POWER RANGERS

So far Shinkenger is pretty good... anyone watching that?
I plan on starting to watch this 2morrow... it should be very interessing... dranzer. u plan on watching this? i think u can watch it on crunchyroll...
and The clan Shiba haha.... funny name in korean shiba is a common swear word.
(Jul. 22, 2009  9:17 AM)Beynval Wrote: I plan on starting to watch this 2morrow... it should be very interessing... dranzer. u plan on watching this? i think u can watch it on crunchyroll...
and The clan Shiba haha.... funny name in korean shiba is a common swear word.

If they have it on crunchyroll, yea surely.

For me, the most beautiful pink ranger was Kimberly, after was Cassie.
Updated 1st post with links to watch Shinkenger SUBBED
have watched 1st part of episode 1. It is awesome.
(Jul. 22, 2009  9:00 AM)Werkbau Wrote: If power rangers is considered violent, then I can't imagine what reaction when people see Japanese ones. Monster sucking out spirits of people and leaving them to die, grunts slashing countless people, a single monster burn several skyscrapers to ashes within 10 seconds. Even the rangers cut building and cars into two! @_@

this was also like 15 years ago soo
(Jul. 22, 2009  8:57 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: because the females are relegated to "second-tier" status but this is true to almost every series from japan

and i watch kamen rider subtitled

Yeah agreed, the only time I've really seen a Female have a top status was only in Kakuranger, where for once a Female led the team.
I missed out on MMPR too, it was too violent in my moms opinion, I don't mind. My cousins watched though.
I'm surprised you guys think turbo is so bad, I liked it but maybe only because they had cars.

I loved the Mega zord tho- id invite one of my neighbors over just to play with it Lmao.

Also Beynval- Amy Jo Johnson played Kimberly, she's also on this [great, canadian] cop show, Flashpoint. lol but your from montreal so you may have seen it
It was tough to try and make Turbo out to be a legit season like Zeo or the MMPR ones, specially since the Japanese version Carranger was more a comedic season and made fun of how Super Sentai was. And also the fact that the Blue Ranger was a kid which started to get annoying like a couple of episodes in, so glad they ditched him when they went to Space.
My cousin who's a hardcore Tokusatsu fan (he imports Japanese DVDs,etc.) says RPM is probably the best adaptation Disney has ever done in terms of overall tone. But he's not really into Sentai, he's more into Ultraman, Kamen Rider, and things like Garo.

Also there has been some conflicting reports on wheither or not RPM will be the last season for Power Rangers. A Disney PR agent, and a New Zealand newspaper says RPM will be the last season to be filmed. But then Bandai says a few weeks later Season 18's production is underway.

(Jul. 22, 2009  8:42 AM)AnnieDuck Wrote: Because it's violent, promoted crass consumerism, and counter-feminist?

I also wasn't allowed to watch the Simpsons at home until I was 13, but Mum had no problem with Daria.

I think your mom was part of the reason Power Rangers was banned from airing on YTV, lmao. And I watched Daria, don't think I remember much about it though.
I just watched the first three episodes of the last season of the japanese series, I must say that I am not entirely sastify but it isn't a bad season.
(Jul. 23, 2009  1:25 AM)Dranzer. Wrote: I just watched the first three episodes of the last season of the japanese series, I must say that I am not entirely sastify but it isn't a bad season.
LOL. what more did u want? shinkenger s awesome xD
Nah if he means Go-Onger, I'm not surprised alot of people hate that season, one of the worst.
(Jul. 23, 2009  3:59 AM)Sega Wrote: Nah if he means Go-Onger, I'm not surprised alot of people hate that season, one of the worst.
im pretty sure he meant Shinkenger, its the 3 episodes he watched 2day.
And damn yeah go-onger's really bad, no wonder RPM's also bad.

R the rumours about disney giving up on PR true or is just a rumour0_0
People from Disney say that RPM is the last season they're going to film. But Bandai says otherwise, that an 18th season is currently under production. From what I've heard this isn't exactly new to the franchise, where it's future has been in jeporady.
I saw Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie three times in theaters.

I really need to do something nice for my parents.
Mighty Morphing Power Rangers brings back so many memories

My parents got me a Power Rangers book from the mall. It was one of the generic stories which you could have your name and some friends entered in and get it printed (like part of the story).

I remember opening when I was a kid and being totally baffled as to how that got there. I still have it in my bookshelf.
When I was in Kindergarten, kids always wanted me to play power rangers and I never understood why
Tired Power Rangers was good on the first series though the jokes were a bit stupid bu the rest of them on from that were blown out of proportion and it was all this 'Been there done that', it would be so much better as a cartoon.

Side note: Explosions on it were not cool and always hit way behind them.

Edit: Also, the bad guys growing all the time and them using their machines is way over used.
I never really got to see Power Rangers, my mom wouldn't let me watch it. That and Jerry Springer, they were two of the main things at Primary School that people talked about and I couldn't see, though the second is more understandable. I think I saw a few episodes at a friends house though, I thought it was pretty cool.
mighty morphin was without a doubt the best and i thought zeo was quite good too but after that most of them were quite bad such as turbo and rescue although i think the newest one RPM is the worst so far. I mean the villain is a computer virus, also think it was too soon after overdrive to do a series focused on vehicles.
I loved the WildForce Series and the original series; the one that had the Kid having the Growth Spurt. I loved the WildForce theme song!
Wildforce is only notable for being the last series to air on Fox, as well as Forever Red.
Really? I didn't know that...
Well, that's all I remember from WildForce. That and the Red Ranger reminded me of Tom Welling from Smallville.

But, Forever Red was an awesome episode, it had all the red rangers up until that point in one episode. They even had the Alien Red Ranger for Zordon's sake.
You mean all the Red rangers from all the series into one episode?!