick it would be alot better.

also a reverse tower would benefit layers like gZ and give better uses for vortex and bump frames.

imagine if hasbro did that
(Oct. 26, 2017  6:47 PM)bidinga Wrote:
(Oct. 26, 2017  6:20 PM)MWF Wrote: tower's gimmick should have been in reverse. tall in the beginning along with the gimmick of sR it would have good stamina and once it slows down it will drop down and along with sR gimmick it would be alot better.

imagine if hasbro did that

I wish but a reverse tower should be something they do with a hasbro only bey. lets say hasbro makes a bey like Shadow Orphius (misspelled Orpheus because hasbro does that). 8b.Pf (Pitfall also known as reverse tower but as a survive) sure the layer would be interesting i am thinking it would have say a free spinning gimmick with a catch (literally) at high spin the layer is locked and will not spin but when the two blades are pushed in it will free spin deflecting attacks. late in battle it will be free spin but killing stamina due to this.

with this the theoretical combos sR.8B.Pf and sO.8M.Be/At would be quite strong.

pitfall would give a real life version to bJ special move to any beyblade but effectively. one thing for sure mG.P.Pf would be terrifying. unless you are using Pf or V2/gV
(Oct. 26, 2017  7:29 PM)MWF Wrote:
(Oct. 26, 2017  6:47 PM)bidinga Wrote: imagine if hasbro did that

I wish but a reverse tower should be something they do with a hasbro only bey. lets say hasbro makes a bey like Shadow Orphius (misspelled Orpheus because hasbro does that). 8b.Pf (Pitfall also known as reverse tower but as a survive) sure the layer would be interesting i am thinking it would have say a free spinning gimmick with a catch (literally) at high spin the layer is locked and will not spin but when the two blades are pushed in it will free spin deflecting attacks. late in battle it will be free spin but killing stamina due to this.

with this the theoretical combos sR.8B.Pf and sO.8M.Be/At would be quite strong.

pitfall would give a real life version to bJ special move to any beyblade but effectively. one thing for sure mG.P.Pf would be terrifying. unless you are using Pf or V2/gV

Hasbro actually has thought up an Orpheus O2 Armed Defense. I think it's wave 6. It seems based off of orichalcum.

(Oct. 26, 2017  3:11 AM)KnightinGale Wrote: Wait so is tower any use because if it does become more unstable then it will get defeated easily

No.
(Oct. 27, 2017  12:07 AM)dt1000 Wrote:
(Oct. 26, 2017  7:29 PM)MWF Wrote: I wish but a reverse tower should be something they do with a hasbro only bey. lets say hasbro makes a bey like Shadow Orphius (misspelled Orpheus because hasbro does that). 8b.Pf (Pitfall also known as reverse tower but as a survive) sure the layer would be interesting i am thinking it would have say a free spinning gimmick with a catch (literally) at high spin the layer is locked and will not spin but when the two blades are pushed in it will free spin deflecting attacks. late in battle it will be free spin but killing stamina due to this.

Hasbro actually has thought up an Orpheus O2 Armed Defense. I think it's wave 6. It seems based off of orichalcum.

(Oct. 26, 2017  3:11 AM)KnightinGale Wrote: Wait so is tower any use because if it does become more unstable then it will get defeated easily

No.
you cant just say tower is not useful just because it preforms mediocre on regulus, you even admitted you hadn't tested it you shouldn't confirm information you cant prove because it can be misleading
(Oct. 27, 2017  1:10 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Oct. 27, 2017  12:07 AM)dt1000 Wrote: Hasbro actually has thought up an Orpheus O2 Armed Defense. I think it's wave 6. It seems based off of orichalcum.

No.
you cant just say tower is not useful just because it preforms mediocre on regulus you even admitted you hadn't tested it

Well it's more like a educated guess, just based on physics and how it can preform with a bey can say a lot.
(Oct. 27, 2017  1:14 AM)Mage Wrote:
(Oct. 27, 2017  1:10 AM)Zeutron Wrote: you cant just say tower is not useful just because it preforms mediocre on regulus you even admitted you hadn't tested it

Well it's more like a educated guess, just based on physics and how it can preform with a bey can say a lot.

im not trying to say your completely wrong but there are alot of other category's to go by such as spin momentum air flow and center of gravity a great example was the Alter chronos [sorry if i wrote that wrong] which caused tower to lose control and even potentially exceed the tornado ridge whereas regulus delivered hits mainly to the middle of the stadium despite the fact that tower does rarely act up on regulus a great source of reference could be leo bursts testings
I got the Article Skeleton for Tower up, so when the info on it is approved, hit me up so I can add it.
Here's the link: http://beyblade.wikia.com/wiki/Performance_Tip_-_Tower
(Oct. 27, 2017  1:18 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Oct. 27, 2017  1:14 AM)Mage Wrote: Well it's more like a educated guess, just based on physics and how it can preform with a bey can say a lot.

im not trying to say your completely wrong but there are alot of other category's to go by such as spin momentum air flow and center of gravity a great example was the Alter chronos [sorry if i wrote that wrong] which caused tower to lose control and even potentially exceed the tornado ridge whereas regulus delivered hits mainly to the middle of the stadium despite the fact that tower does rarely act up on regulus a great source of reference could be leo bursts testings

Okay. As I said, it was my first draft, and also, I was basing it all off of a post that MonoDragon posted.
wave 6 seems like anubion a2 luinor l2 miniboros m2 and phantazus p2 dual packs are caynox and w2 and x2 and y2 we are getting orbit and gyro Grin

boosters are n2,i2,and horusood from what i saw on zankye's video (EDUCATED GUESS) but it makes the most sense why release m2 b2 l2 and a2 as wave 7 or 8 into the evolution bey line doesnt make sense
(Oct. 26, 2017  3:00 AM)dt1000 Wrote: Tower is a Performance Tip released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-95 Random Booster Shelter Regulus 5Star Tower on October 21, 2017.

==Description==
Tower is a plastic semi-flat with a wide base that features a unique automatic height-change gimmick. 

Early in battle, the centrifugal forces two tabs outward which in turn forces the tip inward to the standard height. The semi-flat tip creates a somewhat aggressive movement that has trouble reaching the Tornado Ridge but has greater stamina than standard plastic flat tips such as Accel. However, the short distance between the stadium floor and the wide base creates a scrap risk.

Later in battle, the lowered centrifugal force allows the tabs to retract and allows the tip to rise up. In theory this is meant to increase contact between the Tower combination’s Disk and Frame and the Opponent’s Layer. Such contact would prevent the Tower combination from Bursting and instead cause the opponent to Burst. In practice however, the height of most Layers and the minimal change in height means that there will be contact with the Layers regardless. Furthermore the change in height will mean that the Tower combination’s Layer will be struck from un upwards angle, causing severe destabilization which is exacerbated by the instability present in having a tall tip on a narrow stem which increases Burst risk and drains Stamina.

==Overall==

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-95 Random Booster Vol. 8 Shelter Regulus.5S.Tw - 01: Shelter Regulus.5S.Tw (dark purple and white tip)
  • B-95 Random Booster Vol. 8 Shelter Regulus.5S.Tw - 02: Alter Chronos Ring Tower (red and white tip)

Made some edits
Scrap risks? What?
(Oct. 30, 2017  5:08 PM)BusyBlader Wrote: Scrap risks? What?

Like Trans, it’s so bulky that the edges of the Driver can scrap against the stadium, especially when the tip retracts, the bulk is so close to the stadium
(Oct. 30, 2017  5:40 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Oct. 30, 2017  5:08 PM)BusyBlader Wrote: Scrap risks? What?

Like Trans, it’s so bulky that the edges of the Driver can scrap against the stadium, especially when the tip retracts, the bulk is so close to the stadium
I think it is scrape.
(Oct. 30, 2017  4:28 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Tower is a Performance Tip released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-95 Random Booster Shelter Regulus 5Star Tower on October 21, 2017.

==Description==
Tower is a plastic semi-flat with a wide base that features a unique automatic height-change gimmick. 

Early in battle, the centrifugal forces two tabs outward which in turn forces the tip inward to the standard height. The semi-flat tip creates a somewhat aggressive movement that has trouble reaching the Tornado Ridge but has greater stamina than standard plastic flat tips such as Accel. However, the short distance between the stadium floor and the wide base creates a scrape risk.

Later in battle, the lowered centrifugal force allows the tabs to retract and allows the tip to rise up. In theory this is meant to increase contact between the Tower combination’s Disk and Frame and the Opponent’s Layer. Such contact would prevent the Tower combination from Bursting and instead cause the opponent to Burst. In practice however, the height of most Layers and the minimal change in height means that there will be contact with the Layers regardless. Furthermore the change in height will mean that the Tower combination’s Layer will be struck from an upwards angle, causing severe destabilization which is exacerbated by the instability present in creating a top-heavy design which increases Burst risk and drains Stamina.

==Overall==
Overall, Tower has too little aggression for Attack and too little change in height for the gimmick to function as intended. Combined with the instability from being top heavy later in battle when spin speeds are low makes Tower unsuitable for competitive play.

As such, Tower is recommended for collection purposes only.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-95 Random Booster Vol. 8 Shelter Regulus.5S.Tw - 01: Shelter Regulus.5S.Tw (dark purple and white tip)
  • B-95 Random Booster Vol. 8 Shelter Regulus.5S.Tw - 02: Alter Chronos Ring Tower (red and white tip)