[Newcastle, UK] Northern Brawl Summer Showdown [EVENT ON! RELOCATED DATE CHANGED]

on
Hosted by
  Newt
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

NORTHERN BRAWL BEYBLADE

Back to the venue I used in the first place. I am no longer using Moving Image after a sight fall out with the owner:\ Nevermind is summer time and we should all be out in the sunshine for the Northern Brawl Summer Showdown.

Date: SUNDAY 26th June ( 26/06/11)
Time:1pm (can make it later if needed post if its going to be a problem)
If everybody can be there and registered for 12:45 that would be awesome Smile
Estimated Duration 2hours (Depends on entrants and format used)

Venue: Leazes Park (Band Stand Area) Newcastle (North East, UK).
Direction from St James Park
Directions from St Jamses Park metro station.
We will be under the band stand if it decides to drizzle. If anyone has an umbrella I would sujest bringing it just incase Smile

If anyone is travelling from out of the area I would reccomend using the tyne and wear metro service to get to st james park metro station. I will meet up with people at St James metro station at 12. If your coming from far and want to to meet you at central station please say so and i'll make special arrangements.

I've checked nexus and it seems that the only disruption to the service are on south tyneside Pelaw-South Shields.
If the metro service is down (North Shields-Byker) I can meet up with you before hand but it will be early get a convoy going Grin

Format: Round Robin (Block RR if we get enough)

Entry Fee:
Without Passport £3
Blader Passport holder Free

Prizes As always its a mystery Tongue_out
Judges: Newt, Black_Rose

Additional Note: If you have no beyblades you can borrow one of mine for a £4 deposit. This means I get my blade back at the end of the tourney and you get your £4 back. (usualy I just loan mine out for free but both myself and Scurry have had blades stolen recently and its just not fun)

Im going to make a new entry list. everybody post to get added. Invite everyone you know the more the better!

Newt
Black_Rose
Meadowell
Scurry
Spoonigan
Poesidon

Also Poesidon will be selling at this event. Some of his warez include;
(Jun. 15, 2011  7:45 PM)poseidon Wrote: SELLING:
Check my shop out get your plastic and hms needs ???
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Poseidon...or-%C2%A38
2 hasbro staduims max stampede ( 1 for 7.99 or both £15 !!!!!!!!)
flame sagitario NIB hasbro !1! (7.99)
nib lightning l drago electronic beyblade !!!!!! (10.99 !)
But also check out his thread because he is a cool guy Smile

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

You must live in northwest Scotland or something. If you were to live that far away down south it would be easier for you to go to London. Infact it takes you 7 hours to get From Newcastle to London on a mega bus.

Where are you from anyways?
You don't know where your from or you don't know how long it will take you to get here?
(Jun. 10, 2011  4:44 PM)Black_Rose Wrote: You don't know where your from or you don't know how long it will take you to get here?

It's just that I thought that for some reason, I thought that it was in cornwall... I might be able to come if I find out where it is.
(Jun. 10, 2011  6:37 PM)Jackeea Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2011  4:44 PM)Black_Rose Wrote: You don't know where your from or you don't know how long it will take you to get here?

It's just that I thought that for some reason, I thought that it was in cornwall... I might be able to come if I find out where it is.

Where what is? The tournament? It's pretty obvious from the OP that it's in North Shields, near Newcastle, Northern England, surely..
(Jun. 10, 2011  7:10 PM)omre94 Wrote:
(Jun. 10, 2011  6:37 PM)Jackeea Wrote:

Where what is? The tournament? It's pretty obvious from the OP that it's in North Shields, near Newcastle, Northern England, surely..

Not this one, the one that Posiedon might be hosting.
EDIT

plans have changed see the OP
(Jun. 11, 2011  11:46 PM)Newt Wrote: Sorry guys I'm having to cancel for 2 reasons

1st is that I got a new job that has me contracted to work on a saturday.
2nd is that my relationship with the owner of MIT has been somewhat damaged and I nolonger wish to host an event at his shop.

I apologise to everyone who had their hopes up but I will assure you that this won't be the end of Northern Brawl. It is just a set back.

Damn that's a shame, hope you can find another suitable area to host them during the Summer, I'll keep checking back for any updates.
(Jun. 11, 2011  11:51 PM)omre94 Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2011  11:46 PM)Newt Wrote: Sorry guys I'm having to cancel for 2 reasons

2nd is that my relationship with the owner of MIT has been somewhat damaged and I nolonger wish to host an event at his shop.

I apologise to everyone who had their hopes up but I will assure you that this won't be the end of Northern Brawl. It is just a set back.

Damn that's a shame, hope you can find another suitable area to host them during the Summer, I'll keep checking back for any updates.

Im thinking of changing the date to a sunday and doing the bandstand in town again.
(Jun. 12, 2011  12:05 AM)Newt Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2011  11:51 PM)omre94 Wrote:

Im thinking of changing the date to a sunday and doing the bandstand in town again.

That'd be great, the bandstands easier to get to for me, and if you could manage hosting a tournament there in the snow last time I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem doing it when the weather should hopefully be good haha.
Also one question I was wondering about over the recent tourney is if you knew when the credits for it were going to be given out?
(Jun. 12, 2011  12:10 AM)omre94 Wrote: That'd be great, the bandstands easier to get to for me, and if you could manage hosting a tournament there in the snow last time I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem doing it when the weather should hopefully be good haha.
Also one question I was wondering about over the recent tourney is if you knew when the credits for it were going to be given out?

Havn't a clue bud. I just noticed you have the emerald face and I havn't xD
(Jun. 12, 2011  12:16 AM)Newt Wrote:
(Jun. 12, 2011  12:10 AM)omre94 Wrote: That'd be great, the bandstands easier to get to for me, and if you could manage hosting a tournament there in the snow last time I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem doing it when the weather should hopefully be good haha.

Havn't a clue bud. I just noticed you have the emerald face and I havn't xD

Ah right haha no probs, I'd imagine the staff have been busy after all the recent tourneys so that could explain why theres been no credits yet, as for the face I just PM'd a staff member about it and got it sorted so you could just do the same.
Anyway like I said I'll keep checking back for when you've sorted the next tourney location, the bandstands fine with me.
Updated.

Change of venue its now in Leazez park NEWCASTLE!

Change of date now Sunday 26th (All my tourneys will be on a sunday now as I have a new job)

Please tell everyone you know as I think the venue change might have me loose 3-4 players Unhappy
(Jun. 13, 2011  11:28 PM)Newt Wrote: Updated.

Change of date now Sunday 26th (All my tourneys will be on a sunday now as I have a new job)

Please tell everyone you know as I think the venue change might have me loose 3-4 players Unhappy

Perfect. I was devastated when it was cancelled, but now I is happy!!!!!

Great, I'll see you there then =)
(Jun. 14, 2011  8:28 AM)Jackeea Wrote:

Perfect. I was devastated when it was cancelled, but now I is happy!!!!!

what you can go now ?
(Jun. 14, 2011  4:41 PM)poseidon Wrote: what you can go now ?

I gave up trying to work out what he's doing

Prizes are being ordered Smile
(Jun. 14, 2011  5:05 PM)Newt Wrote:
(Jun. 14, 2011  4:41 PM)poseidon Wrote: what you can go now ?

I gave up trying to work out what he's doing

Prizes are being ordered Smile

I think that i've gave up as well. lolz XD

Also, what time do we need to be there and register?
SELLING:
Check my shop out get your plastic and hms needs ???
2 hasbro staduims max stampede ( 1 for 7.99 or both £15 !!!!!!!!)
flame sagitario NIB hasbro !1! (7.99)
nib lightning l drago electronic beyblade !!!!!! (10.99 !)
thanks newt for letting me sell at the tourney
Can we sort of keep this on topic, Poseidon? Also, what time do we need to be there to register?
(Jun. 16, 2011  10:10 AM)Jackeea Wrote: Can we sort of keep this on topic, Poseidon? Also, what time do we need to be there to register?

Umm I'll try to be there for 12:45 which is when we register. I will definately be there for 1pm then ill quickly register everyone and we will start. If everybody is at the venue for 1pm we shouldn't have a problem.

Also poesidons selling blades at my tourney any if anybody else wants to they can aswell Smile
Sorry, but I can't come. My dad's eye exploded (well, part of it) so he can't drive me there.
(Jun. 16, 2011  6:23 PM)Jackeea Wrote: Sorry, but I can't come. My dad's eye exploded (well, part of it) so he can't drive me there.

errrrrr were you be able to come in the first place ? where do you live ?