Old School vs. New School

(May. 15, 2015  4:40 PM)Ultra Wrote:
(May. 14, 2015  10:20 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote:
(May. 14, 2015  8:35 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I think the F series is more forgettable than the V series, but I would say they're both pretty bad. F-Series feels by far the ugliest, though.

G is a cool concept with middling execution, but the designs are beautiful and there are some seriously good ARs in the G/GT lineup.

Eh, I prefer Draciel F over Draciel V, it looks better in shape IMO and it was at least useful at one point. Dranzer F and Dranzer V seem on par to me, while Dranzer V had the better gimmick, Dranzer F was more appealing to look at, Dragoon F and Dragoon V are the most forgettable Dragoons but Dragoon V seemed too generic to me, not saying Dragoon F isn't but it sticks out due to it's red on attack ring. As for the Drigers, I think Driger F is way more memorable than Driger V which I can never remember that well, heck I still don't know what it does, it's the one I found people talked about the least but this was by my experience.

I think from the most remembered to least remembered series as a whole goes like this:
.S series
.MS Series
.G/GT Series
.F Series
.V2 Series
.V Series

I'm a little stuck on V2 or F, and I am not counting MBD, GA or ACB as Driger wasn't in it and I don't know what to call the "series".

That's because Driger V doesn't really do anything haha. It has a weird metal semi flat tip which apart from bad compacts use is just rubbish.
It ends up being fodder for MG core stuff.
There's nothing good at all going for it.
As least V2 surpassed it in every way possible.
Agreed. V2 pretty much makes V obsolete as every Driger at least had something unique to them.

Also, my series list doesn't apply to every individual beyblade but the series of blades as a whole, as I don't think Driger V2 should be below F or maybe G, but I'm not sure.
I dont have plastic blades but i want to buy one.
(May. 16, 2015  5:57 PM)Yuvraj Wrote: I dont have plastic blades but i want to buy one.

Yeah, the good ones have become quite expensive sadly, the ones made by Hasbro seem to be the cheapest ones available currently.
(May. 19, 2015  9:54 PM)Meta madness Wrote:
(May. 16, 2015  5:57 PM)Yuvraj Wrote: I dont have plastic blades but i want to buy one.

Yeah, the good ones have become quite expensive sadly, the ones made by Hasbro seem to be the cheapest ones available currently.

Try eBay lots.
I swear, a lot can get you everything you need. I got an $80 lot with maybe 15 Plastics complete, and a Wolborg MS.
Pure luck with these things. $15 for two NIB Beyblades. It's really simple to find deals with an hour of your time (:
(May. 20, 2015  4:47 AM)Neo Wrote:
(May. 19, 2015  9:54 PM)Meta madness Wrote:

Try eBay lots.
I swear, a lot can get you everything you need. I got an $80 lot with maybe 15 Plastics complete, and a Wolborg MS.
Pure luck with these things. $15 for two NIB Beyblades. It's really simple to find deals with an hour of your time (:

Forgot to make an edit that the only quality ones from Hasbro that are on the heavy side is those like this:[Image: beyblade4.jpg]

Yeah, most lots have some good parts, no doubt about that those of the original plastics such as the MG and Pre-Megnet core are pretty easy to get. As soon as I see V-Force Beyblades (Cyber Dragoon is the perfect example for this) is where the price sky rockets. Especially if it's the only thing in the lot that is worth heavy value. Honestly it could be about 25 Trygles, that 1 Cyber Dragoon will take the cake.
I DID.... MY DEATH DRIGGER'S AR BROKE DUE TO SOL BLAZE, AND LIBRA BROKE A MAIN AR WING O BOUND DEFENSER OFF!!! At least the sub ar is safe...
(May. 20, 2015  10:03 PM)Meta madness Wrote:
(May. 20, 2015  4:47 AM)Neo Wrote:
(May. 19, 2015  9:54 PM)Meta madness Wrote: Yeah, the good ones have become quite expensive sadly, the ones made by Hasbro seem to be the cheapest ones available currently.

Try eBay lots.

Forgot to make an edit that the only quality ones from Hasbro that are on the heavy side is those like this:[Image: beyblade4.jpg]

Yeah, most lots have some good parts, no doubt about that those of the original plastics such as the MG and Pre-Megnet core are pretty easy to get. As soon as I see V-Force Beyblades (Cyber Dragoon is the perfect example for this) is where the price sky rockets. Especially if it's the only thing in the lot that is worth heavy value. Honestly it could be about 25 Trygles, that 1 Cyber Dragoon will take the cake.

That's because Hasbro thought it was a good idea to sell Engine Gear before V-Force finished airing.
As result, they were "pushed" out of stores. It's highly uncommon to see anything V-Force from Hasbro.
However, Takara never had that problem. So it's luck. Just hope you have spare parts to make the whole Blade from a lot.
I've seen some carp lots and good stuff.
For example, a 2 beyblade lot for $20. Literally, it had a G-Upper right there on a mash of random parts, and no one buys it.

(May. 21, 2015  1:17 AM)SiontheHedgehog Wrote: I DID.... MY DEATH DRIGGER'S AR BROKE DUE TO SOL BLAZE, AND LIBRA BROKE A MAIN AR WING O BOUND DEFENSER OFF!!! At least the sub ar is safe...
Don't use MFB on Plastics.
The most you should do with Cross Generation would be MFB and HMS, since it was somewhat mostly Metal.
I think in overall, the old school products were more effective when it came to selling a product the only place where it failed was the anime. However in Metal Saga the anime was excellent but the product was lacking.
I never battled an old school plastic beyblade against an new school metal beyblade. (It even states on the package not to.) The plastic beys are a bit more strongly built, but are more likely to cause injuries. (I once launched and the bey bounced hit my hand Unhappy )
The Metal ones are easier to customise and are less likely to cause injuries. Also with the metal blades, you could use different launchers such as string launcher (It was powerful, but difficult to master.)
I think that the original products were better than the new products. On the other hand I prefer the Metal Anime to the Original Anime.
(May. 27, 2015  1:26 AM)LeonesFangs Wrote: I think in overall, the old school products were more effective when it came to selling a product the only place where it failed was the anime. However in Metal Saga the anime was excellent but the product was lacking.

I beg to differ.

The old Anime while there were a lot of Beyblades, a vast majority of the beyblades in it were unreleased,
MF series to my knowledge released everyblade that appeared on the show. (Hasbro took care of the unimportant ones that showed up in one episode such as Burn Wolf and Flame Serpent who faced off against Rock Leone and Flame Libra, it's actually much appreciated

I know Hasbro messed up and properly did the fusion wheel and Spintrack system down but not at first, eventually they got it.
well, my saddest moment in blading was when my the attack ring of my very first beyblade, metal drigger, broke.

and the only time i have won a tournament was the HMS tournament.
so yes i have played old school.

umm. whats best.. its hard to say really. the old has all of my favorite beyblades, i preferred the anime for it. but i prefer the combo making and play of the current gen, since its what i am most familiar with
(Jun. 02, 2015  9:57 PM)Meta madness Wrote:
(May. 27, 2015  1:26 AM)LeonesFangs Wrote: I think in overall, the old school products were more effective when it came to selling a product the only place where it failed was the anime. However in Metal Saga the anime was excellent but the product was lacking.

I beg to differ.

The old Anime while there were a lot of Beyblades, a vast majority of the beyblades in it were unreleased,
MF series to my knowledge released everyblade that appeared on the show. (Hasbro took care of the unimportant ones that showed up in one episode such as Burn Wolf and Flame Serpent who faced off against Rock Leone and Flame Libra, it's actually much appreciated

I know Hasbro messed up and properly did the fusion wheel and Spintrack system down but not at first, eventually they got it.

I meant in affectability in selling a product or having fun with the product. The blades were big and fun to play. With metal fight it didn't feel the same. It was huge letdown even the anime was arguably better then the original!
whoa, surprised that there are people who think MFB is a better show
(Jun. 02, 2015  11:20 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: whoa, surprised that there are people who think MFB is a better show

i like the pinging sounds of metal on metal.

Uh, the MFB anime was very cliche and whiny. But whatever suits you.

Keep in mind the only season I liked was G-Rev.
(Jun. 02, 2015  11:20 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: whoa, surprised that there are people who think MFB is a better show

are you saying Bakuten Shoot is better? I mean I like the consistency of the art style in the MFB anime while Bakuten Shoot's art was all over the place. In terms of lead characters Tyson and Gingka. Tyson was overly cocky but it was fun rising from having just street cred to the guy everybody idolizes and wants to be. Gingka was way too perfect in terms of personality and likability from beginning to end. It was his only flaw. But Ryuga is the reason why MFB was better. Overly cocky Yami Yugi-esque character with Ryo Akiyama Tendencies FTW!!

(Jun. 03, 2015  1:28 AM)Neo Wrote:

Uh, the MFB anime was very cliche and whiny. But whatever suits you.

Keep in mind the only season I liked was G-Rev.

Looking back now, In terms of story telling I felt BSB was not as coherent and all over the place. It just felt like Yu Yu Hakusho with spinning tops. I felt that for a show promoting a product it didn't promote the product as effectively as MFB did for it's products. They must have must have received a lot of feedback from the fans who had issues with BSB and that's what led to MFB having a coherent connected storyline when it came to the villians
i don`t about anyone else, but to me..
BSB = Grew up with, will always love, feels like OG, special place in my childhood.
MFB = New, but still good, but in a new wave style, was hipster-but got used to it, now love it, kinda way.
BBurst = Totally new, nobody knows, its exciting, can`t wait 4 it, wont judge it.

^thats just the shows.
--
As for the actual toys..

BSB = Collectibles, would probably never battle with, keep nice, look at them all day drooling.
MFB = GREAT fun and strategic, more excitement/action, more idealistic ranked beybattle system. Buy millions.
BBurst = Totally new, nobody knows, its exciting, can`t wait 4 it, wont judge it.
(Jun. 02, 2015  10:11 PM)LeonesFangs Wrote:
(Jun. 02, 2015  9:57 PM)Meta madness Wrote:

I beg to differ.

I meant in affectability in selling a product or having fun with the product. The blades were big and fun to play. With metal fight it didn't feel the same. It was huge letdown even the anime was arguably better then the original!

In terms of sells, Gen 2 Beyblades got it in my own thoughts and what not.

this is some weird necro stuff but,
I find this funny, because looking in at some 2009 posts, everyone thought "MFB blew BSB out of the water"
Well, these shows tend to frontload a lot of the best stuff, so it's no wonder it seemed comparatively good vs. all of BSB, good and bad.
(Dec. 11, 2015  4:42 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Well, these shows tend to frontload a lot of the best stuff, so it's no wonder it seemed comparatively good vs. all of BSB, good and bad.

It makes me wonder if Burst is going to end up the same way Uncertain
Tbh BSB is a good stupid and MFB ended up being annoying in a way

Anyways, on topic,
I lost my first Dragoon G after a battle with an MFB in like 2011
Never found it, yet I somehow obtained 6 more
MFB is a better show, simply because it pays attention to all the seasons, thus making the time passing feel legit and past event important...Somewhat.
HMS VS MFB BeyBattles are pretty rad!
XD

My favorite Seasons are G - Revolution and Metal Fusion...
I like Bakuten Shoot Beyblade and Metal Fury, too...
Grin
(Dec. 11, 2015  4:42 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Well, these shows tend to frontload a lot of the best stuff, so it's no wonder it seemed comparatively good vs. all of BSB, good and bad.

I think the BSB was way too clique and cheesy for an anime. It just felt like you could predict all the circumstance before hand because it was done before in other animes but still the anime went an upward slope as time went on and G revolution was best in the series imho. It left a lot to remember of the three BSB series as even the lead Takao felt more relatable than the perfect main character he was in season 1 the whole team conflict, people backstabbing him, and then still winning despite the odd against him. I kinda felt that g revolution was actually all about takao's characterization and growth out of his comfort zone and the victory at the world's belonged solely to him unlike back in season 1-2 where he was one to ask for help rely on the help of others

Hooray for Takao and his "Troy Bolton" tendencies!!!