New Rule Proposal: Beyblade Inspection

Poll: Beyblade Inspection Ruleset Poll

No: I do not think this rule should be applied
65.00%
Yes I do think this rule should be applied, bladers should be able to disassemble opponents bey
15.00%
Yes I do think this rule should be applied, I agree with the current ruleset
0%
Yes I do think this rule should be applied, I would like to add more details
20.00%
Total: 100% 20 vote(s)
(Nov. 07, 2021  5:22 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Nov. 07, 2021  5:19 PM)JCE_13 Wrote: Not necessarily saying I agree with myself (I know, I know) but this would just be a compromise since it seems like not everyone agrees with disassembly.
Isn’t that what is happening though? I’m confused. What compromise do you mean?
A compromise to the disassembly rule.
(Nov. 07, 2021  5:42 PM)JCE_13 Wrote:
(Nov. 07, 2021  5:22 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Isn’t that what is happening though? I’m confused. What compromise do you mean?
A compromise to the disassembly rule.

That already happened though. In the first post the rules are updated to say disassembly isn’t allowed
(Nov. 07, 2021  6:00 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Nov. 07, 2021  5:42 PM)JCE_13 Wrote: A compromise to the disassembly rule.

That already happened though. In the first post the rules are updated to say disassembly isn’t allowed

Ok, my bad then.
(Nov. 07, 2021  6:01 PM)JCE_13 Wrote:
(Nov. 07, 2021  6:00 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: That already happened though. In the first post the rules are updated to say disassembly isn’t allowed

Ok, my bad then.

Lol
(Nov. 07, 2021  6:14 PM)Hyper xeno Wrote:
(Nov. 07, 2021  6:01 PM)JCE_13 Wrote: Ok, my bad then.

Lol

Look who's back!
(Nov. 07, 2021  5:04 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Please read through the thread and you’ll find where we already came to the conclusion that dissasembly shoulndt be allowed. If you did read through the thread you would’ve also found that I said I was doubting wether it should be a rule too. Wow, whenever someone makes a proposal about something some people just immediately shut it down and don’t even look through the thread to see what has already been concluded.

This is very rude and uncalled for. If you wanna say "we've already realized that" it's one thing, but don't do it in a way where you're poking at them like this. You don't know why they haven't paid that much attention after all. In my case I was on mobile while bouncing between checking the forums and attempting to fix technical issues with the camera setup for my church, which have has rather bad video connections for the last couple weeks. Can you blame me for missing a few things then, and is it worth this sort of hostility even if you still do? The funnier thing was that this church service specifically called out that things that may offend us may simply be a result of us not understanding why they did what they did, and not necessarily because they're trying to do something offensive. You've fallen right into that very trap yourself here.

You've also got so hung up on the first part of my post that you've ignored the entire second part of my post which is a valid reason to question the rest of this suggestion anyways. All this rule seems to do (if I'm reading it right) is make it mandatory to look at your opponents beys in detail whenever you meet for battle... but why do we need to do this when we can simply ask if we need to look in closer detail, and there's only a few parts where this sort of attention to wear would matter? The tools to achieve this are already within your grasp, and not everyone will need or want to see your opponents beys in that much detail anyways. Is it worth the extra time for every single match in the tournament for each player to look over their opponent's bey when 99% of the time neither player will even plan on asking to see this?

Like, I've been to a few tournaments as a judge and co-organizer by now. So far I have seen exactly 0 instances of someone needing or requesting a look this close at their opponent's bey. If you really do think you need it for some reason they will probably let you do it if you ask, but this feels like something that a very small handful of people really want to do frequently. I don't see why we should make it a rule, a mandatory thing to do, when people are simply not doing so naturally by themselves. That alone says that people probably don't care for this sort of thing, so it'd be rather useless to them. In that sense I feel like that itself is your compromise: If you need this sort of detail, ask for a close look. Unless your opponent is using a driver with wear changes/awakening states such as Variable it's not really going to matter if you look closely at it or not anyways, so I'm not even very sure what sort of details you'd glean from it that you could do anything about.
To be honest, this whole thread confuses me. Isn't disassembling and inspecting your opponents Beyblade already a part of the ruleset? Or am I completely misinterpreting the point?
(Nov. 08, 2021  5:31 AM)BladerGem Wrote: To be honest, this whole thread confuses me. Isn't disassembling and inspecting your opponents Beyblade already a part of the ruleset? Or am I completely misinterpreting the point?

The current rules let the judge inspect them, but not the opponent. Opponents rarely (if ever) get the chance to touch the opponent's bey, though they are supposed to get a good fair look across the stadium when beys are revealed. Thus, this rule is (as I understand it) an attempt to make it a mandatory part of the match to hand your bey over to your opponent to look over in thorough detail as long as no disassembly or attempt to damage it occurs, to effectively make your opponent into a judge that cannot disassemble your bey for 30 seconds.

I see no point to this, haven't seen anything like this requested in any of the 8 tournaments I've been to and judged in thus far, and just generally don't see why we need to waste our match time looking over your opponent's beys this closely. There's basically nothing you get from it that you can't glean by just paying good attention or asking to get a closer look to a wear-specific driver a la Variable, and putting more hands on more things is riskier while COVID-19 is still not yet defeated on top of that.

So I'm mostly confused why this needs to be a rule at all, and why you can't just ask to get a closer look if you really need it.
(Nov. 08, 2021  8:51 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Nov. 08, 2021  5:31 AM)BladerGem Wrote: To be honest, this whole thread confuses me. Isn't disassembling and inspecting your opponents Beyblade already a part of the ruleset? Or am I completely misinterpreting the point?

The current rules let the judge inspect them, but not the opponent. Opponents rarely (if ever) get the chance to touch the opponent's bey, though they are supposed to get a good fair look across the stadium when beys are revealed. Thus, this rule is (as I understand it) an attempt to make it a mandatory part of the match to hand your bey over to your opponent to look over in thorough detail as long as no disassembly or attempt to damage it occurs, to effectively make your opponent into a judge that cannot disassemble your bey for 30 seconds.

I see no point to this, haven't seen anything like this requested in any of the 8 tournaments I've been to and judged in thus far, and just generally don't see why we need to waste our match time looking over your opponent's beys this closely. There's basically nothing you get from it that you can't glean by just paying good attention or asking to get a closer look to a wear-specific driver a la Variable, and putting more hands on more things is riskier while COVID-19 is still not yet defeated on top of that.

So I'm mostly confused why this needs to be a rule at all, and why you can't just ask to get a closer look if you really need it.

Thanks for the clarification, I think I'm going to go read up on the rules again! In all the tournaments I've gone to, we showed our beys to our opponents and the judge before the match began. Obviously this was before Covid, and we haven't had any tournaments over here since Covid began, but it's still interesting to hear that it's not actually in the rulebooks. It's also actually been fairly useful, since on several occasions fake beys/parts were able to be identified before a match began.
(Nov. 08, 2021  12:07 PM)BladerGem Wrote:
(Nov. 08, 2021  8:51 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: The current rules let the judge inspect them, but not the opponent. Opponents rarely (if ever) get the chance to touch the opponent's bey, though they are supposed to get a good fair look across the stadium when beys are revealed. Thus, this rule is (as I understand it) an attempt to make it a mandatory part of the match to hand your bey over to your opponent to look over in thorough detail as long as no disassembly or attempt to damage it occurs, to effectively make your opponent into a judge that cannot disassemble your bey for 30 seconds.

Thanks for the clarification, I think I'm going to go read up on the rules again! In all the tournaments I've gone to, we showed our beys to our opponents and the judge before the match began. Obviously this was before Covid, and we haven't had any tournaments over here since Covid began, but it's still interesting to hear that it's not actually in the rulebooks. It's also actually been fairly useful, since on several occasions fake beys/parts were able to be identified before a match began.

I'm not sure if I'm misreading you, or you're misreading me, or maybe even some mix of the two but this doesn't seem to match what I just said so I'm going to be abjectly clear here and spell it out in no uncertain terms.

-Showing your parts to the judge is mandatory, and should be done disassembled (or else the judge may do so themselves if needed to verify authenticity). Some judges may not need to check it if they've seen those parts before in your possession, though they can still do so if they want to.
-Showing your bey to your opponent is part of the reveal process. They should know what bey you're using, even if they're looking at it across the stadium.
-What is not currently mandatory, or normal behavior as I've seen it, is actually reaching out to hold your opponent's bey as part of the reveal process.

You seem to think I'm speaking against the second point being normal, but verily, it is standard fare (and actually quite unfair to not know what your opponent is using at all). Maybe you were simply talking about passing the beys across though like this, where maybe it's a weird regional thing but definitely not required at all (or else this suggestion would be redundant because it would already be in the rules). The whole thread is about trying to make this underlined point of holding your opponent's bey(s) in your hand for 30 seconds though, hence my reservations on it. I've said it's not necessary, because...

-You don't get any real information on your opponent's bey you can't figure out just by looking at it closely, which doesn't require holding it in your hands.
-If you really missed something to begin with from the initial reveal, you can just ask to look at it again for a few seconds and they should cooperate with you.
-It makes matches just that much longer to tack 30 seconds onto the front of every single battle. Asking your opponent for info is going to be a faster solution.
-It means more strangers are touching more things, increasing the risks of spreading dirt and diseases.
-It's the judge's job to detect fake parts, not the opponent's (though as an opponent or bystander you should still call it out if you suspect something is fake to give them a hand). The opponent doesn't need to hold it in their hands just to make sure it's legitimate if the judge knows the difference at all, making it redundant.

Thus, my confusion on why this should be added when it doesn't really accomplish anything that simply revealing them to the judge and the opponent doesn't already cover, unless you really feel the need to see just how smooth someone's Bearing spins or feel the bristles of a Variable to tell how worn it is? That seems to be the main reason for something like this, but what are you going to do with that information anyways? The answer is probably very little to nothing at all.