33.33%
lakers
66.67%
warriors
0%
other
0%
Total: 100% 3 vote(s)
I'm sure you'll find something, LMAO. I'm focused on this offseason. A lot could happen here in the next month or two in the NBA. I'm focused on the draft as well. Towns or Okafor, who goes first? Where does everyone else go? Curious to see. Here's what I say:

-T'Wolves are gonna take Towns or Okafor, with the other going 3rd to the 76ers. Both of them need big men, with the Wolves with no Love and the 76ers with injury-prone Noel and Embiid.
-LAL's probably going to continue avoiding big men to get guards and pick up D'Angelo Russell. They never seem to pick big men aside from Boozer or Jordan Hill, and Hill's really the only pure 5 on that team, aside from a low play time Sacre. They like to run small a lot.
-Porzingis 4th to NYK, Mudiay 5th to Orlando, Winslow 6th to Sacramento, Hezonja 7th to Denver, Cauley-Stein 8th to Detroit, Kaminsky 9th to Charlotte, and Booker 10th to Miami.

What do you guys see for top 5 or top 10?
So, for the draft Thursday, Towns to Minnesota at 1. Russell to LAL, Okfor to PHI (3rd C in a row), Porzingis coldly welcomed to NYK, and Hezonja to Orlando.

Justise Winslow #10 to Miami may keep Wade there (WWE wrestler Kane said he'd by happy to chokeslam him if he leaves). Cauley-Stein to Sacramento is interesting. Kaminsky to Charlotte is sweet as well.

As for free agency, Batum to Charlotte for Gerald Henderson. Lamb to Charlotte as well for Ridnour. Grievis Vasquez to the Bucks for picks. Hardaway to Atlanta is big.

Rodney Stuckey's got interest from Houston, and DeAndre Jordan has chance to return to LAC.
I like the Russell pick for LAL. Hopefully the rumours are true and we can land LaMarcus in FA, or acquire a proper big to pair with our young guns. Russell and Clarkson's meshing together along with Randle's development are what interest me the most now. The rest of the rooks and the now sophs are a nice addition too. Tarik Black will continue to improve I hope, as will the rest of our picks. Kobe will be Kobe, and his "tough love" should push those rooks along if they step up.

I'm liking the rebuild so far. Russell please don't be a bust.
Porzingis is going to be useful to NY, everyone's just mad cause he's a foreign player who came out of nowhere. They think he's going to be a bust like Andrea Bargnani, I really hope he proves them wrong. If a player comparison could be made about Porzingis, I would say it's a player in between Kevin Love and Ryan Anderson. He's got an unbelievable good 3 Point and Mid Range shot for a big man, and has quite a rebounding ability too. Really rooting for him to do good in NY, after all NY fans are the harshest out there.
Agreed LMAO. New York wants immediate success. You can't do it with one pick. You need a few years. New York doesn't have the patience. I love Porzingis. Can't wait to see him.

I expect Russell to do well when passing to Kobe. Interesting to see.

Kuji, do you think LA will get rid of their 15 shooting guards in exchange for some big men? Jordan Hill's their center at 6'10'', pretty short for a 5....
(Jun. 28, 2015  1:48 AM)DefStamina88 Wrote: Agreed LMAO. New York wants immediate success. You can't do it with one pick. You need a few years. New York doesn't have the patience. I love Porzingis. Can't wait to see him.

I expect Russell to do well when passing to Kobe. Interesting to see.

Kuji, do you think LA will get rid of their 15 shooting guards in exchange for some big men? Jordan Hill's their center at 6'10'', pretty short for a 5....

We're gonna be jacking up shots and running the floor like it's nobody's business. DJ 2002 - Yeah!

In all seriousness, I think we're going to sign a solid big man this off season, so there's that for the starter. We have solid backups at the bigs, but not a starter.

Go and get two big men, leaving the roster roughly as such (bolded are the players who are pretty much untouchable, italics are those I would want to stay).

F/C Black, Tarik
G Blue, Vander
F/C Boozer, Carlos
G/F Brown, Anthony
G Bryant, Kobe
G Brown, Jabari
G Clarkson, Jordan
F Davis, Ed
G Ellington, Wayne
F/C Hill, Jordan
F Johnson, Wesley
F Kelly, Ryan
G Lin, Jeremy
F Nance, Larry
G Price, Ronnie
F Randle, Julius
G Russell, D'Angelo
C Sacre, Robert
G/F Young, Nick

~big~
~big~

We do need wing players who can play defense though. Not sure who we can sign, someone of Butler's nature would be good, but I think we're on the right track. It's most definite we're going to run a guard heavy system.

The NY pick was a very good one. He'll do well in the NBA imo.
I'm kind of iffy on some players with LAL. I can see Jordan Hill returning, and maybe Sacre (unless they trade him away for another big man), but because of my lack of knowledge of the team (aside from the fact that Iggy Azalea is Nick Young's gf), I dunno what everybody does.

I think they need Boozer to stay to have another solid shot. He's a solid 4 tandem with Randle (Boozer on the boards, Randle for stretching the floor a little more. There's a case in Bringing Wesley Johnson as well.

Lin Shouldn't be in Los Angeles. That's my opinion. I want him back in Houston, but that's highly unlikely. I can't say whether he'll return or not.

If a trade is in mind, Ship Price, Ellington and a pick (if the pick is necessary) to get your big man. Neither has provided a lot.
Price has actually been pretty good. He's a great pg to sub in and give the starters n main bench some rest.

I think that Lin needs another shot in LA. I didn't like him in Houston, and I think he could do a lot of great things coming as a spark plug off the bench along with the second string. Ellington can go, he played well but we've had better reserves. I would honestly love to have Jodie Meeks and Jordan Farmar back for our backcourt. I loved those guys. I'd package Blue instead of Price, or maybe trade all 3 for a better big. We need wing and front court depth, and I believe this time we won't mess up as badly as we did.
As I previously stated, I don't know a lot about LAL. What you say may be the right move. I just saw Price with some low stats. Besides, he has no commitment anyways. Oh well.

In other news, rumor has it that DeAndre Jordan may go to Dallas.

I'm looking at Golden State still. I hope Draymond Green re-signs. If David Lee getting traded is true, I'm gonna miss him.
I think GSW should stay the way they are. Lee healthy makes them even more dangerous, getting rid of him would be a really bad idea. Unless he wants out of course.

Butler is expressing interest in LAL for a 1 year deal. I like that idea, and that would fill out the hole in SF quite nicely. LMA was offered a 4-year $50 mill I believe, and we're gonna be mighty close if not over the salary cap if we get both LMA and Butler. I like Jimmy a lot. Jimmy Buckets to LAL. Preach it yo!

Dallas is picking between Tyson C. n Deandre J. at this point imo.
Tyson's a rebounder, DeAndre's a Scorer. It's pick your poison, almost.

Action is WAY up early on! About Butler, an "impossible" one year deal with LAL. Define impossible. LAL's been in almost every major FA conversation thus far, and they better do something. Jordan Hill's option was declined.

Luol Deng opted in for his last year in Miami. Thats a start for them. Warriors exercise team option on Speights. Brook Lopez and Thad Young expected to return to Brooklyn.

Leonard expected to get 5-year deal to stay in SA. Ben Gordon's out of Orlando. Hinrich's staying in Chicago.

Also, Joe Johnson to the Grizz? They could be looking at another West Finals (provided Marc Gasol or at least Kosta Koufos stays, whom they need at least one pure 5 on the roster). Gasol is expected to return, so I see Conley-Allen-Jeff Green-Randolph-Gasol as the 5, with Johnson as 6th man in for Green.

Kuji, it looks like your Lakers are focused on others instead of the 8 free agents you have right now. What do you think of that? I don't know what to make of it cause aside from Boozer, Lin, and Hill, I dont know who's true impacts...
Deandre isn't really a scorer he is more of a dunks and put backs kinda guy. He can't really shoot that well (his low free throw percentage shows that) and he doesn't really have any good post moves. Dallas doesn't really have a choice as to who they get, ultimately it is DeAndre's choice as to where he would like to play next season. I think he should stay with the Clippers, he has it real nice over there: lobs all day, dunks, etc.

I don't see Jimmy leaving the Bulls. He is a RFA and the Bulls would just match any contract he signs. It would be cool to see him on the Lakers though.
That's what I red on the Butler thing as well. He's wanting to do it so he can go there, play for max short term, then come back to Chicago in 2016-17 to take advantage of the higher cap space.

God, with all these guys wanting max deal imagine if I made the most possible 1 million? The absolute anger would be ridiculous!
(Jun. 30, 2015  2:14 AM)DefStamina88 Wrote: Kuji, it looks like your Lakers are focused on others instead of the 8 free agents you have right now. What do you think of that? I don't know what to make of it cause aside from Boozer, Lin, and Hill, I dont know who's true impacts...

I don't know. I think sorting out who are definite keeps is important, but the skill level of the majority of the players on the roster and who are headed into FA aren't that spectacular. I think they're doing the right thing.

This was what I thought... But idk (Click to View)
So Ridnour's off to Toronto now, his 4th time moving this offseason, as OKC gains rights to a draft pick from this last draft. A writer says every team "wants him to get rid of him". His contract is right at mid-value, so he can easily go player-for-player in a lot of trades (not like James, thats ridiculous, but like draftees or role players).

Luke, if I were you, don't say a thing until you are with a team for sure. Even during the season, he might go away for someone...
Bumping with more updates and a question for Kuji and LMAO.

Greg Monroe to the Bucks, Granger and Marcus Morris to Detroit, Jared Dudley to Washington, Paul Pierce to LAC. Wade signed back on a 1-year deal. Larkin to Brooklyn, Ellis to Indy. Afflalo to NYK. Chandler in Phoenix. Carroll in Toronto. Finally, Love and Shumpert have signed back.

My question for Kuji and LMAO, as well as anybody else wanting to respond; Both NYK and LAL have been described by Aldridge and Jordan as "underwhelming". Who's gonna have it worse this offseason?
Ugh Toronto does not want Ridnour, we messed up by basically giving away Vasquez. Demare Caroll seems like he'll be a good fit for Toronto. As Drake put it "Welcome home DC!"

Aldridge and Jordan have every right to say that lol the knicks are literally the worst team. As for Aldridge he worked out with the Lakers for the 2nd time this week so we can expect him to sign for LA if all goes well. Otherwise him going to Miami is in the picture as well.
The Clippers look super good no matter if they get Aldridge or Jordan. Assuming they get Jordan than the Starters would be...

C-DeAndre/LaMarcus
PF-Blake
SF-Paul Pierce
SG-Lance Stephenson
PG-CP3

This line up seems too good to be true, but I don't think they'll get Alrridge because he dropped out of NYC because he didn't want to play center so I don't he'll sign.
So DeAndre Jordan selects the Mavs. 4-year, 81 million. The mavs got a good frontcourt thus far. Now we just gotta see what they'll do to replace Rondo (who went to the Kings for 1 year and 10 million).
Rondo is my favourite current player or he was a couple years ago, sucks to see he's not going to be able to get max contracts like he would have if it was 2011.
We got burned in FA tbh. All the big-namers shunned us, and understandably. The Spurs sound so much better due to the fact that they're one year removed from being champions. Aldridge would've been mad to pick LAL imo.

LAL added some strong pieces recently; Lou, Bass and Hibbert are clean pickups and give us flexibility for next season. Our backcourt is pretty ridiculous right now tbh.

So far I think NYK will have the worse offseason.
I really feel bad for you guys, your off season was pretty tough. Brandon Bass is solid at the 4, and thanks for stealing Lou from Toronto Unhappy

I predict the Lakers being 10th in the west next year, and then possibly moving up to 8th or 7th the year after that.

Sacramento is looking solid as well with the new additions of Rondo, Bellinelli and another Sophomore.
Spurs seem way too good this year.
C-Tim Duncan
PF-LaMarcus Aldridge
SF-Kwai Leonard
SG-Danny Green
PG-Tony Parker

They really seem like they can dominate the West if the Warriora weren't there. They also just got David West so their bench is going to be really good too.
Don't forget Ginobili possibly resigning with them, and not retiring.

Spurs will win next year lol watch.
Odds makers have the Cavs favored to win it all next season, with Spurs as finalists (Aldridge plus West is great pickings). That's provided James AND Thompson both sign back, but I think San Antonio's gonna make a run. Same with Dallas. Getting Jordan was big. J.J. Barea is back too. Houston's still got their squad. Texas is gonna dominate next season.