Not Official WBO Podcast

Poll: Is this a good idea?

Yes
84.44%
No
15.56%
Total: 100% 45 vote(s)
(Aug. 03, 2013  2:14 PM)Ultramarine Wrote: Yup! There won't be any guest speakers this time, correct?
Yes. I'll go to breakfast and we'll start.
You can schedule me as a potential guess if you wish.
(Aug. 03, 2013  2:33 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: You can schedule me as a potential guess if you wish.

Potential guest? Why, we'll (well, I'll) love to have you on as a guest speaker one time. Akio should have no problems and Dark certainly won't be needed auditions right? Right!?
Yup, thanks for the interest mate. The schedule for guest speakers will be drawn out soon, after the first podcast (recording tomorrow wooo!) airs next week. Awesome to have you on board! (Akio, don't blame me for accepting Dark. He is an awesome blader, nuff said.)

When I'm not available for a session, I would like Ultramarine to take my place as second speaker. I know that the next school year will have a number of obstacles, but I will try to make it to all sessions! Grin However, just in case of emergency or prearrangement, I leave things to Ultramarine.
Be around relatively early tomorrow guys! We can fit in some discussion time before the recording, just in case Grin
Let's a go! (Italian plumber voice)
We're recording today, in 41 minutes.
At least that's what I thought.
O.o apparently so. My apologies. Indeed in 17 minutes we start.
Grin Lets do this.

EDIT!!!

After a few mishaps and technical difficulties, we managed to finish the first podcast successfully! Expect it to be released on Monday for your viewing, er I mean, listening pleasure!
Hate to double post, but here goes.

The podcast has been edited and comes out to about 29 minutes. Sorry guys!
Anyway, we desperately need help with selecting intro/outro clips.
We need YOUR help!

Oh yeah, and only serious suggestions too, no Disney movie sound clips, nah uh.
I was looking for something like the beychannel intro/outro clip. Anyone have ideas?

EDIT

I have found two clips that may work. For the outro/ending I have settled on Drifted by Matt McFarland.
As for the intro I was thinking the first few seconds of Breaking Through by the same guy would work. Don't worry both are under the Creative Commons licence and we have permission to use it as long as we give credit.
Tell me what you guys think.
(Aug. 04, 2013  4:51 AM)Manicben Wrote: Hate to double post, but here goes.

The podcast has been edited and comes out to about 29 minutes. Sorry guys!
Anyway, we desperately need help with selecting intro/outro clips.
We need YOUR help!

Oh yeah, and only serious suggestions too, no Disney movie sound clips, nah uh.
I was looking for something like the beychannel intro/outro clip. Anyone have ideas?

EDIT

I have found two clips that may work. For the outro/ending I have settled on Drifted by Matt McFarland.
As for the intro I was thinking the first few seconds of Breaking Through by the same guy would work. Don't worry both are under the Creative Commons licence and we have permission to use it as long as we give credit.
Tell me what you guys think.
Okay, but we may have to have a new format, as the first podcast was awkward at best. It wasn't anybody's fault in particular, we just did it weird. I also don't have Word or anything on my new computer.
Let's do this next one not awkward.
EDIT: And normalize it.
Episode 1: An Awkward Start! Has been finished: https://soundcloud.com/beyblade-podcast/...-podcast-1 My voice wasn't normalized, so yeah.
Going to check it out now! Grin
(Aug. 05, 2013  12:44 PM)DrPepsidew Wrote: Going to check it out now! Grin
I warn you, my voice wasn't normalized, so I sound like a walrus sneezing into a blanket.
Doesn't work on Kindle or Xbox. I'll have to wait until later Uncertain
(Aug. 05, 2013  12:50 PM)DrPepsidew Wrote: Doesn't work on Kindle or Xbox. I'll have to wait until later Uncertain
I was trying to watch it on Kindle all day yesterday, so I just went on my computer. I feel your pain, man.
May I be a guest speaker? Maybe I can join withUltramarine?
(Aug. 05, 2013  12:53 PM)Shining God MS Wrote: May I be a guest speaker? Maybe I can join withUltramarine?
I'm thinking of having a guest-filled special if there's not much news about Beyblade.
If you want to see how good at talking I am,I can Skype you.
(Aug. 05, 2013  12:57 PM)Shining God MS Wrote: If you want to see how good at talking I am,I can Skype you.
This is getting progressively more SPAMmy, PM me.
I like ManicBen's voice harhar.

Just listening to this while browsing WBO. Good on you's. Smile
(Aug. 05, 2013  1:06 PM)Cannon Wrote: I like ManicBen's voice harhar.

Just listening to this while browsing WBO. Good on you's. Smile
So many info's! Props to Kai-V for always having lots of helpful info, I need Word on this new computer.
(Aug. 05, 2013  1:06 PM)Cannon Wrote: I like ManicBen's voice harhar.

Why thanks Cannon Grin
Still don't get why I'm called ManicBen, when my username is clearly Manicben (small b).
Not that I mind, it's just not the real McCoy ya see Grin

Trust me everybody, the podcast will only get better from now on, as we shall do planning beforehand, which I'm starting on.
Expect good info for beginners and veterans alike, awesome guest speakers, news, member creation showcase and much more (in planning stages).

We will explain the podcast format in detail next episode (that's the plan! Grin ).
Until then guys! (Use PM system for any questions/queries or advice as well as for guest speaker queries)
"Shogun Face, WOAH."

"South Korea or North Korea ... I think it is North."

hahaha this is hilarious. Great job guys.
(Aug. 05, 2013  3:08 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: "Shogun Face, WOAH."

"South Korea or North Korea ... I think it is North."

hahaha this is hilarious. Great job guys.

Hehe, not gonna lie guys, but I only found out about Hasbro's Shogun Face from Akio and Ultramarine just before the recording... I had no idea there was a physical difference between that and the Stone Face...
Yeah... Meh... Well, awesome that we are keeping viewers, I mean, listeners entertained! Grin
Thanks!
I wasn't very talkative in this episode, haha.
But this seems to be doing pretty well! As Manicben said, it'll only improve, so stay tuned.
Announcement:
We are now accepting questions from PM!
There is likely going to be a brief Q & A section for the questions we get. PM me, Ultramarine, or Manicben if you have a question.
That's it!
well that was different from what I expected, a few tings I noted:

akio sounds younger than I thought and manicben sounds older. just something I found funny.

short? I'm used to hour long podcasts, but if there was no way to download it for me, I'm fine with 30 minutes.

could have been entertaining. I'm used to podcasts with more humour, again just personal preference.

could have tried to fix up the audio. ok this one is more important, the audio quality is a microphone thing but varying volume is able to be fixed even by me who is an audacity noob.

other than that, well done, quite good for a first episode. oh and if you can, get this on I-tunes, helps keep listeners updated.
(Aug. 07, 2013  9:59 PM)Giraton Wrote: well that was different from what I expected, a few things I noted:

akio sounds younger than I thought and manicben sounds older. just something I found funny.

short? I'm used to hour long podcasts, but if there was no way to download it for me, I'm fine with 30 minutes.

could have been entertaining. I'm used to podcasts with more humour, again just personal preference.

could have tried to fix up the audio. ok this one is more important, the audio quality is a microphone thing but varying volume is able to be fixed even by me who is an audacity noob.

other than that, well done, quite good for a first episode. oh and if you can, get this on I-tunes, helps keep listeners updated.
Well, I am twelve. Plus the built-in mic is weird. I got a headset today. Manicben's 17 (Hope that wasn't private, bro) And Ultramarine sounds exactly like expected?

Meh, we'll address length in the next episode.

I guess humor could be addressed as well.

The audio is weird, we'll hopefully do better at editing and normalizing episode 2.

iTunes, woah! (Quoting Manicben)

We'll also explain format and we need a member to sub for Manicben on episode 3. Wink
Request Time!