Oct-16-2022: "TEAMPALOOZA: The New Blader Spirit!" tournament reports

The following are words I have to say about "TEAMPALOOZA: The New Blader Spirit!", a ranked tournament using Team Burst Standard 3v3 format after the people who ordered B-203 got them.

I recommend the following music for reading the report. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X29PQ4_u0KE . Look, I play a lot of videogames. Folks, my memory is bad, so if I end up repeating tournament report music, just let me know and I'll pick a new track.

- We had 6 teams of 3 people, totaling 18 people. It was originally going to be 7 teams, and we'd wind up with one group of 4 and one group of 3 like last time, which was entirely less than ideal. But, unfortunately, someone from one of the teams had to cancel last minute, so it was only 6 teams. 6 team round robin.

- We started around 12:15. It went until 5:15. It took FIVE HOURS. We did not have as many judges as usual, I did not judge (I was very very tired), and the ties are still a thing. We had two beystadiums, and they weren't always both running. With 6 teams, it's hard to, considering you need someone to judge. Yami was one of the bladers whose teammate bailed and he thankfully stayed the whole time and did a lot of judging. I am told he is the MVP today and I cannot disagree.

- I have long COVID, not active COVID.. Cough, fatigue, headaches. So I'm in rotten shape. But I managed to have enough energy to attend.

- The weather was glorious. It was nice and sunny for the first few hours. The sun was out, it was warm. Later on clouds got in the way and it got a tiny bit colder. Wind wasn't a problem, no rain. Lovely day for a tournament.

- Everyone who showed up more or less knew what they were doing! That's always cool. CrisisCrusher07 made this one invite-only, so that scared away anyone who could not properly read how to register. Unfortunately that means there were no backup random bladers available to help fill out the one team.

- I was on team "Now Sonic Can be Super Sonic" with LJ-Blader (captain) and MamaBey2122. We had a difficult day. Overall, we went 2-3. I went 3-2 in my own matches.

- This was 3v3 team format. That means everyone prepared a deck of 3 beyblades. I started with my usual Dynamite and Vanish combo. I decided my third would usually be Wind Dragon Moon Bearing Drift. After losing a match because of a Metal Drift spinout, I ended up replacing (retiring) my Metal Drift, I switched to... normal Bearing. Honestly, it still works well, especially on Bahamut core. I ended up swapping the Moon disc for Over later on. I didn't mess with Xiphoid or Super/King R2, even though I had the capability.

- So at this point my default deck is to run THREE BEARINGS: Bearing, Bearing', and Bearing Drift. You know what, that's sick, we have a problem. And the problem is how well that actually works.

- Let's talk about Bearing Drift! Today, more people had it. LJ doesn't really like it, but a lot of other people were using it. I personally see it both win and lose against other common stamina tips in other situations. Moreso than any other bearing, it is susceptible to KO attacks. It is susceptible to KO attacks from OTHER STAMINA LAYERS ON STAMINA TIPS. You see an opponent using Bearing Drift, you hard launch. Make them pay. It doesn't always work, but why not try?

- There was very little sign of Super R2 or King R2. I have them, but honestly, I feel like it's yet another missed opportunity. TT has established that Vanish and Dynamite are going to be unstoppable no matter what you do, both highly resistant to KO. The shape on King R2 in left is probably the greatest attack out of all the combinations. In right, it doesn't work as well, the points are plastic. And Super? Super's a joke because of the shape. It swoops upward like a Valkyrie, it would probably be best in left but it's still not good. And no one bothers trying to make Divine work anymore. B-203 is, overall, not worth it except for BD. I saw LJ trying to make Superking R2 work, and it kind of did in some matches. I can't wait to see how TT somehow makes Burst Spriggan worse than Astral Spriggan.

- Wind's still around, still used in many decks, I see it on a lot of different tips. It rarely has ties you can't determine, but it happens.

- I had two wins, then two losses, and then a win. My two losses today were close ones, to CrisisCrusher07 and Mr pokee. Pokee's been wrecking me lately. Actually he's been doing extremely well overall. I had a very close match against The Supreme One for our team's fifth match, and after the first two launches I was down 2 points. But I managed to get 3 points between the last bey and a reshuffle. I think by then everyone was just really starting to get worn out.

- Our team went 2-3, so, no finals match. The finals today was kind of chaotic. Modern Crusaders went 4-1, so there's no doubt they had one of the two finals spots. But then we had a 3 way tie of The Beyblade Experience, #Other-Systems, and BC Night Burst. Those three teams each had 3-2 and had beaten exactly one of the other teams. Unfortunately, that means they had to do a mini round robin to find out who goes to the finals match. By then it was 4 and everyone was getting run down. BC Night Burst managed to wind matches against the other two, so, tiebreakers abridged!

- In the final match, Modern Crusaders beat BC Night Burst. Congratulations to the winners: Godly_Requiem, SPN_Z3R0, and Mr pokee! You did an excellent job at Beyblading over the course of the tournament.

- We apparently ruined MULTIPLE birthday parties at this tournament! As usual, parents started showing up around 2 expecting there wouldn't be a Beyblade tournament there. The pavillion there is officially first come, first served. But Crisis is always nice enough to let them have one of the tables and some space. Multiple additional birthday parties showed up, saw how crowded it was, and just kept moving further into the park.

- Everyone's EXTREMELY tired after this tournament, not just me. A lot of organizers are very worn out, this one was a real tough tournament in many ways. I was so tired at this tournament that in the middle of one of my matches I made an inarticulate wail of confusion.

- Unfortunately, LJ blader has a prior commitment scheduled during the next Teampalooza tournament, so it's unlikely Now Sonic Can Be Super Sonic will participate. Mamabey will probably not attend. I may sub in for another team if needed, or just skip it, who knows. I should probably get more sleep anyway. We had a good run! If there are more team series in the future, I hope our team can return.

Good tournament! Very tired.
(Oct. 17, 2022  12:46 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: The following are words I have to say about "TEAMPALOOZA: The New Blader Spirit!", a ranked tournament using Team Burst Standard 3v3 format after the people who ordered B-203 got them.

I recommend the following music for reading the report. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X29PQ4_u0KE . Look, I play a lot of videogames. Folks, my memory is bad, so if I end up repeating tournament report music, just let me know and I'll pick a new track.

- We had 6 teams of 3 people, totaling 18 people. It was originally going to be 7 teams, and we'd wind up with one group of 4 and one group of 3 like last time, which was entirely less than ideal. But, unfortunately, someone from one of the teams had to cancel last minute, so it was only 6 teams. 6 team round robin.

- We started around 12:15. It went until 5:15. It took FIVE HOURS. We did not have as many judges as usual, I did not judge (I was very very tired), and the ties are still a thing. We had two beystadiums, and they weren't always both running. With 6 teams, it's hard to, considering you need someone to judge. Yami was one of the bladers whose teammate bailed and he thankfully stayed the whole time and did a lot of judging. I am told he is the MVP today and I cannot disagree.

- I have long COVID, not active COVID.. Cough, fatigue, headaches. So I'm in rotten shape. But I managed to have enough energy to attend.

- The weather was glorious. It was nice and sunny for the first few hours. The sun was out, it was warm. Later on clouds got in the way and it got a tiny bit colder. Wind wasn't a problem, no rain. Lovely day for a tournament.

- Everyone who showed up more or less knew what they were doing! That's always cool. CrisisCrusher07 made this one invite-only, so that scared away anyone who could not properly read how to register. Unfortunately that means there were no backup random bladers available to help fill out the one team.

- I was on team "Now Sonic Can be Super Sonic" with LJ-Blader (captain) and MamaBey2122. We had a difficult day. Overall, we went 2-3. I went 3-2 in my own matches.

- This was 3v3 team format. That means everyone prepared a deck of 3 beyblades. I started with my usual Dynamite and Vanish combo. I decided my third would usually be Wind Dragon Moon Bearing Drift. After losing a match because of a Metal Drift spinout, I ended up replacing (retiring) my Metal Drift, I switched to... normal Bearing. Honestly, it still works well, especially on Bahamut core. I ended up swapping the Moon disc for Over later on. I didn't mess with Xiphoid or Super/King R2, even though I had the capability.

- So at this point my default deck is to run THREE BEARINGS: Bearing, Bearing', and Bearing Drift. You know what, that's sick, we have a problem. And the problem is how well that actually works.

- Let's talk about Bearing Drift! Today, more people had it. LJ doesn't really like it, but a lot of other people were using it. I personally see it both win and lose against other common stamina tips in other situations. Moreso than any other bearing, it is susceptible to KO attacks. It is susceptible to KO attacks from OTHER STAMINA LAYERS ON STAMINA TIPS. You see an opponent using Bearing Drift, you hard launch. Make them pay. It doesn't always work, but why not try?

- There was very little sign of Super R2 or King R2. I have them, but honestly, I feel like it's yet another missed opportunity. TT has established that Vanish and Dynamite are going to be unstoppable no matter what you do, both highly resistant to KO. The shape on King R2 in left is probably the greatest attack out of all the combinations. In right, it doesn't work as well, the points are plastic. And Super? Super's a joke because of the shape. It swoops upward like a Valkyrie, it would probably be best in left but it's still not good. And no one bothers trying to make Divine work anymore. B-203 is, overall, not worth it except for BD. I saw LJ trying to make Superking R2 work, and it kind of did in some matches. I can't wait to see how TT somehow makes Burst Spriggan worse than Astral Spriggan.

- Wind's still around, still used in many decks, I see it on a lot of different tips. It rarely has ties you can't determine, but it happens.

- I had two wins, then two losses, and then a win. My two losses today were close ones, to CrisisCrusher07 and Mr pokee. Pokee's been wrecking me lately. Actually he's been doing extremely well overall. I had a very close match against The Supreme One for our team's fifth match, and after the first two launches I was down 2 points. But I managed to get 3 points between the last bey and a reshuffle. I think by then everyone was just really starting to get worn out.

- Our team went 2-3, so, no finals match. The finals today was kind of chaotic. Modern Crusaders went 4-1, so there's no doubt they had one of the two finals spots. But then we had a 3 way tie of The Beyblade Experience, #Other-Systems, and BC Night Burst. Those three teams each had 3-2 and had beaten exactly one of the other teams. Unfortunately, that means they had to do a mini round robin to find out who goes to the finals match. By then it was 4 and everyone was getting run down. BC Night Burst managed to wind matches against the other two, so, tiebreakers abridged!

- In the final match, Modern Crusaders beat BC Night Burst. Congratulations to the winners: Godly_Requiem, SPN_Z3R0, and Mr pokee! You did an excellent job at Beyblading over the course of the tournament.

- We apparently ruined MULTIPLE birthday parties at this tournament! As usual, parents started showing up around 2 expecting there wouldn't be a Beyblade tournament there. The pavillion there is officially first come, first served. But Crisis is always nice enough to let them have one of the tables and some space. Multiple additional birthday parties showed up, saw how crowded it was, and just kept moving further into the park.

- Everyone's EXTREMELY tired after this tournament, not just me. A lot of organizers are very worn out, this one was a real tough tournament in many ways. I was so tired at this tournament that in the middle of one of my matches I made an inarticulate wail of confusion.

- Unfortunately, LJ blader has a prior commitment scheduled during the next Teampalooza tournament, so it's unlikely Now Sonic Can Be Super Sonic will participate. Mamabey will probably not attend. I may sub in for another team if needed, or just skip it, who knows. I should probably get more sleep anyway. We had a good run! If there are more team series in the future, I hope our team can return.

Good tournament! Very tired.

Ah yes this tournament took a while but it was very fun I have been very hyper lately at tournaments I think I may need to chill a bit
Ggs all around all the teams did amazing thanks for playing guys AND LETS GO MODERN CRUSADERS!
Sorry I didn't notify you guys earlier some stuff came up and I wasn't able to come for free play or as a team member. As long as some plans don't come up for the tournament on November 6 I can come to play during free play or for anyone looking for an extra team member.