[New York, NY] 11/12/11 The Climactic DJ Battle! Deikailo vs. Arupaeo! [INDOORS!]

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

First place: Arupaeo
Second place: broseph317
Third place: Metalzoroark21

You heard us right! America's best hosts will clash at ps63 in a seeded double elimination event. It's a battle to see which two can survive until the end in this amazing co-hosted event!

And will Dark_Mousy arise to the challenge as well?! Or will he be left in the dust? Stay tuned for the next episode of Beyblade: New York!

Date: Saturday, November 12th, 2011 (No Rain Date)
Time: 10am is free play, tournament will start at 11am and will end by 3pm
Contact: Danielle @ (631) 745-7001 if you get lost or you are late ONLY! Please respect my time and cell phone bill. You can text.
Venue: 121 east third street, New York, NY @ Public School 63's school auditorium
Fee: $10 year round pass (Blader Passport), $5 one time entry fee
Format: Double elimination

Prizes
1st Place: BB-10 Beystadium Attack Type + BB-113 Scythe Kronos T125EDS + BB-116 Random Booster Volume 8
2nd Place: BB-96 Beyblade Super Deck Set
3rd Place: BB-106 Fang Leone 130W2D + Hell Crown 130FB

ALERTS!
  • ALL STADIUMS I BRING ARE FOR OFFICIAL PLAY ONLY. If you want to bring your own stadium, that will be a free play stadium. None of my stadiums will be used outside of official play.

• BRING YOUR OWN FOOD. Especially me. Someone remind me. There is a hot dog cart nearby, but I'm sure you all want something more substantial in your stomachs.

• IF YOU HAVE PAID FOR A PASSPORT, BUT DO NOT HAVE THE PASSPORT FACE you must contact a committee member (Kei, Daegor42, Kai-V, Blitz, or Heart) about that. I am no longer honouring guesswork of what other hosts have and have not reported. If you do not have the face, you will have to pay fees. Take care of this now while you still have notice. It's written right here so don't whine to me. This means you, Sircancer28.

• YOUR PASSPORT MAY HAVE EXPIRED. If you had purchased a passport at MorningMess's tournament last year, your passport has expired. If you purchased one at Ikki's tournament, then you're in luck, this is your last day to use it. However, if it rains on Saturday and we have to move this to Sunday, your passport will be officially expired. Check to make sure everything is valid before you come!

• BE CAREFUL OF YOUR BELONGINGS. There are ALWAYS thefts at large outdoor events in NYC. Keep your parts close. Also, if there is a stadium that is not yours, DO NOT TAKE IT. Actually, this applies to everything that is not yours. Return everything you find to me, please.

• THIS TOURNAMENT WILL RUN MINIMUM 3 HOURS. Please tell your parents this. You can leave earlier if you lose (we don't recommend it as you should practice for the next tournament), but you should be up front about this time frame.

Sell List
  • BB-10 Bey Stadium Attack Type - $45 each
  • BB-96 Beyblade Super Deck Set - $40 each
  • BB-102 Booster Screw Capricorne 90MF - $16 each
  • BB-104 Starter Basalt Horogium 145WD - $25 each
  • BB-106 Fang Leone 130W2D - $23 each
  • BB-105 Big Bang Pegasis F:D - $25 each
  • BB-109 Random Booster Vol.7 - $18 each
  • BB-113 Starter Scythe Khronos T125EDS - $30 each
  • BB-116 Random Booster Vol.8 Jade Jupiter - $18 each

* Please ask about my open parts

Beyblade Tournament Players:

Arupaeo
beybladerdx
chrisfire360
Deikailo
famemonster8
L Drago Boy
M L Drago
NearLawliet1228
pdiou
royalkingdom510
SamanthaD.
ScytheLDragoF:S
shadow x 9365
Sircancer28
xsonicx10

Total: 15

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

I expected more, but the parents I'm communicating with didn't publicly announce the event in the school. Oh well.

For those of you who heard about my computer crashing, rest assured, all the data restored itself.
(Nov. 12, 2011  11:10 PM)th!nk Wrote: Well don't keep us all in suspense! Did you and Deikailo battle in the finals? Who won? Did you both dress as Blader DJ's? Was there video? Any Fatalities? Action? Drama? Excitement? Norse Gods? Did anyone other than Kaji man uip and use attack? Was it all 10-minute stamina battles?

Hey th!nk,

Didn't mean to leave you hanging there! As you can see from the OP I was able to win the tournament. Smile

Yes, we absolutely both dressed as Blader DJs! There is video that Dei took as well as a bunch of other people who were there and hopefully there were some stills taken as well. As usual, I was too busy running around doing stuff to stop and take any shots of my own.

There was plenty of drama and excitement, and while there weren't any fatalities there was an injury - during a battle my opponent smashed my hand with his launcher and gashed open my finger between the knuckles. fortunately I always take a first aid kit with me, and so was able to be patched up in no time (it nothing really, but it did bleed and hurt some).

There were a surprising number of attack bladers there, but the majority were stamina and defense based combos. Phantom Orion was all over the place as were some non-bearing drive phantom customs that ended up doing very well!

As to Deikailo and myself... No, we didn't actually get to battle! I was so disappointed! We should have done an exhibition match, but the logistics of the school as a new venue didn't really give us the time.

But all is not lost! I have a feeling the the conclusion of the Climactic DJ Battle is yet to come - and may be coming sooner than you think... Hmm..... Eee
Hah! Dan was right, you didn't battle! I considered the odds of it happening at a large tourney would be slim, even with you both being highly competent.

So, school's out and you never fought despite spending weeks talking it up? Heh.

Congrats on winning, by the way. I will personally make sure that Deikailo never forgets that it's all her fault that the climactic DJ battle didn't occur.

Congratulations to Broseph and MetalZoroark too! Placing in a tourney of that size with a number of excellent bladers around is an extremely difficult task, the pressure of the situation alone is a huge challenge!
Yea man congrats. Undefeated! Wink
I went 7-1 today, but I bet you had more battles.
(Nov. 13, 2011  1:12 AM)th!nk Wrote: Hah! Dan was right, you didn't battle! I considered the odds of it happening at a large tourney would be slim, even with you both being highly competent.

So, school's out and you never fought despite spending weeks talking it up? Heh.

Congrats on winning, by the way. I will personally make sure that Deikailo never forgets that it's all her fault that the climactic DJ battle didn't occur.

Congratulations to Broseph and MetalZoroark too! Placing in a tourney of that size with a number of excellent bladers around is an extremely difficult task, the pressure of the situation alone is a huge challenge!
We're just building suspense. That's all.
Metal Zoroak did it again! That dude's a pro already O.o . And it was kind of obvious that Arupaeo was gonna win :>. Congrats to the winners. I bet NY was more challenging than MD. Wink
Dei, the one time you called me twice, I was bleeding (a little) cuz my custom grip broke the skin on my left index fingers' knuckle. I obviously need fingerless gloves...bleeding knuckles HURT, don't they?
Ouch! Did you move it anyway too rough? I often hurt mine when launching and my hand hits the ground Tongue_out. I got it worse, you'll be fine. And yes bleeding knuckles hurt.
(Nov. 13, 2011  2:02 AM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Nov. 13, 2011  1:12 AM)th!nk Wrote: Hah! Dan was right, you didn't battle! I considered the odds of it happening at a large tourney would be slim, even with you both being highly competent.

We're just building suspense. That's all.

Yeah well
(Nov. 11, 2011  2:34 AM)Deikailo Wrote: I suck at Beyblade. It shouldn't be so hard to beat me.

It's almost like you were already prepared to lose. Scared to face Arupaeo maybe?

Thanks man! Broseph and MetalZoroark were beastly today! There were loads of good Bladers and it was a super tough tourney!

Deikailo and I will have our day, it just wasn't today. I'm still coming for you Deikailo! (he types while standing beside her) Wink
Thanks to everyone it was fun, and for the little ones who didn't take losing so well. Its ok everyone has their days but you can always get better. Great job to everyone.
Ain't no shame in placing second. Plus, the silver face is pretty.
(Nov. 13, 2011  2:45 AM)Arupaeo Wrote:

Thanks man! Broseph and MetalZoroark were beastly today! There were loads of good Bladers and it was a super tough tourney!

Deikailo and I will have our day, it just wasn't today. I'm still coming for you Deikailo! (he types while standing beside her) Wink

What combos did you use?
(Nov. 13, 2011  2:09 AM)® Wrote: Metal Zoroak did it again! That dude's a pro already O.o . And it was kind of obvious that Arupaeo was gonna win :>. Congrats to the winners. I bet NY was more challenging than MD. Wink

Yes, Yes New York is harder then MD, but not by much, Joseph beat me by like 2-3 rotations each time, hah.

But yeah, congrats to everyone who came! Grin
Ahhh
Arup I think used MF VariAries BD145RF MF-H Basalt AquarioTH170D MF-H Basalt Kerbeck 90RS am I right hah?
(Nov. 13, 2011  1:09 AM)Arupaeo Wrote:
(Nov. 12, 2011  11:10 PM)th!nk Wrote: Well don't keep us all in suspense! Did you and Deikailo battle in the finals? Who won? Did you both dress as Blader DJ's? Was there video? Any Fatalities? Action? Drama? Excitement? Norse Gods? Did anyone other than Kaji man uip and use attack? Was it all 10-minute stamina battles?

Hey th!nk,

Didn't mean to leave you hanging there! As you can see from the OP I was able to win the tournament. Smile

Yes, we absolutely both dressed as Blader DJs! There is video that Dei took as well as a bunch of other people who were there and hopefully there were some stills taken as well. As usual, I was too busy running around doing stuff to stop and take any shots of my own.

There was plenty of drama and excitement, and while there weren't any fatalities there was an injury - during a battle my opponent smashed my hand with his launcher and gashed open my finger between the knuckles. fortunately I always take a first aid kit with me, and so was able to be patched up in no time (it nothing really, but it did bleed and hurt some).

There were a surprising number of attack bladers there, but the majority were stamina and defense based combos. Phantom Orion was all over the place as were some non-bearing drive phantom customs that ended up doing very well!

As to Deikailo and myself... No, we didn't actually get to battle! I was so disappointed! We should have done an exhibition match, but the logistics of the school as a new venue didn't really give us the time.

But all is not lost! I have a feeling the the conclusion of the Climactic DJ Battle is yet to come - and may be coming sooner than you think... Hmm..... Eee

sorry abut that, hope youre OK.

something really weird happened, me and shadow X both met at the mini tourny, lost to arupeo, and when i versed Intrance, he versed joseph!!! and we both lost....
that was a fun tourney, i made it to the finals!!!
today was great, although i DID ruin the entire point of this tourney by knocking out Dei (im horrible i know T_T) but im glad Arupaeo won cuz hes like an oshawott, a BEAST. MetalZoroark21 you live to lose to me another day(MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!). to all the bladers who were there you guys are great and dont let losing this keep your morale down for winning a tourney. a special shout-out goes to Kaji because he did A LOT better than last week, same with a bunch of other bladers that were here today. in short, thanks for a great day :D
(Nov. 13, 2011  3:45 AM)Galaxy4ever Wrote: Ahhh
Arup I think used MF VariAries BD145RF MF-H Basalt AquarioTH170D MF-H Basalt Kerbeck 90RS am I right hah?

Hah, Nope it was MF-H Variares R145RF, and I think he also used Basalt _ TH17- or 230 CS But yeah Im pretty sure it was the TH170D but im not sure
(Nov. 13, 2011  2:19 AM)® Wrote: Ouch! Did you move it anyway too rough? I often hurt mine when launching and my hand hits the ground Tongue_out. I got it worse, you'll be fine. And yes bleeding knuckles hurt.

No, I didn't. But I'll face it, any way I can. It'll hurt, sure, but I won't think of it and the pain will go away. How bad are your knuckles?
Ok. First, I'd like to give props to MYSELF! Given that I've only been battling for just a week now, I came in 5th place! (Oh, and it was my birthday too) 2nd, to Dei and Arupaeo for hosting an AWESOME tournament! And lastly to my son Joseph317 (Broseph to a lot of you), for not just being the best son anyone could ask for but, the BEST coach and mentor! GO TEAM 317!

lol Norse Gods...

One of my main men and new teammate (I'm the new member of his and PyrusOverload's team), LaidBackBlader (or I think it was BladeBackBlader, it was hard to tell because of all the yelling and chanting and hummus...) was also using an Attack-type, a Blitz Unicorno combo; but it lost the first match. I think I remember some other people coming up with Lightning LDrago, and I think Dei used a Meteo LDrago combo. Like the poor guy I was, I continued with my MF-H Lightning LDrago BD145RF, now with a permanent MF-H and BD145.

OH SHNAZZLE!! LBB, if you are reading this (and probably not, I'll give you two days to reply or to add me on Skype), I accidentally left you my black solid Metal Face. When you get the time, can you and I (and probably Pyrus) meet up so I can get my baby back?

(Nov. 13, 2011  12:26 AM)Deikailo Wrote: I expected more, but the parents I'm communicating with didn't publicly announce the event in the school. Oh well.

For those of you who heard about my computer crashing, rest assured, all the data restored itself.

Sorry to hear about your laptop, but glad to hear that your data came out fine. If anything, next time, I'll TRY to bring my laptop (I left mine at home because I forgot to charge the battery), and I'll even help you out with a second set of written notes for placings, rosters, etc.

(Nov. 13, 2011  1:09 AM)Arupaeo Wrote: As to Deikailo and myself... No, we didn't actually get to battle! I was so disappointed! We should have done an exhibition match, but the logistics of the school as a new venue didn't really give us the time.

Pyrus' fault. He knocked Deikailo out. Get mad/disappointed at him. XD jk

--

Overall, I feel really good about this. I had a lot of close calls today, but I did a lot better than last week. And by a lot, I mean that I lasted one battle longer than last week's STAGE FRIGHT. Two wins, two losses. I still have much to learn about Attack-types, and I will have to now work with an "alternative" besides Attacks to cover my bases. That, and acquire a right-spin launcher.
(Nov. 13, 2011  9:02 AM)Kaji Motomiya Wrote: [quote='th!nk' pid='837191' dateline='1321135836']
Huge quote removed

I used MF LDD BD145 RF my last match but i need to get better practice with my attack types
That really made my day! Great job guys!

I want to see videos!
(Nov. 13, 2011  3:36 PM)BeybladeStation Wrote:
That really made my day! Great job guys!

I want to see videos!

He actually used R145, not BD145, if you read further.

Somehow, I figured he'd not have used such a nonsensical combo.
Congrats to the winners! Wish we could've been there.

Did someone say Norse Gods?????

Here's a little song written about them from 1970 by a little group that sold 1 or 2 albums
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHVZlQeNt...re=related

Killer didn't type this LOL