Old Project: Make the Stadium articles burst!

The second Project of the Moment for Beywiki is on! This time, we're focusing on a big part of the Beyblade hobby: the stadiums!

Let's try to publish as many articles on BeyStadiums on Beywiki before October 23rd 2012. Yes, four weeks for a subject which is still major!

The category of BeyStadiums includes absolutely everything : Bakuten Shoot Beyblade stadiums from Takara, old Beyblade arenas from Hasbro, all Metal Fight Beyblade BeyStadiums, all the Zero-G Stadiums, and all of Hasbro's stadiums for the new Beyblade series even if it was theoretically made for XTS tops, because the difference is not made clear sometimes.

We must all remember the World Beyblade Organization's fundamental value : competitiveness. Therefore, these articles must address absolutely every competitive aspect of the matter. For instance, here is a list of points:

- Measurements
- What combinations work best in that stadium
- Whether the stadium forces certain types to behave in a certain way which is different from the standard, the BeyStadium Attack Type
- Why it is good or not good for competitive play
- Should be purchased or not.

As usual, let's make Beywiki the only complete reference!

At the moment, the only articles we have about BeyStadiums are for the BeyStadiums Attack and Balance Type. Beyblade was the priority, but stadiums are equally important!

I can personally take care of the BeyStadium Stamina Type, the BeyStadium Super Attack Type, and the Tornado Type BeyStadium. My classes are all starting very soon, but hopefully the four-week period this Project of the Moment lasts will give me enough time.

Due to the nature of this Project of the Moment, the actual stadium article drafts should be posted in the Beywiki Project forum, not right here in this thread. However, it would be appreciated if you still posted a link towards the draft here.

If you're super knowledgeable about plastics stadiums, or if all you have access to is Hasbro's arenas, here's your chance to shine!

Also, if someone has a list of all BeyStadiums, that would be cool.
I hope you realize that for the earlier plastic stadiums those things are gonna be ridiculously hard. We only just learnt what they looked like. For the list of all the stadiums I can name most of them. Should I PM you it or what?
(Sep. 25, 2012  8:07 PM)Ultra Wrote: I hope you realize that for the earlier plastic stadiums those things are gonna be ridiculously hard. We only just learnt what they looked like. For the list of all the stadiums I can name most of them. Should I PM you it or what?

You can post the list here, no problem.

How many of those very early stadiums are there ? In any case, sometimes the performance can be deduced just with some observation. We need to write as many sensible things about them, and as long as we make it clear that the stadiums are very rare and could not be tested since they were released and their production stopped basically before Bakuten Shoot Beyblade became popular, I think it is fine to describe it slightly vaguely.

By the way, just like I counted on Blitz to show up for the first Project of the Moment, I am now counting majorly on you for this Project, hah. I hope it interests you and that you will be willing/have time to participate a lot.
(Sep. 25, 2012  7:42 PM)Kai-V Wrote: If you're super knowledgeable about plastics stadiums, or if all you have access to is Hasbro's arenas, here's your chance to shine!

I do have a mint Gravity Destroyer stadium from Hasbro. I can do the article and pictures Cute

This is another cool project! (y)
(Sep. 25, 2012  8:13 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Sep. 25, 2012  8:07 PM)Ultra Wrote: I hope you realize that for the earlier plastic stadiums those things are gonna be ridiculously hard. We only just learnt what they looked like. For the list of all the stadiums I can name most of them. Should I PM you it or what?

You can post the list here, no problem.

How many of those very early stadiums are there ? In any case, sometimes the performance can be deduced just with some observation. We need to write as many sensible things about them, and as long as we make it clear that the stadiums are very rare and could not be tested since they were released and their production stopped basically before Bakuten Shoot Beyblade became popular, I think it is fine to describe it slightly vaguely.

By the way, just like I counted on Blitz to show up for the first Project of the Moment, I am now counting majorly on you for this Project, hah. I hope it interests you and that you will be willing/have time to participate a lot.

By early I meant all the ones before A-93 (all the ones before that are pretty unknown to most). Yes definitely. Plastics releases are one of most major interests.
Ohh, while i am not good at pics, I could definitely do Hasbro's Burning Firestrike Stadium!
I can take quiet a large many of stadium photos today. Does this need to have a white background also?
(Sep. 25, 2012  8:57 PM)Cosmic Wrote: I can take quiet a large many of stadium photos today. Does this need to have a white background also?

As much as possible.

If you need a trick since you need a much larger white surface than just a sheet of paper or two, try finding a white bed sheet.
Draft for Destroyer Stadium from Metal Masters (Hasbro).

Most Hasbro stadiums are identical except for colors and designs ... but I decided to do this one because the inner circle is bigger than the others xD
I could definitely do the Lightning Force an Super Vortex Stadiums by Hasbro. I also have a fair bit of knowledge on other Stadiums, but I don't own them.
I can do the Super Vortex as well and I don't own (my neighbor does), but have experience with the Proto Nemesis/Bey Ta 2 Go! stadium.

I know of others, but I don't know if the staff here would be okay with me writing about the Extreme and Tornado Beystadium.
Preferably write about stadiums you own, or have considerable experience with.
Is a new category going to be created for stadiums because it should be warranted after this is completed? Also here's the majority of the stadiums for plastics:

Hasbro
Cyber Dragoon
Cyber Draciel
Dranzer Flame Field
Engine Gear Stadium
Draciel Fortress Stadium
Driger Den
Earthquake Arena
Blizzard Bowl
Vortex
V Force portable

Takara
Beystadium
Beystadium U Type
Beystadium Tournament Dome
A-5 Beystadium Triple Step Type
A-26 Beystadium Attack Type
A-30 Beystadium endurance Type
A-38 Beystadium Ultimate
A-61 Beystadium Wide Type
A-80 Beystadium Magne Dome
A-84 Beystadium Wide Attack Type
A-88 BeyStadium Super (Slope Type)
A-93 BeyStadium Attack Type (Tornado Type)
A-107 BeyStadium Super Double Size Type
A-120 BeyStadium Double Tower

Two questions I hope someone can answer. The first Hasbro stadium which was the clear. Can anyone remember the name of it? The place where I found the info on the others didn't have the name. The second question is this. Hasbro made a stadium that didn't suit their usual mold for HMS or engine gears. Iron something maybe. Does anyone know the name?
I could've sworn there was a Dragoon Hurricane Stadium made by Hasbro as well...

EDIT: Yup, there's definitely a Dragoon Hurricane stadium. There are a few videos on Youtube with it.
Bro I said majority not all. I'm not a miracle worker.
Ultra
I found a couple more here like Cyber Draciel, Dragoon Storm etc.
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/item_a...lect=&pg=1

Er there's something wrong with your link because no items are on that page.
(Sep. 25, 2012  10:58 PM)Ultra Wrote: Er there's something wrong with your link because no items are on that page.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/item_a...e=Beyblade
GaHooleone Wrote:I can do the Super Vortex as well and I don't own (my neighbor does), but have experience with the Proto Nemesis/Bey Ta 2 Go! stadium.

We have a draft for the BeyTa already. It's actually almost complete..

Is the description of the stadium that complete in terms of competitive information though ?
(Sep. 26, 2012  2:01 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Is the description of the stadium that complete in terms of competitive information though ?

Mm, right- I'll try to write one up of that soon.

Anyways, would the Destroyer Dome stadium be counted too? If so, would it mean that it would be a mixtures of contents, specifics on stadiums, an overall section, etc?

EDIT: If I have time, I may be able to do the HMS Tornado Balance too.
(Sep. 25, 2012  10:14 PM)Ultra Wrote: Is a new category going to be created for stadiums because it should be warranted after this is completed? Also here's the majority of the stadiums for plastics:

Hasbro
Cyber Dragoon
Dranzer Flame Field
Engine Gear Stadium
Draciel Fortress Stadium
Driger Den
Earthquake Arena
Blizzard Bowl
Vortex
V Force portable

Takara
Beystadium
Beystadium U Type
Beystadium Tournament Dome
A-5 Beystadium Triple Step Type
A-26 Beystadium Attack Type
A-30 Beystadium endurance Type
A-38 Beystadium Ultimate
A-61 Beystadium Wide Type
A-80 Beystadium Magne Dome
A-84 Beystadium Wide Attack Type
A-88 BeyStadium Super (Slope Type)
A-93 BeyStadium Attack Type (Tornado Type)
A-107 BeyStadium Super Double Size Type
A-120 BeyStadium Double Tower

Two questions I hope someone can answer. The first Hasbro stadium which was the clear. Can anyone remember the name of it? The place where I found the info on the others didn't have the name. The second question is this. Hasbro made a stadium that didn't suit their usual mold for HMS or engine gears. Iron something maybe. Does anyone know the name?

Beystadium
Beystadium II (Blue)
Spin Blaster (Yellow)

IIRC these are three of the earliest stadiums they made, and they were apparently basically takara stadiums with added walls. I had beystadium II and Spin Blaster. The clear one was the Beystadium. Creative name huh?

I hated the spin blaster. IIRC it had a slightly raised centre (beystadium II was just a single sloped dish), which used to annoy me.

That said my memory isn't really clear enough to write an article on Spin Blaster, and my mother binned them. I can do beystadium 2, but no measurements other than it being one of their smaller size stadiums - probably around the same size as takara stadia of the era. Spin Blaster was noticeably larger being a medium size, and larges came later with the Vortex. At least, I think those were the sizes.

Hazel still has his blizzard bowl IIRC, to dob him in.

I don't enjoy writing stadium articles personally but I will do at least a rough draft of Beystadium II, and I will do Tornado Attack if no one has done it by the two week mark.

I'll also scan any stadium-related pages of my spin up guide books tomorrow or the day after.

I also recognise the Iron- one, and will look into it. Might be able to find some info on archives of their site tonight.

EDIT: Iron Battlefield: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R61yvticQo4

You can find a bunch of stuff on youtube particularly from keyblader007. That's the second mold one, apparently, and it has a tornado ridge.

I hope someone writes a good Vortex Stadium article by the way, that infamous thing is something beywiki should have an article on for posterity. For the MFB kiddies, it's the Striker Stadium of the plastics era Tongue_out
can someone do tornado-type stadium (takara tomy) and extreme-type stadium (also takara tomy)? i am considering purchase of these two and i need to know if they are worthwile or not.
(Sep. 26, 2012  5:23 PM)RDF3 Wrote: can someone do tornado-type stadium (takara tomy) and extreme-type stadium (also takara tomy)? i am considering purchase of these two and i need to know if they are worthwile or not.

They are not worth purchasing. You could have gotten this answer simply from the Purchase Consultation topic, or even by seeing if it is considered legal in our tournaments :
http://worldbeyblade.org/universalrules.pdf
I believe my Striker Stadium and Hades Gate Stadium are still mint enough for photos, so I might write those drafts up. I want to do a draft for the Lightning L-Drago stadium as well, since I own it, and it's one of the most balanced Hasbro stadiums.