Northern Virginia Tournaments

Any bladers or community near northern Virginia/Washington DC area?
(Jan. 20, 2020  6:25 PM)achillies51 Wrote: Any bladers or community near northern Virginia/Washington DC area?

Hi! Welcome to the WBO!

You put this thread in the right spot, but you forgot to check if there was already a thread for tournaments in this region. There are several. I will move this into one of them.
just wondering  if there happens to be bladers near this area
(Mar. 03, 2020  1:17 PM)snoc Wrote: just wondering  if there happens to be bladers near this area

There are plenty of bladers near Northern Virginia. But we already have a thread for that. Use that, don't make a new thread.
My quiz has been approved so now all we need is for Kei or ~Mana~ to make my name purple!
How does this location work for y’all?
1840 Olney Rd
Falls Church, VA 22043
United States
Olney Park will be fine, once normalcy is restored. I wouldn't schedule anything before then.
(Apr. 17, 2020  6:35 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Olney Park will be fine, once normalcy is restored. I wouldn't schedule anything before then.

Don’t worry, I’m not scheduling anything until this is over.
Alright, if I were to host an unranked tournament this summer, what are some non-standard stadiums y’all would want to battle in? I have a variety, but not everything, so please choose multiple.
(Jul. 11, 2020  9:52 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Alright, if I were to host an unranked tournament this summer, what are some non-standard stadiums y’all would want to battle in? I have a variety, but not everything, so please choose multiple.
CheetoBlader have you consulted your local jurisdictions event rules? It appears that Virginia is in phase 3 of reopening, but the rules are quite complicated. Falls Church itself does not appear to be associated with any county, so it would go by Virginia rules. It is possible Virginia may return to phase 2 if things go south.

Fairfax county surrounds the entirety of Falls Church, with the highest number if cases in the state. Now doesn't seem like a good time for it.
I would definitely join some tournaments in NoVA. I'm really excited to start going back to tournaments in general, so being really close to where I live is really nice
Yeah I’d go I have just been itching to go to an tournament so far every tournament listing I have seen was booked so I’d love to go
(Jul. 14, 2020  8:46 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: CheetoBlader have you consulted your local jurisdictions event rules? It appears that Virginia is in phase 3 of reopening, but the rules are quite complicated. Falls Church itself does not appear to be associated with any county, so it would go by Virginia rules. It is possible Virginia may return to phase 2 if things go south.

Fairfax county surrounds the entirety of Falls Church, with the highest number if cases in the state. Now doesn't seem like a good time for it.
[Image: B6644796-2045-422D-B64F-FA6EBFDF9666.jpeg]
Screenshot from the site.
Hey Cheeto bladed why don’t you host the tournament later in the month or early next month. That way you are giving time for people to prepare, and waiting to see what the numbers look like. If they are to high the push the tournament to a later date
(Jul. 17, 2020  1:59 AM)Savageblade26 Wrote: Hey Cheeto bladed why don’t you host the tournament later in the month or early next month. That way you are giving time for people to prepare, and waiting to see what the numbers look like. If they are to high the push the tournament to a later date

I have not scheduled anything yet. I’m just seeing who’s interested.
I'm also excited for a local tournament
(Jul. 17, 2020  1:53 PM)Friedpasta Wrote: I'm also excited for a local tournament
Yeah. Hopefully it can all work out.
Hey not as like a special request but more of a question can we use custom burst beys. I figured since there might not be any ranking or prize that we could just use beys that we have personally designed, of course there would be special requirements that have to be meet but I think it would be a cool and fun idea.
(Jul. 21, 2020  5:38 PM)Savageblade26 Wrote: Hey not as like a special request but more of  a question can we use custom burst beys. I figured since there might not be any ranking or prize that we could just use beys that we have personally designed, of course there would be special requirements that have to be meet but I think it would be a cool and fun idea.
Like 3D printed Beys? Or combos?
(Jul. 21, 2020  5:38 PM)Savageblade26 Wrote: Hey not as like a special request but more of  a question can we use custom burst beys. I figured since there might not be any ranking or prize that we could just use beys that we have personally designed, of course there would be special requirements that have to be meet but I think it would be a cool and fun idea.

If you're talking about things like 3D printed beys there's a thing called combat tops I believe, but its not WBO stuff.

You cannot use custom-built or 3d printed beys at a WBO event, unranked or not. Pursue non-WBO avenues for events where you want to use those.
(Jul. 21, 2020  6:06 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:

You cannot use custom-built or 3d printed beys at a WBO event, unranked or not. Pursue non-WBO avenues for events where you want to use those.

At beytuber brawl some bey tubers used 3d printed beys against each other. I think you should put it in the rules(I don't know if it's in the rules or not) and also check people's beys(the ones they bring including parts and layer and disks and drivers) before entering the area of the tournament.
This will help you a lot of time and also check for broken parts and fakes.
Just to clarify I'm trying to help the community so please don't get mad at me. I'm here to help.
I just want to help my fellow bladers that's all. DeceasedCrab im trying to help you and the staff with my idea. If this idea is acceptable I want full credit please.
(Jul. 22, 2020  5:21 AM)kai edits Wrote:
(Jul. 21, 2020  6:06 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: You cannot use custom-built or 3d printed beys at a WBO event, unranked or not. Pursue non-WBO avenues for events where you want to use those.

At beytuber brawl some bey tubers used 3d printed beys against each other. I think you should put it in the rules(I don't know if it's in the rules or not) abd also check people's beys(the ones they bring including parts and layer and disks and drivers) before entering the area of the tournament.
This will help you a lot of time and also check for broken parts and fakes.
Just to clarify I'm trying to help the community so please don't get mad at me. I'm here to help.
I just want to help my fellow bladers that's all.
The rulebooks say “no 3D printed Beys”. If people don’t read them, they’re in for a rude awakening. We already check parts before matches, and have for a loooooong time. Checking before entering the tournament area is an awful idea. Especially if the players are bringing their own stuff for free play.

And saying “I’m helping so you can’t get mad at me” isn’t how it works. You’re not helping, and it’s like saying “no offense” after insulting someone. It does nothing.