Performance Tip/Driver - Jolt

Quote:Jolt is a Performance Tip released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-110 Starter Bloody Longinus 13 Jolt on April 25(?), 2018

==Description==
Jolt features a rubber flat tip with six spikes protruding outwards and towards the right, akin to Left Rubber Flat from Metal Fight Beyblade or a mix between Spiral and Xtreme.

Due to the surface area to friction ratio, Jolt will create a highly aggressive, and if launched with a Banking Shoot, somewhat easily controllable movement pattern. In terms of speed, the greater surface area given by the spikes makes Jolt faster than Xtreme and as fast as Merge. Jolt’s high speed allows for strong attacks and its high friction creates less chances of losing a Banking Pattern in battle, making it one of the better choices for Attack combinations.

However, Jolt has three major weaknesses. Firstly, the high friction of the rubber means that Jolt has incredibly low stamina, furthermore, the light weight of the Burst System compared to previous Systems means that there is less inertia, exacerbating the stamina issue further. Secondly, the high friction also means that Jolt resists changes to the Beyblade's spin from contact with the opponent, thus more force is transferred the teeth in Takara Tomy Layers or the slopes in Hasbro Layers, increasing the chances of self-Bursts. Lastly, Jolt will wear down with use, decreasing its aggression with little to no improvement to the tip's stamina, meaning that multiple copies much be purchased in order to replace worn ones.

Jolt is slightly shorter than most Tips, this reduction in height is meant to improve attack potential by striking the opponent’s Layer from an upwards angle, creating destabilization potential. However, the design of the Burst System means that a shorter height would increase the rate of Layer-to-Disc contact and Burst the Jolt combination, though the height of most Layers and the negligible difference in height makes such contact rare and mitigates the destabilization potential.

The direction of Jolt’s rubber spikes are meant to, in theory, create greater speeds in Left Spin combinations. In practice however, there is little discernible difference in movement speed between Left and Right spin.

==Overall==
Jolt is one of the fastest, most aggressive and easier to control tips in the game but is plagued by low stamina and increasing the risk of Burst. Other Performance Tips are able to compare to or match Jolt's best traits while also improving on its weakness; such as Accel having greater stamina while also being easy to control and Hold having comparable or greater speed while having greater versatility with Spin Equalization combinations.

Nonetheless, with greater control over other high speed tips such as a worn Variable or Hold, competitive bladers must own several copies of Jolt.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-110 Bloody Longinus 13 Jolt (translucent light blue, blue rubber)
==Hasbro==
Man, when you describe it like that, it's music to my ears!
Now when Hasbro releases this driver as a softer rubber performance tip, it won’t need to be replaced for a while. A while longer, like a really long while like my Variable performance tip that doesn’t even wear down that fast.
I’m glad Longinus finally is being released with a rubber tip

EDIT: also since Xtreme is getting kinda harder to find since the last time Xtreme was released was with obelisk Odin, jolt would make either a good replacement or a good alternative
[Image: Screenshot_20180416-060611.jpg]

There is some rubber on base of Jolt too as I circled it in pic above. I think they are for coming in contact with tornado ridge (esspeciesp with lower heights) and contribute to speed in tornado stalling

I will surely one once its released and contribute to this draft Smile.
It is hard to describe something that isnt even out yet. Shouldnt we just wait at least?

If anything, The three weaknesses make it sound as if it were outclassed by Xtreme.

I would say it is not needed, but welcome to anyones collection.
(Apr. 16, 2018  6:39 AM)Sıon Wrote: It is hard to describe something that isnt even out yet. Shouldnt we just wait at least?

If anything, The three weaknesses make it sound as if it were outclassed by Xtreme.

I would say it is not needed, but welcome to anyones collection.

Actually other rubber tips have the same three weaknesses so they’re not all outclassed except for hunter
(Apr. 10, 2018  6:17 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Jolt is a Performance Tip released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-110 Starter Bllody Longinus 13 Jolt on April 25(?), 2018

==Description==
Jolt features a rubber flat tip with six spikes protruding outwards and towards the right, akin to Left Rubber Flat form Metal Fight Beyblade or a mix between Spiral and Xtreme.

Due to the surface area to friction ratio, Jolt will create a highly aggressive, and if launched with a Banking Shoot, somewhat easily controllable movement pattern. In terms of speed, the greater surface area given by the spikes makes Jolt faster than Xtreme and as fast as Merge. Jolt’s high speed allows for strong attacks and its high friction creates less chances of losing a Banking Pattern in battle, making it one of the better choices for Attack combinations.

However, Jolt has three major weaknesses. Firstly, the high friction of the rubber means that Jolt has incredibly low stamina, furthermore, the light weight of the Burst System compared to previous Systems means that there is less inertia, exacerbating the stamina issue further. Secondly, the high friction also means that Jolt resists changes to the Beyblade's spin from contact with the opponent, thus more force is transferred the teeth in Takara Tomy Layers or the slopes in Hasbro Layers, increasing the chances of self-Bursts. Lastly, Jolt will wear down with use, while this can create an initial benefit in speed from the tip fitting into the curvature of the Stadium, heavy use will decrease its aggression with little to no improvement to the tip's stamina, meaning that multiple copies much be purchased in order to replace worn ones.

Jolt is slightly shorter than most Tips, this reduction in height is meant to improve attack potential by striking the opponent’s Layer from an upwards angle, creating destabilization potential. However, the design of the Burst System means that a shorter height would increase the rate of Layer-to-Disc contact and Burst the Jolt combination, though the height of most Layers and the negligible difference in height makes such contact rare and mitigates the destabilization potential.

The direction of Jolt’s rubber spikes are meant to, in theory, create greater speeds in Left Spin combinations. In practice however, there is little discernible difference in movement speed between Left and Right spin.

==Overall==
Jolt is one of the fastest, most aggressive and easier to control tips in the game but is plagued by low stamina and increasing the risk of Burst. Other Performance Tips are able to compare to or match Jolt's best traits while also improving on its weakness; such as Accel having greater stamina while also being easy to control and Hold having comparable or greater speed while having greater versatility with Spin Equalization combinations.

Nonetheless, with greater control over other high speed tips such as a worn Variable or Hold, competitive bladers must own several copies of Jolt.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
==Hasbro==
(May. 07, 2018  9:30 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Apr. 10, 2018  6:17 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Jolt is a Performance Tip released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-110 Starter Bllody Longinus 13 Jolt on April 25(?), 2018

==Description==
Jolt features a rubber flat tip with six spikes protruding outwards and towards the right, akin to Left Rubber Flat form Metal Fight Beyblade or a mix between Spiral and Xtreme.

However, Jolt has three major weaknesses. Firstly, the high friction of the rubber means that Jolt has incredibly low stamina, furthermore, the light weight of the Burst System compared to previous Systems means that there is less inertia, exacerbating the stamina issue further. Secondly, the high friction also means that Jolt resists changes to the Beyblade's spin from contact with the opponent, thus more force is transferred the teeth in Takara Tomy Layers or the slopes in Hasbro Layers, increasing the chances of self-Bursts. Lastly, Jolt will wear down with use, while this can create an initial benefit in speed from the tip fitting into the curvature of the Stadium, heavy use will decrease its aggression with little to no improvement to the tip's stamina, meaning that multiple copies much be purchased in order to replace worn ones.

==Overall==

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
==Hasbro==

I can see a typo on the very top paragraph.
From personal experience, my Jolt's rubber feels stiffer than Xtreme's rubber, so it circles the stadium more often than anybody would like. Does anyone else notice this?
Okay...umm...yeah

I got my bL today, and so far, nL on Xtreme seems a bit tighter and actually has distinctive clicks compared to Jolt being more loose and wobbly on the teeth when put together. It seems to burst a bit more on Jolt even when weak launched as well, against sX orbit oddly...

Didn't think this needed it's own thread, so I just asked here...
I have been wondering if I could use jolt in a combo like,
Guilty Bahamut Over Jolt-2, as bahamut has crazy burst resistance and is lighter than longinus, therefore more outer weight distribution and higher movement speed and torque.