Noob Guide To Customisation

Okay how about we start from the very beginning for people who do not know anything. What I'm looking at is just some ideas, suggestions and some explanations on how to create different types of blades.

Example:
To create an attack type blade look for attack rings with pointy edges.

Example:
To create an endurance type blade look for a heavy weight disk.

Example:
A lighter weight disk will make the beyblade spin faster.
...lol? A endurance doesn't need to have heavy weight disks? And that a attack type doesn't need pointy edges
Quote:Example:

Example:

Example:

All three of these are incorrect, with the last two become completely opposites of the truth.

I'm not sure we can talk about Beyblade in such simple terms.
Silver Kane Wrote:...lol? A endurance doesn't need to have heavy weight disks? And that a attack type doesn't need pointy edges

Example only... as you probably can already tell I have no idea what I am talking about hence the reason for making this topic.
Seems to me the best you can do is read what other people are posting. I'll try and write some basic overviews of customization.
Tamer Brad Wrote:Seems to me the best you can do is read what other people are posting. I'll try and write some basic overviews of customization.

So best thing to do is just to randomly stick parts together?
Juv Wrote:
Tamer Brad Wrote:Seems to me the best you can do is read what other people are posting. I'll try and write some basic overviews of customization.

So best thing to do is just to randomly stick parts together?

I said what the best thing you can do is, and that is certainly not what I said.
Juv Wrote:Okay how about we start from the very beginning for people who do not know anything. What I'm looking at is just some ideas, suggestions and some explanations on how to create different types of blades.

Example:

Example:

Example:

Yea I don'tthink these are always true. I just remember in my head what the attack ring's, wd's, and base's stats are and it helps alot.
TheUnkownGod Wrote:Yea I don'tthink these are always true. I just remember in my head what the attack ring's, wd's, and base's stats are and it helps alot.
Surely not the ones on the Hasbro boxes.
Kuznetsov Wrote:
TheUnkownGod Wrote:Yea I don'tthink these are always true. I just remember in my head what the attack ring's, wd's, and base's stats are and it helps alot.
Surely not the ones on the Hasbro boxes.
Or any others for that matter.

There's already a Compact combo customization page on BeyWiki and I'm sure the rest should follow soon. I think most people who don't know much yet, can just go look there for info and keep reading Beyblade customization threads, etc, here in the forums.
Simple understanding of a small handful of basic physics concepts allows you to think logically through customization. Maybe, I'll do an article on this, but I'll need regular poking or I'll forget.
Composer of Requiems Wrote:Simple understanding of a small handful of basic physics concepts allows you to think logically through customization. Maybe, I'll do an article on this, but I'll need regular poking or I'll forget.

*Poke

That would be a handy thing to carry around. And why would Hasbro Boxe's ratings be bad?
TheUnkownGod Wrote:
Composer of Requiems Wrote:Simple understanding of a small handful of basic physics concepts allows you to think logically through customization. Maybe, I'll do an article on this, but I'll need regular poking or I'll forget.

*Poke

That would be a handy thing to carry around. And why would Hasbro Boxe's ratings be bad?

Because those stats are completely meaningless.
TheUnkownGod Wrote:

*Poke

They aren't accurate at all. Most ARs function differently in the opposite direction so the AR stats would be different. Also, if you put stuff with like 4 Stars for attack together, it'd supposed be the the best attacker in the game, but it doesn't work like that.
G Wrote:
TheUnkownGod Wrote:

*Poke

They aren't accurate at all. Most ARs function differently in the opposite direction so the AR stats would be different. Also, if you put stuff with like 4 Stars for attack together, it'd supposed be the the best attacker in the game, but it doesn't work like that.

Hmmm...they probably put those stats on from what they put on the Anime, so thats why their probably way off the charts lol
box stats, they are funny but kind of a neat idea.

btw what physics law does this concept relate to?
the concept that things rotate easier/faster when they are closer to their axis.

consider your observations, and what makes things happen.

Ie. wider tip causes more movement, because of more contact, friction with the stadium per rotation.
sharper tips aid endurance thanks to less friction (which slows down spinning) but also have less balance, because there is a smaller point to balance on
same with tip materials.

also consider, would a rounder attack ring make harder impacts, or one with larger projections.

think left spin vs left spin, left vs right.

what gives more defence? more friction, more weight etc.
TheUnkownGod Wrote:Hmmm...they probably put those stats on from what they put on the Anime, so thats why their probably way off the charts lol

I believe it's different, from what I remember seeing long ago.

OSW Wrote:btw what physics law does this concept relate to?
the concept that things rotate easier/faster when they are closer to their axis.

Ie. wider tip causes more movement, because of more contact, friction with the stadium per rotation.
sharper tips aid endurance thanks to less friction (which slows down spinning) but also have less balance, because there is a smaller point to balance on
same with tip materials.

also consider, would a rounder attack ring make harder impacts, or one with larger projections.

think left spin vs left spin, left vs right.

what gives more defence? more friction, more weight etc.

Rotate faster- Conversation of Angular Momentum/Angular kinetic energy (can be treated either way); but for the same amount of energy imparted, there is a balance between moment of inertia and angular velocity, consequently as the moment of inertia decreases, angular velocity increases. Given that moment of inertia decreases with radius, yeah there you have it.

The thing about the wider tip... you know, I'm having problems believing that it's due to more friction. I think it's more of the contact angle and the direction of the force that the Beyblade acts on the stadium surface.

The less balance thing... again, that is an intuitive feel to it, but I doubt it's because of that.

The rest should be pretty obvious. I've a concert next Friday, but after that I'm pretty free since school holidays have started.
yeah i was just explaining how i see a few things, as i'm reasonably inexperienced. I know i do have some basic physics concepts (mainly i've understood from experience), of course many don't apply to beyblade.

I think balance has alot to do with weight distribution.

Composer of Requiems Wrote:there is a balance between moment of inertia and angular velocity
ah thank you, these are the terms i was trying to think of.
OSW Wrote:I think balance has alot to do with weight distribution
Generally, considering that Beyblades are mainly symmetrical, weight distribution has a smaller part than some other factors. With exception of certain Beyblades.
Perhaps that is why, they call you the Composer Grin
Composer of Requiems Wrote:
Generally, considering that Beyblades are mainly symmetrical, weight distribution has a smaller part than some other factors. With exception of certain Beyblades.

weight distribution may have a small part but what about location of weight from the center? wouldnt the closer it is the center of the object improve stability?
Fleetscut Wrote:
Composer of Requiems Wrote:

weight distribution may have a small part but what about location of weight from the center? wouldnt the closer it is the center of the object improve stability?

It could, but indirectly; closer to the center may improve stability by allowing higher spin velocity.