Old Project: Measurement Freaks!

As promised ...

Metal Wheels :

Clear / Crystal Wheels :

Tracks :

Bottoms :

WSF weighs 0.7 grams, by the way.
Awesome, that really helps. I will try to find time this week to add every data posted lately.
I will try get some HMS' done soon, but measuring all those took up a lot of time, haha. I started at 5, and finished at 10:30, or so.

I'll also try to get some plastics done as well.

EDIT: If you don't understand how to read the measurements (because of its layout), just tell me and i'll assist you.
Tonight!

I definitely will get these measurements up tonight.
Cannon, here are some comments :

For Storm, I get more than forty-five milimetres in diametre.

For Dark, I get more than eight for the height.

Rock and Flash were right.

I did not validate others, but I think sometimes you might not have measured the very biggest things. In fact, if there are two diameters, both should be taken.
I'll re-do them tonight.

My caliper may have reset, so the measurements probaby changed.

EDIT: 45.27 mm for Storm, and 8.06 mm for Dark.
Oops, I never saw that you had edited your post. I will try to validate a few other measurements today, but it should be fine to add most of your data at this point.
Forgot about this thread, lol.

If there's anything else that needs to be measured again, best to do them now before some things gets sold.

I'll do some HMS soon, as well.
Gaia Dragoon MS -
Bit Chip Protector:- Length: 18.17 mm | Height: 6.65 mm
Metal Saucer AR:- Length: 44.86 mm | Height: 7.70 mm
Circle Heavy:- Length #1: 29.86, #2: 31.66 mm | Height: 6.51 mm
Flat Core RC:- Length: 1.22 mm | Height: 5.12 mm

Dranzer MS -
Bit Chip Protector:- Length: 18.09 mm | Height: 6.44 mm
Spiral Upper AR:- Length #1: 42.41 mm, #2: 44.08 mm| Height: 7.19
Circle Balance:- Length: 33.78 mm | Height: 5.63 mm
Manual Change Core (Hasbro Ver.):- Length: 16.11 mm | Height #1: 23.22 mm, #2 23.91 mm

Dragoon MS -
Bit Chip Protector:- Length: 18.02 mm | Height: 6.45 mm
Metal Attacker:- Length #1: 43.15 mm, #2: 43.19 mm | Height: 7.87 mm
Circle Wide:- Length: 37.96 mm | Height: 5.31 mm
Grip Flat Core:- Length: 15.88 mm | Height: 19.56 mm

Draciel MS -
Bit Chip Protector:- Length: 17.80 mm | Height: 5.87 mm
Metal Shield:- Length #1: 43.66 mm, #2 43.68 mm | Height: 7.34 mm
Circle Wide:- Length: 37.96 mm | Height: 5.31 mm
Sharp Core:- Length: 15.88 mm | Height: 24.86 mm

Driger MS -
Bit Chip Protector:- Length: 17.84 mm | Height: 5.94 mm
Metal Upper:- Length #1: 43.57 mm, #2: 44.43 mm | Height #1: 3.33 mm, #2: 7.03 mm
Circle Balance:- Length: 33.78 mm | Height: 5.63 mm
Semi-Flat Core:- Length: 15.95 mm | Height: 23.45 mm

Advance Guardian -
Bit Chip Protector:- Length: 17.96 mm | Height: 6.22 mm
Advance Defenser:- Length #1: 43.90 mm, #2: 45.49 mm | Height: 7.46 mm
Circle Heavy:- Length #1: 29.86 #2: 31.66 mm | Height: 6.51 mm
Grip Sharp Core:- Length: 16.01 mm | Height: 24.49 mm

Einstein MS -
Bit Chip Protector:- Length: 18.58 mm | Height: 6.31 mm
Metal Spring:- Length: 42.18 mm | Height: 7.92 mm
Circle Heavy:- Length #1: 29.86 #2: 31.66 mm | Height: 6.51 mm
Spring Core:- Length: 15.98 mm | Height #1: 23.46, #2: 30.42 mm

Phantom Fox MS -
Bit Chip Protector:- Length: 18.62 mm | Height: 6.08 mm
Upper Fox:- Length #1: 44.88 mm, #2: 44.16 mm | Height: 7.71 mm
CWD Circle Attacker:- Length: 44.02 mm | Height: 12.08 mm
Bunshin Core Upper:- Length: 32.02 mm | Height #1: 18.94 mm, #2: 22.37 mm
Bunshin Core Lower:- Length: 22.13 mm | Height: 12.95 mm
I can more or less confirm Driger MS, Einstein MS, and Phantom Fox MS. You used a tarred digital caliper anyway, no ? By the way, Driger MS's Metal Upper's height seems to be missing.
(Apr. 15, 2013  3:27 AM)Kai-V Wrote: You used a tarred digital caliper anyway, no ? By the way, Driger MS's Metal Upper's height seems to be missing.

Yes, and I just edited my previous post with its height.
Cool then, I think that looks fine. You can go and add them to the articles on Beywiki; simply copy and paste one of the tables' code that I have already incorporated in the other articles.
Should I just round most of them off ? Or keep them the same.

Ie: 48.18 mm > 48.20 mm // 28.12 mm > 28.10 mm
4.18 is not 4.20, so it would have to be rounded at 4.2, nothing else is scientifically acceptable ... In any case, I would just leave them as they are.
Aren't 4.20 and 4.2 the same though ? Well, they equal the same though if I recall correctly; it's just the hundredths place that was added.

But yeah, I will add them later today or tomorrow.
The goal of rounding is so you lose a decimal. If you want to keep two decimals, then you cannot say that 4.18 is like 4.20.
Actually, the zero does technically matter.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Significant_figures
I did Gaia Dragoon MS's, is this OK?

http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Gaia_Dragoon_MS

I also weighed out the gaps.
That all looks good except that sometimes you were inconsistant with what you posted here. For instance, .86 became .85 out of nowhere, and even .22 became .20. It is also important to write the zero at the end to make sure you have two decimals : it tells people that your measurement is not rounded to the first decimal and could therefore be anything between 7.65 and 7.74. It also puts that number in the same field of reliability as the others, because differently rounded measurements have more risks of coming from two different Members.
I recently had a blackout where I live, so that gave me time to do something that was thoroughly missing from the measurements harboured by this thread : angles ! This data is actually very important, and it helps us see exactly why this or that tip tumbles over much more easily than another.

You can see all the angle measurements in the List of Bottoms, but also in a Beyblade's individual article :
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...ottom_List

All angles are to be interpreted as the difference between a flat stadium floor and the actual sides of a tip. That means that, for instance, RDF and RS are the farthest from the stadium floor, so they are the most inclined. That is normal though : they are flat Bottoms, but they are made of rubber at least, so they are not completely vulnerable. However, if you take in consideration RDF's rather big base, it has an overall angle of 30°, hence another reason why it is so good.
Commonly Seen Pieces (Click to View)
Draciel MS (Click to View)
Driger MS (Click to View)
Gaia Dragoon MS (Click to View)
Death Gargoyle MS (Click to View)
Wolborg MS (Click to View)
Round Shell MS (Click to View)
Might as well post what I have done here. MAMS is horribly annoying and I always have no motivation/time when it comes to measuring it haha. I'll try and get it done soon though. I'm busy even during summer vacation...
(Nov. 01, 2012  5:17 AM)Kai-V Wrote: th!nk could come and confirm, but if all Blade Bases are about as wide at their base, then we could measure Support Parts by how much they protrude, as well as their height too ?

Height - 2.30 cm
Minimum length - 1.70 cm
Maximum length - 2.30 cm

Hm, I did not see this - Bases do differ in width, however those compatible with Support Parts do not, otherwise circular SP would not fit on all of them.

Secondly, I was flicking through beywiki and noticed your 230 measurement - 230 does not look as wide to me as it is tall, so I measured the maximum width myself - I lack calipers, but the maximum width looks to be a very neat 21.0mm using the old-fashioned "transparent ruler and lining things up to keep it straight and through the centre" - not ideal for someone with relatively substandard fine motor control, but I definitely did not get anywhere near 23mm.
(Mar. 04, 2014  11:51 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Nov. 01, 2012  5:17 AM)Kai-V Wrote: 230
Height - 2.30 cm
Minimum length - 1.70 cm
Maximum length - 2.30 cm

Secondly, I was flicking through beywiki and noticed your 230 measurement - 230 does not look as wide to me as it is tall, so I measured the maximum width myself - I lack calipers, but the maximum width looks to be a very neat 21.0mm using the old-fashioned "transparent ruler and lining things up to keep it straight and through the centre" - not ideal for someone with relatively substandard fine motor control, but I definitely did not get anywhere near 23mm.

I can confirm that mine are also not 23.00 mm. My smallest is 21.81 mm and my largest is 22.13 mm. If these measurements are heights, then my best minimum "length" (i.e without the attachment sections) is 16.02 mm (but it is ~17 mm if it's actually the width).
It may sound ridiculous, but I actually do not have much time these days to find my 230 and measure it again, so if twenty-two is supposed to replace twenty-three, go ahead.
Well I have measured widths of some parts.
L Drago Destroy PC Frame-4.8cm
L Drago Destroy Rubber Frame-4.8cm
Clear Wheel Aquario-3.7cm
Galaxy-4.4cm
Pegasis II-3.7cm
Begarados-4.9cm

And some maximum thickness
L Drago Destroy PC Frame-0.7cm
L Drago Destroy Rubber Frame-0.5cm
Begarados-0.65cm
Galaxy-1.1cm
Pegasis II-0.8cm