Not Official WBO Podcast

Poll: Is this a good idea?

Yes
84.44%
No
15.56%
Total: 100% 45 vote(s)
(Jul. 25, 2013  9:41 PM)DrPepsidew Wrote: You do NOT have to pay as long as it's voice. I'm pretty sure we don't need video.

Thanks, I thought you were out, I tried to call you a couple times and you didn't answer even if it said you were online. You could join too if you want you can Skype me.
(Jul. 25, 2013  8:36 PM)Akio314 Wrote: You seem cool. What if I told you you will be the first guest. You won't get any rehearsal like Ultramarine and I, but that doesn't matter. Can you record the call? The podcast will be ten to twenty minutes every month or if we get enough votes, more often.

Awesome. Guest speakers usually don't get rehearsals anyway, just give me a quick rundown of the theme or topics covered to give me an idea of what's going on. Grin
I can record audio using my existing video recording software (I have Razer Gamebooster and Bandicam) and 10-20 mins is all good. Don't you have recording software? Or did you just record your mic for the trailer thing? If you don't I would be happy to record the call and send over the file. I feel that we should start the thing with a quick music clip, like what they do on beychannel, if you get what I mean. Up to you mate.
Im not in charge, but I think a music clip would be cool.
If we get a choice, mines in my user title Tongue_out though its up to Akio.
(Jul. 26, 2013  3:43 AM)Ultramarine Wrote: Im not in charge, but I think a music clip would be cool.
If we get a choice, mines in my user title Tongue_out though its up to Akio.
That would be good, but we really don't have the time.

Things we need:
1. Someone who is caught up on the anime
2. Someone to compose an opening theme
3. The general opinion of one-a-month vs. one-a-week
(The voting will commence once the first podcast is posted)
4. The general opinion on Live-streaming the podcast vs. posting it later.
(Same time-frame as question 3's poll)
To add to the list above, Akio and I talked on Skype, and decided that regular speakers
(which were gonna be Akio and Ultramarine) have to be committed to making it to recording sessions.

If anyone else wishes to be part of this please send Akio (or even myself) a PM aong with Skype details. We are not sure what to do with Ultramarine (I joke Grin ), but we want someone who can make it to recording sessions on Skype and also really wants to be part of this.
As for myself, I will serve as a guest speaker for now (unless no one goes for the second main speaker position) and recorder (as I have the software).

We also plan on doing something like having short podcasts every week, I suggested that having alternating beyblade news and user content or something like that will keep things fresh and entertaining.
We need your opinions guys!

Update:
Gotten an application from AZL for 2nd main speaker position.
I'm sorry I've been busy lately, but honestly, you guys shouldn't be upset that I can't be on 24/7. Especially since a consistent time was never set, which I think it should be.
Of only these devices still worked -.-
Yes, I agree with this. However, due to people being busy at different times and in different time zones, we need to have a clear idea of who is available when. This way we can decide which people best fit in to the role of main speakers who can make it to the recording session at around the same time each week. Postponing sadly is not an option with a weekly podcast.
By having applicants send us their details and available times (AZL, I forgot to remind you to PM your available times), we can decide who is suitable for the role. At the moment, Ultramarine and Akio are main speakers, but this may change. Don't worry if you are busy, having more people in this means that roles can have substitute speakers as well as guest speakers, so no matter if one is away, the podcast still gets done.
We don't expect people to be on 24/7, but we do want good time slots that work with everybody.
As for now, weekend times seem good for everyone, we just need to figure out a stable, definite recording time that most people can make it to. Ya agree? Grin

Well, as for the team so far... We have a rough list of those involved.
Akio - Da boss. Main Speaker and Organiser. Will upload stuff to Soundcloud
Ultramarine - 2nd Main Speaker (atm, subject to change)
DrPepsidew - Speaker (Guest)
Kyler_the best - Speaker (Guest)
Manicben - Speaker (Guest). Helping out with organisation and shiz.
AZL - 2nd Main Speaker Candidate. Definite Guest Speaker

Not sure about others, still any interest out there?
Sunday would be a good day for me, as I'm pretty much free all day. Though I don't remember it was ever made official that the podcast would be weekly...
Nah, its something Akio decided on during our talks. Unless he has changed his mind, that should be the way we are going. Akio may clear things up later. Sunday seems good for me too. When I'm back in England, it's not such a massive tie difference, so Sunday morning to afternoon should be good (USA time).
(Jul. 30, 2013  4:01 AM)Manicben Wrote: Manicben - Speaker (Guest). Helping out with organisation and shiz.

No, you are like second speaker. You show up every morning and night. Ultramarine, just try and
look at my posts. There are a ton of them.
Um, this is how to make a request.:

Edit: Ultramarine, his Sunday is our Saturday.
Not always, its only seven or so hours ahead. And most of your posts stated that you would decide whether it was weekly or monthly after the first podcast was up.
(Jul. 30, 2013  9:32 PM)Ultramarine Wrote: Not always, its only seven or so hours ahead. And most of your posts stated that you would decide whether it was weekly or monthly after the first podcast was up.
Wasn't that a vote topic? Should we stream the podcasts after the first.
(Jul. 30, 2013  7:48 PM)Akio314 Wrote:
(Jul. 30, 2013  4:01 AM)Manicben Wrote: Manicben - Speaker (Guest). Helping out with organisation and shiz.

No, you are like second speaker. You show up every morning and night.

Well, uh, if that's what you want. Grin I will do my best to keep that up. The boss' decision after all.

(Jul. 30, 2013  7:48 PM)Akio314 Wrote: Ultramarine, his Sunday is our Saturday.

As Ultramarine said, our time difference is not much. Right now it is massive as I'm in China atm, but once I'm back in the UK, the timing should be fine. Just USA evening I can't do, as that is my night time.

Yeah, I suppose the weekly/monthly issue will be decided by all of us after the first podcast has aired. In that case, we should prepare for a podcast recording this weekend to make sure those involved can make it. As per the norm, there will only be three speakers: the two main and one guest. As Akio has "like" made me second speaker, then the guest position is still open.
However, I think that position should be reserved for Ultramarine. In case he won't be available this weekend or there is a last second change, we will need a backup. Don't worry, guests are not expected to have prepared beforehand (as so to give honest feedback/opinions on the topics covered.), but are advised to look up latest news, anything about anime, check out the creations forum and so on to get some material to use during the recording.
Could people reply (esp. Ultramarine) if they are available this weekend (prob USA Sunday) for a 10-20 min recording session as a guest speaker? Feel free to bring a topic of your own (please post that too), but it must of course be recent and beyblade related.

Lets-a-GO! (i.e. end of long post)
I think that would be good. How bout American morning? Like 10:00? And would there be multiple takes? Or first take goes?
^ Hm... 10am would be perfect if I was in England. In China it's pushing it, as it would be 11pm (China 13 hours ahead of USA in summer). I could do that, but could we make it 9:00am USA time this Sunday? Is that too early?
I could probably do that. 9 central time?
^ You got it. If Akio can make it, it's settled. 9:00 am US Central time. Be there or be square.
Ultramarine, do you have a specific topic that you want to talk about/discuss in the podcast?
Please PM me/Akio about it (can't reveal anything here Grin ) if you do.
Otherwise, we have everything sorted.
As for takes, probably first take goes. That is what podcasts are kinda like. Original and unique responses and discussions are needed rather than everything following a script. Makes it more interesting/entertaining IMO. Be ready to crank humour levels to high, but not too silly. Grin
Ok, but if one of you burps or something, you remember who said first take goes!
Haha, I'm kidding. But I don't have any specific topics to discuss, though a pm briefing me on what you guys have as far as topics would be helpful.
yo can I be part of this?
Name: Giraton
Knowledge: competitive (knowledgeable on the Australian scene)
Time zone: AEST (UTC +10:00)
Why I think I should join: I found myself loving podcasts and when I tried making one a few days ago on anime with just 1 other person I found myself being quite the good talker for one a bit more freestyle. I have the tendency of starting amazing conversations about things I am interested in and well I wouldn't be on this site for so long if I wasn't interested in beyblades. that plus it would add an Australian guest to your show and allow for a wider audience connection.
^ Mate, you're frikin hired!
Awesome, a guest speaker from literally the other side of the world and a competitive one to boot!
Yeah, it would be a great help to have you as a guest speaker. Watch this space, we will probably post up a schedule for guest speakers after the first podcast is aired next week.

One thing is that we have to find a time when Giraton's turn comes up due to the massive time difference...
Ah, we shall figure it out then Grin
THAT'S BIASED BECAUSE HE'S A COOL AUSSIE!!! I won't be able to participate until August 29th Tongue_out
^ That's cool, we should have others to fill in the spot until then. Maybe a couple a times Akio and I can do it by ourselves. Anyway, looking forward to chatting with all of ya!
(Jul. 31, 2013  8:40 AM)Giraton Wrote: yo can I be part of this?
Name: Giraton
Knowledge: competitive (knowledgeable on the Australian scene)
Time zone: AEST (UTC +10:00)
Why I think I should join: I found myself loving podcasts and when I tried making one a few days ago on anime with just 1 other person I found myself being quite the good talker for one a bit more freestyle. I have the tendency of starting amazing conversations about things I am interested in and well I wouldn't be on this site for so long if I wasn't interested in beyblades. that plus it would add an Australian guest to your show and allow for a wider audience connection.
Yes, international members. I'm watching your TF2 videos, they aren't bad. I'll put you on the list. (The hypothetical list that should probably be posted) If anybody has a YouTube channel and wants to be on the podcast, post it in your post.
Can I join in on this?