Natural Weather Phenomenae

This is the weather thread. This is where discussing weather goes.
Guess I missed something big haha.

Well Hurricane Sandy has been a killer. Irene didn't even knock out our power, but Sandy has destroyed any chance of getting power for the next week or three at worst. The hurricane split our three Bradford Pear trees in half and uprooted some of our neighbors' trees as well. The wind reached about 90-100 mph, and there wasn't too much rain thankfully, but enough to flood other areas.

The clouds were moving pretty funkily too, hopefully our NJ members are safe since the hurricane actually hit land in Atlantic City. LI was safer than most other places in comparison.
Irene DID knock power for me.
And a gigantic tree feel in front of a hospital door. So I had to walk around it.
I remembered looking at the large tree, and taking pictures.

Next day:

I find the whole entire tree lying on it's side. O_O
And Sandy makes another K.O on a very, very nearby power line. Which means no power for me! We've got a generator set up for some time, but that's not going to last long considering the HUGE gas shortage here in NY. Hopefully the power comes back soon; I do live near two currently powerless schools.
Sandy was worse for me, I live in NJ, my whole state was flooded, millions of people didn't have power. Thankfully I had power, it was terrible. The wind was Very strong, tons of trees around my neighborhood broke. Thankfully again, none of my family members were hurt. They even postponed halloween until monday because Hurricane Sandy was horiffic.
there was an eartquake in ohio it was smal but i thought i hit my desk until my mom says that it was an earthquake my first ever!
To my fellow Long Islanders, and all those effected by Hurricane sandy, you have my sincerest sympathies.
Wow, I guess in the East Coast, it's action packed! Over here in California, we got a near-tornado once, 90 MPH, as for rainfall through the YEAR, our average is 4 inches. The worst rain i got in the past year was Severe Drizzle. And when it does rain, it's only for 3 minutes.
EDIT: Tomorrow in LA we are due up for a 15 MPH Thunderstorm...As average it sounds, it is a punch in the face for me.
Okay so basically most of Ontario has been put under a severe thunderstorm warning. A lot of the GTA has already flooded spectacularly and the subway system is, to put it blatantly, doomed. There are some blackouts here and there but what's interesting me the most are the pictures (okay I'm not saying that the flooding is awesome but the pictures are).

This is the GO train come to a halt:
Typical Street:
The Subway!
Clouds!
Most of the images are from here.

The only thing I'm really worried about is if the internet goes out (/゚Д゚)/
Lancaster CA in for a night! They got a tornado watch, severe thunderstorm warning, I found this all out when I was watching a baseball game... Thanks EAS.