Old School vs. New School

How many of you have actually battled against an old school plastic bey?

I actually have a story for this:
A few years ago, during Christmas, my nephew got an El Drago beyblade and was pretty excited about it. He knew I had a collection of old beyblades and challenged me to a battle that night.

I know people would think that the metal beys would win, but you know what?...My Torch Pegasus knocked El Drago around so much that it stopped spinning in the end.

Now I have a question for y'all: Have you ever battled against an original beyblade and won? Or were you the one to use the original?
i am 17 years old now but when i was young i loved playing with the old school beys it was the best. now when i play beys with my friends we use the limited rules and the out comes are all over the place. but who ever you are old or new school and you love beys its all goooooood. Tongue_out
Me it was boring
(May. 04, 2015  11:38 PM)EeveeDemon Wrote: How many of you have actually battled against an old school plastic bey?

Wow, I feel really old.
(May. 05, 2015  6:05 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(May. 04, 2015  11:38 PM)EeveeDemon Wrote: How many of you have actually battled against an old school plastic bey?

Wow, I feel really old.

Don't even, whippersnapper.

Wow, I feel really old.

I think a lot of us can relate to this.

Wow, I feel really old.

at least we may have an awesome beard?
(May. 05, 2015  7:12 PM)Izhkoort Wrote:

Wow, I feel really old.

Couldn't have one during the plastics era. But now yes, I have a cool beard. Just for Anime North tho.
(May. 05, 2015  7:12 PM)Izhkoort Wrote:

Wow, I feel really old.

lol i guess you don't know what i look like

Wow, I feel really old.

Lol how do you think I feel sometimes?
(May. 05, 2015  7:26 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Couldn't have one during the plastics era. But now yes, I have a cool beard. Just for Anime North tho.

yes, now, it would be weird to have a beard at that time (for me at least, I was a little kid :p)

(May. 05, 2015  7:40 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: lol i guess you don't know what i look like

nope, Argentinian here, sorry :p
Umm I battled plastic gen beyblade but I won with my cosmic Pegasus 145WD?

I think that beyblade I won against was bump king
(May. 05, 2015  7:05 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:

Wow, I feel really old.

I think a lot of us can relate to this.

Pretty much, most of the people I know who still like beyblade are either my age and/or older.
I loved the designs of the very first generation Beyblades. Simplistic, focuses on recolors and weight disk changes, but otherwise had some of the most outstanding parts that remained useful throughout the second generation (V-Force in America).

The more mechanical variants like Wyborg, although not a successful top, was one of the most freaking awesome Beyblades I've seen outside of Cyber Dragoon.
Feel like the S series was the clear winner in terms of "purity of design," and in terms of successful gimmicks, V2 nailed it. Driger V2 and Dranzer V2 are crazy top designs and are both shockingly effective.
I love the simplicity of the S series and I love Draciel MBD, but for some reason I absolutely love the G series despite some being useless, I just love it's chunky advanced designs, especially Draciel G which I plan to get.
(May. 14, 2015  5:04 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Feel like the S series was the clear winner in terms of "purity of design," and in terms of successful gimmicks, V2 nailed it. Driger V2 and Dranzer V2 are crazy top designs and are both shockingly effective.

Honestly, the S series was pretty good. The V series was interesting in terms of effectiveness.

(May. 14, 2015  5:14 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: I love the simplicity of the S series and I love Draciel MBD, but for some reason I absolutely love the G series despite some being useless, I just love it's chunky advanced designs, especially Draciel G which I plan to get.

I think the G series had some potential, some of the beys were really effective.

(May. 07, 2015  12:58 AM)Annoying-Fork Wrote: I loved the designs of the very first generation Beyblades. Simplistic, focuses on recolors and weight disk changes, but otherwise had some of the most outstanding parts that remained useful throughout the second generation (V-Force in America).

The more mechanical variants like Wyborg, although not a successful top, was one of the most freaking awesome Beyblades I've seen outside of Cyber Dragoon.

The originals were always my favorite, the revolves made it easier to make a custom beyblade like Galux or any other bit beast that would fit perfectly with the colors.

I don't know about Wyborg, I've never used it before, but I have used Cyber Dragoon.
The V series are the series I forget the most, while they're decent in performance, I was never really interested in them.

I mean out of every Driger and Draciels in the series, the V series is definitely the last one I think of, S or MS series being ones I always remember.
I think the F series is more forgettable than the V series, but I would say they're both pretty bad. F-Series feels by far the ugliest, though.

G is a cool concept with middling execution, but the designs are beautiful and there are some seriously good ARs in the G/GT lineup.
(May. 14, 2015  8:35 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I think the F series is more forgettable than the V series, but I would say they're both pretty bad. F-Series feels by far the ugliest, though.

G is a cool concept with middling execution, but the designs are beautiful and there are some seriously good ARs in the G/GT lineup.

Eh, I prefer Draciel F over Draciel V, it looks better in shape IMO and it was at least useful at one point. Dranzer F and Dranzer V seem on par to me, while Dranzer V had the better gimmick, Dranzer F was more appealing to look at, Dragoon F and Dragoon V are the most forgettable Dragoons but Dragoon V seemed too generic to me, not saying Dragoon F isn't but it sticks out due to it's red on attack ring. As for the Drigers, I think Driger F is way more memorable than Driger V which I can never remember that well, heck I still don't know what it does, it's the one I found people talked about the least but this was by my experience.

I think from the most remembered to least remembered series as a whole goes like this:
.S series
.MS Series
.G/GT Series
.F Series
.V2 Series
.V Series

I'm a little stuck on V2 or F, and I am not counting MBD, GA or ACB as Driger wasn't in it and I don't know what to call the "series".
Yes, I've tried it....Capricorn completely screwed over Makendo....
I actually have zero memory of what Driger V looks like, at all, so I guess you're right.

Just looked it up and ... oh yeah, that thing. Ew.
(May. 14, 2015  10:20 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(May. 14, 2015  8:35 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I think the F series is more forgettable than the V series, but I would say they're both pretty bad. F-Series feels by far the ugliest, though.

Eh, I prefer Draciel F over Draciel V, it looks better in shape IMO and it was at least useful at one point. Dranzer F and Dranzer V seem on par to me, while Dranzer V had the better gimmick, Dranzer F was more appealing to look at, Dragoon F and Dragoon V are the most forgettable Dragoons but Dragoon V seemed too generic to me, not saying Dragoon F isn't but it sticks out due to it's red on attack ring. As for the Drigers, I think Driger F is way more memorable than Driger V which I can never remember that well, heck I still don't know what it does, it's the one I found people talked about the least but this was by my experience.

I think from the most remembered to least remembered series as a whole goes like this:
.S series
.MS Series
.G/GT Series
.F Series
.V2 Series
.V Series

I'm a little stuck on V2 or F, and I am not counting MBD, GA or ACB as Driger wasn't in it and I don't know what to call the "series".

That's because Driger V doesn't really do anything haha. It has a weird metal semi flat tip which apart from bad compacts use is just rubbish.
(May. 15, 2015  4:20 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I actually have zero memory of what Driger V looks like, at all, so I guess you're right.

Well we can at least agree that the S series was great.

Anyway, I always seem to find myself battling MFB vs Plastic/HMS, I just love the thrill of it being like the anime and while the battles of MFB vs Plastics are generally one sided, I enjoy it, and sometimes Driger V2 can destroy Lightning L-Drago.

Now about the Animes themselves...

Wait, remind me again, is this thread exclusively for the toys or the show as well?

Ultra, oh yeah haha, well I guess that's why I never remember it.
(May. 15, 2015  4:42 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(May. 15, 2015  4:20 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I actually have zero memory of what Driger V looks like, at all, so I guess you're right.

Well we can at least agree that the S series was great.

Anyway, I always seem to find myself battling MFB vs Plastic/HMS, I just love the thrill of it being like the anime and while the battles of MFB vs Plastics are generally one sided, I enjoy it, and sometimes Driger V2 can destroy Lightning L-Drago.

Now about the Animes themselves...

Wait, remind me again, is this thread exclusively for the toys or the show as well?

Ultra, oh yeah haha, well I guess that's why I never remember it.

I guess it's for both toys and show? I wrote this because of a beybattle I had with my oldest nephew.