Natural Weather Phenomenae

That Hurricane Just Passed. By Like Nothing.
(Aug. 29, 2011  5:39 AM)JulianWar Wrote: That Hurricane Just Passed. By Like Nothing.
You have no idea what you are talking about. It was not nothing:

A friend of mine up in the NY-side of PA's power has been out for two and a half days due to the hurricane's effects, as well. She might also have some flooding(she lives pretty deep in a valley), but I have no way of knowing.
Wow as well! Did you take that video, Deikailo?

I had some major flooding, but the next day it was all gone. Done, like it never existed. The only reason I don't have school today (again) is because the elementary school has no power.

If I get my iPhone, I have a few pictures of it.
(Aug. 30, 2011  1:42 AM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Aug. 29, 2011  5:39 AM)JulianWar Wrote: That Hurricane Just Passed. By Like Nothing.
You have no idea what you are talking about. It was not nothing:

Let me tell you something "JulianWar" Once you think you've made it through Irene or any hurricane. *THUD* [Image: tree.jpg]
600lb tree falls.
yes really. i was supposed to go to new york this weekend for labor weekend and then we saw irene. now we arent going to go for a long while. i hope u guys are okay over there
(Aug. 31, 2011  2:19 AM)SilverPoseidon Wrote: yes really. i was supposed to go to new york this weekend for labor weekend and then we saw irene. now we arent going to go for a long while. i hope u guys are okay over there
Everything is back to normal now.
DANG, that is horrifying. Hope all of you are fine.
I hope you and your cottage are fine Deikailo.
I was blading while it hit so I than just as it hit I thought was swaying to the music but my tackle box was moving so I said earthquake! Then Irene hit and yeah it's pretty strange.
are you okay didnt you panic?
Death toll is at 37 from this...mostly after the fact...I finnaly went to the part of my town that actualy has it bad, and it is VERY bad.

The east coast did alot of panicing and yet alot of people were still unprepared. the end result is proof.

Let this be a lesson to all, $#!+ like this does happen, so be ready for it, and do not think it wont happen agian, because it probobly will.
(Aug. 31, 2011  2:28 AM)SilverPoseidon Wrote: are you okay didnt you panic?

I'm okay but I was rattled by it. That was plain scary.

ya i understand y u would be. we once had an earthquake in IL but it was minor and i slept throught it. but it wasnt anywere as close to this
Well, Everything Happens For Our Own Good.
I was laughing at this phrase from the day I read it.
But, I was WRECKED this Saturday..... I was planning to go on a one-day hike organized by my school. But, when we had to register ourselves for the hike(about a week ago), I was down with fever. My parents didn't allow me to register, even though the hike was a week later... So, I was upset. I wanted to enjoy the hike, as it was my last year when we would be having a hike(only 8th and 9th grade go for hikes) organized by the school.
So, on the day of the hike, which was this Saturday, i.e. 3rd September; things went worse.... Click the link to read the news about how the hike was affected due to rain..... I am safe though! Thank You Fever!
Well, hope my friends are alright though.... Unhappy

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/article/2/20...-kids.html
My town and surrounding areas got hit hard. Luckily my house had water up to it, nothing else. I hope everyone still affected recovers soon.
IDK if anyone knows about this, but there are tornado warnings/watches down here in Georgia.

It rained in my area, but that's it. The watch for my area goes on until 8:00 PM or 8:15 PM. Somewhere around that time.

Anyone else know of this?
(Sep. 05, 2011  9:03 PM)iBeyblader Wrote: IDK if anyone knows about this, but there are tornado warnings/watches down here in Georgia.

It rained in my area, but that's it. The watch for my area goes on until 8:00 PM or 8:15 PM. Somewhere around that time.

Anyone else know of this?
Yep, my mom has the National Weather Service app on her iPhone and it's been going off quite a lot. Though, it's been saying there are flash flood watches. We've only gotten some sprinkling at the most, but...

I dunno what to expect. Why must nature be so unpredicatble? Tongue_out
(Sep. 05, 2011  9:06 PM)Kaiba Hiwatari Wrote: Yep, my mom has the National Weather Service app on her iPhone and it's been going off quite a lot. Though, it's been saying there are flash flood watches. We've only gotten some sprinkling at the most, but...

Blargh, there goes the horn again, so loud, and almost impossible not to notice.
And the announcement afterwards doesn't make it any better. The horn has gone off at least 4 times here.
(Sep. 05, 2011  9:20 PM)iBeyblader Wrote:
(Sep. 05, 2011  9:06 PM)Kaiba Hiwatari Wrote: Yep, my mom has the National Weather Service app on her iPhone and it's been going off quite a lot. Though, it's been saying there are flash flood watches. We've only gotten some sprinkling at the most, but...

Blargh, there goes the horn again, so loud, and almost impossible not to notice.
And the announcement afterwards doesn't make it any better. The horn has gone off at least 4 times here.
The horn hasn't gone off here, thank God. My dogs would go insane.

Hope everything goes well for you. Smile
(Sep. 05, 2011  9:28 PM)Kaiba Hiwatari Wrote: The horn hasn't gone off here, thank God. My dogs would go insane.

Hope everything goes well for you. Smile

Thanks, I wish luck to you as well. Smile

I REALLY want to go back to my room upstairs, but it seems 5 minutes after I have settled, the horn goes off. Tired
So, I have to stay downstairs in the living room.

EDIT: BLARGH ANOTHER HORN
We're getting some pretty hectic weather down here in the Deep South/Southeastern US. Atlanta's getting some awful weather fits right now, and it's been raining and blowing pretty heavy out here for a couple days. We've also had some tornado warnings issued for local counties, but none near here. Plenty of huge branches blown down all around the house, though.

Hopefully this weather clears up by Wednesday evening - I'm flying through the Atlanta airport.
Over here in GA, we just got a few tornadoes hitting us. Thank god it didn't hit my house, but there was hail, and a tornado was literally in sight.
The winds from the tail end of Hurricane Katia are INSANE. Our glass table out on the deck is flipped over!