New worldbeyblade.org — bug and issue reporting

(Jul. 26, 2018  12:27 AM)Joeyk Wrote: So, I paid for a bladers passport a couple of months ago and its not showing on my profile, does anyone know why?

As of now it not an automatic thing. The committee have to manually give it to you
(Jul. 26, 2018  12:37 AM)Yami Wrote:
(Jul. 26, 2018  12:27 AM)Joeyk Wrote: So, I paid for a bladers passport a couple of months ago and its not showing on my profile, does anyone know why?

As of now it not an automatic thing. The committee have to manually give it to you

I'm really sorry for sounding kind of dumb but, when will they manually give it to me?
(Jul. 26, 2018  12:54 AM)Joeyk Wrote:
(Jul. 26, 2018  12:37 AM)Yami Wrote: As of now it not an automatic thing. The committee have to manually give it to you

I'm really sorry for sounding kind of dumb but, when will they manually give it to me?
Just Send Kei or ~Mana~ a message.
Yeah @[Joeyk], pop me a message with your PayPal email address and I'll look into this for you! Likelihood is that we couldn't cross-reference your PayPal email address with your WBO account while our automatic system was down, haha.
(Jul. 26, 2018  2:38 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: Yeah @[Joeyk], pop me a message with your PayPal email address and I'll look into this for you! Likelihood is that we couldn't cross-reference your PayPal email address with your WBO account while our automatic system was down, haha.
Nah, it's fine everything is cool, but thank you for the info anyways!
(Jul. 26, 2018  4:43 AM)Joeyk Wrote: Nah, it's fine everything is cool, but thank you for the info anyways!

I mean...if it's regarding a Passport you're due to have, it's not cool at all, haha. You should definitely be given it if you've paid to have it! Tongue_out

If you don't actually want it, so be it. But if you do, I really would suggest you PM me with the PayPal email you used to purchase it or the WBO event you purchased it at, haha.
Yo guys!

Just to follow up; the Quiz is now down for maintenance! We don't want it to be down long, but we'll be taking our time to make sure things are done properly in the meantime! Thanks for your understanding!

In addition, two very critical bugs have also been fixed;
  • Fixed an issue wherein Blader Passports bought via PayPal wouldn't automatically be applied or removed.
  • Fixed an issue wherein users would not receive system emails from the WBO (this includes account activation emails, PM alerts and more).

Thanks to everyone who reported these issues to us!
Hey guys!

The Organizer's Quiz is now back online and using our new set of questions! For those who have shown interest in recent weeks in taking the Quiz, now's the perfect time to submit your application!

Also a small heads-up; the lack of a Passport Bit immediately after purchasing a Blader Passport isn't a bug, and definitely isn't worthy of emails to contact@ stating that it's an urgent addition, haha. While the Passport usertitle is immediately applied, Passport Bits are still manually applied by the Committee each week, so please hold fire going forward in regards to the Bit!

Thanks for your patience guys!
I see only Organizer's Guide there
I submitted my completed quiz over a week ago. About how long does it normally take to get feedback and granted Organizer status?
On my phone, whenever I go on the Beyblade Wiki list of burst system parts, it gives me a google message saying I won 1000$ dollars or something. I know it’s fake but I cannot get around it and use the page.

Actually, now every page is doing that. The Wiki is becoming unusable on my phone
(Oct. 30, 2018  1:24 PM)Dt20000 Wrote: On my phone, whenever I go on the Beyblade Wiki list of burst system parts, it gives me a google message saying I won 1000$ dollars or something. I know it’s fake but I cannot get around it and use the page.

Actually, now every page is doing that. The Wiki is becoming unusable on my phone

I’ve had that problem before and I think it’s some kind of malware issue. I recommend Google it. I tried a multitude of things that Google told me to do and eventually something work and the messages stopped coming up. Try clearing your search history and see if that helps.

Also, just to clarify, it’s not specifically a problem with Beyblade Wiki or Wikia, it can happen on other websites too.

(Oct. 30, 2018  1:24 PM)Dt20000 Wrote: On my phone, whenever I go on the Beyblade Wiki list of burst system parts, it gives me a google message saying I won 1000$ dollars or something. I know it’s fake but I cannot get around it and use the page.

I’ve done some more research and I may have been wrong. This sounds like an issue on Wikia’s end. Take a look at this:

https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/n...llcall-com
(Oct. 30, 2018  9:00 PM)Ranch+Kerbeus Wrote:

I’ve had that problem before and I think it’s some kind of malware issue. I recommend Google it. I tried a multitude of things that Google told me to do and eventually something work and the messages stopped coming up. Try clearing your search history and see if that helps.

Also, just to clarify, it’s not specifically a problem with Beyblade Wiki or Wikia, it can happen on other websites too.

I’ve done some more research and I may have been wrong. This sounds like an issue on Wikia’s end. Take a look at this:

I think it was the move from wikia to fandom that caused this, because when I cleared my website data like it said, the Beyblade Wiki took me to a link that said the site might be deceptive and trying to steal my information.

(Oct. 30, 2018  9:00 PM)Ranch+Kerbeus Wrote:

[Image: 7015-B809-8187-4-A6-E-B593-C8-C7612-A6-FE8.jpg]
It isn't to do with the Wiki or the move to Fandom either.

I suggest you clear your browsing data within any and all browsers you normally use and try again. It's likely you've picked up some malware somewhere unfortunately.
(Oct. 31, 2018  7:07 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: It isn't to do with the Wiki or the move to Fandom either.

I suggest you clear your browsing data within any and all browsers you normally use and try again. It's likely you've picked up some malware somewhere unfortunately.

I don’t know, because I did that multiple times. The only way to get it to work was turn off cookies, but that made various other sites useless.
(Oct. 31, 2018  9:45 PM)Jman jman Wrote: What Browser do you use.
Safari
(Oct. 31, 2018  10:51 PM)Dt20000 Wrote:
(Oct. 31, 2018  9:45 PM)Jman jman Wrote: What Browser do you use.
Safari

Maybe you should try a different one I use Google chrome.
(Oct. 31, 2018  10:57 PM)Jman jman Wrote:
(Oct. 31, 2018  10:51 PM)Dt20000 Wrote: Safari

Maybe you should try a different one I use Google chrome.

Google chrome didn’t work either
Then it's likely a deeper issue than just browsers.

But I can confirm using multiple devices that it isn't an issue with the site overall. Your case does simply sound like malware somewhere.
(Nov. 01, 2018  2:01 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: Then it's likely a deeper issue than just browsers.

But I can confirm using multiple devices that it isn't an issue with the site overall. Your case does simply sound like malware somewhere.

Okay, thank you
It fixed itself! The wiki is now fine!
(Oct. 15, 2018  4:52 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: Hey guys!

The Organizer's Quiz is now back online and using our new set of questions! For those who have shown interest in recent weeks in taking the Quiz, now's the perfect time to submit your application!

Also a small heads-up; the lack of a Passport Bit immediately after purchasing a Blader Passport isn't a bug, and definitely isn't worthy of emails to contact@ stating that it's an urgent addition, haha. While the Passport usertitle is immediately applied, Passport Bits are still manually applied by the Committee each week, so please hold fire going forward in regards to the Bit!

Thanks for your patience guys!

Where can I find the quiz? There doesn't appear to be a link on the WBO page.

ObeahRaven
Regarding the current update on the website in general’s bugs:

I am currently on the iPad and have been using its screen keyboard ever since. Today, using it on the post reply box and typing causes the screen to shift places upwards. Plus, when I randomly touch the screen that seems a little bit to the right of the screen, it appears to have a chance of directing that touch to the page number instead, sending me there. At this point, I can’t even see what I’m typing when I type, which may critically increase the risk of errors. I suggest you simply fix this and everything will go smoothly. Please?