Old Project of the Moment: Videos! Videos! Videos!

Dear Beywiki collaborators,

The newest Project of the Moment will bring a new era to Beywiki, so prepare yourselves!

Often, you'll read something in a Beywiki article and you try to illustrate the concept in your mind as best as you can, based on your experience as a Beyblade fan, but how do you know you're seeing the right thing? What if there were some ideas that couldn't be properly explained in words without making the description too heavy and long?

For instance, the Beywiki article for Thunder Dragon only says the following: "The TAKARA version of Spark Dragon can spark."
OK, but what kind of spark? Is it the dangerous kind? What causes it to spark anyway? If I were in the dark, would it brighten my day and put a spark to my Blader Spirit?!

Well, why not see the phenomenon with your own eyes!

All you have to do to help, is either contribute with ideas you think might need video exploration, or more importantly, by contributing actual videos! However, like all World Beyblade Organization-related things, we require a certain standard of quality:

Rules for the videos
- No face or person what-so-ever: the focus is exclusively on the Beyblades of course, unless you need to grab the Beyblade or part!
- No talking: there will be subtitles, but don't mute the video either, as we prefer keeping the natural noises created by manipulations or BeyBattles transpire in BeyChannel videos;
- Only pure white, pure grey or pure black backgrounds: just like for Beywiki photographs, we want to ensure a common, professional standard, but at least we're leaving you the choice of shade of grey! Don't hesitate to buy yourself one or two of those cartons you use for oral presentations at your local dollar store, they're really cheap!
- Only natural sunlight, unless you are able to acquire professional equipment to create good fake light;
- The video must obviously further develop a concept of a part or Beyblade, not simply show a random BeyBattle;
- The best quality possible, and no noise/grain to your video! Nothing should be blurred.
- Keep it below 3 minutes if possible!

Rules for submitting a video
- Before submitting the video, please do the basic editing job: cut out the unneeded scenes, put the scenes in the best order for your explanation, and make sure to consider the time required for viewers to read the subtitles that will accompany your video, and keep this in mind when filming too!
- Write up subtitles for your video but don't add them to your video!
- If possible, find some instrumental (no lyrics) music that you want to see added to your video. Also, personally I like some heavy music, but choose songs that the general population will be able to tolerate! Again, please don't add it to the video yet though.
- If possible, convert your video to .mov or .mp4
- Upload your video and song to MediaFire and post the link in this topic along with your choice of music and your subtitles.

*Ginga* will be the one editing your videos by the way! He's done a great job with videos so far!

Here's an example of what you submit:

Video: https://www.mediafire.com/?r9cde5cqzjjfue0

+

Music: https://www.mediafire.com/?oij5xpf919b6u9l

+

Quote:TH170 Height Change demonstration

TH170, which comes with Beat Lynx TH170WD, is one of the most versatile Tracks.
This versatility is due to its possibility to change height,
from 170,

to 190,

to 220. That final height is great against low-Track opponents.

However, how exactly do you change the heights on this Track?
It's not easy to do so with the Track alone, so let's use it on a Beyblade.

Grab the lower crown at the top
and rotate it towards the left when you look at it from the side.
This unlocks the core part and you can grab the Bottom of the Beyblade
to adjust the height of TH170.
The number of nubs on the sides determines which height you are at.
Once you have chosen your desired height,
rotate the lower crown at the top again, to the right this time.
This inserts a lock exactly at one of the predetermined lines.
Here's the process again so you can see it clearly.

For more information on TH170 and Beat Lynx TH170WD,
visit Beywiki's article about it at the link in the video description below!

These videos will be inserted directly inside the appropriate Beywiki articles, but they'll be uploaded to BeyChannel also (with credit to you of course), so you have to take into consideration both audiences!

Here're some ideas I thought could be good to illustrate with a video:
  • Whatever Attack Ring's Upper Attack is superior;
  • Comparison between all the F230 - very short battle excerpts, finger-spinning, etc.;
  • HF/S mode change;
  • Clear Wheels exposing contact points more than others, like on Flash;
  • Q jump example - ideally the video creator should have both moulds though;
  • Death grinding;

If you think of anything else, go ahead and suggest it!

The deadline for this Project of the Moment will be quite far away since this requires a considerable amount of work: April 20th 2014. However, this is just to give this new feature a boost: I really want this to become an ongoing contribution after that!

By the way, just to let you know, contributing one or two good videos, in or after this Project, definitely awards you the Peridot Face! [Image: peridotface.png]
I have a good idea for a video. Maybe showing how Metal Face custom version can drastically change performance of the bey depending on the mode?

I think the Clear wheel one you suggested sounds like something I could do. I'll attempt to film tomorrow.
Glad to see it up!

I am really excited to be doing this, I must say.
I really like this idea! I'll be sure to make some videos, since I love to edit!

On another note, my Zero–G Random Booster Volume Three Full Set just came in a little while back, and most of the beyblades are still very shiny, and new looking. So that should be good.

Also just out of curiousity, do the stickers need to be on the beyblade in advance?
Once I free up some time, hopefully I can do one or two of these- I'd be happy to help. Tongue_out
(Feb. 20, 2014  3:16 AM)MidnightLWBO Wrote: I really like this idea! I'll be sure to make some videos, since I love to edit!

On another note, my Zero–G Random Booster Volume Three Full Set just came in a little while back, and most of the beyblades are still very shiny, and new looking. So that should be good.

Also just out of curiousity, do the stickers need to be on the beyblade in advance?

Not really, usually what you should show is something that goes beyond mere stickers, hah.
Wow, this is great! Also, congrats *Ginga* Grin
Sounds cool! Hopefully I'll be able to come up with something interesting when I have the chance haha
Oh yeah, I could totally do this. Over the weekend. We should also do the SA165 modes and E230 modes.
about the sparking, you could just put flint on the fusion wheel of any bey and it will spark when hit, for that part at least, and flint is not hard to get (just buy a bunch of handheld lighters from the dollar tree and tear out the metal casing and take the flint out, glue or tape it to your bey you want to spark and bam!) I actually made a custom track for this that I call SA145 for Spark Attack 145 where an upper attack can be countered with spark attacks!

Secondly, on video, my camera's quality is not good, (It's just lighting and my older sister wont let me use her lamp to fix that problem) but my video editing skills for my videos are really good (good enough to look professional)
(Feb. 20, 2014  5:47 AM)Meeper Wrote: Secondly, on video, my camera's quality is not good, (It's just lighting and my older sister wont let me use her lamp to fix that problem) but my video editing skills for my videos are really good (good enough to look professional)

Quote:- Only natural sunlight, unless you are able to acquire professional equipment to create good fake light;
(Feb. 20, 2014  5:51 AM)TheLibraKing Wrote:
(Feb. 20, 2014  5:47 AM)Meeper Wrote: Secondly, on video, my camera's quality is not good, (It's just lighting and my older sister wont let me use her lamp to fix that problem) but my video editing skills for my videos are really good (good enough to look professional)

Quote:- Only natural sunlight, unless you are able to acquire professional equipment to create good fake light;

well then i guess opening my window on a sunny day will work.. if i ever get a sunny day (it rains everyday in oregon)
Um, at 0:24, whoever edited it misused 'an' instead of 'a'.
I re-watched the Spark Dragon video, and yes it says "... an HMS ...".
That is not really important ...
http://editingandwritingservices.com/a-o...ng-with-h/
Refer to the X-Files example.
Unless you pronounce it 'aytch' instead of 'haytch', then it's fine.

Anyways, I could probably do the recording part if there's anything that needs help on(or not) the list, but not the editing because i'm sick of it crashing, and editing my previous YouTube videos.
This is a very interesting project! I think that I will be surely part of this Smile

"If I were in the dark, would it brighten my day and put a spark to my Blader Spirit?!" -> ROTFL

Just a question, we have to edit the video (without music) before or the editing is all in the hands of *Ginga*?
You should probably edit it before, putting it in the correct scene order (don't include music!), but if you can't edit it that way, I can edit the footage into scenes myself.
(Feb. 20, 2014  12:58 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: You should probably edit it before, putting it in the correct scene order (don't include music!), but if you can't edit it that way, I can edit the footage into scenes myself.
Ah ok, thanks for the info, I just wanted to know Smile

EDIT: And how about subtitles? I have to give you a .txt file, .ssa file or I have to make by my own the hardsub?
For the subtitles, you do exactly like what I showed in the first post. Nothing more complicated than that.

So what is everyone working on ? Several of you posted that they were going to help, but it might be important for each person to 'claim' a subject, before we end up with two people who will have worked relatively hard on the same subject.
I can make some videos for most plastics things, but I'll have to look at what stuff is actually mentioned and has articles suitable for including it. Obviously I'll do videos for the various tip things I've pointed out, assembly of different SG setups and perhaps a general plastics assembly video. Really there's a whole lot in that regard that I'll do given time, but that's the case with anything... Well, either way I'll do some stuff for the Seaborg Tip thing, perhaps redo Mc Frown's old Spin Stealing Upper Attack video as that is mentioned in an article or two at this point, idk.

Also, as for concepts that centre on plastics, as most of the articles for them need a lot of work I'd be apprehensive about doing them at this point. Some of them are also kinda hard to demonstrate on video - for example, it would be difficult to show on video one AR's upper attack being better than another, in plastics and much moreso in HMS, upward smash plays a part and in the end most of the AR's where it's really noticeable are quite similar - it would take some complex camera setups and slow-mo to show what testing and some theorywork can demonstrate much more simply. Plus there's the whole "traditional upper attack not really being competitive in plastics because smash and spins stealing upper attack and driger v2 customs are much more practical/effective especially thanks to parts like Wolborg 4's Circle Survivor" thing. Then there's force smash but the article we have on it is pretty inadequate - only covers its use for KOing stuff which is generally much less effective than using it to OS stuff (well, it's okay in HMS but more conventional attack is better, and in MFB there are customs that can use it but most of the time from what I've seen they're just hitting things horizontally using their underside - I mean look at Jade - when that's hitting something below it it's hitting with a flat, vertical wall, even if it's on the underside that's not really hitting more downward than a vertical side-on contact point hitting horizontally), which is all worsened by the fact the term is used to describe multiple different things yet without always including wobbling (which is functionally very similar because it's again a downward hitting style) - tl;dr there's force smash which is upper attack but downwards (pushing stuff downwards) and force smash which is upward smash but downwards - hitting stuff downwards - once again it's a case where Takara never made a differentiation between the two. And Wobbling which is often seen to some extent or other in combination with them and sometimes vice-versa because it serves the same effect as the downward pushing. One of those things I was going to write about but never finished, I even had some suggestions about naming each phenomenon, but I guess that can wait until I eventually have time to make one huge post about all the naming stuff we as a community should really sort out, haha.

Anyway, I'm not saying that people shouldn't go for the complex plastics stuff if they think they can - that's great too, but I would suggest for plastics things perhaps simpler stuff would be better (personally speaking though I would like to look anything plastics-related (and maybe HMS stuff too tbh) over before/when it goes up, if that's okay with you Kai-V?)
Oh, and say the week after this one or thereabouts depending on what happens with this tournament, if you really do want to do something like that then at that point, when I'm not stressing like mad, I'm happy to give pointers for that kinda thing, so if you are set on doing something like that then waiting til then and shooting me a PM after that point would maybe be a good idea? Not sure if anyone will want to anyway, but yeah hold off til then as odds are I'll forget in the meantime or worse spend time answering because it's bugging me instead of something I actually need to get done ASAP.

But yeah, I'll get some videos sorted the week after this one when I am not stressing about making a tournament happen and stuff. Will definitely do the Defense Grip Base tip change thing, other than that I'll see what's already done when the time comes - can do some MFB stuff too of course, haha, but I figure fewer people can do plastics stuff so it's a more valuable use of time or whatever? Oh and obviously there's a bunch of HMS stuff I can do as well - I've got a bunch of the gimmick specialty series beys I can demonstrate the gimmicks of or whatever.

That said, I would appreciate some suggestions on where to find suitable public domain music - perhaps be a good thing to have in the OP. It would be useful to me in general tbh as well I'm sure no one wants me to just use the full version of that really irritating soundclip I used for the "MIGHTY 10B BISTOOL" videos, hah.

Oh, and by the way, can I ask to not get a peridot face for this if I do contribute enough? Already have a face or two for what I've done with beywiki, would like to keep it idk, nice and varied and I figure I'll do something else worthy of one eventually given the scale of things I like to try to tackle, haha. Ridiculously pretentious I know but yeah I have my reasons.
(Feb. 22, 2014  7:23 PM)Kai-V Wrote: So what is everyone working on ? Several of you posted that they were going to help, but it might be important for each person to 'claim' a subject, before we end up with two people who will have worked relatively hard on the same subject.

HF/S mode change, lol.

How about these ideas for the project -
- Wing's mode changes (read that post you made or someone's who I forgot)
- Diablo Nemesis modes
- / Dragooon SA165EWD's ability to precess
- etc., aka end of thinking ability.

(Feb. 22, 2014  8:34 PM)th!nk Wrote: That said, I would appreciate some suggestions on where to find suitable public domain music - perhaps be a good thing to have in the OP. It would be useful to me in general tbh as well I'm sure no one wants me to just use the full version of that really irritating soundclip I used for the "MIGHTY 10B BISTOOL" videos, hah.

Music is generally from Kevin MacLeod since everything he publishes is available for use under Creative Commons; that's what Beychannel uses a majority of the time.

(By the way, I accidentally clicked edit to your post but did nothing to it, thought it was the quote button)
(Feb. 22, 2014  7:23 PM)Kai-V Wrote: For the subtitles, you do exactly like what I showed in the first post. Nothing more complicated than that.

So what is everyone working on ? Several of you posted that they were going to help, but it might be important for each person to 'claim' a subject, before we end up with two people who will have worked relatively hard on the same subject.
For now I am working on Phantom Fox gimmick and the EG system, I will send you a test video so you can tell me if the quality is good for the beywiki standard Smile
Oh!

This is great! I'm happy to say, I've gotten my hands on a new camera and, though I'm really busy at the moment, if I can get the time I'd love to help in any way I can.

I can do Diablo Nemesis mode changes (along with mode changes for other 4D wheels if they're needed. I own most of them, including Fusion, Jade, and Beat), SA165 mode change, CH120 mode change, and F : S/F : D mode changes.

Which ones would you prefer I do first? I have a relatively free day tomorrow, and I can probably get 3 or 4 done.

Would it be acceptable to use a white sheet as a background? Unfortunately, I don't have a white outlet anywhere in my home that gets sunlight, nor do I have professional lighting equipment, so that may be my only option.
Hm, preferably film a test video to verify the quality of the lighting, but otherwise, any of those subjects is good and a sheet of paper might be OK.