Otaku Beyblade shops in Japan

Hey guys. I was planning a trip to Japan in a month or so. And i wanted to ask if anyone knew any places there where i could buy some beyblades. I'm not interested in bursts, but maybe the engine gear, HMS and metal flights.
I was doing some research and found Japan has a lot of these 'otaku' stores which are basically geek shops selling anime related things.
I was wondering if anyone knew which ones would be the best ones to go to since most of them usually deal in mangas.
I'll be visiting Tokyo, Kobe and Kyoto. 
Thanks
I just went to quite a few stores like mandarake that should have had some old Beyblade stock, but I honestly found none. In fact, I have barely seen Beyblade Burst at all, but apparently I should have visited the xth floor of Bic Camera and Yodobashi stores, which look like they sell only electronics hah.

But for the second-hand rental case stores, I can tell you that I have not seen old Beyblade products yet in Tokyo. HARD OFF and HOBBY OFF are worth trying out, but nothing is permanent, of course.
(Apr. 23, 2017  9:53 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I just went to quite a few stores like mandarake that should have had some old Beyblade stock, but I honestly found none. In fact, I have barely seen Beyblade Burst at all, but apparently I should have visited the xth floor of Bic Camera and Yodobashi stores, which look like they sell only electronics hah.

But for the second-hand rental case stores, I can tell you that I have not seen old Beyblade products yet in Tokyo. HARD OFF and HOBBY OFF are worth trying out, but nothing is permanent, of course.

Research in the internet seems to tell me that Nakano Broadway would be the best bet at getting my hands on the older generation beyblades. And thrift stores like Book Off seem to have a good stock too usually. I'm guessing, all hard off and hobby off are similar. But again all that depends on your luck and the branch you go to.

The weirdest and most disappointing part though about all this is how I was in Taiwan for a few days last month and they had huge stocks of old gen beyblades. All NIB and pretty reasonably priced. Got a NIB TT Gigars for 1500 NTD. All NIB 4d systems were for around 350-450 NTD which i thought was pretty cheap. 
I kinda limited my buying since i knew the Japan trip was coming up. Looks like I'll have to tell my friend in Taiwan to buy them for me and bring them along now.
But maybe they're just harder to find in Japan cause there are a lot more people looking to buy them.
I can tell you there were no Beyblades in Nakano Broadway.
I actually saw some in Mandarake, Nakano Broadway last year.
But the beys there were disappointing to me becoz of the price and so on.
I visited Fukuoka this year and I found Yodobashi camera and Bic Camera terrible that they will have beys in stock on irregular time basis.
Just like there were nth on Monday but lots of stock on Saturday.
Toysrus is a good choice to find beyblades as well
so good luck......
Exactly. Good luck with your treasure hunt, but as we can see from my experience, there can be quite a few instances of no Beyblade stock at all. I would try the second-hand stores in less populated areas, but even then, is it really worth it hah?
You came to Fukuoka? Wow, next time you visit, let me know! Let's do some bey hunting and battles Grin
(Apr. 25, 2017  6:27 AM)Leo Burst Wrote: You came to Fukuoka? Wow, next time you visit, let me know! Let's do some bey hunting and battles Grin

Will let you know if I have time lol
I went to Card Kingdom near Canal City and that was where I found the loose parts.
I live in Tokyo. There are no Hobby Off or Hard off stores in the main part of the city, you'll have to venture out into the suburbs to find one of those (there may be a few). Nakano Broadway is an overhyped shopping place that for whatever reason has had too much press given to it by Jvloggers. Overall that place is pretty disappointing, but you may find Beyblades if you're lucky. I mostly found Gundam models and old Godzilla toys. And books, lots of books.

Book Off only has books, CDs and games. Maybe a small selection of used phones. Hard Off is the none-book variant of the shop.

If you're looking for the newer models, Bic Camera, Yodobashi Camera, Kojima or Labi should have them. These are the large electronics shops, but they DO have a toys section. I bought a Dark Deathscyther from Bic Camera last summer before I lost interest in Burst. There are also various toy-specific stores that should carry Beyblades (they are one of the best-selling boy toys here after all).

Your best luck is Hard Off/Hobby Off, but it's a bit of a game of chance if you'll find any or not. My local Hard Off had an MFB deck set and a Bakuten Shoot bey when I went, I've been considering stopping by to pick them up and look to see if they have anymore.

I think online is probably your best bet for finding old bey's. You can find large lots for good prices, and those otaku shops you read about definitely won't have what you're looking for. They mostly carry Gundam models, Love Live merch or whatever anime is currently trending. They definitely won't have a kids series like Beyblade.
I went to Japan (Osaka and Tokyo) just a week ago, about the same time as Kai-V. I must say my hunt was successful although I had to go back home just before the release of Drain Fafnir and the tW booster.

Based on my time there and some research, these were the reports:

1. In Osaka I only found beys (only recent released burst beys) in Yodobashi Camera Umeda.

2. In Tokyo I found burst beys in some (not all) Bic Camera stores. That said, only 1 Bic Camera store (ie, the Ikebukuro main store) has the Glaive frame promotion.

3. In Tokyo I found plastic gen and HMS beys in Mandarake stores, both in Akihabara and Nakano broadway. In the Akihabara store they are located in 8th floor (if I am not mistaken) - you need to look through the collection carefully. I recall they have TWO bloody devil and a silver dragoon MS. I got myself a MIB white dragoon MF. Do expect a collector price in Madarake stores.

The Nakano broadway store with the beys is a bit tricky to be found (as Mandarake stores here are scattered). I found it thanks to Beybladegeeks' Youtube video (check it out). The store has a lot of plastic and HMS beys. I recall there were blue slash liger (no box), GOLD dragoon MS, guardian driger, two dark dragoons and cyber dragoon battle spec. I got myself a dark dragoon here.

Thats it from me. Good luck on your hunt! Smile