NFL Football

Bey Brad Wrote:
BSZK Wrote:Brad thats pretty dumb.

thank you for your well thought out rebuttal

haha I'd say its on the same level xD
Artie Wrote:[Image: 1ylkyr.jpg]

i hate you all

LMAO. Good one.

I like amercain football because it is a good game and when they are playing there are a lot of people keeping an eye on what is going on so no one can get away with anything unlike soccer where there is only one person who doesn't even care and picks a side they want to win and helps them win.
Roy Wrote:I like amercain football because it is a good game and when they are playing there are a lot of people keeping an eye on what is going on so no one can get away with anything unlike soccer where there is only one person who doesn't even care and picks a side they want to win and helps them win.
Bey Brad Wrote:
Roy Wrote:I like amercain football because it is a good game and when they are playing there are a lot of people keeping an eye on what is going on so no one can get away with anything unlike soccer where there is only one person who doesn't even care and picks a side they want to win and helps them win.

Does this mean you agree or something?
I don't understand what you mean? there are 3 refs in football (i won't call it "soccer"), just like it is in american football/handball

also, football players don't get a 10 second break every 2 minutes like they do with american football, they have to run for 45 minutes straight, then 20 min break, then run for another 45 mins

oh and brad: i'm pretty sure american football field is bigger
yes, but it makes more sense for the american football field to be bigger in the context of the game
Roy Wrote:LMAO. Good one.

I like amercain football because it is a good game and when they are playing there are a lot of people keeping an eye on what is going on so no one can get away with anything unlike soccer where there is only one person who doesn't even care and picks a side they want to win and helps them win.

There are more people that look after the game in Soccer. The Ref has final say, but there are also linesman in case the Ref does miss something.
Silver Kane Wrote:
I don't understand what you mean? there are 3 refs in football (i won't call it "soccer"), just like it is in american football/handball

also, football players don't get a 10 second break every 2 minutes like they do with american football, they have to run for 45 minutes straight, then 20 min break, then run for another 45 mins

while i agree football players have more 'breaks', that's easily offset by just how more complex american football is

physical breaks? sure. mental? hell no
Silver Kane Wrote:

Whatever! I don't really watch them so I don't know these things myself, it's my dad that watches it and he was the one that said the bit about amercain football. And no he does not watch soccer.
I've never understood what is fun and enjoyable about american football... first of all what is up with the 10,000 things written all over the pitch?? Cant they be written a little smaller?? And Americans like violent sports? then why watch AMERICAN FOOTBALL? The pads, helmets, thigh pad things, and probably fairy dust they sprinkle upon themselves take all violent aspects out of the game. I watch the superbowl though to try and get used to it, but all i get from it is $$$. I mean come on, most of it isnt even focused on the game. the highlight for everyone is the musical performance at half time D=

Im going to stop myself from comparing it to rest of the world football, but damn, i've tried to watch american football and get into it but its generally just too slow. And before i hear it no rest of the world football isnt slow! its amazingly fast, exciting, tense and skillful!

And erm... I do actually have an actual question Tongue_out In rest of the world football teams can buy players from other teams. for example Arsenal (english side and greatest side in the world) offer £16 million to Lyon (a french side) for their player Hatem Ben Arfa and if Lyon find it worth it, they will accept the offer and allow the player to sign a contract with Arsenal. This makes for exciting times if you hear of certain players being linked with certain teams, and adds another drop of excitement to football. But ive never understood how players go from team to team in american football Confused so yeah, how does that work?
knux Wrote:And erm... I do actually have an actual question Tongue_out In rest of the world football teams can buy players from other teams. for example Arsenal (english side and greatest side in the world) offer £16 million to Lyon (a french side) for their player Hatem Ben Arfa and if Lyon find it worth it, they will accept the offer and allow the player to sign a contract with Arsenal. This makes for exciting times if you hear of certain players being linked with certain teams, and adds another drop of excitement to football. But ive never understood how players go from team to team in american football Confused so yeah, how does that work?

I'm not really 100% sure how it works myself, but I know at the start of each new season in American Football we have what is called a "draft" where the leaders of each team (I can't remember if its the team managers or if its the coaches) select upcoming players from the college football level and other players that have put themselves up for "auction", if you will.

Again, I could have a few facts wrong here (I most likely do), but I think that's generally how it works.
Roan Wrote:
knux Wrote:And erm... I do actually have an actual question Tongue_out In rest of the world football teams can buy players from other teams. for example Arsenal (english side and greatest side in the world) offer £16 million to Lyon (a french side) for their player Hatem Ben Arfa and if Lyon find it worth it, they will accept the offer and allow the player to sign a contract with Arsenal. This makes for exciting times if you hear of certain players being linked with certain teams, and adds another drop of excitement to football. But ive never understood how players go from team to team in american football Confused so yeah, how does that work?

I'm not really 100% sure how it works myself, but I know at the start of each new season in American Football we have what is called a "draft" where the leaders of each team (I can't remember if its the team managers or if its the coaches) select upcoming players from the college football level and other players that have put themselves up for "auction", if you will.

Again, I could have a few facts wrong here (I most likely do), but I think that's generally how it works.
But how does one player transfer from one team to another?
If only Artie, the football master was here
they trade...

or buyout the contract. same concpet, really.
Any Fans here?
Use this topic to discuss the NFL

Anyway im a Jets fan
Hopefully well do good this season coming up =/ i have faith.
http://forums.beywiki.com/showthread.php?tid=844

my thread, which you carp ruined

and yeah, im a huge football fan. packers for life
REVIVE

players switch team when their contract is up (free agent). at the end of each year, a team can franchise tag one player, meaning they cannot be traded. if a player is in contract and they want to leave, the other team must trade draft picks/other players. teams can also pick up players that have been waived
I love the packers
I rooted for them last season once the jets where out of the running.
I think the jets are actualy going to be a playoff team next year. We have one of the easiest schedule of the season
^^^^ thats carp up lol
Any predictions for next season?
Cowboys Chargers superbowl???
Cowboys Jets superbowl? (i wish)
i think the jags have a legit shot

cowboys will choke like always